Clone Wars: The Long War

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vudukudu

Original poster
It is the height of the Clone Wars. The galaxy is torn apart by war. You, for one reason or another, are traveling through space when you encounter a distress signal pulse. There is no recorded message you can hear, but it appears to be highly encrypted, well beyond any civilian transmission.

When you arrive at the listed coordinates, you discover a star-yacht, the vessel of some fabulously wealthy Hutt or, perhaps, a planetary noble. Its engines are crippled, and the hull is scorched and torn apart. It has very clearly been attacked, and judging from the damage, anyone left aboard doesn't have much time. A small docking bay is open on the aft side of the vessel, billowing smoke. Scans indicate life support is still functioning, though just barely, and gravity is still intact. Lighting, weapons, and virtually all other systems are damaged or unpowered, but a life-sign scan as well as a heat scan pick up absolutely nothing, indicating the vessel has advanced shielding rarely seen outside military vessels.

---------------------------------

Long War will take a grittier, more personal look at the war that brought down the Republic. I've always felt as if the thematic and ethical treatment of the Clone Wars never reached what it very well could have (the morality of creating a slave race to wage wars, the notion that the Confederacy may well have had "true believers" rather than simply being a Sith puppet organization, the ethical decisions made in interstellar warfare, etc) and would like to do my part in fleshing out what I consider an unrealized area.

So, the essence of Long War is to track the lives of two main characters who find themselves integral to the war. Without spoiling too much, it has to do with something discovered aboard the drifting star-yacht, and its significance to the war effort.

To that end, I'm looking for someone who enjoys thematic sci-fi, as well as the Star Wars universe. Ideally, also someone interested in playing non-canon characters of somewhat "lesser" significance than the legends (Kenobi, Anakin, etc.) as I enjoy the prospect of playing the upper echelon of average - people who are, perhaps, extremely talented, but do not have the plot armor or legendary status of main characters. I want to get down in the dirt, so to speak.

Comment or message me if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.