Clock-Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avery perked up when he heard a loud noise from outside and glared at the German soilder while grabbing his gun incase it was an actual attack. When no other noise came he lowered it back down and sigh "War's making me paranoid". A few moments later people came bustling in and he looked over to see civilians being sat down. He wondered what happened and shifted closer to hear the conversation.

"Henry...?" He whispered before stepping out from his corner and making himself known "You guys know Henry?" He asked standing straight and studying them. The lady of the group was most definitely the odd one out with her weird jacket but most of them looked normal. There was something off about the whole group of civilians that he couldn't place and left it to paranoia.

Mondanda was ushered into a tent somewhere during her coughing fit. Her lungs were perhaps a little sensitive. Pollution had been cleaned up long before her time and she wasn't used to there being harsh irritants in the air. It was like someone smoking for the first time. When her lungs had cleared she looked over their new arrival with immediate distrust. Another man, another time traveller. Like Henry. And he was looking for him, too. She hoped he would be willing to help, or else things just got even more complicated than they were already.

She didn't get to talk to him, though, because at that moment a soldier came rushing in. His eyes quickly found the "Z" on her jacket, but there was an obvious lack of comprehension that made her relax. But he knew Henry. Not knowing how to swear in ancient Eng, Mondanda's reply was an unfortunate mix of English and Amese. "Do you know that mofui? Can you tell us where the fui he is?"

She immediately caught herself and looked at the two time travellers. "Sorry," she apologized. "Language. I...slipped."

[bg=black]Year: 1941, Location: A small French Village

"Yes," I answered the solder who had so cautiously approached. "We know Henry. He has, unfortunately, been causing quite a lot of trouble. It is my desire to stop him as peaceably as possible if I, we, can."

It was at that point that Mondanda began speaking, her language making no mistake about exactly how she felt about the man even for those who had no idea what the little slipped in words meant. But as she called herself on it and apologized I saw no reason to say anything against her behavior. As far as I was concerned Henry had earned it, though not in the way Mondanda might expect.
"You'll have to excuse me my new friends," I said giving a slight bow over my cane, "It seems I have been lax in the introductions. This is Mondanda, and I am called Bode. Henry is . . . Henry is a long story if you have the time to hear it, or the ability to believe it if you do." My smile towards the soldier was kind.

[/bg]

Status
Not open for further replies.