Clarification on the Appropriate area to post DnD Group advertisements hosted primarily offsite.

Ner0

Star is A Dude
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Always
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Douche
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
High Fantasy.
The title I pretty self explanatory but I’ll go into a little more detail here. I’ve read through the FAQ already and just needed some clarification.

I have a growing DnD group for an rp places in a world I have hosted rp’s for on iwaku several times. I am looking for one more player to join a second party in said rp, I was wondering where exactly it would be appropriate to post a recruitment ad for this. From what I can gather the offsite advertisement forum is the best place, however I was wondering if posting a recruitment and OOC section in the normal recruitment and rp forums would be appropriate. Sessions are hosted on Discord and Iwaku would only be used for the purposes of posting session summaries and OOc banter. I thank the team for your time with this question :)

So, um am I ever going to get an answer to this question?

If you ONLY want to recruit, then off-site ads would be best. If you intend to actually use a thread on Iwaku for more than recruitment, then you can have a recruitment thread in the normal area.

However, just posting summaries seems like a poor reason to have a thread (rather than a Discord channel for that purpose), and one would expect most OOC banter to happen on your server in whatever designated OOC area exists, so the off-site ads route seems the most logical to me personally. You can go the other way if you feel differently though, totally cool by the rules.

Reactions: Kitti
If you ONLY want to recruit, then off-site ads would be best. If you intend to actually use a thread on Iwaku for more than recruitment, then you can have a recruitment thread in the normal area.

However, just posting summaries seems like a poor reason to have a thread (rather than a Discord channel for that purpose), and one would expect most OOC banter to happen on your server in whatever designated OOC area exists, so the off-site ads route seems the most logical to me personally. You can go the other way if you feel differently though, totally cool by the rules.

Thanks my dood, you're a cool bean. I shall proceed as recommended *Hands Jorick a happiness star*