3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
just what it says on the tin! Share your favourite tried-and-true hacks for cleaning!

Mine is vinegar. My entire cleaning cupboard literally just has peroxide, baking soda, some liquid plumber, and a giant jug of vinegar.
Plain white vinegar, the 5% concentration that you can get in any grocery aisle. I use it to clean windows, floors, the shower, the toilet and sinks, laundry, dishes... Actually there's only three things I don't clean with vinegar (cause it'll fuck it up):
1- eggs (hot water & salt, or a bit of baking soda & hot water)
2- blood (hydrogen peroxide!)
3- ice cream (same as for eggs)

Beyond that it's dirt cheap, works as a solvent and antibacterial agent, and the smell vanishes after like 30 seconds.

What about you guys?

There's a cleaner I get from the Dollar Tree called Awesome Clean. I absolutely love it for carpet, and getting stains out of clothes. It's also really good for when your pets have accidents, which mine have a habit of doing.

For laundry, I had a half cup of baking soda to every load. It cuts any smells (My hubby's work clothes always smell like sweat and oil, which is a stomach turning combination.) and it enhances the detergent.

I use vinegar to clean my windows, but that's about it.

Magic Erasers are my best friend. I really should invest in stock with that damn company.

Always keep some hairspray around if you're using permanent marker. It gets it out every time.

If you ever get hair dye anywhere, clean it up with some dawn and baking soda. Make a paste out of it and scrub it away.

Dawn works on any type of oil stains to clothes. Rub it in gently for a few minutes, let it sit for a half hour, then wash.

Use ice on gum stuck in carpets. It'll freeze it up and you can pull it right out.

First of all: Fuck the words "life hacks." Just call them tips. Now, for some poor people "life hacks."

Second of all: Let me introduce to you the greatest weapon ever devised for cleaning rust off of your car or other metallic objects.

chronology10-1280-900-bfb7f27c.jpg

No, really. Don't buy rust cleaners, save like, 90% of your money, and just buy a 2 litre bottle of coke, and pour the fucker all over whatever rusted objects you have. Leave it on there for a few minutes and then spray it down with a hose. The rust will be totally gone. The reason is because coke has a metric fuckton of Phosphoric Acid. It will eat its way through the rust without eating its way through whatever's underneath the rust. (By the way, if you drink coke, realize that shit is coming into contact with your teeth, so try not to drink it regularly.)

Third of all: Got some fuckin' crusty ass dishes you accidentally left out? Or maybe your pot is fighting with getting all that grimy crap off the bottom? Soak it in soapy water as hot as you can get it, leave it for about 15-20 minutes, and then come back and clean it. Works like a charm.

Fourth of all: Speaking of soap, you can save a fuckton of it by simply squirting a little soap onto your sponge when cleaning your dishes, instead of drowning your sink in it. Seriously you can make a single thing of soap last like, 2-3 times longer.

Fifth of all: If you can buy whatever cleaner store brand, in general, do it. It's usually the exact same product, but cheaper. The only time I don't recommend doing this is if you're trying to clean out a clogged sink or toilet, instead you probably want to either call a plumber and eat the cost of it... Orrrr invest in one of these, put a little muscle into it, and never pay another fucking dollar again. The choice is yours.

We are advocates of the liberal use of white vinegar.

Not a life hack just a reminder to use an air can on the vents of your computer regularly. :D

Reactions: Minibit and Brovo
Clean everyday to prevent living in a trash heap like the trash heap that you are.

I agree with the "vinegar cleans basically everything" camp. It's amazing all the things it can do.

Should one unfortunately need to clean up vomit, putting coffee grounds on it helps absorb the liquid for ease of cleaning and eases the smell somewhat.

• Love
Reactions: Minibit
I agree with the "vinegar cleans basically everything" camp. It's amazing all the things it can do.

Should one unfortunately need to clean up vomit, putting coffee grounds on it helps absorb the liquid for ease of cleaning and eases the smell somewhat.
Or just use cat litter instead of incredibly expensive coffee. Seems a waste.

Also never vacuum up used litter. Never get the smell out.

STAND ASIDE PLEBEIANS. CERTIFIED, TRAINED, EXPERIENCED CLEANER COMIN' THROUGH.

• Peroxide based cleaners are god-tier for general purpose cleaning. They do it all. Toilets. Sinks. Floors. Carpets. Walls. Anything basically.

That's all I got so far. I'm not at work so the cleaning kick isn't on yet.

• Love
Reactions: Minibit
Status
Not open for further replies.