[Closed Sign Up/OOC]Bon Voyage

V

Vaila

Original poster
'BON VOYAGE'
-You are stranded on an island with eight other people. You have no shoes or memories of how you got here, nor do any of the others around you. Work together and make it off the island, back to civilization and hopefully you'll get your memories back along the way. But something is wrong, you can feel it in your bones. Danger is lurking around every corner, because you can certainly tell that you are being watched.

Like what you see? Read more below!

white-sandy-beach-on-phu-quoc-island-vietnam.jpg

[stabs=bcenter|700x500]
{slide=Plot|center}
Ok! So here's the deal. Your character, whoever they may be, is stranded on an island by a group of scientists. They have kidnapped you from your home, wiped your memories and put you on an island with no way off. When you first awake, you will no doubt be confused about where you are and how you came to be there but you need to act fast in order to survive. You'll need food, fresh water and shelter, and all of it quickly because it wont be long until new changes are introduced into your environment. {/slide}
{slide=Setting|center}This roleplay will take place on an island in the Pacific ocean, near the equator. It is hundreds of miles from any other civilization, so for all intensive purposes your characters are stuck. The island itself is about five miles across from one side to the other, and almost the entire island is surrounded by a beach with the exception of one large cliff face that drops down directly into the water. The majority of the center of the island is thick wild jungle filled with wild animals and hidden cameras to watch you. There is a fresh water source in the form of a river, complete with a waterfall, that runs from east to west on the island from a set of rocky hills on the east side of the island. {/slide}
{slide=Rules|center} Ok ladies and gents, and anyone else who might be reading, for those of you who don't know me I'm a little bit of a stickler when it comes to rules so read them and follow them. I don't just put them here for the fun of it! And just to make sure you've read it I'll need you to answer the question at the bottom of this list on your character sheet should you choose to reply.
Rule 1: No Godmodding. It's simple enough folks so don't do it!
Rule 2: No Gary/ Mary Sue's. For those of you who don't know what that is it's a perfect character that doesn't have any flaws.
Rule 3: No one liners! I'm guilty of this one too, but at least try to post more than one line. Talk about sight, sound, touch, taste, smell. Talk about thoughts, feelings, reactions and speech. I'd much rather read twelve paragraphs than two lines so go for it!
Rule 4: No altering the terrain.... this isn't Minecraft folks. Changing the weather is acceptable if no one else has spoken about it for a while, but not hurricanes or snow and such.
Rule 5: No superhuman powers. That is not what this is. So don't do it.
Rule 6: In addition to Rule 5, you will need to react as if your character is human. For example, you will need to react to Dehydration, Hunger, Injury, Sickness and Weather.
Rule 7: All new characters must have a character sheet. This includes doctors, scientists, and recurring characters for flashbacks. Three or four flashbacks is fine, but anymore and you'll need to create a character sheet.
Rule 8: You must answer the following question on your character sheet under the heading 'What is your favourite colour?' The question is: What is your favourite animal. It should appear as follows:
Rule 9: Your character cannot find the camera's. Eventually they will be able to, but no randomly spotting them. They're well hidden.
What is your favourite colour: Owls.
{/slide}
{slide=Character Sheet|center}

NOTE: You should only have one main character. This information is for background only, and will be regained over time but as of the beginning of the roleplay only the first name, physical description and personality will be known by your character.

NOTE II: During the roleplay, your character will be wearing a single white t-shirt with their name embroidered on the front, a single pair of white shorts, and no shoes.

Name: (First name, middle name and last name. Only the first name will be known to your character until their identity is revealed to them.)
Nickname(s): (What your character could be known as by other characters.)
Date of Birth: (Day, Month and Year they were born.)
Place of Birth: (Where were they born? Town, City, Country.)
Height: (How tall?)
Physical Description: (Hair, Eyes, Skin Tone, Face Shape, Body Type, Other.)
---------------
Personality: (What are they like?)
Dislikes: (Food, colour, weather, animal,etc.)
Fears: (At least 3 fears that your character has.)
---------------
Family:
Interests:
Other Skills:
(Hobbies, etc.)
Aspirations:

What is your favourite colour?
{/slide}
[/stabs]

Check here for the roleplay: https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/bon-voyage.112143/

Accepted Characters:

Female:
Liliana Baudelaire ~ @Vaila
Madgelena Melnyk ~ @B l u E s
Marlissa de Boer ~ @loviebeest
Lesleigh Suoma Kyo ~ @Zelda
Esmeralda Acardi ~ @kimsim12
Evangeline Smith ~ @Akira

Male:
Brandon Seacrest ~ @B l u E s
Skyler Morrison ~ @Thurrbo
Gabriel Carson ~ @Clirkus

Last edited by a moderator:
[imga]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/63/bb/72/63bb725b95972eb33f3fd0c414e67289.jpg[/imga]Name: Liliana Mary Iris Baudelaire.
Nickname(s): Lily, Liana.
Date of Birth: 1st April 1992
Place of Birth: Portland, Oregon.
Height: 5ft 7in
Physical Description: Dark brown hair, tanned skin, brown eyes, square jaw, thin, five weeks pregnant.
Other: Physical Appearance based on Chelsea Gilligan.
---------------
Personality: Quiet, shy, hard to get to know, good sense of humour. Lily is observant and doesn't say much unless she is directly spoken to. She hates to sit around doing nothing and constantly seeks out things to keep her busy. But despite her quiet exterior she hates to be alone and is much more comfortable sitting in quiet silence with people than being by herself.
Likes: Food-Tomato soup, Colour-Orange, Weather-Snow, Animal-Fox.
Dislikes: Food-Carrots, Colour-Purple, Weather-Fog, Animal-Rat.
Fears: Being alone, Heights, Buried alive.
---------------
Family:
Mother-Catherine Williams,
Father-Peter Baudelaire,
Brother-Jasper Baudelaire,
Brother-Cameron Baudelaire,
Brother-Nicholas Baudelaire.

Interests: Swimming, Fashion magazines, Studying.
Other Skills: Mixing cocktails, Cooking.
Aspirations: She dreams of being more than just a bartender, and wants to one day become a psychologist. She was part way through her studies when she was taken.

What is your favourite colour?: Bluebird.

Reactions: loviebeest
I'm placing my character and all the other accepted characters here to avoid a lot of scrolling. (won't put down here the CS above and below me for obvious reasons.)

red_hair_by_eugene_kukulka-d5mxu77.jpg

Name: Marlissa de Boer
Nickname(s): Marley
Date of Birth: 27 september 1993
Place of Birth: Catsop in the Netherlands
Height: 1,78 (5ft 10)
Physical Description: see the picture, she also has a fit body.
---------------
Personality: She is not shy but she often shooses to stay on her own and only gives comments when she feels neccesary. She rather avoids people in general than risking the change to be involved in an argument with them. But she does love having a good conversation if it's a honest or usefull one.
Likes: Food: fruit or fruit flavored colour: any kind of blue, weather: The moment after it has rained on a hot day, animal: owl
Dislikes: she doesn't like bitter food, the colour brown, snow and cats.
Fears: Drowning, felines, ghosts.
---------------
Family:
mother - Ina de Boer Visser
father - Teun de Boer

Interests: singing, binge watching movies and series, walking, bird watching
Other Skills: She is used to observing nature quietly for long periods of time. (yeah, no skills in the singing department)
Aspirations: Wildlife protecter, she just thought that it would fit her but she didn't truly know what she wanted to do.

What is your favourite colour? fox
1212114381.jpg

Name: Lesleigh Suoma Kyo
Nickname(s): Les, Lezzy
Date of Birth: February 9th, 1996
Place of Birth: Atlanta, Georgia
Height: 5'2"
Physical Description: She has dark brown hair with brown eyes. She comes from a half-Asian, half-American family, so her eyes and nose are smaller, her face has soft edges, and her body is petite. Her skin is a very white-creamy color, but she tans easily, so a full day out in the sun would easily turn her into the color of toast.
---------------
Personality: Lesleigh is very introverted and smart. She is fine with having a couple of close friends and doesn't do well with very outgoing and arrogant people. She loves learning new things and is a natural dreamer, or for a lack of a better term: "air-head". She can often get lost in her own world for hours on end. Lesleigh is not good with conversations and can get anxious when trying to keep up a conversation with someone new. Despite her weaknesses, she is actually very strong and not too shabby of a survivalist.
Likes: Food- chicken, color- blue, weather- cold and rainy, animal- hawk
Dislikes: Food- any type of vegetable, color- grey, weather- hot and sunny, animal- rat
Fears: 1. Large bodies of water in which you can not see the bottom of when looking from the surface, 2. Large ocean animals, 3. Fire/basically any flame that is not being controlled within a certain area
---------------
Family:
Mother- Makoto Kyo
Father- Ethan Kyo
Sister- Minako Kyo
Brother- Alex Kyo
Interests: Human culture, language, food
Other Skills: Creating herbal medicines, building materials and tools using natural resources
Aspirations: Author or anthropologist

What is your favourite colour? Hawk

Reactions: Vaila
[fieldbox="Magdelena Melnyk, goldenrod, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]Name: Magdelena Melnyk
Nickname(s): Maggie
Date of Birth: August 4th, 1991
Place of Birth: Yevpatoria, Ukraine
Height: 5'10
Physical Description: Maggie has pink undertones, she is fairly white. She was born with dark brown hair, but she always colors them platinum blond. She has clear blue eyes and dark eyebrows. Her body is pretty slim.
---------------
Personality: Bitchy. Magdelena is the definition of a bitch.
Dislikes: She hates blazing sun, lazy and weak people, and broccoli.
Fears: Death and clowns.
---------------
Family:
Father- Stanislav Melnyk
Mother- Eugene Melnyk-Koev
Brother- Steve Melnyk

Interests: Guns
Other Skills: Cooking
Aspirations: Join the Police Force

model used: alena shishkova

What is your favourite colour? Kangaroo
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Brandon Seacrest, blue, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]
Nickname(s): Brand
Date of Birth: December 1st, 1987
Place of Birth: California, USA
Height: 5'10
Physical Description: (see picture)
---------------
Personality: Asshole
Weaklings, someone who holds him back, and annoying wannabe leaders.
Fears: Death and being left alone.
---------------
Family:
Father- George Ryan Seacrest
Mother- Betsy Monroe
Sister- Connie Seacrest
Sister- Alexis Seacrest
Brother- Sean Seacrest

Interests: Money
Other Skills: Fucking Around
Aspirations: Becoming rich

model used: Bryan Austin Green

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
red_hair_by_eugene_kukulka-d5mxu77.jpg

Name: Marlissa de Boer
Nickname(s): Marley
Date of Birth: 27 september 1993
Place of Birth: Catsop in the Netherlands
Height: 1,78 (5ft 10)
Physical Description: see the picture, she also has a fit body.
---------------
Personality: She is not shy but she often shooses to stay on her own and only gives comments when she feels neccesary. She rather avoids people in general than risking the change to be involved in an argument with them. But she does love having a good conversation if it's a honest or usefull one.
Likes: Food: fruit or fruit flavored colour: any kind of blue, weather: The moment after it has rained on a hot day, animal: owl
Dislikes: she doesn't like bitter food, the colour brown, snow and cats.
Fears: Drowning, felines, ghosts.
---------------
Family:
mother - Ina de Boer Visser
father - Teun de Boer

Interests:
singing, binge watching movies and series, walking, bird watching
Other Skills: She is used to observing nature quietly for long periods of time. (yeah, no skills in the singing department)
Aspirations: Wildlife protecter, she just thought that it would fit her but she didn't truly know what she wanted to do.

What is your favourite colour? fox

Finally done, I really had some trouble translating this character out of my head.^^

• Love
I just thought of something. the characters come from all over the world right. Wouldn't they speak different languages? I just had the idea of colouring the words in IC if it was spoken in their native tongue. I think it would give some funny situations ^^

• Love
Thats actually a really great idea, the language barriers was something I thought about when I created the idea but I didnt really include much about it.

We should include it, because ones first instinct is to talk in their native tongue. And it's also easy to add in the play. :3

1212114381.jpg

Name: Lesleigh Suoma Kyo
Nickname(s): Les, Lezzy
Date of Birth: February 9th, 1996
Place of Birth: Atlanta, Georgia
Height: 5'2"
Physical Description: She has dark brown hair with brown eyes. She comes from a half-Asian, half-American family, so her eyes and nose are smaller, her face has soft edges, and her body is petite. Her skin is a very white-creamy color, but she tans easily, so a full day out in the sun would easily turn her into the color of toast.
---------------
Personality: Lesleigh is very introverted and smart. She is fine with having a couple of close friends and doesn't do well with very outgoing and arrogant people. She loves learning new things and is a natural dreamer, or for a lack of a better term: "air-head". She can often get lost in her own world for hours on end. Lesleigh is not good with conversations and can get anxious when trying to keep up a conversation with someone new. Despite her weaknesses, she is actually very strong and not too shabby of a survivalist.
Likes: Food- chicken, color- blue, weather- cold and rainy, animal- hawk
Dislikes: Food- any type of vegetable, color- grey, weather- hot and sunny, animal- rat
Fears: 1. Large bodies of water in which you can not see the bottom of when looking from the surface, 2. Large ocean animals, 3. Fire/basically any flame that is not being controlled within a certain area
---------------
Family:
Mother- Makoto Kyo
Father- Ethan Kyo
Sister- Minako Kyo
Brother- Alex Kyo
Interests: Human culture, language, food
Other Skills: Creating herbal medicines, building materials and tools using natural resources
Aspirations: Author or anthropologist

What is your favourite colour? Hawk

I wonder when there will be guys joining xD

This looks very interesting! Still room for one more?

[ hey, can you all delete your messages after except the CS? cause its annoying scrolling when seeing messages and Sign up sheets all together xP ]
Actually, since this is also the OOC there is no reason too. Though I can understand the scrolling annoyance. If you want to I can add all the accepted characters on one of my earlier posts. (even though I'm not the creator)

I am also interested in this! ^^ Any spaces left?

Oh this looks great ;u;
Room for one more?

In the description it says there are nine people on the island, reading that I assume that there would be at least place for 9 (5 if you count the CS already made)

full

Name:

Esmeralda Acardi
Nickname:
Esme
Date of Birth:
April 14, 1994
Place of Birth:
Venice, Italy
Height:
5'7"
Physical Description:
Her eyes are an interesting green color, and her black hair falls to her lower back in waves. Her skin is naturally dark due to her heritage. She often wears make-up, though she doesn't really need it per say.
---------------
Personality:
Esmeralda has an air of confidence that many people envy. She knows what she wants, and she has the determination and drive to get it. She's serious and disciplined, but she's also rather outgoing. She has a love for people, especially meeting new people. However, with her drive comes impatience. She hates waiting for anything, and she will make this fact known to you. She's outspoken and honest to a fault. If she doesn't like you, you'll know it. Many people don't know that she loves the beauty of nature: trees, flowers, and other such things.
+Reading
+Writing
+People (in general)
+Succeeding
+Butterflies
Dislikes:
-People she doesn't like (hehe)
-Failing
-Not knowing what's going on
-Lemons
-Spiders
Fears:
-Tight spaces: i.e. claustrophobia
-Being completely alone: i.e. monophobia (It is in the literal sense)
-Wasps: she's never been stung by one, and she doesn't plan on it ever happening
-Dying "young"
---------------
Family:
Antonio Acardi -- father
Daniela Acardi -- mother
Interests:
+Botany
+Writing
Other Skills:
+Writing
+Gardening
+Recognizing flora/fauna -- especially flora
+Multilingual: Italian, French, and English
Aspirations:
+She wants to become a botanist. She was halfway through her studies when she was taken.
+Family: she wants to have at least three kids
+Becoming an author: it'd be nice

What is your favorite color?:
Rabbits

(Haha, sorry to add yet another female to this cast of females. I just need to explore this character more.)​

Last edited:
I guess since there are already plenty of girls, and we can only have one character, I'll make a boy? :P Anywho, I'll get started on my CS right away~

Reactions: B l u E s