Clockmoore University

River sighed, running her fingers through her hair and lightly tapped the neko ears on her head. Her tail twitching, she laid on her stomach and set an alarm on her phone, putting it on vibrate. She took off her hearing aid and set it on the table near her bed. She plucks a thick leather book off the table and opened to a marked page and began reading peacefully.

River sighed, running her fingers through her hair and lightly tapped the neko ears on her head. Her tail twitching, she laid on her stomach and set an alarm on her phone, putting it on vibrate. She took off her hearing aid and set it on the table near her bed. She plucks a thick leather book off the table and opened to a marked page and began reading peacefully.
Elizabeth entered the room silently tapping the neko. She knew sign language easily. She signed. "Hi, im Liz, your new room mate." she nodded to her bags

River looked at the girl and nodded. She sat up a little and signed 'Nice to meet you. I'm River. You Freshman you?' giving the girl her attention so she could see what the girls answer was, happy to find someone who knew sign. It was exhausting trying to understand words with her outer cochlear hearing aids in.

River looked at the girl and nodded. She sat up a little and signed 'Nice to meet you. I'm River. You Freshman you?' giving the girl her attention so she could see what the girls answer was, happy to find someone who knew sign. It was exhausting trying to understand words with her outer cochlear hearing aids in.
"Yeah pretty much. Its nice to meet you. What are you into?" she asked sitting on the bed beside her with a soft smile. Liz had braces and freckles slightly on her nose. She was pretty. But..nerd pretty. With big boobs and pink hair.

River say up a little. She had short dark brown hair that fell just past her shoulders in curls. She wore a dark gray sweater with a band tee under it and some light gray jeans and, frankly, she was flat chested. She dressed plain, since her whole life she stuck out since she often had a interpreter beside her. Now she didn't, of course, because of the Cochlear Implants. Pushing her bangs out her face, only to have them fall in place again, she shrugged and signed. 'I love music. I played since I was a kid. They were the only things I could kinda hear. I like reading too, and silent movies. You?' She signed back.

(Sorry for the late reply. Busy weekend :/)
Vince shrugged and took another sip of his drink.
"Well...support was always hard to come by. Everyone keeps telling me it's a waste of time, and I'll never make decent money off of it," he sighed and rested his head on his hands. "So I just decided to take up game designing. It's a bit more challenging and I still don't get much support, but it's a better alternative..."
(No problem, ditto)

Jojo nodded. She paused for a moment mulling over what to say. "Well, I support you. Game design or music. I can tell," she sat back a little and raised her fingers in the shape of a picture frame as if sizing him up, "Yup, you're talented. For sure." She smiled genuinely.

Delfini yawned as she made her way to her new University, she would have preferred to sleep in a bit longer before having to get up for her first class but unfortunate for her this was the only schedule available. With her prominent pointed ears sitting curiously atop her head she was able to hear her way to the university where she would begin a new stage in her usually nocturnal life. As the sounds of fellow students drew her to what was surely the main entrance she glided in and landed swiftly on the edge of the quad and tucked away her large wings. Giving her body a last good stretch and letting out another yawn, revealing a set of very sharpened canines. She opened her bag and to take one last look making sure she had everything before zipping her bag up. Walking toward the entrance she readjusted the dark sunglasses that sat on her pointed nose and mentally gave herself one last pep talk.
'A bat can also make friends, a bat can be smart, a bat can always have fun!'

Vince burst out in a soft chuckle. It wasn't often he received compliments like this...

"You really think so...?"

Adrian huffed loudly as he ran quickly up the hill towards the University gates. It wasn't that the run was difficult for him, but the idea of being late for the first day of class did not sit well with his pride. He gripped the straps of his backpack as he picked up speed, the gates quickly getting closer into view.

"Whoa! whoa!" Adrian yelled, he temporarily lost his footing. He hopped himself back into place and continued his dash into the campus. His attention was caught momentarily by a female. As he sped past her he smiled, "Hey there bat girl, nice wings." even though he could tell she was trying to keep them tucked away, the very edges of them could be seen.

He kept moving towards the advisement offices. Only stopping until he got to the door, he stood up straight. Fixing is disheveled clothing, and smoothing his hair around his ram horns. Despite all his running he didn't show any signs of being tired or of being out of breath.

"Alright, lets get this over with." he said to himself, a bright and friendly smile spread across his lips.

7dd79706-a418-4579-9809-d38a28e8b5d4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
(BTW sorry I've been MIA, I didn't get any notifications... :( my bad. )

Jojo nodded and reached for a napkin and began folding it over and over. "Oh, for sure. So, do you wanna head back to admissions? That is where you were headed right?" She flicked her tail mindlessly, and shifted in her seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Klaus made his way back to the front of the campus from the fine arts building. He trudged along quietly, nodding hello to a few acquaintances along the way. He hoped he could get her to set up an appointment with one of the counselors last minute, and he wanted to invite her to tonight's concert. So far there'd be at least three people in attendance. That new girl he'd met just a while ago in the fine arts building said she'd come. What was her name again... River. She was cute. And his old friend Jojo promised to come and bring at least one friend. It was said no one loved the arts anymore, he thought to himself.

Finally he reached the advisement office. He was looking for Lane, his best friend. She was working the front desk as a student temp this semester. Inside the office, there was one other student in the waiting area. At first glance, Klaus could tell it was a male from the way he was dressed, but no idea what type of morph he was. There were horns. But that was the only obvious thing. The guy was facing away from Klaus. He eyed him quickly, then made his way to the front desk.

"Lane, hey!"

"Oh, hey Klaus. What's up?"
Lane was a gray wolf morph. She had long silver hair and icy blue eyes. All in all, pretty good looking body wise too. But she wasn't Klaus' type.

"Yeah, I was just wondering what you were up to tonight?" Klaus asked.

"We've been over this Klaus. We're just friends, remember?" she smiled softly.

"I meant- jeez, Lane- not like that, I meant," Klaus tousled his white hair and flicked his shiba ears, embarrassed, "I meant for the concert tonight. Are you free for that? I'm trying to get more people to attend, sheesh."

"Oh, oh yes. I can make that." She laughed quietly.

River checked her watch, her stomach growling. Standing, she walked out her room without remembering to grab her hearing aids. She made her way down the stairs and out of the dorm building, humming along the way. Her tail twitched as she sniffed the air, smelling where the lunch room was even from outside. Thanks to both her half animal side and her deafness, she seemed to have super senses. Licking her lips, River quickly weaved her way around students and towards the lunch room. She pushes the doors open and stands at the entrance, her gaze traveling around the room. Her eyes land on the hot lunch line, seeing that they were serving fish fillet burgers. River loved sea food and made her way to the hot lunch line, her tail flicking and swaying from side to side happily. Once it got to her turn in line she realized she didn't have her hearing aids in. She stared at the lunch lady, who kept saying something to her. River flinched a little, she had never been good at lip reading since the hearing spoke so fast. "I- uh.. fish.." She said awkwardly and the lunch lady looked at her oddly, then sat the burger on her tray. But the lady kept talking, pointing to all these other food, which River wanted but she just shook her head. She didn't want to speak without hearing herself. Her voice was always harder to understand then.

(BTW sorry I've been MIA, I didn't get any notifications... :( my bad. )
Jojo nodded and reached for a napkin and began folding it over and over. "Oh, for sure. So, do you wanna head back to admissions? That is where you were headed right?" She flicked her tail mindlessly, and shifted in her seat.
(No problem at all. :))

"Oh, sure!" Vince replied, glancing at his watch once again. He stood up and pushed his chair in, picking up his empty plate and guitar case. "Want me to grab your plate for you?" He offered, entirely by reflex. He had always been used to being so polite that he would often times do it without even realizing it. It was safe to say, he decided, that his stepfather's traits had rubbed off on him quite a bit.

(No problem at all. :))
"Oh, sure!" Vince replied, glancing at his watch once again. He stood up and pushed his chair in, picking up his empty plate and guitar case. "Want me to grab your plate for you?" He offered, entirely by reflex. He had always been used to being so polite that he would often times do it without even realizing it. It was safe to say, he decided, that his stepfather's traits had rubbed off on him quite a bit.
Jojo blushed unintentionally. She wasn't used to having someone be so polite to her.
"Oh, uh, thank you..." She stood up, swishing her tail again and grabbing her satchel. She kept fiddling nervously with the napkin in her hands until she realized she was ripping it to bits. She smiled nervously and chuckled a bit.
"Ooops..." she dropped the torn napkin bits onto her plate. "Nervous tick.. heh heh..."

Klaus shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"Jeez, pup, why not make me look like a doofus..." he hissed jokingly.

"Sorry, sorry. But you know how you are," she laughed, " I can never tell with you sometimes! But I can be there for sure. Anything for the arts!"

"Oh, and is there a counselor available at the moment...?" Klaus smiled charmingly and wriggled it eyebrows wittingly.

"Nope. Sorry, bud." She motioned the guy with the horns. "He's got next. Besides, I can't just wave my hand and get a opening for you, ya know. This isn't like when I worked at Taco King..." She narrowed her eyes at him.

"Ok, ok, I get you. No harm in checking. Gimme a heads up when there's an opening, will ya? I wanna talk about getting out of one of my classes before it's too late." Klaus started heading for the door. "I'll catch you later, I'm starving."

"Yeah, yeah sure." Lane had stopped listening to him and was filing her nails.

Klaus shook his head laughing to himself and made his way to the cafeteria.

"Oh, not at all. Happens to me all the time." Vince reassured with a smile. If Jojo were blushing, it was hard to tell under her fur. He tried not to blush himself as he picked up her plate and dropped it off in a dish rack at the other end of the cafeteria.

"So..." He said, joining back up with her. "Tell me more about this music tournament we're going too."

River hurried through the line, when it was her time to Katz she simply shoved about $15 in the lunch lady's hands and hurried out. She didn't cafe if she over paid, she just wanted to eat in peace. Making her way to am empty table she set down the tray of food, her ears twitching and stomach growling. Smiling a little to herself, she hybrid happily began eating her food.

"Oh, not at all. Happens to me all the time." Vince reassured with a smile. If Jojo were blushing, it was hard to tell under her fur. He tried not to blush himself as he picked up her plate and dropped it off in a dish rack at the other end of the cafeteria.
"So..." He said, joining back up with her. "Tell me more about this music tournament we're going too."
"Oh, the concert? Well, my friend Klaus invited me because they don't really have a good turn out for these types of things. He's an opera singer and I think he's doing this for a music theatre class, so he'll sing something like that. And I know there's a girl playing the violin, a quintet, and someone else singing, I'm not sure what style. But it's bound to be good. I love things like that, so that's why I'm going. But apparently it's hard to find other people who feel the same, and I already said that... I'm babbling now. But you get the idea... heh heh..." She smiled bashfully.

Suddenly she saw her friend Klaus come in the opposite side of the cafeteria. She thought about flagging him down to say hi, but then she remembered Vince was with her. She didn't want him to bring up anything from their high school days, so she opted to move a bit faster and pretend she hadn't seen him.

"So, yeah, are you staying on campus?" she asked changing the subject in hopes of distracting from her change of pace.

"Yep, I'm moving into the dorms. And I never really have anything to do after classes or on weekends and, well, I'm definitely not visiting home..." He said with a shrug. He thought about what Jojo had said about the concert. If they really allowed any genre, then maybe...

He paused for a moment to think. It had been a long time since he performed in front of other people, and given his antisocial demeanor, it would be a major accomplishment only to avoid fainting on stage. Nevertheless, he thought it would be a good idea to at least try. He pondered for a moment before asking Jojo. "Um... do you know if..." He sighed and gave up. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. "Nah, never mind..."