Claws Meet Fangs {Zaira & Kitty}

Status
Not open for further replies.
OCC: Haha great, thanks! I just wanted to know more or less what time of the day was it.

He saw Ruby approaching and smiled at her. Apparently, he didn't make her wait for long. "Well, I am super fast, but I try to hide my amazing abilities from humans. So I have chosen my fast ride instead." teased her. He was, indeed, faster and stronger than the average human, but that Twilight thing was a great exaggeration. Afterwards, he looked up in the sky, watching the sun for a moment. He extended his arm towards her. "And as I told you, I don't shine. Oh, and I don't burn to death either. That's really a good thing."

Putting his arm back down, he took a step closer to her. She looked beautiful. Should he tell her? Or was it too soon? Or... "You look beautiful." finally said, trying to defeat the nerves he was hiding deep down. Still, he didn't want to put her into an awkward moment so, before giving her a chance to say anything, he added: "Maybe we should go inside."

Thomas took a few steps towards the restaurant she just came out from and held the door for her.

"I see. It's a shame you have to hide your gift from the humans, but I can understand why," Ruby replied with a nod. She had to keep a couple of her own gifts hidden, like an extremely keen sense of smell, but gifts like those weren't hard to keep secret. "So what is this ride of yours then?" she asked, curious. "A horse and buggy?" she added, joking about his age a little. After the teasing comment about his age, she was worried for a moment, hoping that kind of teasing didn't offend him.

When he told her she looked beautiful, she smiled and even blushed a little too. When Thomas said things like that, Ruby could feel her heart flutter. But it was definitely too soon. She needed to keep her emotions under control. "That's out of line, we haven't known each other for you to say things like that to me yet," Ruby said with a serious voice, cracking a smile shortly after to show she was joking. "I'm just teasing. Thank you, Thomas. You look nice yourself."

She smiled when he held the door open for her and began to walk inside. "And you're a gentleman too. I feel spoiled already."

Thomas chuckled about her joke. She was definitely making fun of his age. "I'll show you my ride later. It isn't as antique as a horse, but It will probably make you laugh anyway." Afterwards, when she reacted so serious at his compliment, he felt like crawling into a hole and dying for a second. Of course, he chuckled later, when he realized she was only teasing him. He thanked her at her compliment.

"Well, you should get used to it. Old-fashioned vampires are the best spoiling women." told her as she walked in, with a smirk in his face. She followed her a second later and asked for a table for two inside. They didn't take long to locate them. When they did, Thomas went ahead and pulled out her chair, so that she could sit down. On the contrary of holding doors, that wasn't something he used to do for women, because he believed it was kind of annoying for both the girl and him, but he was trying to prove his point that time. He looked at her, with a half smile.

Last edited:
Ruby was a little relieved that her joke about his age hadn't bothered him. He seemed to be as easy-going with jokes as she remembered him to be at the party. This caused her to relax a bit more. It didn't seem like there was too much that offended him. "I look forward to seeing it then," Ruby stated when he mentioned his ride. He seemed to hint at having an old car, so she was curious what it may have been.

After the two of them walked in, spoke with a waitress, and found their table, Ruby smiled when Thomas pulled the chair out for her. She took a seat and replied: "I believe you. It seems you really are quite the gentleman." He seemed to be even more gentlemanly than Peter had been. And honestly, it made him all the more attractive to her.

"So, have a seat, gentleman, and tell me what you've been up to since last we met," Ruby said, resting one hand on the table and using the other hand to pick at a napkin with silverware wrapped in it.

He smiled at her compliment and sat in the other chair. Anyway, his smile didn't take long to fade away. As long as he was in Ruby's company, he could completely distract himself, but the simplest mention of something that reminded him to the accident brought his pain back. Still, he did his best to keep a poker face. Thomas remained in silence for a moment, not sure how to tell her about what happened. Until that moment, he hadn't speak about it with anybody, and he didn't want to either. On the other hand, he didn't want to sound all mysterious every time they talked about it, so it would be easier to just tell her.

Finally, he slightly sighed and rubbed his neck, trying to find a way to explain her. "Emm... well, it have been some tough couple of days." started, and considered once again to just deviate the conversation. But he should do tell her eventually. "Remember I told something about my wife from when I was human, the one who thought I was death? Well, she had an accident the night of the party, and that was why I left in such a hurry. The text I received was from an old friend, telling me about it. And she passed away a few days ago. So I've been just... mourning her." explained, deviating her gaze from Ruby towards the end of the sentence. He took a few seconds to look back at her and continue. "But it's ok. I mean... I'm ok. I knew it would eventually happen, so I just need some time. Meanwhile, I'd appreciate if we don't... talk about it." said. At that moment, a waitress came to bring them the menu. Thomas took them and thanked her, handing one of the menus to Ruby. He looked for something to say to change the subject of conversation, but couldn't actually find anything.

When the both of them had seated themselves, Ruby could immediately tell Thomas was hesitating to answer her question. That must of meant he really hadn't had a good week. She immediately regretted asking him the question--not wanting to make him feel bad--but listened to what he had to say anyhow. Ruby felt bad for him and also a little awkward to learn the reason he was so upset had to do with his wife. It must have been a horrible thing for him to deal with.

Waiting until after the waitress came and left to speak, Ruby glanced at Thomas. "I'm so sorry to hear that. I understand how you feel. We don't have to talk about it, but," Ruby paused. "Are you sure you're okay to be here hanging out with me? I'm glad we're both here, don't get me wrong, but we don't have to do this right now if it's too soon. Some guys just have a hard time being out with another woman after they've lost another... I don't want to make things hard for you."

"I've lost her 44 years ago."simply answered her, glancing at the menu. "So, seriously, I'm ok." coldly added. Of course, he wasn't ok. Even if it was true he hadn't been with her for the last 44 years, the idea of a world without her destroyed him. Still, he was better with Ruby, trying to finally move on, than grieving Mary Anne in his apartment. He may had sound a little rude with Ruby with his answer, but he really didn't want to talk about it.

Thomas continued reading the menu. He had no idea what to choose, because it would probably all taste the same for him. He put it down and glanced at her. "Are you? I just realized it may be a little weird to hang out with me after what I just told you. Anyway, I won't be all depressed, I swear." said, and he managed to smile slightly towards the end of the sentence.

Ruby picked up her own menu, hiding a frown behind it as she looked at the meal choices. Thomas sure didn't sound fine to her. His cold, short tone made it sound like he was being defensive to her. She didn't take offense to his way of speaking though. Thomas was grieving so his reaction was normal. To her, he sounded like he was feeling upset about it but wanted to keep his feelings hidden.

"Yeah, I'm okay to be hanging out with you, but I will admit it is a little awkward to hang out with you after what you told me. Your wife passed away and some could worry it might be soon for you to be hanging around another woman. Still, I shouldn't judge you based on anyone in a normal situation similar to yours. So I'm going to overlook that. I am a little worried about you though."

Ruby paused, setting her menu down. "You don't have to promise me you won't be depressed. You're grieving so it's only natural that you would be. Don't hold back the way you feel for my sake. I promise I won't bite you or scratch you... not in this form, at least," she said with a smirk. "But anyhow, if you feel sad or even feel like crying, go ahead. I won't be offended. I cried a lot when... Peter died..."

Thomas took a second to think about what she had said. When he thought about it, being on a date with another woman while her wife was rotten underground seemed horrible. As horrible that he felt an urge to stand up and leave. But what would he do about that? Keep crying in his apartment?

"Yes, of course, I didn't mean it that way. It's not about suppressing my feelings. I may look like a tough and badass vampire, but of course I cried for her too. The day I lost her and the day she died, together with many, many days in between. I've spent more time suffering for being away from her and... blaming myself for what I've done to her than the days I've actually been with her. I mean, we've been married for one year and a half and here I am, 44 years later, still crying for her. So, Ruby, I don't know how this may sound but I'm tired. I'm tired of feeling that way for her, and even if she just died a few days ago, I'm not going to keep crying for her when I've finally found a woman I can be happy about. I can still grieve tomorrow, but today I had promised I won't be depressed because you deserve a normal date." told her, and smiled to her at the end of it. This time, his smile looked better, a lot better. It was definitely strange to be that open to someone, but he felt good about it. Until that moment he tried his best to not talk about that subject, so that he could just forget about it, but maybe sharing it with her was even a little better. "Well, as normal as it can be one between a vampire and a werewolf." added with a smirk.

The awkward feeling Ruby held onto slowly went away the more Thomas spoke. If this date would be some kind of comfort for him, even if he was still grieving over his wife, it made Ruby much more comfortable with it. It didn't stop her from being secretly nervous about dating in general because of all she had been through with Peter, but at least now she didn't have to feel so awkward about the whole situation with Thomas and his wife. She decided to finally change the subject like he seemed to wish for.

"All right, if you insist on giving me a normal date, I hope you bought me flowers," Ruby said with a teasing smile to show she was joking. "But speaking of the vampire and werewolf issue. Since we are so different in that aspect, maybe you could tell me a little about what vampires are like? As you've said before, I'm sure your kind is a lot different than in movies like Twilight and such. For example, how are humans turned into vampires? It sounded like you said before that it takes more than just a little bite. Do they have to practically such someone dry? Or do some vampires have kids and that's how more are made?" Ruby remembered on some vampire movies they could have children, but in others they couldn't, or in twilights case: they could have a child with only a human and not another vampire. She was curious on the subject.

OOC: I'm taking the characteristics of vampires mainly from The vampire diaries and making some stuff up. So, if they sound weird, that's why lol.

Thomas smiled hearing her, she looked ok with his current situation. Hearing her words, teasing and talking about something else, made him feel better. A lot better actually.

"Wow, you are going too fast. You have to wait at least to the third date to ask me for flowers and confidential secrets about my kind." teased her. "Luckily, it does take more than a simple bite. There would be too many vampires if it was that simple, and that wouldn't be a good thing. You need to die with vampire blood in your system in order to turn. I know it sounds weird, you are probably thinking "Why the hell would someone drink vampire blood?", but it has some logic. Our blood... has strange effects on humans. It cures them, not from something as complex as a cancer or... a coma, but it helps with physical damage and some minor diseases. Besides, it's also as some kind of drug, that makes them relax and almost don't feel pain. All in all, it's the best way to feed if you don't want to hurt humans or be detected, because they wouldn't suffer or even understand they are being attacked by a vampire. But, you have to be careful that they don't die if you don't want to create another vampire." explained her the best he could. "You should watch The vampire diaries instead of Twilight, it is a little more accurate." said with a half smile. "Oh, and no, we can't procreate. We enjoy trying anyway." joked. "And there are many beliefs about vampires that aren't true. I love garlic, for example. So is there any other thing you always wanted to know about vampires?"

The waitress approached once again and asked if they were ready to order. Thomas hadn't paid attention to the menu yet, but it wouldn't matter. He just picked something randomly. "I'm having spaghetti, with... tomato sauce. And a bottle of wine. She will choose it" told the waitress with a cordial smile. She wrote it down and looked at Ruby. Thomas knew Ruby liked wine because that was how they met, but he didn't know which one would she prefer.

Ruby chuckled at Thomas' reply to her joke. "My apologies, I've clearly crossed a line. I promise I'll wait at least three, maybe even four dates until I ask for any gifts, favors, or personal information. I didn't know vampires had such a strict dating code. I'll be more careful in the future. At this rate, we'll have to wait before we start hugging or holding hands at least for a few months, huh?" Ruby knew for sure Thomas was joking. If he really was the type of person to take a relationship that slow, then he wouldn't have kissed her back at the halloween party.

She was a little surprised, however, to hear how vampires really changed. "That seems really weird. I've actually never heard of that before. But it is fascinating. Especially the fact you actually like garlic. So there are some foods that vampires actually like then?" She paused to look at her menu again for a moment, not entirely sure what she would be ordering. "I've never seen Vampire Diaries because I actually don't have a TV at home. Just another one of those things my Grandmother is strict about. She thinks those things can suck out your soul if you watch them too much," she said with a laugh. "I might have a couple more questions though. If someone drinks vampire blood, how long do you think it stays in their system? Also..." She paused before jokingly adding, "Do you have any weaknesses? That might be helpful for me to know just in case, you know, you break my heart and I need revenge."

When the waitress arrived to take their orders, she said, "I'll have the 4 oz sirloin steak with mashed potatoes on the side." She then considered her drink options, until Thomas ordered them a bottle of wine. He even gave her the option to choose it. Ruby named off a brand that was cheaper than the kind she had liked at the halloween ball, not wanting her choice to break the bank. When the waitress left, Ruby shot Thomas a grin. "Spaghetti is an interesting choice. Trying to have something that reminds you of the color of blood, are we?" she joked.

//ooc: @Zaira I actually have question out of character that Ruby wouldn't ask, because I'm sure she already knows this considering she's gotten close enough to Thomas to actually touch him. But does Thomas' type of vampire have cold skin? There is so much vampire lore out there it's hard to sort it all out. haha. XD

Thomas laughed with her reply. She seriously had the ability of making him forget about any other of his problems.

"Really? If your grandmother is strict about TVs, I wonder how she will react with her granddaughter dating a vampire." wondered with an amused smile. "I'm not sure how long it stays. I guess it depends on the person and how much they drank. But, let's say, around one day. And, I'll tell you about my weaknesses, but you need to promise you won't tell your granny." teased her. "If you ever need revenge, you could take this away from me." started, and took from below his shirt a necklace. Actually, it was a ring, his wedding ring, in a black cord. "This is enchanted, something similar to those pendants you and the blonde girl exchanged in the Halloween party. Without it, I would burn to death under the sun. The worst thing is that it doesn't happen immediately, so I would suffer a lot before dying. Perfect for a heart breaker." explained, teasing her at the end of it. "Umm, besides that, you can kill me simply ripping my head off or sticking a wooden stake into my heart. And I guess that's it. We do suffer from physical damage but we heal pretty fast, so we don't have any other weaknesses. Oh, we can't enter into a place where we haven't been invited by someone that lives there. There is no problem with public places like a restaurant, but I can't watch you sleep like the vampire from Twilight if you never invited me to your place. That's really weird, I know." told her, without any problem with rebelling every one of his weaknesses. He didn't plan to break her heart, so he should be just fine.

Thomas smiled with her comment about the spaghetti. He hadn't think about it, but maybe that was the reason he chose it. "There are a few things I like more than others, like garlic. Even if every human food tastes pretty much the same for me, there are other factors to take into account. Smell, texture, how it looks and how I remember it tasted when I was human, for example. So, yeah, if it looks like blood, it's better. Oh, and there is something curious about me: I'm a vegetarian. With human food, I mean. I like animals, and if I won't enjoy eating them and it won't be beneficial to my body, why would I eat them?" told her with an amused smile.

"Anyway, I'm in disadvantage right now. What if you break my heart instead? How do I get revenge?" added, going back to the previous topic. He was as much curious about werewolves as she was with vampires.

OOC: Haha yeah, there are many. He is colder than a human, but not as cold as the ones in Twilight, because he actually has blood in his body.

Ruby ran a hand through her hair and leaned back in her chair, making a slashing motion across her neck before chuckling. "She'd probably kill me just for dating in general. My grandmother is a very tough woman. And it is natural that werewolves don't like vampires, but then again, they don't like humans either. But my grandmother is fine with them. So I can't say for sure if she likes or dislikes vampires. I promise I won't tell her about your weaknesses though."

Nodding, Ruby listened to his weaknesses. "Those are some interesting weaknesses, a couple of those I've heard of before. The ring is interesting though. I think I'll keep that in mind if you ever break my heart," she said with a wink. "I've never heard that about a vampire being unable to enter a place they've not been invited to though. Interesting. It might make it a little difficult though if we wanted to hang out at my house if my granny tells me you're unwelcome." With any luck, Ruby's granny wouldn't find out about Thomas for a long time though.

"I can't say the same thing," Ruby said, twirling a lock of her brown hair around one of her fingers. "I absolutely love meat and dislike pretty much all vegetables. I guess it's part of being a wolf. In my wolf form, I'd even eat meat raw," she said with a frown. Sometimes it disgusted her how she could do things like that. But she couldn't help it. It was a part of who she was.

Lastly, when he asked his question about her own weaknesses, Ruby paused thoughtfully. "Oh sure, I guess it's only fair I tell you my weaknesses since you told me yours. I don't really have any special weaknesses that would instantly kill me like you have though. I guess a wooden stake through the heart and ripping my head off would kill me too, but that would probably kill anyone, huh?" she asked with a smile. "I can die in any way a human can the way I am right now. But I do have a couple weak points that could help take me down in a fight. If you take away the pendant that I'm wearing--the one I got from the blonde girl at that party--I wouldn't be able to transform at will to fight in my wolf form. If I'm not wearing it, I can only transform under the light of the full moon. And whether I'm in my wolf form or human form, I have a pretty sensitive nose. So if anyone punched me in the nose I'd probably drop on the floor with my eyes watering. Ears and tail are a weak spot too if they're pulled. But I only have those in my wolf form. I don't have them now. Don't even bother looking," she said with a smile. "Do you have any questions in particular for me?"

"So she is a wolf too? That's interesting and scary at the same time. I hope she doesn't dislike vampires. I already see myself as wolf food." said, and even if he was joking, he truly believed that her grandmother may be a problem for them in the future. But he shouldn't think about that on their first date... right? "And it won't actually be a problem. You can invite me in your house and, once you do, no one can undo it. It only takes one invitation once and I can get in all the times I want to."

He listened to her, interested on her characteristics. "Oh, what a shame. You'd definitely look cute with a pair of wolf ears." said, middle-raising his eyebrows. He took a second to think about something to ask her. "Yes. Your grandmother is a werewolf too, right? That means it's hereditary? There are any other ways to become one?"

"Well, that's a relief," Ruby replied. "Because if it took the permission of both my grandmother and myself, you'd probably never get into my house. Whether you were a vampire or not, she's never been fond of me having boys over. I used to try and sneak boys over when I was cursed and lost my memory, but since I've gotten my memories back, I haven't bothered. The real me isn't as daring as my cursed self was."

She nodded. "And yeah, my grandmother is a wolf too. At least, somewhat. Once us wolves reach a certain age, we become too old to transform into our wolf selves anymore. So she can no longer transform. It is hereditary, but we can also turn people with bites. Male wolves in our clans have a tradition where they will scout out mates once they are of age. They will find a human woman they want and mark her with their claws. Then they will leave and return to her the next full moon, biting her to turn her into a wolf so they may take her as a mate. That's how my grandmother became a wolf. She was marked and taken. I was born this way. So those are both of the ways wolves can be made," she said, smirking at his earlier comment of her having wolf ears. "But speaking of wolves and vampires being made, how were you made? You drank the blood and died at some point?" she questioned, curious.

Thomas lifted her eyebrows hearing about the more daring Ruby. He heard her talking about that curse before, but he had no idea what it was about. Something that erased her memory... maybe the same thing the girl at the Halloween party went through. Anyway, he heard everything else she told him before asking anything.

"I became a vampire in the most common way: being turned on purpose by another vampire. Even if we don't have any tradition or something like that, vampires do turn human on purpose, and it's far more common than by accident. Every one has their own reasons, anyway. I was turned for... em..." he told her, but stopped at the end of his sentence. He was kind of ashamed of his story, so he didn't want to tell her. Not yet at least. Besides, that was how he lost his wife in the first place. And wasn't something he enjoyed remembering, especially right after losing her definitively. "Well, it's... a pretty long story." concluded.

"Anyway, what about that cursed you talked about? I know it erased your memory and apparently it changed you, but who cursed you? And why?"

@Zaira

Ruby listened to Thomas, curious as to the reason why he had been turned into a vampire, but didn't press for details when he stopped himself from telling her. Ruby knew she was still practically a stranger to him and they were only on their first date. She didn't expect him to tell her everything. "I'll bet it is. You don't have to tell me about it now if you don't want. I can understand some things are hard to talk about." She sighed, recalling a couple things she probably wouldn't be sharing for a while herself. She had her own shameful memories from having a wolf background just like he probably did wit his vampire background.

Scratching the back of her head, Ruby thought over Thomas' next question. "The curse is a long story too, but I guess I don't really mind telling you about some of it." She paused for a moment, trying to think of a way to best explain it. "I was born in a place called The Enchanted Forest. In this world, my world is just stories from a book. But anyhow, back home there was this evil queen who wanted a revenge on Snow White, a princess from our lands who apparently took away this queen's happiness. So in order to take Snow White's happiness, she invoked a magic curse. The curse ripped everyone in The Enchanted Forest from their home and sent them to this world, trapping us in a town. We lost our memories, were given new fake memories to replace them, and were frozen in time for twenty eight years. Then, Snow White's daughter, a savior, came into town and time started again. Eventually, she broke the curse." Ruby ran a hand through her hair and sighed. "But there's far more to it than that. A few other foes managed to cause problems for our town. It's been a rough lifetime."

She smiled though, thinking of something that amused her. "But hey, if you add the 28 years I was frozen in time to my current age, that makes me a lot closer to your age than we thought."

Thomas was a little relieved she didn't ask him anything else about his transformation. He would have told her, but he preferred not to. When she talked, he listened carefully, and ended up with a mix of surprise and confusion.

"Sounds terrible, but I'm glad you could work it out. And I'm kind of lost in your story. Snow White like... snow white? I mean, the one with the dwarfs? Is she real?" asked her. Until that moment, Thomas had no idea that those stories were real. Ruby was certainly more interesting every second. He smiled when she talked about her age. "Who would tell? All this time I thought I was the old one, when actually it have been both of us." added with a half smile.

Ruby chuckled at Thomas' surprised reaction. It didn't bother her or even surprise her that he had reacted that way in the slightest. Most people did react that way when she told them about the curse--not that she had really told that many people.

"Oh yes, she's the same Snow White from the Snow White and The Seven Dwarves story. Pretty much any fairy tale character you can think of off the top of your head is actually a real person where I'm from. Surprising, isn't it?" She smiled. "And yeah, at least now you can feel like you aren't an old man dating a little girl, you're just an old man dating an old woman."

Ruby brought her hands down to the table, drumming her fingers on its surface while she thought of what else she could talk about with Thomas. Putting aside the fact that they had complicated histories involving their backgrounds, they were just two people deep down. Maybe she should ask him some common questions. "So, Thomas, where are you from?" She paused, thinking of another question to ask after having said his name. "It is all right if I call you Thomas, isn't it? Or do you prefer Tom? Or Tommy? Or something else?" she wondered.

@Zaira

Status
Not open for further replies.