Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
I've noticed pretty often recently that if I click "reply" on someone's post, then I'm brought down to the post editor box... but the quoted text isn't there. And I have to click "reply" again to make the quote show up.

Or if I click "post reply", the button darkens as if it's been clicked... but nothing else happens. And then I have to click "post reply" again to actually make my post go through.

The fact that I get some response from these buttons tells me that this isn't just a hardware issue with my laptop's trackpad or anything like that, and that this isn't a case of me thinking that I clicked something when I actually didn't. But the fact that it ultimately takes two clicks to get the desired result tells me that something else is up.

Just something I've been noticing happening site-wide recently.

Edit: Also, when I see that there are ratings on one of my posts, sometimes the "list" button (that tells me who gave me what ratings) doesn't work at all, no matter how many times I click it, until I refresh the page.

Have you tried clearing your cache // tried on another browser?

Have you tried clearing your cache // tried on another browser?

I hadn't tried that until you suggested it. I've cleared my cache just now, so, we'll see if that fixes it.

I think I forgot to mention that I've only been seeing this issue some of the time when I click things, not all the time, so I can't easily test it and know for sure that the problem is gone. XD But if I see the problem persist, I'll come back to this thread and say so.

• Thank You
Reactions: Pahn
I've had this issue before, but I always just figured it was the internet being a butt given what else was happening at the time. :P

It's still happening. :/

I've been having this problem too, and I feel bad for accidentally spamming someone with the same message/posting in a thread more than once because I thought my reply didn't go through. owo;;

I thought it was my internet as well since I don't have the best speed, but I guess it's not just me dealing with the problem.
I clean out my cache every two weeks or so or else my comp gets really slow, so I don't think that's the problem.

//Hope this helps. c':

Uhm if I'm not mistaken, last time this happened it was a Java script issue? Gonna summon @jared555 just in case

I've been having this problem too, and I feel bad for accidentally spamming someone with the same message/posting in a thread more than once because I thought my reply didn't go through. owo;;

I thought it was my internet as well since I don't have the best speed, but I guess it's not just me dealing with the problem.
I clean out my cache every two weeks or so or else my comp gets really slow, so I don't think that's the problem.

//Hope this helps. c':

I've never had messages go through twice because of this, though.

Weird, maybe that was just my computer, then. owo

I mean, I have experienced double-posting. But the thing that I was talking about in the OP, does not ever lead to double-posting.

Before a double-post, the forum gives me that ellipsis-looking thingy that tells me that my post is trying to go through. And if I see the loading thingy but it doesn't then show me my post, then it's usually an internet connectivity issue (at which point, once my internet returns to normal, I sometimes find that it had indeed created a double post).

But in the OP, I was talking about times where I click the post button, it darkens, and then I do not see any loading thingy or any other signs that the post is going through. And then there never turns out to be a double post or a delayed post or anything like that. The click just doesn't do anything the first time around, except for darken the button.

(Sorry if any of this came across as rude, btw. Not my intention. I was just having a hard time explaining it well enough to be clear about what the difference is between this and laggy/double posts, lol.)

Just wanted to pop in and say this has been happening to me for a while now, particularly when I'm trying to upload a new avatar or hit post reply after I try to edit a post or posting a blog entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.