Close to Perfection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miyuki tilted her head sideways as she noticed Lance staring at her. Did she actually say something weird? Anyway, he said that he would join her so it didn't matter anymore. She nodded and started walking along the empty hallway. She dropped by their classroom for a while to get her bag, slinging it to her shoulder and went out the school grounds with Lance. "I heard from the girls in our class that the cakes there are really good." She said enthusiastically before turning to him. "What kind of sweets do you like? Chocolates? Or maybe Ice creams?"

She thought that maybe she was talking too much, after all, she didn't want to have any awkward moments after what happened earlier. It was something that she should forget. Miyuki then flashed a worried smile. "I'm not forcing you to come with me, right?"

Lance followed her with a smile, leaning up against the wall when she went into the classroom to get her bag. He ran fingers through his hair as they left the school grounds. He didn't get a chance to answer her questions before she asked another.

He chuckled. "No, you aren't forcing me to come...as for sweets..." He blushed and looked away. "I really like chocolate...and ice cream....and cake...." Lance looked back at her. "I wasn't really allowed to have all of that at home." He shifted the backpack on his back and smiled at her.

Miyuki managed to catch Lance blushing before he looked away. She giggled silently thinking how adorable he looked then. She couldn't really imagine how he was before, with all the hardships he had been through being a musician. She clapped her hands once together as an idea came across her head. "Why don't we make the most out of today?"

"You see, I'm also looking for a shop to buy sweets for my parents tomorrow when I visit. So why don't we check several sweet shops?" Without waiting for his response, she ran a few steps forward with a cheerful smile on her face and pointed an Ice Cream Shop nearby. "How about we start from there? I already bought ice cream there several times and almost all of their flavors are good! It's really a must-try!"

Lance snapped back to attention at her clap and looked at her with wide eyes. A grin came across his face as he took note of her expression and joy at going to several shops. "I'm trusting you." He winked at her. "If I keel over and die then we'll have a problem..."

He caught up to her, grabbing her shoulder. "First, you want to go by my place and drop off our bags? Might make running around easier. I only live a block down." He pointed at a building that was obviously a tall building with apartments. Lance shouldered his book bag, watching her and waiting for a response.

Miyuki was quite surprised when Lance grabbed her shoulder, much more when he told her to drop by his place first... Though it was only for them to leave their stuffs there. Well, it is true that it would be easier to walk around without carrying anything. She looked to where Lance was pointing and recognized the tall building. It was actually one of the apartment buildings that she was considering last year when she was planning to move. She was a bit hesitant at first but eventually looked at the other student with a smile and nodded. "Yeah, sure. That would be a good idea."

It didn't take long for them to reach the apartment building. It was actually her first time to be invited to a friend's house, not to mention it was a guy's house. She was nervous and was feeling quite shy but she decided to shrug those feelings off. "Are you living alone?" She thought of starting a conversation so she could divert her attention from the tension she was feeling.

Lance took the key off his necklace and opened his door, ushering her inside. "Yes, I live here alone." He walked over to his table that had some small litterings of old food wrappers and such and quickly cleaned it off. "Please excuse the mess." He set his backpack on the ground and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Uhm, you can set your bag anywhere you wish. I, uh, let me clean up..." He walked swiftly around the room, straightening things and throwing others away.

Miyuki was following Lance closely behind him slowly as they entered his apartment. She carefully scanned the place. The room was indeed quite messy, as one would expect for a guy's room. She then first took out her mobile phone and wallet from her bag before putting it down beside Lance's backpack on the floor. She watched him going around the room as he quickly cleaned up.

She felt quite awkward just standing and watching him. She saw a crumpled paper near her and bent down to pick it up. Might as well help him clean up She then started picking up small trashes around the room and headed to the already-full trash bin nearby. She giggled at the sight and turned to the busy Lance. "Seriously, Lance. Just when was the last time you cleaned up your room?"

Lance looked at her with worry in his eyes. "I haven't had time since I moved here...bands have been bothering me to write them new songs and such..." He shook his head, dumping a bunch of wrappers in the trash before looking at her. "I'm ready to feast on sweets!"

"I see... You've been very busy." Miyuki responded shortly and threw the small trashes in the trash bin after Lance. "Well, I can help you clean up whenever you need a hand. Only if you want that, of course." She stood back up and smiled towards him as she nodded. "Let's go, then. Since we were talking about sweets a while ago, I suddenly started to crave."

Going first with the nearest shop, the ice cream shop. There was no long queue so it didn't took long for them to reach the counter. "I wonder what should I buy..." Miyuki thought aloud while looking at the shop's menu board. For a short while, she hummed in thought before turning to the clerk and ordered. "Choco-mint Ice Cream, please." As soon as she got her order, she moved aside, making way for Lance to order. She then went to the bench near the shop and waited for him.

Lance shook his head, following her with excitement in his eyes. He stepped into line behind her, a child-like smile on his face. After she ordered, he quickly ordered. "Uhm, cookies and cream ice cream, a scoop of double chocolate, and a scoop of caramel swirl." He took the large bowl, quickly paying for it before exiting the shop. He already had the spoon in his mouth and pleasure written all over his face when he spotted Miyuki. He approached, sitting down and stretching before shoving a large bite in his mouth. "Mmmm...."

Miyuki looked over at Lance as he arrived and was surprised seeing the large bowl on his hand. She returned her line of sight to her own order which was just the regular sized cone with one scoop of ice cream then looked back at her classmate's. Hers was nothing compared to his. "Isn't that too much?" She asked looking to his face and finally noticed his happy expression. Was it her first time to see him that happy? As she thought so, she then giggled and leaned her back to the bench. "We still have lots of shops to visit! You might not last long if you eat that much."

It didn't took long for Miyuki to finish her ice cream. It was just a small serving after all but for a while now, she felt that there was someone staring at them. She casually scanned the place so that Lance won't notice that she was worried about something but she didn't see anyone looking their way. Maybe she was just thinking too much.

He shook his head. "Too much? I have a childhood to catch up on!" He laughed, scooting a bit closer to her as he quickly polished off his large bowl. Lance kept glancing over, a curious expression in his eyes.

Suddenly a thought came to him and his eyebrow arched. "Oh...hey, you want a bite?" He asked, holding out his spoon that had a bite of caramel swirl on it. "Sorry, I didn't think to ask..."

"Eh?" Miyuki was surprised at the sudden sight of Lance holding out a spoon to her. "No, no... It's okay..." She waved her hands in front of her frantically while slightly shaking her head as she rejected his offer. It was just too embarrassing for her but then... She kept her eyes fixed on the sweet-looking caramel swirl on the spoon. It's luscious golden color and almost melting... As if it was begging to be eaten quickly. Come to think of it, it was only one of the flavors she haven't tried yet. She looked up shyly at Lance and swallowed before finally speaking. "...Then, just a little bit." It was obvious that she was really embarrassed about it but moved her head towards the spoon and had a small bite on the caramel swirl anyway.

Her eyes widened and immediately moved her head back as she took a bite. Her fingers were on top of her lips as she swallowed slowly the cold dessert. As soon as her mouth was empty, she looked at Lance with a delighted expression, totally forgotten how embarrassed she felt just a while ago. "It really tastes good! I'll try that flavor next time."

Lance watched her expressions with interest, his head tilting to the side in curiosity as he realized he did not know why she was behaving so oddly. He was being nice and offering her some right? Or maybe she was feeling pressured by it? Miyuki leaned in and took a bite, the action and reaction making his heart lurch for some reason.

He shook his head, finishing his ice cream and throwing the plastic spoon and bowl in the trash. He leaned back on the bench, draping both arms on the back of it as he sighed. "That...that was the most amazing thing in the world." He laughed, a wide smile breaking out on his face.

[[ Waaa~ Sorry, I became quite busy! >w< ]]

Miyuki nodded and giggled. "Indeed... But," She stretched out her hands letting out a soft sigh before suddenly standing up from the bench. "We're not done yet. Should we go to the cafe that I was telling you a while ago?" She turned her back to him noticing that it was starting to get dark... And another thing.... "Ah, but," She turned her head towards Lance while wearing her usual smile. "I'll go to the comfort room for a bit. I'll be back." Without waiting for his answer, she went ahead though she was not sure if there was really a restroom to the direction she was taking... Well, she didn't actually left to go there in the first place.

Damn, those guys again. I told them to not come here anymore. She ranted in her mind as she walked briskly glancing suspiciously to her back from time to time. She must find a place where there were less people so that she will be able to make this stop but before she could go any further, a man in black suit suddenly grabbed her arm and pulled her towards a black car. "H-hey!" The man didn't bother to look at her and continued to drag her despite of how the scene was attention-grabbing and lots of people couldn't help but look their way. "I'm sorry, Miss, but this is your father's order. We have to bring you back to the main house as soon as possible." It was probably because of how she talked to him over the phone just a while ago. Her father's mood might have turned sour and wanted her back immediately. Just as she thought, talking like that wasn't a good idea.

Miyuki tried to shook off her hand from the man's but his grip is just too tight. She threw sharp glares to the man's back as she grumbled in annoyance though he seemed to be unaffected. "People might misunderstand this, you know?! It looks like your kidnapping me!" The man didn't speak a word and continued walking briskly as more and more people were looking their way. He really won't let go, at least she knew that much. "Wait, wait, wait! I'm currently with someone so at least let me--" But before she could finish her words, they already reached the car and another man in suit was waiting as he opened the door forcing her inside. "Sorry, Miss. We're just obeying your father's orders." Miyuki couldn't do anything but to just click her tongue as the car drove away.

You've gotta be kidding me!!! Miyuki exclaimed in her mind. It was really a bad idea to make her father mad. More importantly, Lance... She took out her phone to at least send a message to him not to wait anymore but, "Right, I don't have his number..." She brought both of her hands on her face and groaned in frustration. Everything suddenly turned into a very big mess.

Lance nodded, watching as she walked away with a sleepy smile. It was great....he finally felt free and like he had a friend. He leaned back against the bench, waiting for her to return. After a few minutes, he felt his face begin to frown.

After the first twenty minutes, he became nervous. Was she okay? Had something happened? Lance stood, pacing back and forth. He suddenly had an awful sinking feeling in his stomach. She wouldn't just ditch him there....she wanted the sweets almost as much as he did. Plus, when he thought harder, he realized she still had her bag at his apartment. He got out his phone, hoping to call her when he realized another thing. He didn't have her number.....Lance frowned and wondered about those guys that were pestering her the other day.

He groaned...

Miyuki was silent the whole time. She was really upset but then releasing it to her father's men won't do her any good. A deep sigh escaped her lips as she leaned her back to the car's back seat. Lance... He couldn't still be waiting for her, could he? He's probably worried. Much worse, he might think that she ditched him and got mad.

While she was lost in thought, the car stopped as they finally reached their main house's gates. Miyuki looked outside the car's tinted window as they drove inside when the gates went open for them seeing a big house, one that can be considered as a mansion. They finally stopped at the main entrance's door as a butler waiting outside opened the door of the car for her. "It has been a while, Miss Miyuki. Welcome back." Miyuki got off the car, staring blankly at the sight of the big house. "Yeah." She answered shortly and in an unenthusiastic manner without even looking to the servant and went inside the house though the butler hurried past by her to open the large door for her. She sighed at the man's actions but said her thanks anyway.

"Where's my dad?"

"He's waiting in the receiving room together with your mother."

Miyuki entered the house and went to the receiving room. As she was told, her parents were indeed waiting for her there. The woman immediately ran towards her upon seeing her daughter and hugged her. "How have you been, Miyuki? You didn't visit for a while, we're so worried." As if Miyuki was calmed down by her mother's arms, she faintly smiled and hugged her back. "Sorry, mom. I got busy with my Student Council works..." Her faint smile faded as she looked over her dad sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee on his hand. Her mother let go of her and walked to the old man, kissing his cheek. "Dad," The old man sighed as he put down his coffee on the table and stood up. "When I approved of you to live alone, it doesn't mean that you can neglect your duties here as the heiress of the clan. At least be responsible enough to check on how things are going here from time to time." These words were said calmly but they were stern and strict. Miyuki didn't even want to hear nor be the heiress but talking back at this moment is not wise. "Yes, dad. I'm sorry." Her father looked at her with his usual cold stares then turned his back. "Join us for dinner."

The room was filled with tension even after the strict man left. "Don't think too much about it, dear. He's just worried about you." Her mother rushed to her side as she wrapped an arm on her daughter's waist. Miyuki just lightly nodded. She knew it quite well and it's not like she hates her father for that. The woman beside her noticed her troubled look and spoke with a smile, "More importantly, how's school? Are you having fun?" A faint smile curled up on Miyuki's lips and looked up at her. She realized how her mother was trying to cheer her up. "Yeah. Actually, I was hanging out with a friend just a while ago but I had to leave without telling him so I need to go back tomorrow and apologize." Her mother's gentle smile turned to a playful one. "Oh? A guy?" Miyuki giggled at the question. "Yes but it's not like what you're thinking, mom." The two took their time talking to each other. They were having fun that they didn't notice the time until a maid called them for dinner.

Tomorrow, she needs to go back and apologize to Lance about suddenly leaving. She didn't know how she will explain things to him but she wanted to still hide the fact about her family as much as possible. Well, at least for now.

Lance growled in frustration. Something was definitely wrong. He had been waiting for over an hour and she had yet to appear. He walked back to his apartment, swinging by to grab some food for dinner along the way. That's when he realized he was sick to his stomach.

"Shouldn't have had all that ice cream..." He put a hand to his stomach, grimacing as he unlocked his apartment and entered. The house phone was blinking from a message and he shook his head. Perhaps Miyuki would come back for her bag. He wouldn't be able to file a missing persons report for forty-eight hours so he figured he might as well wait up. He headed over and clicked the red message button with a sigh. Taking off his jacket, he listened to a message from his mother.

"Lancey! This is mommy! You have three emails from me about the bands that are waiting on sheetmusic and lyrics from you...I'm not sure what time it is but as soon as you get this I would love it if you would fax those to me at home. Oh, and Sarah called the house again to ask about you! Love you! Now, get to work."

Lance rolled his eyes, his nose wrinkling. Opening his laptop, he looked at the emails. He positioned his computer so he was facing the door, hoping that at any moment Miyuki would enter and save him from all he had to do. He quickly looked away in disappointment. He quickly faxed the lyrics and sheetmusic to his mother, opening up his backpack and getting out his homework from the day. His notebooks were scribbled in notes and possible lyric ideas. Lance looked back up, sighing again once he realized that Miyuki had not come in yet.

After dinner, Miyuki spent the whole night with her father in his office and talked about the clan's recent works. As of the moment, a politician borrowed some of their men to guard him because he received a dead threat. There were other things that her father said but she wasn't able to remember them all. Well, she wasn't listening in the first place though she tried to look as if she was attentive. She knew that she can't run away from being the heiress but for some reasons, these kinds of stuff don't interest her even a bit. "That would be all. I have papers containing detailed explanation on each but I'll just make my secretary mail them to you. Be sure to read those thoroughly and tell me what you think." Miyuki just nodded and returned to her room as soon as she was dismissed.

Morning came and somehow coming to the main house always makes her twice more tired than a usual day so she still feel a bit sleepy but then she had to return immediately. She changed into her casual clothing and after saying goodbye to her parents, same men who brought her to the mansion were the ones who sent her back. She could have returned to her apartment by herself but her father insisted on making them send her back. But then making them send her all the way to her apartment might not be a good idea so she just got off the car on the nearest bus station. Well, she couldn't enter her apartment since the key was in her bag. Without any other choice, her first stop would be Lance's place.

Her family's car drove away. She started walking and somehow, she became really nervous. What would she say? How would she explain everything? But the biggest question bothering her was, is he mad?

Plop.

Suddenly, a drop of water fell on her head. She looked up noticing how the sky was slowly turning dark.

Plop. Plop. Plop.

The drops of water fell faster and before she could even react, a sudden heavy rain poured. Crap. She didn't have an umbrella with her but Lance's place isn't that far from where she currently is. And so she ran as fast as she could but the rain was really pouring heavily that she got drenched in a short period of time. She soon arrived at Lance's apartment, standing right in front of his door. She was totally soaked and wondered if it was okay to go there looking like that plus she felt her nervousness once again. "I'm already here... I can't run away now..." She took a deep breath and gathered all her courage as she brought her finger towards the doorbell and pressed it.

Lance had worked through the night, eyes growing red and vision blurry as he waited on her. He eventually shut his laptop, silencing his phone as he recieved yet another call from his mother.

"Lancey! I know you're there! Pick up, Sarah's here again...here she is:

Lancelot, hey...I know part of the reason you left was me...I'm sorry..."

Lance grimaced at the different twists to his name, not quite sure if he liked them or not. He brewed some coffee, hoping to keep awake as he looked out the window and noticed it was dawn. It was also beginning to rain. Suddenly, the doorbell rang and he rushed towards it, throwing it open. "Miyuki!" He cried in joy, pulling her to him and rubbing her arms to warm her up.

Status
Not open for further replies.