Clash Of Gifted: Rise of Advent (OOC+ Signups)

TreasureSniper had dragged me out from the deepest depths of the abyss, so here I am, throwing in a character sheet. Let me know if you want me to change anything, otherwise...

Open the game board and place your pieces, you sorcerers and witches! Weave the tales of wonders! Sing the songs of the wretched!

...sorry, just need to get the chuunibyou out of my system. It's good to be back. :)

Name: Willow Winters
Race: Human

Appearance:
y4mS4dxCKso9SysSf93L0eJk4IE3gXPWeuOKRvwswzO54dWS4QgZO_rU8ZF1vSKrub8J2I1khWStLElCTBDA602sBhgulpIH84_i_T_3B4HzAYVABZ9IngLn42Hh1rNPFjzc-oSJr3kUybhLdsrmcHVH1teYWgwj3sYv8Ip6Gfzb_y6YPVaXseyfYQfMPOnKGNwQqj0ZE7abIpEWwA3OvEgnA

Despite his age, Willow has the appearance of a young man in his early twenties with an athletic build. He has medium length blonde hair which he simply let them grow, as well as a pair of icy blue eyes. He prefers monochrome-themed clothing with long sleeves as well as long pants. His facial features are quite androgynous, and some would describe him to be beautiful if he would actually cross dress.

Personality:
On the front, Willow is known to be a very private individual. He prefers his own company most of the time unless he really needed someone else to help him with... things. Being mute, this also caused him to be extremely self-reliant and independent, using his fonts in his everyday life with little regards on what others might think.

He is also known to be uncaring to the plight of others. While he is not as cruel as to inflict pain onto others for pleasure, he is not beyond walking pass the poor and down-trodden without batting an eye. He respects strength and adaptability, and those that failed to rise beyond their own circumstances deserve no pity from him. He considers those who have the influence and wealth to seek him out are worthy of his services.

While he has few positive qualities, know this: Willow is no coward. If he has to fight, he can and he will. However, he also understands when there is a need to retreat and when there is a need to pursue, making him an extremely dangerous enemy as he can be a very vengeful man indeed. He also yearns for a reason and a vision that is grander than himself. If one could convince him of their vision, their audacity and their magnificence, he can find an ally in Willow whose loyalty will be unwavering till the end.

Strengths:
Beyond Life: The mysteries of Life often woo those who can manipulate them. What secrets lie over yonder? Willow is one of those who had tried to lift the veil over the elusive temptress and was given a taste of what is to come if he continue to tread down this forbidden path. He can do more than just Healing with the Font of Life – he can trigger nerve-wrecking pain, manipulate diseases, sculpt flesh and bones, regenerate missing limbs and organs, even holding off ageing temporarily.

Immense Magic Power: Willow possesses immense magical powers, powerful enough to dwarf most citizens and denizens. When he was younger, he could barely contain them as a vessel and this has led to him being physically frail when he was much younger. Now, in his thirties, while he could contain them but they still continue to grow stronger as he ages. Despite being able to tame the dragon, he sometimes wonders if he would die from his own magic rather than by any other external factors. This allows him to perform some extremely outlandish feat - if he bets his life on it as there is no guarantee that he can survive going all out.

Rune Master: There are those that can use the Font of Enchantment. Then there are the Rune Masters, whose knowledge and skills are beyond even the elites of those who possess the same fonts as them. Rune Masters are able to use their Enchantment fonts beyond the capabilities of those who are not trained as such, such as drawing runes permanently on a solid surface area, creating semi-permanent magic items, rechargeable, drawing runes in the air, etc. They can even cause the same rune to display widely different effects. Willow is able to infuse his runes with the Font of Life, allowing him to create runes that are normally barred from even other Rune Masters...

Weaknesses:
Mute: Willow is mute and is unable to speak. While he can use sign languages to communicate, he cannot communicate extremely complex ideas without relying on writing (and he will be unable to communicate with anyone else if they cannot comprehend sign languages). Despite having great magical powers, skills and abilities, he can not restore his voice – it is believed that this is the price that he had to pay for being Gifted in the first place – and if he were given the choice, he would gladly pay it again.

Obsession: What power can be greater than the ability to manipulate life and death? What blessings can be greater than the gift of freely choosing who to live and die? Willow is addicted and obsessed with the powers granted by his fonts, using them freely despite the dangers they pose. He will actively go against those who seek to restrict the use of his powers – even if common sense dictates that it will be best to do so. As such, his knowledge and skills to operate in magic null areas are less than impressive.

Reputation: With great power comes great responsibility. Willow scoffs at the idea however, believing that the only responsibility he owes is to himself. Despite the prodigal powers he possesses, he actively refuses to help those who cannot pay for his services either in the form of cash or favours. This caused him to be notorious in certain circles where they believed that he should use his powers to aid the poor and destitute – meanwhile, the rich and powerful know who they can approach in order to extend their stay in the world of the living just for a little bit more.

Font: Enchantment
Gift: Font of Life.

Equipment:
A Pack of Lies – A pack of cards with permanent runes etched on them, triggerable when the runes interact with Willow's magic power. He also carries blank cards in case he needed any of them. A Pack of Lies allow him to bypass the need to set up for encounters that require speed and flexibility.

Notebook and Pen – When signing fails. Also good for taking down notes.

Standard Equipment - Willow carries his badge for identification purposes as well as a mass produced, low-caliber handgun with some ammo which he was trained to handle. He also has a secured mobile phone for communication, although he use only the texting functionalities mostly.

Backstory:
The Winters family was an elite family in Grand Doma, with all their family members known to be born with at least a hint of magic as well as holding a great amount of wealth from businesses. The patriarch of the Winters family was a man by the name of Adair Winters and he was wedded with his current wife Janice Winters. The union produced four children, with Willow being the youngest of four brothers. While the couple was happy with the children that they have produced, Willow was considered to be the "weakest link" with the potential to shame their lineage due to his weak health and inability to speak.

Willow was kept in the family vacation home, and only see his family once every one or two years. The family servants did not treat him well, causing him to be self-sufficient in every areas of his life from his youth. Only when the magical power within him gave form to his Font of Enchantment and Font of Life was he brought back into the fold of his family. Unfortunately, Willow was perceptive enough to see what it truly was – just another pack of lies. They would throw him away just as easily if one day he would become useless.

He was eventually admitted to a private school where he would finish his education while remaining friendless during the entire period. His body continued to be fragile during this time as his body had to readjust itself to accommodate his growing magical powers. However, his body became stronger and stouter as began to learn to channel his magical energies through using magic without any reasons. It was also during this time that he began to learn the many applications of his Enchantment and Life fonts.

The youth eventually followed the path of a rune master and a researcher in the healing arts, as his personality was not suitable to be a healer. The world did not know the talents that they have missed, and Willow dedicated his passions into runecraft and seeking the mysteries of Life. It was during this time that he had earned his reputation as an extremely reliable healer, combining his skills in runecraft, Font of Enchantment and Font of Life to heal the most complicated of diseases, help patients regrow lost limbs and organs and even perform facial reconstruction surgeries. These usually come with a hefty price tag, something that Willow exploits to no end.

The Winters family would exploit his fame and expertise for their own purposes, while Willow would use them to accumulate wealth to support his personal researches and learning style. It was not until when they plotted behind Willow's back that he eventually ditched the Winters family. The Winters raged a silent war as brother warred against brother, and sons against father. At the end of the bloodless conflict, the patriarch of the Winters family was the eldest of the four brothers Eira Winters. Adair Winters, Janice Winters and their two others sons had decided to take long holidays beyond Grand Doma. Willow however, emerged from it relatively unscathed.

While he was freed from the shackles of the Winters family, he knew that he cannot allow it to fall into obscurity. He still supported his family's activities, although he placed much more emphasis in his own self-improvement. It was after this time, that he was approached by an official representation of the government of Grand Doma to join an initiative to quell the unrest in the city. While Willow wasn't as interested in helping the government but being an agent of the world's most magically advanced city had its perks. He agreed after a lengthy discussion with the government, officially putting himself as an agent of the state and went for basic combat training which he completed with flying colours. According to his own words: "When you are a Winters, you don't get to live until my age without learning to defend yourself."
Good to have you back, old friend. Accepted.

Just a bit of headsup for your guys, this rp is gonna be a little bit on the slow slide for now cause currently I have heaps of assignments to deal with. I'll try to get an IC by the end of this week. Also how as do you guys want this rp to progress story wise? Do you want some room for some character interactions? would mind having posts that have multiple time skips? example (1st paragraph monday, 2nd paragraph monday afternoon 3rd paragraph current day)?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
I live for character interactions.

Just to put it out there, i'm also voting for character interactions.

If we're dragging though, please do let us know. We'll follow your lead. :)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
Just a bit of headsup for your guys, this rp is gonna be a little bit on the slow slide for now cause currently I have heaps of assignments to deal with. I'll try to get an IC by the end of this week. Also how as do you guys want this rp to progress story wise? Do you want some room for some character interactions? would mind having posts that have multiple time skips? example (1st paragraph monday, 2nd paragraph monday afternoon 3rd paragraph current day)?

Yeah I'm flying out on the weekend so prolly won't get involved till next week myself.

But Boo all good with however you want to structure RP. ^^

@TreasureSniper soooooo like are ya gunna do up a charrie too or are ya just gunna do "GM posties?"

@TreasureSniper soooooo like are ya gunna do up a charrie too or are ya just gunna do "GM posties?"
I'll most likely be controlling just a few side characters. You guys are the main cast. People do crazy things with their characters when they are the gm XD.

Hi, are you still accepting? If you are I'd be interested in making a character.

Hi, are you still accepting? If you are I'd be interested in making a character.
Sure! Looking forward to seeing your character!

Reactions: L0ck0n
By the way, at this point anyone can be the leader of delta squad.

@FrozenTear I was wondering if you would be okay with me creating a family that rivals the winters?

@TreasureSniper Would it be okay if I make an elite family that has sponsored and/or been involved in the police force in Grand Doma?

Last edited by a moderator:
@FrozenTear I was wondering if you would be okay with me creating a family that rivals the winters?

@TreasureSniper Would it be okay if I make an elite family that has sponsored and/or been involved in the police force in Grand Doma?
Sounds good to me.

Reactions: L0ck0n
@AshenAngel @MYTH* If you guys are no longer interested you could have at least told me :(

Sorry, been moving into my new apartment and dealing with some medical stuff on top of studying for finals.

The opening post is a bit rough to work off of. I don't have an idea of what's going on, location, and time wise, and those are big issues for me. If someone else got a post up I could probably get something rolling on that front. Maybe. I dunno.

Sorry if I come across as snippy, but sleep exhaustion isn't fun.

• Useful
Reactions: TreasureSniper