Not open for further replies.
[noparse]They call me _YinYang_[ONLINE]
But In here, I'm
_Alex Yang_
I've Roamed these streets for _29_ Years
Here's My Card
_Just ask around for the guy named Yang. He'll find about it soon enough_
I Swing To The _Anything is good with him_
I specialize in _The exploitation and manipulation of software and electronics. Or at least that's what he calls it. Some others would describe it as hacking. It's just such a blunt term, you know?_
I work for _Him, himself, and whoever is paying him at the moment. One could call it freelance._
My cold steel _Modified Mark VII Tazer, nicknamed the "Magic Missile" - originally built by Militech for civilian police use. It is a stout, black rectangular prism with some yellow/black striped tape around the business end. A pistol grip is on one end and the Militech logo is laser-engraved along the right side. The left side used to have the serial number, but it's been filed off. This one Alex got from a guy wearing a hoodie in some alley deep in the east side. He's modified it with some electrical parts originally intended for powering heavy machinery to allow the production some intimidating arcs of electricity capable of spanning a gap up to six feet. Highly illegal, but it's also very good at what it's designed for. It's power supply is actually an arm brace with numerous plate batteries attached, and a wire running down the user's sleeve to the pistol-like device. The battery only lasts for about 10 seconds of continuous use before needing to be recharged. Alex uses it for intimidation, mostly. When he doesn't, he's capable of stopping a heart in a fraction of that time. 0.12 seconds, to be exact. He's timed it.
Vibro-Knife - Another Militech self-defense weapon created when you combine a back massager to a serrated knife. It's specifically designed to rip holes, not cut them, and it does it well. Alex has rewired the small motor in the handle to increase the oscillation speed by four times what it was. It leads to quite the mess, but it gets the job done. Slightly less illegal than his Tazer_
Here's how it goes _Alex was born in New York, in a small primarily Chinese slum. His family included his father, mother, and twin sister. His family was neither prosperous nor very lucky and Alex spent most of his time wondering where his next meal was coming from. His father worked at a local construction site. His mother was a stay-at-home mom that sold scarves on the side. Together they scraped out a living for their two children. Alex didn't really have much going for him, except for one thing: he was pretty smart. At the ripe age of nine after he found an old, scrapped computer tower in a dumpster and spent the next four months getting it to work. By the end of the period he had two things: A barely working hunk of salvaged computer parts, and a deep seated desire to something more. Something bigger. Over the next few years, in conjunction with school, he got some practice in with exploiting code to obtain software illegally, since his parent's couldn't afford it. Eventually he was up to stealing bank accounts and credit card fraud around the age of fifteen. That was the year his father died in a workplace accident. Occupational hazard, they said. There was no insurance money to claim. There was barely a body left to bury. It left them crippled financially, and his mother got incredibly sick afterward with grief. His sister had to drop out of school to take care of their mother, and he was left with his computer skills to keep them all afloat. So, he began "manipulating software" for a living. He gained a lot of connections (and clients) with the underground world during that time and kept it up for four years. His mother did get better, and his sister finally graduated. Things were looking up_
Additives _May or may not have pre-existing debts to various members of crime syndicates that will remain unnamed_ [/noparse]

[Trumpet fanfare]

Last edited:
I digit bae. go post. And for some out of game funsies later on. I feel like Eden and Yang might be familiars in their fields. But for now we'll stick to our guns, and I'll leave that sideplot up to you.

I would imagine he's got most of his direct connections with those of the hacker circle, but he's met a few assassins in his time. Eden's probably a sort of legend to him.

Honestly, I was thinking she's go to people like him for service. since she's the kind of person who would have need to be in a lot of places without much restriction, a friendly computer person would be a good asset. though I can't imagine her not having a circle of these kinds of people, simply because going to one person all the time, except under the most friendly circumstances, is dangerous.

for all those involved, news has come to ear of a large netrunner front heading towards Militech HQ in greenwich. Corporate head Rudolph Derrickson has contacted local security firms and arms companies in regards to this event, an estimated 72 hours before they reach the area, however a small raid has already supplanted their power systems. a timed explosive is set up in an upper new york power plant, set to go off in roughly 24 hours, this will likely shut off power to the northern end of the city. the upper east and west included. Central park, maintained by a volunteer militia as a trade area will likely be unaffected as a majority of the tent and crate setups are without power to begin with. For OOG purposes, 1 day in the real world will equate to roughly 5 hours game time. give or take depending on post rate.

Given that there is no reason for any of the characters to interact, I'd say probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.