I've Roamed these streets for _
25_ Years
Here's My Card
_0775373887674592.jpg_
I Swing To The _
Straight_
I specialize in _making you wish you were never born_
I work for _
no one in particular. I work for whoever has the sweetest offer (whether it be in cold, hard cash or the latest weapon/gadget). Basically, I'm an assassin paid like a mercenary_
My cold steel _Militech Plasma Whip VC-210 A personalized plasma whip with 300 volt charge at the least. Made by Miitech, it's one of the few working plasma whips made as of recently and was one of her most recent profits.
Biotechnica DM-300 Cybernetic chip A recent version of the brain chip. It hooks up to the user's brain waves, allowing them to pick up sound waves that might otherwise not be picked up. It also stores data, which can be then be transmitted to what they see, allowing them to see everything scientifically based on the data, such as distance, velocity, and frequency. It can also transmit to the user information, such as a mission or a job. It was one of her more recent profits as well.
Small, sem-automatic 7mm pistol with high capacity, 30-round magazines and silencer A rather old weapon of hers, but guaranteed to work. She has used it many times and actually stole it from a man she killed. He didn't need it anymore, did he? It has become a trusted weapon of her, with its high-capacity magazines and sem-automatic fire. She uses it for most of her jobsand has found that it is effective almost every single time._
Here's how it goes _She grew up having to fight her way through life. She was born into poverty, having to watch those around her live with a good meal to eat at the end of the day. Her mother was constantly at work and her father had abandoned them when she was only just a few days old. She dropped out of school in an attempt to find odd jobs to help her mother. They lived in a small, shabby place that was more worse for wear than they were. One day, she was approached with the offer of training to become an assassin/mercenary in return for five years of service. She agreed, quickly learning how to use a gun effectively. She was given everything she needed and for five years, she worked for the man. She had a natural talent, almost never failing a mission. When she was finally free from his service, he offered an exorbitant amount of pay if she agreed to work for him permanently. She refused, knowing that he was nothing more than a liar. She had learned through those long years that his payment could not amount to that of which she would get if she went solo. So she did and he came after her. But by that time, she was just as skilled as he was and she managed to kill him before he could kill her. She became her own boss, basically, taking up jobs that had a reasonable amount of pay. She still sends some of the money to her mother, though she hasn't seen her in a very long time. She very quickly became known through out the area and has been hired often. She got the plasma whip about six months ago and the chip two months ago, as payment for her successful assassinations._
Additives _She is very choosy about what jobs she'll agree to do and can be rather snippy about it. She is definitely one for sarcastic or witty remarks. On the outside, she is cold-hearted and won't take no for an answer. On the inside, she cares deeply for the people she loves, and that would include her mother. She isn't one for revenge, but she will kill someone if they tick her off enough. She's dangerous, but merciful at the same time. Not when it comes to her work, however. She's merciless in that area._

Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkl-NH_qbHE

</PRE>

I noticed a distinctive lack of people who weren't peniless bounty hunters of one variety or another. Perhaps it's time for a man of means :p

They call me
_Lazarus_[ONLINE]

But In here, I'm
_Rudolph Derrikson_

I've Roamed these streets for
_58_
Years //Unless you believe the rumors.//

Here's My Card
_
business-attire.jpg
_

I Swing To The
_
//beat of my own drum, baby.//_

I specialize in
_Biotechnical R&D and Corporate Management_
//Funny how they make these data entries look like we wrote them ourselves, isn't it?//

I work for
_CEO of Savior Studios,
//Now there's a meaningless title, since it's// a subsidiary of Biotechnica_ //I sure as hell didn't write this stuff. Some keyjockey in a cubicle probably did that. I mean watch, it's gonna start talking about my stuff in the third person.//

My cold steel _
1 Militech Rail Series 3 50 Caliber Magnetic Rail Handgun
Designed with maximum stopping power in mind, the MRS350 handheld railgun is not the poor man's gun. The 3 Series was created in response to increases in military cybernetic enhancements, specifically prostetics. With military and police forces becoming increasingly augmented and such groups as Corpore Metal starting to emerge, the need for a personal firearm capable of inflicting catastrophic damage against extensively augmented enemies became apparent, and so the 3 Series, consisting entirely of mag-rail handguns, was born. The 50 caliber model is the second largest model, weighing in at over six pounds when loaded. The barrel is 12 inches long, rendering it almost completely impossible to conceal, but its method of magnetic acceleration makes bullets surprisingly accurate and produces almost no recoil to speak of as there is no explosive component to the rounds. This allows for more devastating ammunition, as there is no detonation to agitate the bullet and thus the bullets themselves can hold a variety of on-impact payloads, the most popular of which include high explosive rounds and superheated plasma rounds. Rudolph
//Just call me Rudy// calls the weapon a "fashion statement" and carries a variety of custom rounds with him at all times. //I like a weapon that screams "There won't be enough for a funeral". Mostly for the shock and awe. People don't pick fights with me much. Wonder why?//
1 Biotechnica //Savior Studios// PD 3600 Series Rapid Frequency Scrambler Prototype A recent development in self-protection technologies in response to increased Netrunner activity, Biotechnica developed what they called "the taser of the cybernetics age". The RFS is a handheld device no bigger than the remote to control the locks on your car. Its function is to project a focused barrage of rapidly shifting wireless frequencies that disrupt wireless communication devices, including (and designed for) cybernetic devices with wireless internet connectivity features. The scramble will send massive amounts of random data feedback into a wireless system on a multitude of frequencies near simultaneously, effectively disrupting any attempt to access wireless communications networks and, in the case of cybernetic implants, feeding terabytes of junk data into the system and through it into the brain of the victim. Having a hand in the device's development, Rudolph //Rudy// commandeered the first prototype for himself. While now mass produced, his prototype does not have the safety limiters in place on commercial models, to prevent permanent damage to victims. Therefore extended short-range exposure is capable of causing brain deterioration, hemorrhaging, and sometimes death, especially in the case of individuals with a multitude of cybernetic implants. //Nasty way to go, let me tell you. Really puts the fear of God into a netrunner. God, in this scenario, being me. Of course.//_

Here's how it goes
_Rudolph Derrickson was born
//Okay you don't want to read this crap. Seriously, it's a biography. Like the novel kind. Birth to now, comprehensive, exhaustive. Understandable, since I've done so many amazing things and am so utterly worthy of praise, except that some of the stuff they say isn't even praise. It's not even properly embellished. So look, this is all you need to know.

I grew up in a wealthy family. One of the few these days. Corporate big wigs with not an iq point between them, guys who got paid a lot to say yes. Lived in the upper city on the East Side, above all the chaos and infighting in the decay of the old city below. Now my parents were rich, but I was smart. Had a real head for electronics. Crappy at software programming but a wiz on the hardware side. By the time I was twenty I was already the CEO of my own company, Savior Studios. Catchy name, right? Even then, I had goals. Aspirations. A romantic would call them dreams. A realist would call them ambitions. I called it immortality.

So my company ran smoothly for about thirty years. I was still in the prime of my youth. I wasn't the richest but I never wanted for anything. Good drink, good company, all that sleazy shit. But see, Savior Studios manufactured our independent brand of cybernetics and biotechnology. More than that, we were on the verge of massive breakthroughs in genetic augmentation, a cleaner, safer, more "homeopathic" method of self improvement. It was gonna be huge. We were going to open up an entirely new market, revolutionize the world. I didn't really care, I had all I could want, but it was a nifty thought. But Biotechnica, they didn't like that. They tried to buy me up, not for a hell of a lot either, but I refused. I owned all the company's stock and I wasn't selling it. We were doing well, why would I? So they had me assassinated.

Oh yeah, it was all over the news, eighteen years ago. "Up and coming biotechnology mogul shot in his penthouse". Police report said it was a hooker I refused to pay. Ha. Like I needed hookers. I was in the hospital for months in a coma before they determined there was nothing they could do for me. It was about damn time too. The doctor's only gave me a few days after that. My vitals got progressively lower for the next week, until I was hanging on by a thread. That night, while the hospital was closed and running a skeleton night shift, I died, and nobody noticed. The heart monitor had been turned off, though nobody after the fact admitted to having done it. The next morning the doctors found the heart monitor off and me wide awake and fit as a fiddle. Nobody could explain it, myself included. The bullet injury hadn't closed but doctors said it didn't look the same. It was as if it had moved, missed my vital spots. It was just a flesh wound, not the fatal injury they'd thought before. I walked out of the hospital a week later a healthy man.

At first, Biotechnica didn't like this. I understand that they were getting ready to send another assassin when Infocomp contacted them. Then their tune changed. The news was all over that too. Made quite a stir in the economic scene. Biotechnica offering almost a third of its net worth to the owner of a relatively small manufacture and research company? A guy who'd been at death's door only weeks before? The media smelled something foul, but nobody ever figured out what was going on. I took the deal: I would have been a fool not to. As part of the contract I retained my CEO position and salary, albeit as a figurehead. I essentially retired, wealthy beyond imagining, leaving the world wondering what the fuck just happened.

So now I live my days happily and in peace, donating to charity here, investing in a hostile corporate takeover there. I don't want for much, and I don't look for much. I'm content with my life the way it is, without need to involve myself too deeply in political or economic drama. And I would do just about anything to keep it that way.

I want you to think about that long and hard while you're reading this on your bootleg implants while you plot the downfall of your betters, Netrunner. I want you to think about that while you're searching up my history and company documentation for ways you can rob me blind and leave me as destitute and pathetic as you are. I will do anything to maintain the life I built with my own two hands. Anything.//
_

Additives
_Rudolph possesses a number of neural implants, but he keeps their existence and natures a secret from the general public. Specific models have not been disclosed: they are all custom designed by himself and his personal R&D team. One model allows him enhanced spacial awareness. He has an almost complete awareness of everything going on around him in 360 degrees, up to roughly ten feet away from him. This makes it nearly impossible to ambush him at close range and gives him an advantage in close combat. His second model is a memory module, granting him encyclopedic and photographic memory. This module is extensive and almost completely replaces the neural pathways that store human memory, creating a network of artificial neurons that pull memories not from the neurons of the brain but from a massive database with over an exabyte of storage for every memory he's ever had or ever will have, preserving them with perfect clarity and granting him the ability to call them up at will. This is not as much for convenience, however, as it is for //REDACTED//. Of course the primary disadvantage would be that //REDACTED//. However, despite this, the system //REDACTED// with the minor restriction of //REDACTED//. In essence, Rudolph is //REDACTED. And that's all you're getting here, parasites.//

Company Note _
Rudolph's administrative access to personnel biographies has been temporarily suspended due to an inquiry into abuse of administrative privileges for modification and censorship of sensitive documentation. Observation by Infocomp agents will resume immediately. Side note: Rudolph has not shown any permanent signs of aging in thirty years. Minor signs, such as graying of hair and increase in facial lines, has been observed but reversed after a few years. Closer observation must be required to discover the location of his
//REDACTED bitches.//_

Incidentally I have no idea how to make things pretty. Except colors and creative use of punctuation, obviously. If someone wants to tell me how I can stick my picture off to the right with the rest of the text unhindered on the left or anything cool like that I'd be appreciative >>

Attachments

• business-attire.jpg
    business-attire.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 4
Winner winner chicken dinner.

Looks as if we have a party it does.

A party who's not scared of posting with some detail.

This is going to be fun.

so we gotta bunch of cyber batmans one of them half ET and a Lex Luthor

I guess so. And I'm glad everyone's into detail. Makes things more exciting.

I think this is a good cast. I MAY make some minor adjustments to Eden, nothing too drastic, nothing will have to be changed. I was thinking about what Blitz said, and I figured her position to be more... Influence-based. But still. Nothing needs to be changed, everyone is still unfamiliar enough that it shouldnt affect anything.

THAT BEING SAID. ATTENTION WE HAVE OUR PLAYERS, Naturally more are always welcomed to join, but i think this is definitely what we need to enact some storytelling.

FIRST OFF: Intro posts, doit, what happens therein doesn't matter, the characters just need to be in the world.

IM MAKING A MAP. It will show territories, demilitarized zones or whatever, neutral territory, BLAH BLAH BLAH. AS WELL AS LOCATIONS OF MAJOR HQ (at least the ones in new york, cause there are others in other countries like a super important one in japan and once this chapter reaches its climax you'll all see whats happening there and yeah its gonna be bananas.)

WHAT?
RIGHT. PLOT. SO

HERES THE DEAL, I'll write this out now, so you all know what to expect. Once everyone gets into the story, and maybe a few connections are made, I'll make a post announcing this event.

THIS EVENT:

What's going to happen in the near future is going to be a direct attack from the netrunner front on Militech HQ in Greenwich, NY. The goal on their part is to Draw attention away from the major areas around Manhattan. They succeed. Bitchtons of ammunition and weapons are taken and they gain a pretty major advantage. The attack is mainly a two group plan, they have about ten or twelve take on the network part of it, basically disabling the building, all the while a commando/transport team takes their shipping wing.

Now, this occurs and leaves a lot of the native forces without resupply on the offensive front, and with the netrunner side HIGHLY advantaged.

People at first lay low, this gets tense, lots of netrunner rioting/generally shitting on the little guy. Thats the goal, chaos and anarchy.

MEANWHILE, A SELECT FEW, probably people like Rudy, are whipping their slaves like "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED GUYS, I THOUGHT WE HAD THIS SHIT TOGETHER?"

Anyway, thats not the point. Somewhere along the line a mention of a pretty Last-Resort level idea is brought up. A Large scale Electromagnetic Pulse. Like, Manhattan large scale. Like. A great deal of the east coast, large scale. Like. Enough EM to knock out ANYONE with electronics in them, and even some of the weaker natural folk. Like, SERIOUS POWER. But the idea is, it might just win them the battle.

Anyway. So thats under wraps and super low key, so, progress is made on deciding on it behind closed doors. Naturally BITS of it get out, but nothing substantial. ANYWHO. The vague rumors and hideaway scenario and General upscaling of tension is the idea here.

Once everyone has made their posts and gotten settled in, we'll tear it up.

Now, I won't lie, that giant EM bomb WILL be set off, it WILL be a major fucking shitstorm and it WILL cause "The Tokyo Incident" And lead us into Chapter 2.

BUT. That won't happen for a while. So, a little bit of whats to come, some plot and there you have it. I'll have the Manhattan map for you all in the coming days.

And yes, things will be slow before the plot trigger, so just chill, let everyone get their boots on and then we'll make things a little more exciting,

NEXT! IN TRANSMETROPOLITAN: DANGER! EXPLOSIONS! CHARACTER MOTIVATION! AND A MYSTERIOUS BENEFACTOR. WHO COULD THEY BE? WHAT ARE THEY PLANNING? WHY IS IT IMPORTANT? STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT!

My entrance was posted days ago, Apro is in the world

I'm... curious what an EM pulse is going to do to headjack.

I can't imagine it'd tickle.

I think as long as I can get Apro back to Undertown he should be fine

I almost kind of want to be hit by it. Just because of how drastically I'd have to change the tune of the character.

I mean it'd knock out both his legs and one of his arms as he's an amputee, and I've already establish the link connects to aspects of his brain that have listed occasional cases of Psychosis in prior tests so he'd probably have some hallucinations involved in the whole ordeal.

Would be interesting, even if Apro gets hit, it wouldn't do him in, it would probably knock him out for awhile cause his augments are neural lacing and optic hud but they're biomechanical and run off of semi organic circuitry, i think if he uses his bioelectrical abilities to try to shield himself he should be fine.

In this case, we're talking about such a profound amount and strength of electromagnetic radiation that you can bet anything that LOOKS like it might be electric is going to be fukkin fried. or at least horribly disabled. what this will likely mean for the characters:

Eden, fucking gone, son. A brainchip is vulnerable as it is, and while a normal one would probably sting and or knock you out, hers is pretty much going to fry a good bit of her brain, what that means? find out.

Headjack: more likely than not, he might actually make it through pretty well, brain wise. for plot reasons I'll prolly find a way to knock him out, or even better, fry his eyes. but yeah, as i recall i don't think is hardware actually INTERFACES with his brain too much... but, if thats the case he'll prolly be out.

Apro: this is difficult to assess. You handle it as you see fit, but keep in mind that biomechnical or not, the electricity is what will do you in. essentially, what is the power source and how is it used by the device? (often times peripheral enhancements like chips and i assume neural lacing are more or less "powered" by the brain. a chip is pretty straightforward in that its basically just an extra filter for bioelectric signals in the brain, adding additional proccessing or networking ability. for a more generalized prosthesis like lacing... iunno... you may very well be the awake one, that'll be fun.

im still getting to know the others

but basically what you're looking for is the extent to which the electronics actually meld with brain tissue. If its something more peripheral, like a standard processing chip or whathaveyou, you probably wont suffer too greatly, but chances are it'll be akin to recieving direct electric shock to the brain.

So yeah, that's that bit.

Also, there's so much planning going on, you guys are gonna love this.. hoohohoho

In that case if he's caught in the blast, he'll most likely get knocked out hard as the neural net lacing has grown into his brain tissue, and his optics will probably have to go through recalibration and then reactivation. His lacing will need recalibration, but I'm hoping I can write him back to Undertown before the blast, as Undertown is under a good bit of concrete steel, lead, and the like, it would probably take some damage but remain largely okay.

Well, that said, when the time for the blast comes, which won't be terribly soon, I wouldn't take too much stock in where you write your characters. hint.

Hell I'm surprised with so many bounty hunters around that nobody's posted trying to capture Apro yet, though caution should be talen when trying to capture some one who can fry electronics by touching the person

Sooo We're all waiting on Lex Luthor's entrance Yeah?

Pretty much.. I was hoping he'd be pretty into it too... Had some good plans for him.

[EDIT]

As for capturing Apro, you have to consider how each person goes about finding jobs. without a standard group to outline who's wanted and who isn't you have to rely on the person or group that actually WANTS the person. as well as considering a hunter's moral standards on killing/capturing. In addition, not everyone will take you on up close. Chances are, you might not even see them before they take the first shot.

That said, yeah.

i feel you i've been pretty clouded in the brain last few days I didn't think of that

I'm totally into it, been trying to work out a good opening post for the last couple days, but unfortunately I may have gotten a little ahead of myself joining this when I did. I got excited and jumped in but in fact I've got a camping trip this weekend, thursday through sunday afternoon, that I've been rushing around preparing for in one way or another. I won't have internet during that time, so I figure you guys should go on without me for the moment and I'll join in after that. Sorry for the delay, and again I'm absolutely still into this.

Incidentally Rudy is so not okay with this EMP bomb thing. That throws so many monkey wrenches into his plans it's cray cray. I sure hope he can figure it out soon enough or he's toast, what with his cybernetic memory and all. He'll be totally brain dead, if he lives, and the worst part is he won't even be able to remember what he lost.

EDIT: I may still try to get a post up before then if I get struck by a bolt of inspiration, but don't wait for me. Inspiration is more likely to come from further plot development anyway :p

Status
Not open for further replies.