Clockmoore University

River made her way to the water fountain. She wasn't really thirsty but she didn't know her way around. It was better to act like she knew why she was walking down this hallway than to just get lost. Pushing the button, she took a short drink of water then brushed the back of her hand across her mouth. Standing there for a second, she dug in her pocket and pulled out a map of the school she printed from the computer and made her way back to the main hallway. She had a few classes in mind she wanted to check out.

"Oh, no. It's completely fine." He said, once he found a small pause between her words. He held the keys out to her, smiling a bit nervously. "You, um...dropped these."

He was curious to know...what sort of bad reputation did raccoons have? Of course, he's had plenty of run-ins with them to know what it was like, but he never knew that it was a kind of knack they all had...

She smiled back at him and finally found the power to silence her ongoing speech Jojo's eyes widened. "Oh, snap! My dad would totally kill me if I lost these. You are lifesaver."

He chuckled a bit. "It was no problem at all." He said, nervously scratching the back of his neck. "So...Are you also new here?" He asked, trying to strike up a friendly conversation.

Jojo smiled and took the keys. "Actually yeah, this is my first time coming in because I missed orientation." She laughed nervously. Gosh why do i always get loud and obnoxious when I meet someone new she thought to herself. "I didn't get your name," she said trying her best to seem normal.

River weaved through the crowd. She was a little more relaxed. Sure, there were a lot of people around her, but she couldnt hear them so it was like they werent there. Like she was in her own little world. Making her way to the main office, she stopped to pick up some pamphlets talking about the different classes to take and what learning oppertunities they gave. River set her violin case on a nearby bench and took her cello case off her shoulders, leaning it against a wall and she sat down to quietly read what classes sounded interesting.

"Oh, sorry. I'm Vince. Nice to meet you." He said, holding out for a handshake. "Yeah, I also missed the orientation because my parents wouldn't take me. They're a little...well..." He shrugged, not wanting to speak of it.

A lumbering figure sat on the bench next to River, an audible sigh escaping his crocodillian jaws before he turned his attention to the cat he had sat beside.
"Hi there, I couldn't help to -uhm- notice the string instruments you have there, Are you interested in classical music?" His voice rumbled, it wasn't that appealing to be honest, like gravel being slushed around in a cup of mucus, but there was no real malice to his voice.
"I'm Douglas by the way, what is your name?" The reptile asked. He messed with the sleeves of his flannel shirt while he awaited a hopefully positive answer.

"Oh, no worries," Jojo said shaking his hand. "I can totally relate. No need to explain. My dad is the President of Puritan National Bank and holds me to such unfair and high standards. I'm actually trying to live up to them and that's why I'm here. I'm majoring in Business and Finance." She shifted her satchel and took a more relaxed stance to keep the conversation going. She hadn't had someone decent to talk to since Koda left for college last summer.

River blinked shortly after the man next to her finished talking. Her head shot up and her eyes widened slightly. She missed all of what he had said because she had removed her cochlear. She held up one finger to say one moment and removed her beanie. Her cat hears stuck up, which were both out of place and matched her human face. She dug in her pockets and placed the hearing aids in her ears and attatched the magnetic circle to the side of her head so it held on to the magnets in her head. "Sorry..! I, uh, had my hearing aids out. Um, what did you say?" Her voice was weird because she was deaf, but she could be understood easily.

"Oh-erm-I was just asking about your violin and cello, I'm Douglas by the way." He shortened, he kept his awkward demeanor and continued to play with the sleeve of his red and black flannel by poking through with the claw on his index finger. He could have been less awkward, why did he have to be so awkward around people? His uncle wasn't really well versed in social skills, and that must have been passed on to him after his parents..left..

"Business and Finance, huh?" He said, growing a bit more comfortable. "That's pretty big stuff. I actually planned on video game designing, but haven't had too much support." He adjusted the strap on his shoulder. As awkward as he was around people, Jojo wasn't all that bad to talk to. "So, what do you plan on doing after college? Like, what jobs are you looking for?"

River glances to her instruments. "Oh. I'm River." She gave an awkward smile and sets the pamphlet aside. "Um, so what are you studying for..? I'm, uh, going to major in music." She quickly holds her hand out to shake Douglas's hand.

He tentatively shook Rivers hand, not wanting to crush it.
"I'm -uh- looking to study child psychology." He grinned, "So, River, what made you want to -erm- follow a musical education?"
He nodded his head upward, trying to indicate her deafness without really wanting to touch on the subject.

The neko twitched her ear, glancing to her music case. "I, uh, can hear a little on my own. Not very well. It sounds muffled. But I always blasted music when I was little, and I liked what I could make out, so I practiced playing instruments. When I could actually hear myself I wanted to make music for a job, so yeah." She looks at him and shrugs awkwardly."but, uh, what about you...?" She spoke awkardly.

"Hmm -uhm- I just thought that kids and Imagination in general is fascinating, and I wanted to, well, see where it all comes from!" He said enthusiastically whilst looking at his watch.
"Aw no! I'm going to be late for -erm- something! Gotta run, nice meeting you River, I'll catch you at a later time!" He said, all while jumping up, grabbing his messenger bag, and taking off in a sprint down the hallway.

"Yeah, it was my dads idea. I'm pretty decent with numbers so I don't mind it. I'm not too fond of the business part, though. I don't like suits." She scrunched up her face then laughed. "But, I don't know. Part of me is hoping to find a distraction here that will lead me to the real calling, er career or whatever. Hope that's no too deep."
Her stomach growled. She motioned towards the food court in the distance across from the courtyard. "Wanna take this chat over lunch? Admissions doesn't close until 4."

River blinked when he left then turns to her violin. She flipped through the pamphlet till she found a map of the school. She pulls her cello on her back and picks up her violin case and began walking down a corridor. She was heading to the music wing for real this time. She wanted to play her violin, which was by far her favorite of all the instruments she could play. Her violin was her great grandmothers and has been in her family for a while. She cherished the instrument and it was the first of many instruments she learned how to play. It didn't take the neko too long till she found the music wing and headed to a small row of practice rooms, picking the first one.

Vince stopped for a second and checked his watch to be sure. Sure enough, he had plenty of time for lunch. It was 2:30 now, and his last meal was six hours ago.

"Oh, Sure!" He said, picking up his guitar case. "Um...do you know where it is? This is literally my first time stepping in here..."

"Yeah, for sure. Did I mention this is my dad's Alma mater?" she chuckled to herself. "I know this place pretty well. That's why I didn't feel the orientation was that pressing. Follow me, it's right across the courtyard." She started off in that direction. "I hear the food here is great."