Clockwork Pirates (Spots available/Open ^^)

Yes this is still very much open ^^
Great, I am going to pm someone then before I start making my character. I'm thinking of making an apprentice to someones character. Maybe an apprentice thief or doctor ^^

Is Windsong still planning on making the other engineer?
Ah I don't think so since he/she didn't respond. We've got another RPer who's interested in the role ^^

Great, I am going to pm someone then before I start making my character. I'm thinking of making an apprentice to someones character. Maybe an apprentice thief or doctor ^^
Sounds good :)

Is Windsong still planning on making the other engineer?
Oh.

Has someone already called the other Engineer?

Ah I don't think so since he/she didn't respond. We've got another RPer who's interested in the role ^^
I don't want to take it if someone else already has called it~

Anyways, I'm probably not gonna have my character up until sometime tomorrow anyways, it's late here. She'll be up sometime tomorrow morning/early afternoon depending on when I wake up~

Oh.

Has someone already called the other Engineer?

I don't want to take it if someone else already has called it~

Anyways, I'm probably not gonna have my character up until sometime tomorrow anyways, it's late here. She'll be up sometime tomorrow morning/early afternoon depending on when I wake up~
Nah that was back in the interest thread and so far they haven't responded to my posts so you may have the role if you put up your character up before they respond :)

Last edited:
Is there anything significant about this world that I need to know before I finish Matias' history?

~Full Name~
Cecilia Verity Blackwood

~Nickname~
Cecil

~Age~

~D.O.B~
January 13

~Appearance~
Cecil is average height for her age, and usually her blond hair is tied up in a ponytail. She has bright green eyes, and wears her fathers old military jacket, which she has made several additions too since she stole it. Lost the original goggles on it, so she built her own.
steampunk_lucy_by_hlao_ru-d355d23.jpg

~Role~
Engineer

~Family~
Casimir Blackwood - Father
Isabel Blackwood - Mother
Rene Blackwood - Brother - Currently enlisted in the military

~Lovers~
Had a Girlfriend before she left. They broke up.
Currently, however, none.

~Sexuality~
Bisexual

~Personality~
Despite her upbringing as a 'right and proper' lady, Cecil is anything but. Strong willed, adventurous, intelligent, and all around curious about the world around her. She loves learning new things, especially when they pertain to mechanics and engineering - something her parents would highly disapprove of. She loves tinkering with objects, re-purposing even the most useless scrap of metal into a working object, even if its nothing more than a simple clock or some other small device.

She is quite friendly and open to most people, even to those she doesn't know that well. She tries to remain positive in most situations and rarely would one find her without a smile or confident smirk. She can be sarcastic at times, but that's just her trying to keep the crew laughing if they need it. A trait some might find a bit uncomfortable though, is that she can be a bit too friendly and forward at times, and she always gets a laugh out of making people slightly uncomfortable.

When she's focused on a goal or current gadget though, she rarely focuses on anything else. Whatever she's doing has 110% of her attention. The only way to snap her out of it, is to either A: Take whatever she's working on away from her, or if you're feeling suicidal B: give her ponytail a friendly tug. Or the safest route, just keep calling her name until she hears you. Just hope you don't mess up whatever she's working on.

Sometimes, she goes off on tangents when she's working, easily boring people with techno babble and specifics.

A few less positive traits of hers though, is that she does tend to be a bit selfish though when it comes to sharing her tech and helping others. It's a side effect from being rather spoiled as a child. She'd rather have a bit of compensation for helping someone. Getting her to help for free is a bit...difficult. Either pay her with money or other things. If she feels as though she's being cheated, well, her personality does almost a complete 180. Her friendly easy-going attitude is replaced by a one that is completely different. She'll ignore, make fun of, and otherwise be a complete bitch to anyone who she doesn't like.

~Likes~
Open Skies, Adventure, positive people, mechanical things, building things, working with her hands or tools, the thrill of combat and close calls, explosions, freedom to do whatever she wants, her brother, money.

~Dislikes~
Stuck up people, serious people, depressed people, staying in one place for long, being indoors, nobles, the military, her father.

~Habits~
Tinkers with almost everything
no sense of personal space
biting of her lower lip when thinking silently
Thinks aloud most of the time.

~Fears~
Being alone
small spaces
dying alone
ending up a trophy wife like her mother
having no friends
having no money.

~Skills/Talents~
Though she is quite young, she has been studying mechanics and chemistry for a long time. While she is good and understands a lot of theory, putting them into practice can be a bit...difficult and dangerous.
Good understanding of mechanics
excellent understanding of physics, chemistry, and other sciences.
calm under pressure (if you define calm as 'babbling like an idiot' while she works)
Creative
stubborn, doesn't give up.

~Weaknesses~
A bit Greedy
Stubborn - getting her to change her stance on something can be quite difficult.
Selfish
relies too much on her own skills
doesn't fully 'trust' people easily.

~History~
Born to the prestigious Blackwood nobles, Cecilia grew up in a life of comfort. Every whim of her was catered too, and she was never without some luxury. As a female though, she was taught to act as a lady would. Or at least, they tried to teach her to behave as such. From day one, Cecil was completely disobedient and never listened to their instruction. The cause of this? Her older brother who was more than a bit of a mischief maker. The two constantly got into trouble, and Cecilia preferred that kind of life over one of being a 'lady'.

When she was about ten, she stumbled upon an old mechanical engineering text book and immediately fell in love with it. She taught herself what all of those difficult words meant, and with the help of her brother they even started making small little gadgets, which her brother promptly sold on the street and then sold for profit.

Eventually, her parents started punishing her for her behavior. Grounding her, locking her in her room and such, but that only made the problems worse. She had managed to hide her love of mechanics and sciences from her parents, hiding anything she needed in her room and just spent the days she was grounded reading and practicing her craft.

Soon though, it became evident that she wasn't going to learn to be a 'proper lady' Her parents pretty much disowned her after her brother enlisted in the military at the age of 18. Well, it didn't stop her much from doing whatever she wanted. Often, she sneaked out and went to a small little workshop her girlfriend had so she could work there.

It didn't last, though. She soon became bored with her life. She wanted to get out of there. She had never fully been content with her life, and after another rather...heated argument with her parents, she stole her fathers military jacket and sword out of spite, packed her things, and left without even saying good bye to her lover.

~Other~
Weapons and Gadgets:
Sword - An old military sword once owned by her father. She stole it. Not very good at using it though.
Pistols - She made these herself. While probably not as safe to use as professionally made guns, these pack hell of a lot more punch. Fairly decent marksman with them.
Gauntlets - Usually used to help her handle dangerous materials when she's working. Also tends to hurt if you get punched with it. Has a bunch of gauges and sensors on the side of it.
Goggles - Used to magnify small things when she's working. Also has a light on the side of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And she's done~
Please tell me if I need to change anything~​

Is there anything significant about this world that I need to know before I finish Matias' history?
Ah yes its going to be set in the victorian Era of the real world EXCEPT of course everything is more technologically advanced mixed in with a steampunk quality.

Also royalty is still up and about as well as make-believe kingdoms I might just add in there for more unexpected adventures.

Reactions: Perfect Neglect
What of character relationships? Are we going to sort those out before the rp, or let them develop on their own when we get to the actual roleplaying?

What of character relationships? Are we going to sort those out before the rp, or let them develop on their own when we get to the actual roleplaying?
I'd say that I'll let you guys sort it out yourselves if you'd like. Talk it out here or through PMs. Any which way is okay with me ^^

Okay need to ask something~ What sort of jobs are available? I am just trying to think of something for my twin~ ^^

Okay need to ask something~ What sort of jobs are available? I am just trying to think of something for my twin~ ^^
Anything creatively restrained within the setting of a steampunk pirate ship crew would do swimmingly ;P

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Okay, so how long has this crew been together?
I would say a few years now. Enough to be comfortable and working as a functioning team. Although if you'd like to make your character a new member of the crew for certain reasons don't hesitate to let me know.

Last edited:
@Moon Child Is the Navigator also the helmsman? I assumed so, but I thought it would be best to check before I end up looking like an idiot. Also, is everyone listed in a role still participating?

@Moon Child Is the Navigator also the helmsman? I assumed so, but I thought it would be best to check before I end up looking like an idiot. Also, is everyone listed in a role still participating?
Yes and yes :) I think they just need to finish up their W.I.P characters then I'll get the IC up after I get my characters sorted ^^"

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person