4. Adept
  5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Magical
I'm thinking about running another group rp. The question has become:

1. Do we do something that has been done 1000 times already with a fantasy based city, forest, tavern, etc...

or

2. Do we try to come up with something that hasn't quite been used 1000 times so it feels just a bit fresher even if somewhat familiar?

I'm wanting to run a fantasy rp, but the setting and resulting conflict and opportunities are still up in the air. What things sound interesting at the moment as far as setting or scenarios goes?

1481002985-ea45afe726c353963429442c5105b272.gif

Reactions: ImaginationGoneWild
I'm interested!

Reactions: Novama
Any settings or scenarios you interested in specifically?

Anything Fantasy, I'm a sucker for it. lol.
I don't really have any scenario's in mind so I'm good for anything; old fashioned adventures, solving mysteries, rebuilding a kingdom, etc...
well, for a setting... How about a steampunk fantasy (minus victorian influence) where magic is considered taboo and lurking in the shadows. So it's kind of like technology vs magic setting. It's a theme I don't see very often. magic always seems to be common and accepted, and fused with technology (or replaces technology)

Reactions: Novama
I have an archipelago setting in mind where steam power may be the main tech of the land. Magic is more arcane and mysterious in nature with fewer practicioners. How does that setting sound? Ideally steampower would allow quick movement between the islands in the region and would have a few other industrial uses depending on the island nation currently in focus. Steampowered mining efforts in mountainous islands and steampowered logging/lumberjacking in more heavily forested islands.

Sounds good to me. :)

Cool, I'm checking interest with some other folk. We'll see what rolls in. That may be what we go with though as a setting. From there, the main plot will likely be based on what characters we get for the rp. I would like to have as main storyline in mind first to give to people though. If they know the main plot will be about X, they may have better ideas for useful characters.

I don't have anything in particular in mind. I'll roll with whatever. Any cravings you're having as storyline? Or an old favorite?

I'm interested.

I'm nursing an idea of a treasure-hunter character for this. Maybe back in the day there used to be steam-ship pirates or an old war, or some legend of an awesome thing that combines technology and magic together and my character is searching the area?

@Novama

@ImaginationGoneWild

Ooh, steampunk piracy. That's good too. :)

Monster has a good idea. The characters could be treasure seekers bound together in common cause. Shorthand adventurers looking for loot and lost valuables.

• Thank You
Reactions: Monster
Inhabitants or ruins of former inhabitants may primarily live in stone dwellings such as these aside from caves
beehives-beag_1024x1024.jpg

Reactions: ImaginationGoneWild
I browsed through my character profiles and found a few characters that may fit a magic steampunk pirate story. I can play multiple characters, doesn't matter if they're male or female.

I run my role plays where players only have one character a piece. Well romance is possible oh, it is not a focus, so balancing genders or orientations will not be a big deal. People should be able to just play what they want

Some folks have suggested a Treasure Planet theme. Specifically how they have a solarpunk aesthetic where are there solar power Powers their sail ships and hoverboards and other Tech generally assumed to be steampunk in style

Some folks have suggested a Treasure Planet theme. Specifically how they have a solarpunk aesthetic where are there solar power Powers their sail ships and hoverboards and other Tech generally assumed to be steampunk in style
I've never even heard of solarpunk! I think my brain exploded.

Pretty much steam punk gadgets and advanced tech powered by solar pan3ls and lil wind turbines.

1630884694239.png

Reactions: Monster
Awesome movie, should really watch it. It's steampunk in space.

I think I'll be using my one of my characters I used to play in Guild wars 2. Mai, a lightning wielding thief.

I was going to ask what sort of character options we had in mind.

Im originally leaning toward the idea that magic is scarce despite various character races and abilities.

How would you envision your character weilding lightning?