City of wings

What is your favorite bird?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Kara I..." He didn't know how to finish his statement. All he could do was hug her back. He took all of her in. Her wings, her slim figure, her particular scent (which was weird for him), and just felt at ease. When they finally let go he felt compelled to wipe the tear from her cheek. "You're crying." As he wiped the tear away a warm feeling rushed into him and before he knew it he was smiling too. It felt so right. Just being there with her. Kara. God, just thinking of that name makes me happy. "You must be someone special to be able to make me spill my heart like that." He was serious, but looked like he was joking. He looked right into her eyes, trying to see if he could see anything he hadn't seen before. No luck. He only ended up getting lost in the pool of color.

She looked at Ivan and when he wiped her tear she was compelled to cry more his hand was so warm and so nice, She jokingly stated, "What kind of hand moisture do you use?" She laughs a bit at her own remark. She was smiling brightly making the whole room brighter, "I dont want you to be alone Ivan I dont want to be alone I-I dont want to cry myself to sleep anymore" She gasped at what she said Oh no why would I say that He'll Think I'm a Complete Wierdo! "I uh I uh um" She was to flustered to let words escape from her mouth. She was still blushing furiously "I uh wont go out to fly but if you want to you can come fly with me I uh Mean uh" She became even more flustered at this moment acting like herself She gave a serious but sad look "I this is really nice I never get to just be myself"

The anti-flight caravan was coming in. Jason must have stopped the other one, but he had the canisters Jax sucked his teeth. He woke Jinx up. "Jinx. Jinx, get up. Jinx." Jinx rolled over and sat up, she rubbed her eyes. "Jax... Uh, huh? Jax what's the matter?" Jax saw that Jinx was half-asleep. He decided they didn't have time and picked her up looking for Ms. Kara.

"Then it's settled. You're not crying yourself to sleep tonight. Or any other night really. *smile* And as far as being yourself goes I know where you're coming from." It was then he spotted the red in her cheeks. "What made you blush this time? Was it something I said?"

She looked at him with eyes still glistening with tears "uh no um I guess it was the uh hug I mean I guess" She broke from his front side and sat out on the caves ledge looking down on a small town far into the distance. She hung her legs over the edge not afraid that if she fell there would be a mess of organs on the mountains rocks, She looked back at him then looked down again God its like elementary school She looks at her feet which are bare and quickly turns saying "We should get some rest Ivan.."

Ivan looked down at the floor. Great, now she probably thinks she's a freak. Nice going jerk... "I'm sorry... If I made you uncomfortable... I haven't been around people for a while. My social skills are, well... they need work." Truthfully, he just needed to stop being so observant. Being able to see everything usually ended up getting Ivan into trouble. Much like now... But then again, if he hadn't seen the scientists waiting for Kara he wouldn't be with her right now. "Rest? Oh. Right."

She sits on the floor and grabs her coat balling it up and resting her head on it she then yawned, "Goodnight Ivan" She put her hand under her head. She than closed her eyes and soon drifted out into the world of dreams and nightmares sadly this time it was nightmares this time. "Come on everyone we can make it!" Kara screamed as she ran through the labs hall at that moment a teenage boy was shot in his arm, It hit an artery. She looked back and began weeping and screaming "No You can make it come on!" He collapsed and his blood poured out onto the shining white floors her eyes became stern as she saw the life fade away from his. "No NO!" She started shooting everything she saw she didn't miss a hit on anything she was blood thirsty and ready to kill. She woke up screaming and shouting reaching out to a life force that wasnt there.

"Goodnight Kara." He watched her fall into what he hoped would be a well deserved break from reality. Ivan wished he was that lucky. Insomnia is what he would tell himself but he knew better. He knew the scientists had worked on him to be their night watchman. Their spec ops. Their night vision goggles. Meaning? He was wide awake at night. No sleeping until the sun came up. However, that never meant he COULD sleep. He was going on three days without any at the moment. Ha, new record... The night was still, which was never comforting. The only sound was Kara's fast, unsteady... No. That didn't seem right. It should be slow and even breaths. So why was she...? That was when he heard it. The screaming. It didn't take him too long to realize she was having a nightmare. "Kara!" He ran to her to see if he could comfort her. The ten or so feet between them felt like a football field's length away. As he reached her she awoke reaching for something. He pulled her into his arms. "It's okay. Everything's okay. You're safe now."

She was crying non stop, "He's gone it's all because of me." The tears rolled down her face making her look weak and vulnerable. She hugged him tightly "Ivan please please never die while im alive." She shook her head in his shoulder blade "Never..". She drifted back to sleep in his arms after a while hoping she wouldn't have another nightmare, This time it was just white no dream just pure white. She always had that dream and it scared her because she knew it was all her fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.