Close to Perfection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miyuki had no time to react as the door suddenly burst open and Lance pulling her to him. She noticed his eyes were a bit red and from his reaction upon seeing her, rather than mad, he seemed to be more worried. Was he waiting for her? Well, that was to bold for her to assume as such but nonetheless she was relieved that he wasn't mad at all. "Sorry, I'm really drenched... It suddenly rained and I don't have an umbrella with me... And... Lance," She looked at him intently as she continued, "I'm really sorry for suddenly leaving yesterday. It's just that something happened in our house so I had to return back immediately. I'm really sorry for leaving you there.. Really, I'm sorry..."She realized how many times she said the word sorry but she really felt bad for what happened and just simply apologizing won't make her feel any better.

Lance laughed. "Hold on." He walked to the other room, grabbing his coffee cup as he did. Rummaging through his drawers, he found a small shirt of his and some pants. He walked out of the bedroom and handed both the coffee and clothes over to Miyuki. "Bathroom is over there...change out of those wet clothes. The coffee will warm you up...or do you prefer hot tea?" He asked, eyebrow raised in question. He suddenly remembered his mess on the table and grunted, turning around and picking it up.

"If you need to take a hot shower, towel's are in the cabinet." Lance said, waving a hand towards his bedroom. The only available bathroom in his apartment was connected and only accessible through his bedroom. The bedroom and bathroom were a stark contrast to his living area. It was clean, organized, so tidy it was a wonder it was even his. The sheets and bed linens were straight and military corners were obvious. The towels neatly organized and toothbrush firmly in the holder. After Lance cleaned off the table, he stumbled to the kitchen, setting about cooking breakfast.

Miyuki shook her head lightly. "Coffee's fine. Thanks.." She said in a soft voice that was slightly quivering as she finally felt the coldness of being drenched. As Lance left towards the kitchen, she had a few sip on her coffee to at least warm herself up a little as her eyes were directed to Lance's room. Is it really okay for her to use his bathroom? But if she left herself with wet clothes on, she might end up catching a cold... She spent a few minutes thinking if she should push for it or not while sipping on her hot coffee.

A..Achoo!

That was an almost inaudible sneeze but that actually made her come to a decision. "I'll just go in for a bit.." It was embarrassing but it was much better than taking a few days off from school because of a cold. Besides, Lance didn't look like he mind at all. "Lance, I'm going to use your bathroom for a bit." She called out, enough for him to hear while being busy in the kitchen. Leaving the half-emptied cup on the table, she brought the clothes with her and took a towel from the cabinet he told her and went inside the bathroom for a quick hot bath.

It didn't took long for her to finish bathing and went out of the bathroom now wearing the borrowed clothes from Lance. They were still a bit big for her but not too much. While drying up her hair using the towel, she took the chance to look around Lance's room. It was surprisingly clean and tidy, totally different from the impression she had when she first went to his place. He wasn't that messy after all. She chuckled a bit with the thought in mind.

She went out of his room and headed to the kitchen, the towel now hanging around her neck with her hands holding both ends. "Sorry, I ended up using your bathroom.." She then walked over towards him to see what he was doing. "Is there anything that I can do to help?"

Lance quickly worked on the pancake batter. He nodded as she mentioned going to the bathroom to shower as he flipped on the switch to start the stovetop. He set about making pancakes, yawning several times and rubbing sleep from his eyes as he did so. As Miyuki spoke, he jumped. Turning around with wide eyes he shook his head. "No, the pancakes are almost done. I'm glad it's not a school day." He chuckled.

Blushing as he suddenly took in her appearance, he cleared his throat and turned away. Lance finished the pancakes, setting them on the table and pulling out a chair for Miyuki. "Have a seat and eat up." He ran fingers through his hair and went to the kitchen. Cleaning up the mess easily and washing the dishes quickly.

The telephone rang and he sighed before picking it up.

"Hello?"

"Lance! Honey, how are you?"

"Uh, I'm fine mom...what do you want?"

Miyuki didn't notice that Lance blushed though she was puzzled why he suddenly turned away from her. She just shrugged the thought off her mind and sat on the chair as he pulled it out for her. She was kind of expecting that he would eat breakfast with her so she felt a bit disappointed as he returned to the kitchen to clean up. Nonetheless, she ate up the pancakes that he prepared for her. While she was eating, she heard the telephone rang. Though she couldn't see him, she heard Lance spoke as he answered the phone call. Her ears slightly twitched as she heard him say that it was his mom. If she remembered correctly, Lance has some problem with his family and that was the reason why he left.... I wonder what's the phone call all about..

She noticed that she was too absorbed eavesdropping and went back to eating her pancakes trying to divert her attention from the phone call. She was really trying but it seemed like it was not working. She hates to eavesdrop but it was really hard for her not to listen when she can clearly hear it...

"Can't I call just to chat?"

"Mom, you and I both know you never call just to chat...I have friends over so I need to go..."

"Well, honey...if you would ever answer than I would call more...and wait...friends over on a weekend morning? Is it a girl?"

"Mom...it's none of your business..."

"Fine, Sarah is here to talk to you..."

"Mom...I really don't wanna talk to her....I'll answer your e-mails, phone calls, whatever...but I refuse to talk to her. I refuse to talk to father...so until you stop harassing me and trying to get me to go home maybe we can have a civil conversation...I love you. Goodbye..."

Lance sighed, hanging up the phone and grabbing a cup of coffee.

Lance walked back to where Miyuki was sitting and reclined in a chair. He rubbed his eyes, yawning as he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.