Cleansing Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, just out of curiosity, what city are they in now and how far is this city from the one that was destroyed?

After answering Huntress' question, I have a question of my own.

I have an idea for Tabatha's weapon, but it kinda breaks the laws of physics. Her fighting style is based on Colette Brunel from Tales of Symphonia

Basically, duel chakrams that can either be thrown mid to short range (and the chakrams magically come back for some reason), or held in hand to be used in melee. If this is too far-fetched (or Overpowered) let me know and I'll think of a different weapon. (this question isn't just for AngelLass either. If you guys in the rp don't like it for whatever reason, please speak your mind)

I've played tales and would be fine with the weapon, just know-- as with any weapon there is a chance to miss or hurt yourself. ^_^ Just don't god-mode and I don't see any real issues with it, personally. You can explain it's return as a Lunarian-- using the pull of the moon.

As for Huntress, they are in the capital-- just known as the Grand City. It's, I would say, maybe 4 or so days travel on horse back from the port.

Name: Nauja Featherfree

Race: Human

TomiteAvatar_zps287b2941.gif

Connection to Prince: Nauja worked as a courier for the nobility and the royalty of the knigdom, and met the Prince there.

Citizen: No

Does he support the burning of the city: Yes

Personality/Flaws: Nauja is a very proud man, and very combative. His view of the world is very harsh. He holds that the ends justify the means, and feels that there is only one absolute law in life, survive. However, he didn't always hold such a worldview. Pride is his biggest flaw, he is weak to flattery, and quick to come to blows if he feels insulted. He is highly possessive and protective of things and people he views as his. Swiftbeak is even more prideful and vain than Nauja is, and becomes incensed at any mention of his life-debt to the human. Swiftbeak refers to Nauja as his "wingless eggchick."

Powers: Wind Manipulation, he can glide short distances, boost his jump height, boost his speed, guide his bow shots, and when flying on his Roc companion, support his feathered friend on long-distance journeys.

Companion, Nauja's companion is the Roc Swiftbeak, a highly intelligent, vain, and proud member of the avian race. It is his personality that Nauja has emulated. And he is also the one who has taught Nauja about being a hunter, and user of wind. He can be called upon to fight with Nauja, but only if he deems it a worthy contest.

History: Nauja was born to a tribe of humans who dwelt in the high mountains of the north. He learned the ways of the bow and arrow, and was a somewhat skilled shot. With his abilities, he once saved the life of a Roc, a large and intelligent bird species that claimed the region as their hunting grounds. Rocs are proud birds that cannot stand gift-giving, so no debt must be left unpaid. And so, bound by a life-debt, the Roc was honor-bound to the young hunter, as long as he lived.

Still, this particular Roc, whose actual name is unpronounceable by other species, but can be roughly translated to Swiftbeak in the human tongue, was a vain bird, and even if he could not be freed from his life-debt to Nauja, would not suffer to be the thrall of any hunter lesser than himself, and so he snatched the young Nauja away, and alone in the mountains trained him how to be a real hunter of prey, Swiftbeak gave Nauja the name Featherfree, as both a way of marking Nauja as his possession, and as an insult to the boy's lack of plumage. When next he was seen in human society, Nauja was a changed man, proud and regal in a wild and ruthless way.

They started working as couriers when Soren overheard talk of the dangerous beasts and natural hazards that plagued the delivery routes of the nation. Soren spoke of this to Swiftbeak, who crowed loudly at the thought of a challenge that would allow his young protege to "stretch his wings" so to speak.

Sorry for the delay with my CS, let me know if anything needs changing. And to clarify, Swiftbeak can speak the human language, but he mainly just flies Nauja around. He can fight but usually avoids fighting unless challenged in order to let Nauja test his skills.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I won't post until you guys leave the building, I don't see a good way for my character to enter just yet. Not to mention about waiting for approval and all that jazz, but I'll keep watching it so I know what's going on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel so dumb, having copy pasted my not completely edited version up. It is fixed now. I will be in the corner of shame for the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
To clarify until he fixes it, Liam's character's name is Nauja, but he forgot to change all of the name references from Soren to Nauja. (Soren? Soarin'? Liam you corny corny person you)

---update---

And now he fixed it. I'm keeping this comment up here though, to publicly shame him! Shame Liam! Shaaaaaaaame!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys. I can get online with my phone but not my computer. I won't be able to post until about 24 hours from this post. I give permission to delay my turn for this round if AngelLass allows it.

Never really got a response to this, which is why I haven't posted...

I will have something up tomorrow at some point. Sorry guys, a bunch of stuff just decided to pop up out of nowhere.

Once again. I apologize for my delay guys.

I'm just gonna go with the assumption that this is dead. :(

Im so sorry i havent been on!!! I'm on my phone at the moment, i just moved. As of tomorrow i will be on more regularly. I will post tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.