Cliche or Original Cliche?

Nope, no RP friends yet.

It's fine. Im thinking ill start putting things up this week and we will start next week. We will see how many join and go from there.

Any other thoughts like what you want in the introduction of the rp?

Stuff like world or local history
Racial or ethnic groups
Religions
The main plot etc

Stuff like world or local history
Racial or ethnic groups
Religions
The main plot etc

All those! Except for maybe the main plot!

I would also like to know the technology level. I know you said it was gonna be solar punk with maybe some steampunk elements, but are there airships? Guns? If there are guns, they gonna be steam/solar powered? Are cybernetics a thing, like robotic arms/legs? Radio?

Since I'm wanting to be a treasure hunter, I'm alls abouts dem gadgets. Like a grapple-hook gun for spelunking, explosives and stuff.

Tech will be the age of explorers. So +1600s
Flint lock rifles and pistols. Cannons. Shipps. Plate armor but not full plate. Slender blades more than big ones.

Differences are ships fly using solar power. Some equipment and weapons can be solar powered to produce magic or scifi like effects but all solar is useless in darkness amd weaker on overcast days.

Prosthetics will be more hydrolics and clockwork. Not necessarily steam. Land vehicles also operate on solar so horses are still relevant on cloudy days.

Im debating if we allow batteries to allow more consistent solar use during night.

As for gadets, they will primarily be clockworks and solar where sensible.
Quasi mechanics where x input allows the clockworks to spin and perform various tasks under the powere produced by original input.

Im debating if we allow batteries to allow more consistent solar use during night.

As for gadets, they will primarily be clockworks and solar where sensible.
Quasi mechanics where x input allows the clockworks to spin and perform various tasks under the powere produced by original input.

I like the idea of batteries, but with a high penalty on thermodynamics. Like, it would take three days of charging to equal one night of flying. Something like that.

I like the limitations, where we would have to plan ahead on when to use solar power. And it would make it even more daunting if an enemy ship (be it pirates or a government navy warship) would have better batteries allowing for longer flight time with low-to-no light. That could give us a possible goal in the future, to upgrade the ship.

So that means I can have a grapple-hook gun-thing!!! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ImaginationGoneWild
I'm new on Iwaku so no friends yet, lol.
And I agree with all the above, go go solarpunk!

Working on getting the rp up tonight.

I'm going to have to cancel my participation with the RP. Some stuff happened and I won't have the time or energy to maintain a group rp. Sorry guys, hope you have though :D

main rp is up. come on over to the ooc thread, discord, and/or main thread to rp it up

@Novama

I'll put up my character sheet later today ( Saturday ), been really busy with work this week. Hope I'm not too late!

Never too late. I never close applications.

I just read through all three pages of this and am interested in signing up if they’re open. Looks like a pretty amazing first rp to jump into here.

Reactions: Novama
Always room. The water is nice.

Reactions: Cards