Cleansing Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.
[OOC: Sorry guys! I've been working 12 hour shifts-- and I move to Orlando next Sunday. I'll try to be on a bit more. ><;]

The blond prince waited for this small 'hunting party' to split up before leaving himself. He already had his supplies ready to go, having never really bothered to unpack from his trip to the Port.

He made his way back to his own quarters, not bothering to speak with anyone else as he went, opting instead to retire early to bed. They would have a long, tedious journey ahead of them. Something told him he would need all the sleep he could get-- as he wasn't expecting much from that point on...

----

The crowned prince was up and dressed for the road before the sun was up. The moon had already made its retreat below the skyline of the city, leaving the area shrouded in the eerie purple glow of day's first light.

He finished setting his tack to his horse, having taken the liberty to prepare his brothers as well. He had selected two more horses for the ladies, when they arrived. A silver mare with black specks-- fleabitten they called the coat-- with black socks. The other a well broken appaloosa, who wouldn't spook easily.

On his hip he had a small leather case, holding a rolled map and compass. On his opposite hip, a sword. He was no good with a bow-- though he was hard pressed to find a worthy dueling partner when it came to blades. The only real issue he had was his blind side.

He had a small yet secured case of crystal vials, filled with various colored elixirs. Some would help keep him awake, others nullify poisons. It was a hobby of his-- and a useful one at that. Odd items aside, his horse bore a standard load-- a knapsack and simple tent, folded into a make shift saddle, a few blankets and cook ware. A couple lengths of rope and a hooded lantern-- complete with a spare bottle or two of oil.

For a 'hunting trip' he had packed heavily-- and for the long haul.

Tabatha lightly grumbled as her father came in to wake her. "Wake up lazy bones. You have a hunting trip to get to. You shouldn't keep the prince waiting." Tabatha rubbed her eyes as she tried to wake herself. She just wasn't a morning person, and it didn't help that she often stayed up late to bask in the moonlight. Tabatha finally woke up enough to responds. "Thanks father. I'll see you when I get back." The burly man pat his daughter on the head. "You better."

Tabatha quickly dressed in her armor and tied her hair up while she walked towards the city. The moon was still peeking out, and Tabatha took in a breath. Her skin was glowing a bit brighter than normal since it had been a full moon that night, and it made her cast an odd shadow on the ground. The satchel on her back bobbed slightly as she walked along the dirt road. A blanket was wrapped inside, along with a tarp should it rain. Of course there was still the food from her shopping trip yesterday. Tabatha's chakrams hung from hooks on each side of the armor protecting her hips. She picked up her pace as she saw the moon fall, worrying that she'd be the last one there.

However, she arrived just as the moon set to find the crowned prince all prepared for the journey. Tabatha gave her usual awkward curtsy as she reach Edmund. Tabatha removed the pack from her back and held it in her hands. "Good morning your majesty. I assume one of these gorgeous horses is for me?" She smiled warmly at the large creatures. She loved animals. She would be a vegetarian, but she loved meat way too much to give it up. Tabatha wanted to pet the horses, but she couldn't decide which one to pet first. She decided to wait to see which one was hers and she'd pet that one. As the other two members of the group joined, Tabatha would greet the woman with a bow of the head, and the other prince with a curtsy. She would wait for the others to mount their horses before mounting her own. And then, their journey would officially begin.

Bevan's night was surprisingly calm. Her run was more than satisfactory, her muscles stretched and worked, it felt good. One of the few things she could probably say that she enjoyed about this whole curse. The running. Her hunger had been satisfied as well. With the running came hunting, small and large prey alike, until she was satisfied and her hunger sated. Her night ended with sleep. Waking the next morning Bevan was back to her human self. She found her belongings nearby and began to dress and prepare her things. Once she was ready she made sure to check that everything was fastened tightly and properly and she started making her way to the stables where she was to meet the rest.

Her skin was streaked with dirt and probably some blood from the remnants of her hunt. She didn't want to waste time so she thought she could wash herself off later. The same thing would be happening for the next four nights. It might not have been very ladylike to allow ones body to be dirty for such an amount of time but convenience was what Bevan looked at.

Arriving at the stables Bevan was already causing the animals unease. She could hear it and she could sense it. Seeing the prince and the other woman, Tabatha, Bevan approached. There were four steeds, all of them prepared. As she got closer the animals grew weary. Watching the horses Bevan stopped some distance from the other two as one of the animals grew even more fearful and prepared to rear. Clenching her jaw Bevan met the Prince's eyes. "Your highness." She called as she bowed from a distance. "Tabatha." She nodded in the lady's direction. Her gaze returned to the prince. "I'm afraid I might have to keep my distance, one of your steeds is very fearful of my presence." She made eye contact with the flecked horse as it neighed and moved back in terror.

Most animals were capable of sensing what Bevan truly was. It wasn't difficult for her to instill fear into animals. They were well aware of the fact that they were faced with a predator that was on top of the food chain. Some stood their ground but ultimately most cowered away and ran. It was rare that another animal would fight her, the ones that did were usually of the larger caliber such as bears, occasionally wolves but they usually came as a pack.

"I have no issues walking." She stated towards the prince.

Status
Not open for further replies.