City RP 2

Vic decided to try out going into the club. The local police had shown up and they were starting to tape off the area. He ducked into an alley and took off his jacket and unstrapped his holster. He put the strap over his shoulder, rigging the holster around his body. He turned his jacket inside out, and put it back on. It was reversable, making forcan inconspicuous cover. He decided to keep his bag on his shoulder. They couldn't search him without his concent, and the last cop who tried got his hand stuck in a mailbox. It was a long story. One he concidered telling Lilith when he got back. He started to ponder how she was doing all lone at his home. He made his way to the police line.
"Stand back, sir. Nothing to see here."
"Uh, yeh man, I'm a bounty hunter." He fished out a card from his pocket and showed it to him. "I gots orders to investigate and find the culprit." He lied.

"Well, you're a little late, hunter. We've already got her."

His eyes widened. Her? Was his Intel wrong? Did he have a partner or something? He tried looking through the doors of the club.

Lily continued her feverish and unrelenting jerks of her shoulder in her attempt to breakfast from the security men's grasp, and was able to run a few feet or so away before they shoved her into the hands of the police. "I didn't do it! I swear!" she repeated herself in a bit of a shrieking tone. Her throat began to grow sore with the repeated words, but she knew by now that they were going to get her no where. They slid Lily over to another cop -- a big man, who looked stronger than the other two men combined. Her stature was minuscule compared to his. She was thrust into his arms and he clamps her arms behind her back to secure her wrists in a pair of cuffs.

"Please..." she began to plead, her bottom eyelids rimming with tears as she looked back at the large man behind her, "You gotta believe me... you gotta... I-I didn't do it..." The man didn't even acknowledge her. He just kept on looking forward. She looked down, closing her eyes to hold back what seemed would be a flood of tears. Then, she heard a familiar voice. Vic! She thought as she raised her head, looking around quickly before her eyes rested on him. "VIC!" she yelled out towards him, "Help me!"

Vic almost screamed. What the hell was she doing out here? His mind was racing, trying to find a way to get her out. He scream was heartwrenching, as if she was tearing out the breath in his lungs. He swallowed his emotions forcing himself into a logical state of mind.
"Well shit. You mind if I take her off your hands? I mean, you get to go home. No paperwork. I'll take care of it. You're still getting payed and so am I. Come on, help a fellow justice seeker out."
The officer cleared his throat. "Sir... Mister Bradley was it?"
Vic couldnt help being proud of his false name on the licence. The officer continued. "I don't see a badge on that jacket. You aren't one of my men, and besides, you know hunting is a gamble."
Vic looked back at Lily. He rubbed the back of his head and sighed. "Look man I'm really down on my luck lately..."
The officer sighed as well and shoved his hand into a pocket. "Tell you what, hotshot, I'll give you one coin toss. One. You got that?" When he pulled his hand out, he held a large silverpeice in between his fingers.
Vic stared at the coin. He had the worst luck of anyone he'd ever known,but if this was his only chance, he was going to take it. "Alright, sounds cool." He said.
The officer flipped the coin and stood back. It let out a single, pure note as it buzzed upward. Victory stood back as well. If this went his way, he didn't want to be seen as a cheater.
"Tails! " he called as the coin tumbled through the air. That ringing sound seemed to last forever until they heard a loud ping, followed by another, and another soon after, increasing frequency as the coin bounced off the pavement, finally rattling in a circle. The coin spun out its momentum and finally layed flat.
Vic's heart stopped as he and the officer looked down at the coin.
"Well Mister Bradley, congradulations..." the officer said begrudgedly.
He motioned for the girl to be brought to them.
Victory nodded to the officer. "A good night to you. "

Lily's expression turned into an apologetic look, her brows furrowing as her lips took the form of a frown. She disobeyed -- left the house, even though he had instructed her to stay at the house. He had only wanted to protect her, but... she just didn't listen. But for a reason. She didn't want him to get hurt, or worse... because even though she had only met him earlier that day, she still cared, and he must've cared, too...

The cop holding her looked between 'Mister Bradley' and the officer who gave this bounty hunter permission to take the girl, then back to the officer. His eyes were slightly narrowed as he returned his gaze back to the officer. Didn't the girl just yell out a name towards him? Nick, or Vic, or something like that? And how did he seem to come at just the right time..? Whatever. It didn't matter. Orders were orders. Lily was brought over, then pushed forward the last foot or two towards Vic, pressing her body against his chest. The cop dropped his hand and turned, then walked away, grumbling.

Lily then looked up to Vic, then back to the ground. She had to pretend that she didn't know him. Otherwise, the police might think that they were up to something. But she couldn't seem too willing to go along with him, either. She attempted to dash away as she was released, then Vic reached forward and took a firm grip of her upper arm. The blood, by now, was dry, and had turned into a deep crimson colour. She kept her head down, eyes trained on the ground as Vic walked her along. She stayed silent with her jaw clamped shut.

Victory Ross, or Vincent Bradley for the time being, held his captive by the arm. He fished out a steel set of cuffs from his back pocket and put them on her. "Walk." He demanded. His order was concise and brutal as he pushed her forward. He walked close behind her and lead her down the street.
Vic's car llooked like a cross between a tank and a Lamborghini. A tankorghini or something. It was flat black, a simple silhouette even under the street lamps. Upon their approach she would be able to make out more details. The vehicle was low to the ground and has an extended trunk that was split down the middle. It looked like a coffin shape with double doors on the top. He opened the door on the passenger side. The door swung upward, gullwing style. Vic set her into the back seat a bit roughly and shut the door. Stepping over the hood, he walked across it and opened his door, getting in and shutting it gently. The hood of the car had hardly even bowed under his weight. He pushed the key into the ignition and cranked it, to which the car responded with a low growl and subtle vibrations.
As he pulled away from the curb he sighed. "Are you hurt?" He asked her. "Did Carl hurt you?"

The drug took him far and wide down the path of his subconscious as he sat back on the bench like most drug addicts. He began to drool a little as the drug took complete control of him taking him down another dark side through his mind. This time leaving him on his ass when he was thirteen. He remembered this clearly, this is when his father died and his mother became an alcoholic. This was the turning point for the whole family. His father was a military man which also helped young Carl become the assassin that he is today by the military training his old man taught him when he was a kid.

When his mother heard the news she began to blame everyone but herself. Shit, thought Carl. He probably killed himself to get away from the crazy bitch. A smile arose from the drooling side of his face as he came back to and wiped it away. What time is it? He stared down at his gold watch and realized that it was only a few hours after he took the drug. Man, time does go by fast when your on a roll he thought as he tried standing up. First losing balance but regained it after a few tries and decided to walk towards a diner to grab some food.

Oof.. She grunted quietly as he pushed her along, and kept her eyes cast to the ground. She figured that since they were out of stewing of the police, that she shouldn't have to keep on acting like she didn't want to go along. She began going through apologies in her mind.. she was sorry for not listening -- look at the mess it ended up getting her into. And if he hadn't been there.. he might've not been able to find her. So, she wouldn't only have to say sorry, but thank him, as well. God, if only she had listened... She raised her head to see what looked like a tank. No, a lambo. No... both? Either way, it looked bad-ass.

Lily didn't resist as he pushed her into the seat. She hit the seat with another soft grunt, then looked down at the car floor. "N-.." She cleared her throat, then spoke again, though her vouch was still quiet, and somewhat timid, "He didn't hurt me." she sighed, "The blood isn't my own. He recognized me from the alley earlier. Used me as a cover to kill his next mark." she has almost forgotten about the blood on her arms until she lifted her gaze from the floor and rubbed her hand over her arm. "The blood isn't my own. But... because I had the blood on me, they all thought it was me, but Carl had already gotten away.." she closed her eyes tight, "I'm sorry, Vic.. I'm so, so sorry..."

Vic was silent as he drove down the street. He listened to her as she explained the situation. He was frustrated with her, but his relief outweighed anger. "Luckily, things went smoothly on my side. I talked with Carl, and I'll be keeping a close eye on him." He said as he continued the drive. When they reached his neighborhood, he shut off the lights. The car was nearly invisible in the shadows of the tall, derelict apartment buildings. He drove slowly through an alley into an inconspicuous hole in a wall, plunging them into complete darkness.
"I think it's best if you stay here for a while. Tomorrow we can go get you anything you need." he told her. After a moment of driving in the dark, he turned on the fog lights, revealing the tunnel they were in. It was sloped downward, leading further into the dark, winding left and right. After a while, it ended in a concrete wall.
Vic reached over the console of the vehicle and hit a remote switch. The wall lowered slowly, revealing an elevator big enough for the Lambo-tank. He drove onto the platform and it began to rise, Taking them up a lit shaft and depositing them on another level. The platform then rotated, puting the car in the correct possition to pull out when the platform went down again.
Vic got out of the car and walked around, opening her door and helping her up. He released her wrists from the cuffs and pt them in his pocket again. "Sorry about that."

His silence was excruciating. A slight grimace molded itself onto her expression as she looked forward, staring into the back of the headrest infront of her. He shouldn't be sorry -- it was her who did wrong. "Don't be sorry." she rubbed her wrists as he removed the cuffs, letting out a quiet sigh as she kept her head hung low. As her arms moved, the dried blood cracked and and broke apart. She rubbed her arm and the blood fell away like red snow. The blood didn't bother her, not at all. But it did bother her since it was what caused everyone to point a finger at her. And again... the sight of the blood did something to her. Lily did not know, still... but she wanted to see more. Perhaps wanted to inflict pain as well...? Her eyes widened at the thought, then she shook it away, frowning. "I'm sorry."

Carl finished his meal and paid the waiter his tab before standing up and stretching. He was tired for sure and stared down at his watch to see that it was getting late. To bad I had to take care of that other target or I would have still been there partying it up with some pretty young thing. He smiled and remembered the weekend before when his party left the club with two gorgeous blondes and into the Jacuzzi of some rich mans home. Women these days he thought then wondering why on Earth she was married and sleeping around with a killer like himself. He laughed as the flashback faded away and he was back at the diner.

He reached into his pocket and fingered the other two pills of fun. He wanted to take another one but what would that do for him now? He wasn't in the mood to party anymore once his high was gone. He was in the mood for some sleep. With his apartment at the other end of the city he began searching through his mind at the nearest hotel or motel he could think of. Anything with a bed he thought, becoming angered when his mind could not come up with a single thing. Then! Bingo. He knew a whore house not far. Maybe, he could have some action as well as some sleep. He didn't mind. His job was done and everything was cleared til a new target popped up on his list.

That's settled then, he thought as he started off his journey to the place of fleshly pleasure. He walked by the club he just made a scene in and saw the after effects. It was closed down with police tape securing the area. It was funny how someone could get away with murder. He continued on til he reached his destination at a three story building on the south side of the city. Ten minute walk from the murder scene. Outside there stood an older woman pedaling her wares at hopeful customers up and down the street before noticing Carl. She leaped with excitement as she yelled over to him

"Carl is that you!? Haven't seen you in this area in what three months? Working hard or hardly working?" She joked nudging him with her elbow. She knew she wasn't his type so she played around with him like they were old friends.

"It has been awhile April, and I've been working hard!" He said hoping she got the "Hard" part. She did, she was use to such dirty humor. "say, I need a place to crash.."

"And you wondered if you could stay here, sure. sure. Go on up. You've saved me a few times, but hey if you want one of the girls...you will have to be charged." She finished his sentence for him and sent him off inside. Carl turned around and replied that he wouldn't want one, that he was to tired to do anything.

The inside of the first floor was rowdy and filled with smoke as men and women drank, sang and danced the night away. The women were not wearing much at all and Carl got to see a few free shows as he walked by the madness and reaching the stairs which led to the rooms. He found his usual one and stepped in and closed the door with all the noise on the other side. It was a simple room with a single bed, a window and a ceiling fan that never seemed to work. He fell back on the bed and sighed. The night seemed to be over for him he thought as he stared up at the ceiling.

He looked down at her. "Come on, lets clean you up..."
He lead her out of the garage and into the street. They walked up the steps to the front door of his home. Vic opened the door an let her in. Next he led her through the bedroom and into the bathroom where he wet a rag and wiped her arm completely clean. "There we go."
He rinsed the cloth and then wiped her face gently. "That's much better. Back to your ol' pretty self." He smiled at her reassuringly and went over to the bed, sitting down to remove his shoes and the jacket.

Lily walked along with him. She kept her eyes trained on the ground, except for when he'd turn and lead her around a corner. One might have mistaken her behavior at that moment for feeling bad for herself, but that wasn't the case at all. She just wished that she had listened. She sighed in relief as the dry blood was washed from her arm and face, as though she had just been cleansed of some foul demon that had raped her soul. "Thank you.." she said with a small smile, feeling reassured by the sight of Vic's smile. Pretty? She thought... and then her face flushed a soft pink while her smile slightly widened.

He finished removing his gear and layed back on the bed. It had been a long day. He sighed deeply and thought happy things. Funny that Lily was one of those things. Usually people didn't enter his mind so often after just meeting. He looked back up at her. "Are you tired?"

The fact that he hadn't yet scolded her in some way puzzled her, but she didn't want to question it. She was glad that everything ended up alright, and that they were both safe. "Yeah." she nodded as she replied, then lifted her head again from the floor to flash him a smile. Her eyes lit up a bit as her lips curled, as if they were smiling, too.

( The shortness of this post shames me. ;-; )

Victory looked back up at Lily. He had been contemplating what to say to her all night. Getting mad at this point would be, well, pointless. There was something else tthat kept popping into his head. Something crazy. He looked up at the ceceiling, thinking to himself about crazy being ggood sometimes. Or something like that. Even he knew he was just rationalizing to find a reason to bring it up. With that, he decided, sitting up and looking her in the eyes. "I think you need to learn how to defend yourself. You could become a target, and I can teach you some stuff." He said with a grin. "Try staying hhere for a few nights."

"You'd teach me?" She asked with eyes wide, a bit surprised. Well, not really surprised. More happy, than anything. "That sounds splendid," she said in a light tone, her voice softening as a sweet smile starts playing on her lips. If only she knew what she was. What she had been. She wouldn't need help. Not that kind of help, anyway. An almost crazed look glazed over her eyes momentarily as her pupils dialated and contracted suddenly. She blinked a few times to readjust her sight, then shook her head with a soft and quiet grunt. "Thank you for letting me stay here," She said with furrowed brows. "I've been staying at places with people that I really don't know lately. But they said they knew me, so I guessed that it was kindof alright." it probably wasn't, but she hadn't gotten hurt. That was all that mattered, right?

Vic grinned and exhaled. "Well then that's settled. You're welcome to stay here as long as you want." Sitting down on the edge of his bed again, he looked at the clock on the wall. "Well, i think we've had enough excitement for the night, what about you?" he asked her.
"tomorrow, we'll find something that suites you, then we'll start training you. Hope you're not squeamish about loud bangs." he quipped. Chuckling softly to himself, he looked around him. It came to him that she had nowhere to really sleep for the time being. "Um... hmm. I can take the couch until we figure something out.." he mumbled to himself.

"That sounds fan-tastic," She stated with a slight emphasis on the end of the word. It sounded almost British, the way she said it. The pronounciation just came naturally. Maybe she was British. She didn't know. She shrugged, then tilted her head as he said that he'd sleep on the couch. "N-No, that's fine," she said with a smile, brushing some hair behind her ear, "I'll crash on the couch. It's your house; I don't want to burden you in that way." She then nods. Her hands had somehow found their way to the hem of her shirt, and she was thumbing the bottom edge of it, rubbing her fingers nervously over the smooth fabric. This was a nervous tick that she had picked up, and she didn't know why. She'd also rub her arm, but when she was too lazy, she'd leave her hands at her sides and just play with whatever piece of clothing was convenient.

A 17 year old groans. A drop of rain hits her face. She wipes it away with a lazy swipe of her hand. With a loud yawn, she pushes herself up and swing her legs off her "bed". Well... A park bench was a bed that Antoinette Stevens was used to. She blinked a couple of times until she was certain she was awake... And alive. She looked at the sky. It was grey and bleak, even the rain pouring slowly, probably bored as hell of its surroundings. Her head cocked over to a flickering lamp pos., A whole line of them was the only light she had... And only about five in total were working fine. She got up from the bench, slipped on her black trench coat over her Guns 'N' Roses vest top. That and her dark violet skirt, white and black stockings, red Doc Martins and red fingerless gloves didn't seem right for the weather... But what else did she have? She was just thankful that her ankle length coat had a hood. She threw it up over her long black and red dipped died hair and she started walking under the glow of a cold, uncaring light. Anna always seemed to walk. Whether her hands were in her pockets or holding a half full bottle of vodka, she walked. got to the heart of the city after about fifteen minutes of silent walking. The city's lights burned Anna's eyes and she winced and walked away... The city never slept... She bet the city never got drunk...

Victory was already asleep after she had finished talking. He simply passed out. Being out so late and saving lives was tricky business. It always wore him out.
The next morning, he awoke. It was early, around 7, meaning he only got a few hours of sleep. He opened todoor to his room and walked put into the rest of the house. He looked over at the couch and jumped, a bit startled. He had almost forgotten that she was there
Returning to normal, Victory straightened the blanket she was using and brushed her hair from her face gently. Her skin was soft, he noticed. Her hair was also smooth, a bit cold from the night. Vic stood up and walked into the kitchen, grabbing the coffee pot.