Class Trip Crush

Status
Not open for further replies.
「非常にばかばかしい」"Very stupid." Kyoko giggled then noticed the change in emotion. 「あなたも家を欠場?」"You miss home too?"

Kanan rubbed at her upper arm, a little sheepish, and glanced away. Was it that obvious, that even a stranger could read it written across her face? Upon reflection, she supposed she really shouldn't have been that surprised; after all, her bus companion could very well have been a fish out of water, as well, and the idea was confirmed by the "too" in her phrasing.

「それって、ことは明らかかい。」"It's that obvious, huh?" The words were quiet, spoken with an inflection of rueful amusement, and Kanan grinned wryly at the seat in front of her. Though her lips smiled, her eyes seemed far away, and she leaned back into her chair, propping one arm loosely on the rest beside the window. She flattened out her hand and dropped her head onto it, while the fingers of her other hand tapped out an idle rhythm on her thigh.

「ええ、ちょっとホームシックだだと思います。すべてここに来てほしくありませんでしたが、選択肢を持っていなかった。俺の友人を欠場し、この場所が少し奇妙であります。誰と話をすることはできませんが怖い。英語が得意ではないんだ。」 "I guess I am a little homesick, yeah. I didn't want to come here in the first place, but I didn't have a choice. I miss my friends, and this place is a little strange. I'm afraid I won't be able to talk to anyone. I'm not very good at English." There was a pause, and she eyed the other girl out of the corner of her eye, feeling a stab of empathy lance through her. 「居子さんとは。ちょっとホームシックにしているようにも聞こえる。」 "What about you, Kyoko-san? You sound a little homesick, too."

「京ちゃんと呼んで。はい、私は私の家族を逃したが、ここに来て私の選択だった。あなたが見る、私は奨学金の学生ですので、中学校でこのまたは大学院のいずれかであったし、そこで終了します。私は、私の両親は誇りにしたい。私も私の友人を逃したが....まあ、私は推測する。」"Call me Kyo-chan. Yes, I miss my family but it was my choice to come here. You see, I'm a scholarship student, so it was either this or graduate at middle school and end it there. I want to make my parents proud. I miss my friends too but.... oh well I guess." She said this with a slightly sad smile. She had tried to keep up with her friends via email but they were busy either with high school or jobs. It had hurt her honestly. Seeing that the people she had grown up with didnthave enough time to reply to a single email. She sighed looking down at her cell phone strap. It was one of those matching ones you and a friend get. She wondered if Rikka still had hers....

Xaviar looks up at the sound of 2 people talking with a kind of down attitude in the sound of their voice, he studies them for a few moments.

He switches his attention to Kaori for a few moments. Then glances to Yuki, then returns his attention to outside the bus.

Megan sits with Kaori, chatting idly as time passes while people continue loading onto the bus.
She picks out bits and pieces of the Japanese conversation from the two girls, and decides from what she DOES hear, that it's probably best not to bother either of them.

"So Kaori, tell me a bit about yourself" She says with a warm smile.

"I kinda want to get to know you, sense you're going to be stuck with me for this bus ride." She says with a giggle.

Hearing Megan's question, Kaori shrugged. "There's not much about myself, I guess. I moved here about a year ago."

"Damn, I sound so boring," she chuckled to herself, moving some of her fringe out of her left eye.

"How about you, Megan?" She asked.

"Hey Xaviar you doing alright, do you know when we are going to take off?"

Xaviar looks over to Yuki as he says his name.

"Yeah I'm doing okay, just lost in thought I guess, and I have no idea when we are taking off.."

He looks up at Megan and Kaori talking to each other. "Do you want to move up there and talk to them?" He asks Yuki.

Megan gives Kaori a sot laugh, smiling at that.

"Not boring, you just need more stories to tell is all!" She grins.

"I don't have too many stories myself, but I've lived here for a couple years.. I run track.. and well, obviously ou know where I go to school."

She giggles a bit, and then lets out a small surprised noise as the bus starts to leave, making her hit the seat behind her.

"O-Oh..! I guess we are leaving then..!"

Xaviar gets up and moves to the seat in front of Megan an Kaori as the bus begins to leave. He looks back at the girls,

"So where are you two from?" He asks kindly.

Kaori giggled slightly at Megan. "Be careful, yeah?" She smiled.

Suddenly, the two boys from before appeared in the seat in front of her.

"I'm from Japan." She answered.

"Ahh, My grandmother is from Japan, myself, I'm from Ireland. I moved here to keep her company in her older years."

He smiles to her and looks to Megan, "What about you Megan?"

fang was humming out his favorite song when he felt the bus lurch forward, "finally"

She was a little surprised by the girl's insistence on a nickname, especially since they'd only just met, but she shrugged it off. Perhaps the girl was simply looking for a friend here among all these people, someone who understood the plight of being uprooted from home and moved to a place almost entirely foreign. Despite her shyness, Kanan was generally friendly, and she enjoyed meeting new people. As a show of goodwill, she'd offer her own nickname.

「さて、京ちゃん。」"Okay, then, Kyo-chan." She offered her seat partner a lopsided grin, displaying a confidence and charm that the inner her didn't feel at all. 「カナンと呼んでいます。」 "Call me Kanan." She wasn't sure if Kyoko would recognize the name, but she was willing to hedge her bets that the girl wouldn't have placed it. After all, her band hadn't been signed yet, hadn't spread their music all over Japan. Hell, they weren't even huge names in Tokyo and all its districts yet, let alone the rest of the world. ヂスフォリヤ had played a few nightclubs, and once or twice on street corners, and they'd distributed enough live CDs that they'd built up a bit of a fan base. They had even gotten their own spread in one of the indie Visual Kei magazines, where Kanan had been listed as a male. But not everyone was a fan of the music and fashion movement, and she figured that Kyoko may not have been part of that scene. Kanan was Naoki's stage name, a blend of the first three letters of her surname, and the first two of her given name reversed.

There was sadness there. Kanan's sharp eyes didn't miss the trinket that dangled from Kyoko's cell phone, and she immediately recognized it as the sort middle and high school girls often bought in matching pairs. It went a long way to explaining her immediate allowance of addressing her by her given name. She missed her friends.

She lifted her head, one brow arching as the bus jerked, lumbering slowly into motion. She noticed that the people around them were moving up a few seats, gathering into a small group, and she couldn't help but get the feeling that her homesickness was bringing down the party. That wouldn't do at all, especially if she was going to make the next few months bearable. She might not have been the chattiest of people, but talking to oneself was enough to drive even the most solitary insane.

「ねえ、はい、のが上に移動し、それらを知るようにしましょう。それは、両方の幸せになるかもしれない。」 "Hey, let's move up there and get to know them, yeah? It might cheer us both up." She got to her feet, gripping the back of the seat in front of her, and slid carefully out into the aisle. Once there, she waited patiently for Kyoko to join her in her quest to get to know the other people with whom she was going to be spending this trip.

Kyoko smiled happily when she was addressed by her nickname. Her eyes widened a bit when her seatmate said her nickname. She dug in her backpack and hrought out a magazine, opening into a page. Her eyes widened more as she looked back and forth between the magazine and her new friend. She then turned the magazine around to show her.

「6ヶ月間延期コンサートに予定されヂスフォリヤ」read across the top of the page, with a band below the title, including Kanan.

Kyoko followed her, smiling. 「うわー、それはあなたがバンドにいるとてもクールだ!」"Wow, it's so cool that you're in a band!"

She took the inside seat behind Kaori and Megan. 「再びこんにちは。私たちはあなたに参加することはできますか?」 "Hello again. Can we join you?"

She then noticed the two boys and nodded shyly. "Hallo. Nice to meet you." She said in heavily accented English.

Kaori heard a familiar voice. Realizing it was Kyoko and Kanan, she smiled. 「どうぞ。」 ( Go ahead.)

Kanan wasn't entirely sure what to make of the wide-eyed look her new friend had just shot at her, and unconsciously, she imitated Kyoko's expression, though Kanan's looked less astonished, and more like the sort of face a deer might make in the wake of oncoming headlights. She said nothing, however, no "Why are you looking at me like that?" or "Did I say something strange?" Instead, she waited politely, curiosity flashing through her eyes as Kyoko bent to rummage through her backpack.

Shock hit her full on when she recognized the cover of the magazine that Kyoko had withdrawn from the cavernous recesses of the satchel, and she knew immediately what she would see looking back at her when she lifted her eyes to study the page held up for her perusal. The pale cheeks reddened faintly, and she rubbed at her upper arm with one hand, glancing away sheepishly, and cleared her throat quietly.

「ええ、俺は京ちゃんがその原料に注意を払って驚いています。」 "Ah... well, I'm surprised you pay attention to that stuff," Kanan murmured, unable to meet the other girl's eyes. She really hadn't expected to be caught out, simply because of her name. Granted, Kanan wasn't exactly a common name, nor the sort of nickname one would ordinarily give; she could've introduced herself as Kanda-kun, Nao-gun, or even Nakkun, and it would have made more sense. Kyoko was quick, Kanan would give her that. No wonder she'd earned a scholarship.

Instantly, she was reminded of Reyoko, her closest (and only, really) female friend from back home, but she shoved that memory aside viciously. She wasn't going to bring down those around her any further with her misery. Instead, she finally lifted her eyes to stare at Kyoko coolly, her grin an odd mixture of shyness and confidence. She'd already slid out from the chairs by this point, and led the way down the aisle to the other people who had been gathered near her before they had all piled onto the bus.

「うん、それが俺だ。それはそれを言って、京ちゃんのようなものだが、ヂスフォリヤは本当に有名にか何かになっていない。我々がまだ行くには距離がある。」 "Yeah, that's me. It's kind of you to say such a thing, but we haven't really become famous or anything. We still have a long way to go." She dropped onto the aisle seat behind the two boys, and offered Kaori and Megan a smile and a short wave.

"Sa--nkyuu," (Thank you.) she managed, her voice lower than that of a normal female. It wasn't quite a baritone or a tenor, being more on the deeper end of alto, but her tone, combined with the decidedly androgynous appearance that bordered on masculinity, contrived to give people the idea that 'she' was a 'he,' a misconception that she never bothered to fix. It didn't help that she was wearing the boy-type uniform of the school from whence she'd originally come. It didn't seem that English came easily to her, and she fished a small dictionary and phrasebook from her back pocket. Flipping through it hurriedly, she located what she wanted, and lifted her head to eye the two girls, echoing Kyoko's sentiment to them. "Itto isu naisu to meet'chu. I amu..." (It is nice to meet you. I am...) There was a bit of hesitation there. She knew how she'd say her name when introducing herself in her native country, but this was America and she was reasonably certain that they did things a little differently. At least, she thought she recalled such a thing in her English classes, when she'd actually bothered to tune into the program, rather than scribbling bars of music on her notes. "Naoki Kanda," she continued, for the benefit of Megan, mostly, as she'd already introduced herself to Kaori and Kyoko. And possibly for the benefit of the two boys in front of her, should they have been listening.

Kyoko chuckled at her new friend's look of shock. 「もちろん。私は音楽が大好きです」"Of course. I love music."

As they sat, Kyoko giggled at Kanan's "cool" way of saying her thanks. She also couldn't help but smile at her friend's English. She turned to Megan.

"My name is Kyoko. Please call me Kyo." She said with a friendly smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.