Status
Not open for further replies.
It took him a while to process the thing about fairy tales. It was kind of crazy to be surprised by something like that while he was a vampire talking to a werewolf, but for some reason he did. Anyway, he stopped thinking about that when she asked him more personal questions.

"Well, I was born in a small town, that's about 80 miles from here. I moved here when I was 18, looking for a decent place to work. That's how I met my wife, and it took us only 6 months to get married. Anyway, I died to everyone that knew me and I stayed here, kind of watching for them. I did travel around the world after my death, because I didn't exactly have much to do, but I've always come back here." told her, believing that only telling where he came from would sound a little rude. He listened to her question about his nickname and took a second to think about it. The only one that ever called him Tommy used to be his wife... and maybe it would be the best to keep it that way. "Tom or just Thomas would be fine." answered her with a smile.

"I believe you told me to call you Ruby or... Red, right?" asked. Anyway, when he mentioned the word "Red", something kind of clicked inside him. He thought for a second about many things about Ruby. Her costume at the Halloween party, her grandmother, the thing about her red cloak, living in the Enchanted Forest. It all made sense. "Wait. Your... your costume, it wasn't just a costume. You are... red riding hood, the real one. Right?"

Last edited:
"Oh, I know how you feel," Ruby replied when Thomas stated his attachment toward the town he spent most of his life in. "Even though StoryBrooke isn't the place I was born, I'm pretty attached to that place. And to be honest, though I do miss my home at times, I like this world better. It has running water, electricity, medicine, and is a lot safer. Plus, it was nice to get away from the place where... I have a lot of bad memories," she said glancing down at the table for a moment.

"I'll probably call you Thomas then. I'm fine with either name, but Thomas sounds more old-fashioned to me. And I'm fond of old-fashioned things. They remind me of where I come from," she said glancing back up.

She nodded when Thomas asked about her name. "Yes, Ruby or Red are both fine with me. And you're right about that too. I really am the real Red Riding Hood. But this world is wrong when they tell their stories about me. I'm not little and I'm not afraid of the big bad wolf." Her eyes momentarily flickered a light gold color when she thought about her wolf side. "I am the big bad wolf." Her eyes quickly faded back to their original color. "And it's not the wolf who says he will huff and puff, and blow your house down... it was just my old boyfriend. It was a joke he used to tease me with, saying he would find a way to break through the walls my grandmother was hiding me behind so he could come find me. It had nothing to do with three little pigs," she said, slightly amused. How this world could have even known about the story, but messed it up so badly was beyond her.

He listened about her home place. It was really interesting hearing about that new world. Actually, everything about her seemed to be interesting. "So, now that the curse is gone, you choose to stay here using internet or you still can't go back?" asked her, curious about how travelling through these two realities would be like.

Thomas smiled amused hearing her real story, and not the one his parents used to tell him when he was little. It was amazing. Seeing the same golden eyes he remembered from the time Ruby changed in the Halloween party, made him change his expression into a smirk. If he wasn't completely into her, he was now. "I know why they had to change your story so much. You are too cute to be a big bad wolf, so they were only trying to make it believable." Thomas teased her, keeping his expression. The vampire slightly chuckled at the real story about the whole huff and puff. It sounded as his old boyfriend was a great guy, and it made him feel sorry for her losing him. Somehow, they were on a similar situation. He wanted to say something about it, but he thought it would only make them feel bad about their past. Instead, he decided to change the subject.

"You know, being the big bad wolf doesn't mean you shouldn't be afraid of other monsters." said, raising his eyebrows. "I wonder who would win between a vampire and a werewolf." added, amused.

The waitress interrupted them at that moment, pouring the red wine into their glasses and leaving the bottle in the table. Thomas thanked her and she quickly left.

Ruby smiled sadly at his question. "I actually have no choice. I'm stuck here. For some reason, when the curse broke we didn't get sent back, and we really have no way back. Okay, well, that's not entirely true. We actually went back for a short time, but we ended up back here again. It's a really long story," she said with a sigh. "Maybe I'll tell you about all of it sometime, but for now--during a first date--I'm sure we can find other things to talk about."

When Thomas complimented her on being cute and questioned whether a vampire of wolf would win in a fight, the smile returned to Ruby's face. She leaned forward, slightly toward Thomas, and put her elbows on the table as she said, "I really wouldn't know. Should we try and find out?" she teased, only quieting down when the waitress returned to give them their red wine. After the waitress left, she spoke again. "How about a we try and find out with a game? You probably thought I was going to suggest some kind of battle, huh? Well, not everything needs to be settled in combat," she said with a wink.

@Zaira

Thomas felt bad for her when she said she was stuck there. Of course, he was glad at some level because he wouldn't be with her otherwise, but he still felt bad. Hearing her explanation, he realized it was definitely a complicate and long story that could be told some other day, so he decided to listen to her and stop asking about it.

Thomas smirked at her answer. That would definitely be fun. "That sounds as a good idea." told her and took a second to think about it, trying to figure out which kind of game could it be. "So, do you have anything in mind?"

Ruby tried to think of what games they could play. To be honest, playing a game was something she came up with off the top of her head and hadn't planned for any type of game they could play in particular. Plus, since they were in a restaurant, there weren't many options for games available for them right now. Ruby would have to think carefully.

After a moment of thinking, Ruby began to say a few games that came to mind. "Tic-tac-toe, we could play that on a napkin with a pen, or maybe something like Hangman. Do you have any ideas?" she asked, figuring she should give him the option of throwing out a few ideas. At least it would help keep them busy while they waited for their food.

"Oh, definitely not. I am terrible at those kind of things, and I'd have to admit werewolves are better after it." teased her, with a smile. It was true he never won in tic-tac-toe, but he didn't actually care for winning that much. "Maybe we could race or something after dinner." told her with a half smile. That would definitely be a weird date... but they were two supernatural beings having dinner, so it would be normal to expect it to be weird. "Or, I don't know, video games? That would definitely measure our skills in a righteous way." offered amused, and then thought about it. He had no idea if Ruby would actually like to do something else after eating, so he felt a little silly. "But, well, if you prefer something quicker, I'd choose hangman." added, trying to make it right.

Ruby listened to all of Thomas' suggestions, chuckling afterwards. "I'm afraid video games wouldn't work out too well for me. My real self was from a land that didn't have video games or any kind of technology, and my cursed self was kind of a girly girl who spent most of her time either working for granny, shopping, or hanging out with other girls. So based on those two sets of information I have in my head, I know little about video games. You would easily win." She was actually surprised an old vampire might know something about video games himself. She figured he was more into old fashioned things, but maybe she was wrong.

"As for a race, that would be unfair," Ruby began to say, "because werewolves are the fastest creatures out there. Unless you have super speed like the Twilight vampires. Then I could be in trouble." She shrugged. "But anyhow, how about a best two out of three? If we're both bad at certain games but good at others." She paused before adding, "Or we could always do Rock-Paper-Scissors? That game is practically a no brainer."

//ooc: If we do Rock-Paper-Scissors with them we should so use the dice roll thing that the forums have. We can just each roll it and the higher number can be the winner. XD

He chuckled with her answers. "Oh, well, I'll have to teach you how to play some. You shouldn't live in this land without trying the only thing we have better that the Enchanted Forest." told her amused. "And you shouldn't either be so sure about winning. The turtle defeated the hare, remember?" teased her with a smirk.

"Rock-Paper-Scissors sound just perfect." answered her, and put his both hands as if he was ready to start. "Ready to honor the strengths of your specie?" teased her.

OCC: Sounds great! Anyway, I have no idea how to do it hahaha.

@Zaira

"Really? You'd say video games are the only thing we have better here than in my Enchanted Forest? I thought running water was pretty nice, myself," Ruby replied with a chuckle. "And I wouldn't be so sure if the tortoise and the hare pertain to us that much. I doubt either one of us will become so confident during the race that we'll take a nap," she said with a grin.

"Considering the honor of my species is riding on a game of chance, I'm a little nervous, but I'm ready," she said with a chuckle. "Ready?" She curled up her fingers and made a fist so she could play the game. She was so going to win.

//ooc: Oh! Okay, I'll PM you with how to do it. It's pretty easy. :)

He laughed with her answers. "Ok, I admit that running water is also nice. But I never lived without it, actually, so I probably don't appreciate it enough." he told her and smirked when he was about to play. "Yeah, you should be nervous playing against me" teased her. "I'm ready" said, before starting moving his fist against his other hand, at the same time she did. He threw a rock and she threw a paper. As he saw he lost, he made a teasingly frown.

"You did well honoring your specie, Ruby. Werewolves are better after all. Congratulations!" he admitted and chuckled slightly afterwards.

Ruby smiled at Thomas' words. "Really? Even as old as you are you've never lived without running water? Let me guess, you poured buckets of water on top of your head during the cave man days and that's what you count as running water?" Ruby teased. She found it funny that though he was older than her, he was used to more technology than she was.

When Thomas declared he was ready to play the game, Ruby nodded. "All right, let's see what you got, hot shot," she said. Ruby decided to go with paper, chuckling when she saw him pull out rock. "My species is victorious! I'm sure my granny wouldn't have agreed otherwise, but now I know for sure that it is." She smirked. "Imagine if the strengths of our species against each other really did ride on a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors?" she questioned with a smile. "There would have been a lot less bickering, that's for sure."

After a moment, Ruby went quiet as she realized the waiter was coming back with their dinner. Well that was nice. It didn't take as long as she thought it would. "We're lucky we came here at the time of day we did. Otherwise it probably would have taken a lot longer for our food to get here," she said to Thomas.

He chuckled at her tease of him being that old. "Of course. It was a great system, and really useful. We even had hot water. But, hey, you are almost as old as I am, so you should remember it." teased her back. Now that he found out that she was a lot older than he thought, he would take advantage of it.

Thinking about what she said about their species measuring their strengths with a game of chance, he smiled amused. "It would definitely be a better world. And, you know what would be even better? If werewolves and vampires start dating." After it, he watched as the dinner was being served at the table. She glanced at her with her comment. At that moment, he realized he was completely lost in time and had no idea which day it was. Anyway, he wouldn't ask her either, so he just smiled. "I guess we are lucky."

After the waiter served them their food, he thanked her. "Bon appetit, gorgeous." told her with a smirk, right before starting eating his meal.

"Oh, I may be that old, but I was frozen in time for most of it. So I don't really remember it. Tell me, how was the hot water system? Did you boil the water over a fire? Or was fire even invented yet?" Ruby said with a smile. She was so going to use being frozen in time as her excuse for getting out of being teased. Unless he thought of a way around it, that is.

Ruby took a napkin and began to unroll it so she could use it while eating when she heard Thomas' comment about vampires and wolves dating. She smiled. "Aren't they already dating? Unless we don't count..." She folded her napkin and grinned replying to him by saying, "Thanks, enjoy yours too. Although, you probably won't enjoy it too much. But maybe later you can have a snack to make up for that." Ruby was about to eat when she actually decided she wanted to use the restroom first. "Actually, I'll be right back. Don't go anywhere," she said, standing up to brush herself off and walk to the restroom.

After finishing up in the restroom, Ruby made her way out only to stop in the doorway, stunned by a voice she heard coming back from inside the restaurant.

"Sure, we just need two seats. That table will work just fine," said a gruff, elderly female voice.

Ruby hid behind a plant, her jaw dropping when she was assured of who it was. "Shoot! Granny! She's here? Now? Why!?" Ruby thumped her head against the plant, sighing heavily. Now what? If she went back over to Thomas she would spot the two of them together. And even if she didn't realize Thomas was a vampire, she was still likely to give Ruby a hard time for being on a date. Ruby bit her lower lip. She wasn't sure what to do, but maybe she could at least ask Thomas' advice if she could get his attention somehow...

Without thinking much, Ruby looked at a table that was close to the plant she was hiding behind and snatched a peanut off someone's plate. She then tossed it from where she was hiding, trying to hit Thomas with it to get his attention.

@Zaira

"I'm not that old. Of course it was invented. Actually, I did it." teased her back. "Yes, of course, but I hope we can inspire others. And I think I already told you, but you shouldn't go around offering snacks to vampires." answered with a smirk. He nodded as she said she would be right back, and couldn't avoid to follow her with his sight as she left.

He wouldn't start eating before she came back, so he just sighed and laid back on the chair. It was the first time in those days he didn't feel miserable. Actually, he was feeling great. Everything was a going a lot better than what he thought when they arranged that meeting. Of course, he was still feeling horrible about losing the woman he used to love, but it seemed that the feelings he was starting to have for Ruby were somehow making them better. His slight reflexion was interrupted a few minutes after, as he felt something hitting him. He grabbed to see it and noticed it was a peanut. Now someone was playing a joke on him?

Turning around to see where the flying peanut came from he spotted some movement behind a plant. And, in between the leaves, there was a red headed girl. He frowned and approached to her. "If you wanted to bring me somewhere more private to make out, you could have chosen a better place, sweetheart." teased her with a smile. "What's wrong?" asked turning more serious.

@Zaira

Ruby wasn't sure if she missed when she threw her first few peanuts or not, so she threw a few more just to be sure. Eventually, when she threw enough peanuts, she seemed to catch Thomas' attention and he made his way over to her. When he spoke, she almost wanted to roll her eyes at his joke. This was serious! At least, to Ruby it was serious.

"I have a small problem," Ruby whispered, putting a finger to her lips to discreetly tell Thomas to keep quiet also. "Remember the boyfriend hating, possibly vampire hating grandmother I have that I told you about?" River pointed over Thomas' shoulder at the elderly woman standing in the doorway of the restaurant. "Guess who just walked in," she added with a frown. "Wh-What should we do?" Ruby was embarassed to be hiding like this, but she really didn't want the woman to ruin their first date. That is, if it wasn't ruined already by Ruby pointing this out.

"Oh... That's... not good." muttered, hearing her. He turned around to see her, and she actually looked somehow scary. "Do you think she'll find out I'm a vampire if I approach to her? I mean, I could pay our food and distract her as you leave, just to join you later. I bet there would be many other restaurants we can move to without anyone who would possibly kill me or worst." told her in a low voice, raising an eyebrow. Even if he seriously didn't want to face that woman after what Ruby had told him, he couldn't avoid to find the situation quite amusing. They were hiding behind a plant, after all.

@Zaira

Ruby bit her lip, unsure what to think. "I don't know if my granny can tell the difference between vampires or not." She shrugged. "And on the off chance she can sense vampires, maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea that you approached her." Ruby swallowed before adding, "I think I'll pay for the food and distract her while you slip out. I have a feeling she'll still think I was on a date, but I can try to convince her otherwise. It's better for me to distract her because at least we know for sure she won't try and kill me."

"Sounds nice to me. And I may even be a little released that I'm not the one facing her." admitted. He actually built some kind of fear for her grandmother inside him. It wasn't something rationale, because he didn't actually feared for his life, but it was still fear. "There is one big flaw in your plan, anyway. Do you really think that an old-fashioned vampire with good manners would ever let you pay for the food on a date?" asked her with a grin. He took his wallet out and handed her enough money to pay for the food and leave a good tip. "But I'm still scared enough to leave this plant and do it myself." admitted, somehow amused.

@Zaira

Ruby nodded in agreement. "I'm relieved too. Not that I have to face her instead, but that at least one of us doesn't have to deal with her." Ruby then tilted her head when Thomas suggested a flaw in her plan, smiling when he insisted on paying for their food. "How sweet. Thank you," she replied, taking the money. "Don't worry about a thing. I'll leave the plant first and distract her. Once you see me talking to her, go ahead and slowly make your way out. There shouldn't be any problems." At least, Ruby hoped they wouldn't have any problems. She gave Thomas a quick kiss on the cheek before saying, "I'll see you in a little bit." She then walked out from the shelter of the plant.

Ruby walked over to track down a waiter and ask for the check, along with some boxes for their food. She then returned to the table and waited, watching her grandmother go to sit at a table with her friend. She then waved to the woman to catch her attention. Looking surprised to see Ruby, she stood up and walked over to the girl.

"Ruby? What are you doing here?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, I just thought I'd stop in here for a bite to eat," Ruby replied, twirling a lock of hair around her finger.

The granny folded her arms. "Yeah? You and who else? You ordered two meals. Are you on a date?" she questioned.

Ruby shook her head. "No, I was actually meeting a friend here to have lunch with, but she never showed up. I ordered for her and everything. I guess she had some kind of emergency," she replied with a shrug. Ruby really hoped her grandmother would believe her. Or if she didn't, she at least hoped Thomas could get out before he was discovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.