Classroom Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian said "hey um hey guys sorry about bumping in to you all, so hows it going?"

"Fine, fine," the bassist nodded, hastening to reassure him. "Was not bad." She refrained from mentioning that he might be better served watching his step and being more aware of his surroundings, as that would have been incredibly rude. Instead, she smiled and returned her attention to the girl who seemed delighted to hear about Kanan's origins.

"Ah, maa, maa... It is a beautiful place," she confirmed, a touch of homesickness creeping into the dark eyes. The grin on her lips wilted only faintly, and it would have taken a sharp pair of eyes to catch the slight dimming of her sunny expression. "Maybe Kalah-san can visit one day." A blush crept across her cheeks and she looked away, one hand behind her head, fingers mussing the thick dark hair that had been chopped in several uneven, messy layers. "Eto... English is not easy. It is... difficult to remember." Her curiosity had been peaked by the girl's starting words, abruptly halted when Kanan had nearly landed on her, but she had been addressed once more and it was only polite to return words with the speaker.

Going? What is this? I don't understand what he said.

Brows furrowed over her narrow eyes, Kanan looked baffled for several seconds while she tried to puzzle out what Brian could have meant by his words. From the corner of her eye, she shot Kalah several glances, as though begging for help with translation, and secretly ogling the scarlet hair that crowned the girl's hair. She'd only seen that colour on people who'd had their hair dyed, and it fascinated her. But it wouldn't do to be caught staring. Clearing her throat, she returned her attention to Brian and took a shot in the dark.

"Ee, well?" she hedged. "Going well. And you?"

She straightened herself up to her full height then, certain that no one else was going to come plowing into her, and folded her arms loosely over her flat chest. Kanan was tall, definitely taller than the majority of Japanese girls, and taller than several boys, too. Standing around 5'7", she didn't appear remotely biologically female; there were no curves to speak of, no feminine slant to shoulders or hips. She lifted her fingers to her neck, tugging at her tie, loosening it a bit. The day was proving warmer than she'd been betting on, even though she'd tuned in to the weather channel earlier that morning, before she had left her new dorm; this USA was temperamental when it came to the weather, she decided. More capricious than a hormonal woman. She found herself wishing she had worn short sleeves, instead of the light jacket she'd donned.

Kalah couldn't help but blush herself when Kanan turned shyly away from her.. She hadn't expected her new friend to be shy at all but found it enjoyable.. cute even..

"Well I would love to visit sometime.. Especially if you'd be with me.." Kalah blushed bright red and quickly tried to fix the situation. "A-as a guide I mean.. t-to show me around and stuff.."

When Kanan stumbled on the translation Kalah tried her best to explain.

"When he says "Hows it going.." He is asking how you are, if your day has been nice.. things like that."
She said with another soft smile.. Her smiles came easy and often, but they were still a nice sight, something about it just seemed to light up the area and make people want to smile themselves.

Kalah listened to the conversation, giving polite nods and greeting Brian with a little wave. "Oh I'm doing fine, just getting used to being on a ship is all." She laughed a little bit, her cheeks still containing a slight shade of pink as she did.

As Nils looked for an open chair he sighed in frustration. "man at this rate i am never gonna get to take a nap.." He walked around the pool and saw a group of teachers wandering in his direction. Looking around desperately Nils spots Kanan, Kalah, and Brian talking. He quickly walks over and stands with them so they are shielding hi from view "dont mind me guys, I just dont want to get another lecture from the principle about teacher responsibility and all that crap.."

At this, Kanan laughed, a low, pleasant sound; somehow, she'd managed to do it without really opening her mouth and showing her teeth. She also had not placed her fingers over her lips in the typical style of Japanese girl trying to stifle her laughter. She simply smiled. Now this, she was familiar with; back home at Meiyou Academy, she'd been the "prince" of the school, despite the fact that there had been actual males attending classes there. The girls seemed to have gravitated towards her unanimously, giving her chocolates on Valentine's Day; several of them had even been handmade.

The thought brought a memory back to her, and her smile faded somewhat. Even her only real female friend, Reyoko, had had a crush on her in the beginning... at least until Rey had stumbled across Kanan's secret. But the fact that the vocalist knew didn't seem to deter her from staring at Kanan when she thought the bassist wasn't looking. Quite honestly, Kanan thought it was cute, the way the girls confessed to her. It had been strange at first, certainly, especially since she'd been the sort to keep to herself with headphones plugged into her ears, sitting at her desk in the far corner of the room. She couldn't lie, though, and say that she didn't like the admiration, or that the little fan club some of the girls had started didn't amuse (and sometimes frighten) her.

But this wasn't the time or the place for homesickness. She wasn't going to get to return home for at least a month, and she figured she might as well suck it up and make the best of it. Kanan returned her attention to the conversation at hand, viciously shoving aside memories of her friends, her band mates, and her old life.

"Aa... Music," she managed, nearly tripped over her words. "... Do you like it?" She jerked her chin up, sending some longer strands of hair flying back, away from her face, and grinned her customary, crooked smile. "Because can show Kalah-san the best places to hear music... Eetto..." The bassist trailed off, forehead puckering in thought, as if something had occurred to her right then. "If Kalah-san likes Visual Kei, though. The best guide maybe if this is the case is not."

Kalah's translation of Brian's slang affirmed Kanan's guess, and she breathed a mental sigh of relief. Maybe this English thing isn't going to be so hard after all, she decided, completely oblivious to the sentence structure she'd employed a moment ago; it sounded ridiculous in English, but it was how she would have worded it in her native tongue, and it didn't occur to her to listen to the speech patterns when she attempted this new language. She nodded, silently agreeing with Kalah's assertion that the day was lovely and everything was fine, but before she could open her mouth to speak, their small group was approached by what appeared to be a teacher. She stared at him, incomprehension written all over her face at his words, but nodded politely nonetheless.

"meh alls good with me thanks, i couldnt feel anymore relaxed even though this was school" Brian replies

• Name: Zoey Moore
  • Zoey is a light haired brunette with a pair of steel colored eyes. She is average height at 5"6 and is curvy compared to the more athletic bodies of her fellow cheerleaders, This is not to be confused with obese or round. She is almost always only wearing mascara, her complexion is completely and always clear except for the occasional blemish.
  • Apparel: Currently she is wearing a sheer pink robe over her white one piece as well as a pair of tawny sandals that are laced up her legs.
  • | Sweet | Perceptive | Compassionate | Easily Embarrassed | Creative |
  • Zoey has been attending Brightmoon since her Sophomore when she moved to the host town. Her mother and father are successful lawyers that live a few states away from Zoey having sent their only daughter to live with her grandparents. Since two years ago, she was taken under Clara Vine's wing. The legend of a cheer-leading captain who graduated just last year. Since then, she has become part of the "in" crowd though she isn't entirely sure what that entails. The girl, even though a bit loaded, has never had a sense of entitlement. But others don't see this, all they see is a girl who is well groomed holding a Louis Vuitton. The girl including being the secretary on the student council, co captain of the Brightmoon Cheer squad, she is the coordinator of the art guild along with a few others who have still not come to see past the handbag she carries. Zoey has won quite a few awards pertaining to her artwork, she is quite artistic. But lately, she has been becoming more introverted, and along with that she hasn't been eating and has taken to locking herself in her room for days on end. Even though she can laugh and smile just moments before.

Zoey pulled the sleeve of her cover-up over her arm as she juggled her bags, the sun was shining and it was an absolutely beautiful day. It wasn't everyday that you get to go on a month long, school trip, cruise. The Moore girl was extremely excited, and in high hopes for some new inspiration from Rome, Scicily, Australia... It was all so surreal. Looking around the boat, she stood in front of her door waiting patiently for her roommate to arrive. She didn't want to open the door just yet, but her excitement was becomming hard to bear. Biting at her lip in worry she stared at the waters that were sparkling just outside the window. Everything smelled like sunscreen and freedom.

Freedom...

Aerith's cheeks flushed red slightly before laughing.

"Was that a super chessy line just now?" She said good-heartedly.

"Well..That must be it right?" Aerith said,gesturing to a room that says "`109"

Kalah tried to focus on the coversation and not the fact that she get getting flustered for some reason..
She didn't know why she was feeling so shy or why her words were getting so twisted, Kalah normally didn't get too shy around people..

"Y-ya I like music alot.. and I haven't listened to alot of Visual Kei.. but I like what I've heard.. there was this one band that I really enjoyed.. I can't remember the name though.." Kalah thinks it over in her head but can't seem to come up with the name.. "D...Dys... Dys.. something.." She giggles and shrugs it off, unable to think of it.

"But anyway-" She stops when the teacher approaches and smiles, giving him a wave. "Hey there.. oh by the way.. what class do you teach..?" She asks him, honestly unsure.

While waiting for a response from either Kanan or the teacher, she moved a bit of hair out of her face, the red strand getting tucked back behind her ears as she gives off another warm smile to everyone.

Alexander looks towards the door, "yup this is it let me get the door for you."

" I took the bed farthest away from the door, but you are more then welcome to take it instead."

Nils chuckled at Kalah's question "Technically I am a substitute teacher. But really the teachers give me the classes that nobody else wants to teach. Its petty of them but it pays the bills, and since i am younger I get along with students much better than the old geezers". He chuckles "I might be your teacher for all we know, guess we will have to find out tomorrow". Nils noticed Kanan and examined her. Something in the way his gaze seemed to be looking inside her was a little unsettling. "ah you must be the transfer student from Japan that I heard the other teachers gossiping about. I think I am probably going to be your teacher since nobody else wants to deal with you."

Nils suddenly straightened up and gave Kanan one of his classic reassuring smiles "どうぞ宜しく, 私の名前です。 Nils (Pleased to meet you, my name is Nils)". Nils grinned as the kids looked at him in shock "hah! and my parents said watching anime wasn't going to be any use.." Nils gave Kanan a slight bow in greeting and spoke to her in english "I bet we will get along just fine Kanan"

Name:Jacquelyn A. Trinity
Student/Teacher:student
Hair Color:Black.
Eye color:Blood Red.
Apparel (Outfit):A black with red trim hoodie that resemble robes that are about knee length and has a beaked hood, wheres black tank top under the hoodie and denim skinny jeans. she also wears a black leather belt with a creed like symbol on the buckle. she also wears earbuds around her neck when shes not listening to music.
Other Details:her hair is short and flips to the left and pale skin. she also goes by Jackie for short.

Jackie wandered throughout the boat looking to find people to room with, but after many attempts of no success she found herself near a large pool. She walked over to a near wall, leaned against it and put in her earbud as music blared through them.

Aerith shook her head. "Im fine, this way,i wont worry about hitting the floor when im too tired to walk then." She said,putting down her baggage down.

Alexander sat down on his bed, garbed a book from his bags.

"So do you wont to get ready to go to the pool, or chill and get settled in?"

Aerith nodded. "Sure."

Pool

Aerith waved at Nil. "Hello,How's things going here?" she asked politely,taking a seat beside him.

Brian walks off towards the stairs and as he left he said to Kanan and the othere "well see you guys around im of to get some shut eye"

as she looks up, she notices a group of three people by the pool. She stands straight, takes out here headphones and walks over.

Kanan nodded politely at Brian, who was wandering away in search of sleep, and nearly bit through her own tongue when Kalah attempted to recall the name of the band she had liked. It sounded a lot like Dysphoria. Wide-eyed, she choked back her reaction, and very hesitantly, probed further into the answer. "Aa, do... the band is Disuforiya?" Should the girl have answered in the affirmative, Kanan would have been shocked to hear it; she'd had no idea that their handful of demo tapes had made it out of Japan, but she supposed she shouldn't have been that surprised, given the popularity of file sharing on the Internet. Surprised and pleased that their songs were getting to a broader audience, and Kanan made a mental note to tell her friends about the possibilities of putting their stuff up for download.

Nils' stare was unsettling, though for the typically oblivious bassist, it wasn't because she felt that he was seeing through her appearances. No, it was simply the direct eye contact that such a stare forced from the recipient that made her uncomfortable, and she immediately looked away from him, unable to hold his gaze. Fortunately (or possibly unfortunately, she reflected silently, given the rudeness of such a statement), she managed to follow most of his conversation with the help of the English-Japanese dictionary she fished from her jacket pocket, but she masked her displeasure at the
"since nobody wants to deal with you" comment. Instead, she nodded and smiled, bowing with the same amount of respect she'd shown Kalah during their introduction, despite the fact that privately, she thought such words did not warrant a high degree of formality.

The bassist brightened almost instantly when the familiar sounds of her native tongue left his lips, and she offered him a less frosty smile.
「冠惰尚輝です。はじめまして、どうぞよろしく。ニル先生が日本語を話知りませんでした。」("I am Naoki Kanda. It's a pleasure to meet you, please treat me kindly. I didn't know you spoke Japanese, Nils-sensei!") She was somewhat disappointed when he switched back to English, and it took her a second of digging through her dictionary to make sense of his words, but once she did, she found herself slightly off put yet again by what he'd said in regards to the "anime watching." At that moment, Kanan realized she wasn't overly fond of this young teacher, and she didn't bother to respond to his use of the name 'Kanan,' since she had not introduced herself by her stage name-- thus, no one should have known it unless they followed the Visual Kei scene and read the magazines that profiled up and coming indie bands. On reflection, though he didn't appear to be the sort that would be interested in the musical movement of Japan's rock, perhaps he had recognized her from the one-on-one interviews that had been conducted with her and her other band members for Shoxx Magazine. In the spread, she had been listed as male, and referred to as such, with no hint whatsoever given to her biologically female gender.

At this point in time Xaviar would be walking around the hallways music in his ears, and a stern look on his face, as he has most times he's left alone to be in his thoughts. He moves back outside to the pool to see what is going on at the moment.

After talking with the couple and their friend, Jackie turns around and walks directly into Xavier and falling, as she stands she apologizes quickly, a bit flustered at her clumsiness..

"S-sorry..! Are you alright..?"

Status
Not open for further replies.