[closed for deletion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh myyy godd......
That would be fantastic....

sososo.. Is his entire memory stored electronically? or is it certain parts?

If you have any actual Knowledge of brain structure/function, yeah.

Veronica would probably be knocked out. Her chip is pretty basic and is more or less a data chip. So it isn't very connected with the brain and just stores data according to what she thinks is needed to be stored. Her plasma whip would probably toast, but possibly not. I'd have to go look back at my super-long description of it somewhere deep in my files. :tongue:

So, Plans for the second chapter, which i remind you certainly wont happen any time too soon, involve moving the characters over-seas. I have a method of doing this and a bunch of other naughty stuff that won't be released until the actual post, but keep this in mind if you like planning ahead. Also, there is no conceivable way for your characters to have known of this prior to its actual occurrence, and even then chances are they'll be in the dark.

Special Note: Those still concious after the Mass-EMP will play a fun role in this transitional post.

Super Special Note: Rudy is going to be Interesting to watch as he prepares for the EMP, considering that he'll most certainly know about it. The fun part is, he has no idea how much of a key role he plays in the transition, or that the transition is a thing, it being strictly metagame. (This was decided after the initial conception, and may be changed in the wake of a pending discussion with Blitz.)

Actually I have a fantastic idea of what would happen to him. It'll be an interesting transition indeed, I think :D But yeah, his entire memory is digital, every portion of his physical brain associated with memory has been replaced, he has zero biological memory ability. The EMP would leave him without even short term memory. He'd be a baby, you could play peek-a-boo with him and he'd be surprised every time. Of course his system is insulated against EMP, being filthy rich and able to afford it, but he had short range taser-like weapons in mind when he designed the insulation, not this. Small fragments may remain undamaged enough to retain whatever memories were running through them at the moment of detonation but nothing else. A few sentences, a feeling of shock maybe, it'll depend on what he's doing. And you'd best believe he's going to be trying to do something about it :p

Hey there! I know you were saying, ​Romdeaux, that you guys had enough players to go as it were, but may I join in?

INTEREST... ON!

I wish to join also. Should I get a character at a certain time?
I make LOOOOOOONG bios.

I wish to join also. Should I get a character at a certain time?
I make LOOOOOOONG bios.

I will now proceed to cover all possible bases that your question may be on.

When you should make your character: Now.
When in the chronology of the roleplay you should place your character: Present.
When within your character's personal chronology he or she should be placed: Present.
When your character will enter the story: as soon as you're ready to post.

Romdeaux, what's education like? Do you have any ideas, or can I just go with what I want, or what I think makes sense?

Edit: I wanted to get this up, so I'm winging it. Please, please, tell me if you don't like what I do, and I'll change it =D.

I've done my best, but I'm kind of inept at...things. I'd really appreciate formatting help from anyone who's willing =D. Cos?

They call me _Loyalist_Historian_ ONLINE

But In here, I'm
Rori David

I've roamed these streets for 25 Years

Here's My Card
attachment.php

Orientation Straight

Rori's skills include writing quickly. When she is not panicking, she has a photographic memory, but only for what she hears.

Rori works as an embedded spy, investigative journalist...whatever you want to call it for Infocomp.

My cold steel Something about cyberware leaves Rori unsettled. She knows that she's one of the only people in the world who feels that way, but it is what it is, and Rori has no implants. Herweapons and tools include a Savior Studios employee badge, a notebook and pen/pencil, flashlight, a pocketknife, a laptop, and a handgun and ammunition she's not trained to use.

Here's how it goes Aurora David grew up with a stay-at-home mother, Lilly, and a father, Jonathan, in the service of the Public Relations--propaganda--branch of Savior Studios, the American subsidiary of Biotechnica. Her parents rarely discussed political issues at home. But Rori was always an observant child, and when the subject of their government or their beloved leader came up, she often noted a rise of tension in the household, and her parents would not talk--save to snap at each other--for days. Her father rarely exposed her to his colleagues--scary, sharp, and serious men and women in suits who made a young Rori wince--but Rori attended the same corporate-run and corporate-influenced schools as every other child in the United States, and Jonathan watched as the propaganda he had worked to develop for years overtook his own daughter's education. When Rori was thirteen years old, her father vanished, and while Rori learned soon after that his field colleagues were responsible, this didn't heighten any animosity towards the corporation that helped her country so. She missed her father, and weeped for his passage, but if he had planned some act of corporate espionage, it was better for the company--and for United States--that he was gone.

When Rori was fifteen, her educational track shifted, and she went into the same corporate service as her father Jonathan before her. When she turned eighteen, Rori graduated, and started working to spread Savior Studio's message or corporate infallibility and importance to a new generation of children.

During a home visit, Rori discovered a house empty save a note from her mother. Lilly was on the run, and the note listed a location. Forced to make an abrupt decision, Rori burned the note, and did not tell anyone what it had read. Leaving her childhood residence, another agent from Public Relations approached Rori, and she soon learned of his true allegiance--the man served as a spy for Infocamp.

He threatened to report her to their superiors, and Rori knew that his longevity and age would prove him believed instead of her. And his request for her to, just as him, report back to Infocamp any information possible started off as menial. But the demands grew more insistent over the years. Rori still lives in fear of her secret's reveal, and she goes by the codename 'Notebook', in what her handler at the Infocamp considers an ironic jab at her habits of recording everything in a reporter's notebook.

Additives Rori is quiet when first meeting people--she has been taught that people often share more of their secrets when they're simply allowed to talk, not when they are coerced or asked questions. She is able to switch from this very quickly, and become personable, a social chameleon who can easily learn what she wants from the unsuspecting. But she memorized the lessons of her instructors. She has trouble adapting them to field work, and has very little in the way of street smarts.

Theme Song <iframe class="restrain" title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LJ5vswWy1Cg?wmode=opaque" frameborder="0" id="yui-gen78"></iframe>

Attachments

• MV5BMjA5MDIzMjk0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjgxNjc2NA@@._V1._SX640_SY427_.jpg
    MV5BMjA5MDIzMjk0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjgxNjc2NA@@._V1._SX640_SY427_.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 9
Heck yeah LoHi's in this sucka.

Yeah I can help if you want to bounce ideas off. Would have responded earlier but I just managed to net myself a brand new Mic and External Sound interface and I've been busy doing stuff.

Important stuff.

Honest.

To start with, I can't get my picture to show.

Don't make fun of me <3.

The code set up I always use with mine is [ imga=right ](picture link)[ /imga ]

No spaces before or after the brackets. It's the only way to get the code to be visible.

If you want to change it out for the left side, put in left instead.

If you want it centered, use the Image button included in the Go Advanced post setting.

I give up on life. And all of the things.

I'm trying, I swear.

If you try uploading your picture to your Iwaku photo album (or a third-party image service like PhotoBucket) you'll probably have better results, Loyalist. The attachments system with vBulletin is janky as fuck.

Also, Cosmic was enthusing about this game to me a while back and having now read it I am also enthused. I have a few ideas, but I thought I'd first check if there's space in this here game still?

Success! Thank you, Grumpy!

Can anyone help me with the fancy border things, etc?

That'd be your [ solid=COLOUR HERE ] [ /solid ] (without the spaces) bbcodes, or else the [ dotted=COLOUR HERE ] [ /dotted ] ones.

This is solid.

This is dotted.

Status
Not open for further replies.