City of Thieves

Jax walks past the wall to the city and tears off his mask "Jesus it stinks in there" he is breathing deeply and clearly has been out for some time

"maaaan I need some food wonder if there's a good place round here."
Jax is a scavenger male who can be considered handsome and loves to smile ,fake of course there's nothing more that Jax loves than to play with emotions Jax walks into a restaurant sits down and enjoys his meal

Absinthe Varas - Thief - Streets/Tommy's Shop - Open

Absinthe walked home, contemplating if she should stop by her sisters on her way or not.

Lavonne Varas - Plant Shop Keeper - Her shop - @Demmy

"Oh not to worry, I'll pay the rest. How much will it be?" She said while quickly signing for the package.

Grey? - Fence - Councilor's Office - @Demmy

A feminine voice began to grace his ears behind him though it was fairly light and unobtrusive as it reached his ears.

"There's always another storm brewing, you know? Shouldn't ease yourself even if a bad one just blew over."

The door was closed from behind themselves as a masked person entered the room. Their face as covered in cloth and rags as well as their neck. A metallic plate covered their far only revealing mechanical eyes before him. They dressed at least professionally wearing a suit with twin black snakes on the collar.

They didn't seem to want to agitate nor threaten the man but the carefully moved over to hand the papers back towards him. At least offering some peace.

"You have worked with my kind before so don't be worried. You likely haven't seen me or this particular version of me, so I will introduce myself. Names Grey." She responded softly as she stuck out a gloved hand of hers for him to shake. This was peculiar not only for them accessing his office but the reason she was here. She didn't seem like a particular threat but was obviously eying the window if she needed to make a quick exit.

She waited for him to respond but regardless, went straight to business. "I know you wish to keep health services for everyone but how do you wish to accomplish that? Population control is an attempt, we sent out our criminals last time and they became bandits. How about, resources? People need to eat and we force them to work to earn their keep. I'm doing what I can right now to make sure my place is settled. My worry for you in particular is how will you be able to prevent the rich and greedy from starving the innocent and poor? I'm doing it... Outside the standard norms of our laws but it is done nonetheless. I'm not admitting to guilt of anything by the way but I doubt even you are strict on them yourself. I mean, people are paying for you to do these papers and you are simply tossing them aside." They seemed curious on why they had tossed the papers and not only that but they didn't seem to care if those papers were for the benefits of the rich or the poor but they began to shuffle through the papers curiously to see what they would find.

"I'm here to make a proposition. Whatever you need, I may be able to get but in return I need some protection. If you can offer that to me in any way I shall appreciate it. The more you offer the more I can give and if you need some inconveniences out of the way. I may be able to permanently deal with them but we need medical supplies and I know that is a hard thing to ask for but I am already taking risks. If you wosh to remain beaten and battered by the others. You can be my guest but I highly doubt you will get an offer this beneficial again. Though, don't get me wrong. I don't give for free as I've stated but I see us both mutually benefiting if this councillor really wishes to play the game of dirty politics. And before you even rant to me, I think all politics is corrupted. I just think of you being one of the few that cares about the people and if you do then you may need to commit some horrors to achieve some good in this world. So, let me help you."

She paused as she finally rested her words. Lots to give and take in as well as the complexity of the situation. This was all a lot too take in and much to question. He could easily yell for help and further make it even more tense. Someone had somehow gotten access here and were there to speak to him personally. Luckily it wasn't for anything bad but if he chose to cross her it could be.

Grey though, a name living in infamy in the city. A name that could get you things and get things done. It was a simple message but one that penetrated many places and maybe even this place of politics.

Oliver could perhaps be making a deal with the devil here.

Grey? - Scavenger - Appalak - @Demmy , @Wiggin

"Let us make this as quick and efficient as possible. I trust your judgement on the snapjaws and if we encounter anything else, give us the go if you want to engage. After all, you are the sniper so your call." Grey replied as they moved closer towards the entrance as they inspected for anything odd or peculiar. "Plus, I trust in all of our abilities. The Barry one in particular seems to want to shoot me, but as long as I draw first I should be fine." The thief joked before returning to serious tone. "Though, we have done jobs worse and in storms. I pray this is not like the last time and I hope we are lucky enough to all go back as we came." Grey looked at the ruins and listened for any peculiar noises. It definitely dre.ef to have been empty as not much was left but this was a perfect place that may have left something of value behind. He began to inspect and study things as he made his way towards it.

The age of these ruins was a mystery the storms had bruised the wreckage with its constant winds and the sand didn't help with its grinding either but it remained, the remnants of a different time forever lost.

Absinthe Varas - Thief - Her Apartment - Open

Absinthe approached the apartments and her sisters store, but ultimately decided to go home due to being tired.

"Oh not to worry, I'll pay the rest. How much will it be?" She said while quickly signing for the package.

Caramel - thief - street corner - @pbirds

Once she had lost sight of the man, Caramel turned and casually walked away from the corner, slipping her hands into her pockets as she walked. It took a while, taking sharp turns down winding roads before she stopped, but when she did, it was in a quiet alley. She turned to face the direction Mona was in. "Hello? Is someone there?"

Melanie (Mellow) Armali - scavenger - Appalak - @Wiggin @TheDevil'sGame

Melanie nodded to Grey before turning to Barry. "And what are your thoughts. I know you're not used to teams, but you do have a say in what we do." She then smiled. "As for our abilities, I'm sure there won't be any trouble. I'm a sniper, myself, but not the worst in meelee. What about your specialties?"

Emmett Shaulle - courier - upper streets - @Lunarelon_

"Two silver, ma'am." Emmett replied, running a hand through his hair. He looked around the shop, smiling to himself. "Though, I was wondering what these ones here are called."

Oliver Pratchet - councilor - his office - @TheDevil'sGame

"Worked with you before? I have done no such thing and I don't appreciate visitors without appointments. I'm very busy." As the person spoke, Oliver crossed his arms and remained silent, waiting for them to finish before adding anything. "First, you and I have different ideas of what 'throwing' means. Those papers fell. Second, I am not lax with the law. Each person is equal under the law, reguarless of wealth. And third," he paused, looking out the window again. "I don't know what you think you could offer me, nor what I could offer you so your best interest is porbably to leave... Without my papers."

Absinthe entered the apartment and plopped down on the couch and napped.

Lavonne grabbed 2 silver from her bag under the counter and put it on top of the paper she had signed, she answered the couriers question excitedly "Oh! Those are Bat Flowers, they're very popular with those practicing Wiccan, but are very pretty flowers to keep around nonetheless. They bloom with very beautiful white flowers too!"

Reactions: Wiggin
Tommy Thimble - thief/tinkerer - his shop (Back room) - CherryRoseLotus

The chair Tommy sat in made an uncomfortably long creak as he stood up from it. He quickly put his small pistol into his boot in case this customer tried stealing or shooting one of the guns. Most of the guns in Tommy's shop were not usable at first, but it was usually hard to tell for most people. Tommy flipped back the curtains that hid the back of his shop from view and quickly ducked in. The back of his shop wasn't much different from the front regarding architecture. A bunk bed sat in the corner of the large room along with a desk in the other corner. Books and papers sat in various stages of cleanliness. On the wall in the back of the room was an old pin board used for making reminders. "I'm in the back if you need me" he called out as he walked up to the old wooden desk. Several blotches of ink stained the top of the desk along with the floor by the desk. He grabbed a pen and sketched down a rough drawing of Absinthe's schematics so he could work on them later and not damage her work. The page was then posted to the board along with Absinthe's pages noted "remember this" In Tommy's poor handwriting.

Barry Klein - scavenger - outside northern gate - Demmy TheDevil'sGame

Barry's hoodie flapped off of his head as the wind slowly blew in. The monsters in the distance clicked loudly and searched for another meal. Barry hoped their next victim wouldn't be him. He rubbed his face with the back of his hand, assessing the choices of either doing what he liked, killing, or exploring ruins at the cost of possibly losing allies. Air exhaled from his lungs in a long sigh "Let's head inside" he said. Without waiting for the others, he headed inside the dry temple. Skeletons laid half buried in the sand inside the temple, most of them held no valuables except maybe a rusty sword here and there. Stairs lead down into the depths of the temple. Most underground temples like these had to be revisited multiple times in order to gain treasure. Common items in these labyrinths were usually scrap metal used in shops or old-age weaponry. Barry loved finding the old weaponry of the past because of the shear pain most of the weapons caused. He assumed they weren't here for weaponry though, since scrap metal and building materials were in high demand. He took out a small lighter and flicked it on, revealing the depths of the old ruin. "Be wary of monsters in here, they aren't as bad as the ones outside but..." He shrugged "They are dangerous I guess...?" He mentioned in a bored tone.

Grey? - Fence - Councilor's Office - @Demmy

The masked character patiently listened to Oliver's words before carefully approaching the man. They carefully organized the papers in their hands as they looked at the man and offered them back to him.

"The throwing part was clearly a joke. The rest of it is truly meant to be real. I have chosen to make our appointment here and now and I'm not simply here to visit." They leaned against his desk as they kept their face locked onto one another as they folded their arms across their chest.

"I'm glad too hear that you consider everyone equal though. It is the main reason I believe we can work together. While you treat the wealthy and poor similarly. You cannot tell me that in the history of our species that those with wealth aren't abusing or taking advantage of the poor. This city right now may have drug problems that make people rich. It could also have dangerous labor that pays poorly but people may take what they can get. The ones with the most control are those that control the food, wouldn't that be correct?"

"As for leaving, I don't intend to leave so easily and I believe I'll be making more appointments in the future. You are asking me what I can provide for you and I know that there are corrupt officials that are as greedy as they have ever been. While you wish to simply uproot them it's a rare stance to win solely through that. I can provide tims of votes from within the poor. I'm highly influential there but you will be targeted. The people who vote for you, will be targeted. Don't take me as a good soul though. My goals here are simply not to lose power. Getting you to a higher seat of influence..." The person pulled out a sidearm as they removed the magazine from the weapon and place it on his desk before pulling the slide back and releasing the bullet from the chamber and dropping it to the ground. They then placed the firearm on his deck as they finally let their view move from Oliver's as they neatly places the parts of the weapon near one another.

"You may or may not be targeted by assassin's. I potentially stopped someone from doing it or maybe that murderer may or may not be me. Regardless, I'm offering security. It is some things gangs always offer but I'm not looking for money in return. I'm looking for you to keep this place stable and prefer if you could give us leniency. We are not the greatest people but I hardly believe we would be enemies. So let us attempt not to be."
She began to reassemble the gun as she reached down and picked up the bullet as they placed it back within the magazine and proceeded to place the magazine inside the firearm. They slid back the barrel of the gun before placing it to their own head. "It is very easy to get rid of people in this way but there is always lasting consequences. It's why we generally tend to avoid where we can and if we do commit such procedures we go in extreme depth to make sure the consequences are eliminated. If you think your way will work go for it but if you need help I'll be back to talk if there is nothing else you wish to say."

Grey? - Fence - Appalak Temple - @Demmy , @Wiggin

Grey noticed Barry avoiding Melanie's question as they kept an eye on them. Even though they had only gone on professional missions with Mel for business purposes they still viewed her as a valuable asset for the procurement of anything useful.

They didn't know Barry and while certain they had gotten off on the wrong foot. It was something their kind did to truly figure someone out. Mel surprisingly took the strangeness well and despite the constant pestering was a person who was serious and still had a level of respect for their partners. In return for the pestering though Grey had always provided whatever they could for these missions.

The clicking in the distance didn't seem to disturb Grey as they werent the primary predators out here. Regardless of the beasts and creaturs that ravaged the lands. Humans had remained amongst the top for theor sheer brutality and determination to live. Grey had seen many horrors humans were willing to commit to survive and it didn't disturb him as remotely close to what humans were capable of. The animals hunted because they wanted to survive. Humans often did so out of greedy purposes.

A difference that was remarkably difference than simply needing too and wanting too.

Grey followed Barry as they awaited Mel to join. The temples were ancient of a time humans likely had a complete hold of the place. Those times had changed of course but as they passed some pieces of metal. Grey retrieved any small pieces as they place them within their pouch. It was a way to make more needles for the weapon they carried and was a reason they used such a thing.

As Barry began to talk of them, Grey simply listened before looking around. "What are we looking for Mel? I don't think we were simply sent here to pick up scrap. What's the targets priority in this place?" He whispered softly as the temple echoed the noises they spoke. It was filled with sand and dreary with the bones that had remained there. Pieces of bone scattered the floor revealing some thing had torn into the bones to reach the marrow underneath.

Once she had lost sight of the man, Caramel turned and casually walked away from the corner, slipping her hands into her pockets as she walked. It took a while, taking sharp turns down winding roads before she stopped, but when she did, it was in a quiet alley. She turned to face the direction Mona was in. "Hello? Is someone there?"

As she watched them decend into the ruins, Melanie took one last glance outside before following. "Just what I said before. The description our client gave me was a small artefact. Though, it wouldn't be the worst thing to pick up some scrap while we're here." While she spoke she picked up the pommel of a busted sword, inspected it and pocketed it. Looking ahead it appeared the trio was in a corridor where the rooms that had extended to the left and right were collapsed. There was, however, a door at the end of the hall.

"They are beautiful," Emmett replied with a smile. "I would love to buy a couple. How would they be?"

Oliver simply watched as they pulled apart the gun and then reassembled. "To be fair, it is hard to tell when someone is joking without being able to see their facial expressions. And of course there are those who are corrupt, like you said. But what you are asking is for leniency with the law and in return, protection for myself and the people?"

Absinthe slept away.

"For a couple, its only 5 silver! They come with a care booklet as well. And if you ever need advice on them, you can always come back in and ask." She gleefully said, while grabbing a booklet from under the counter "Though, ill make it 3 silver because I need to pay you for the package, hopefully thats alright!"

As she watched them decend into the ruins, Melanie took one last glance outside before following. "Just what I said before. The description our client gave me was a small artefact. Though, it wouldn't be the worst thing to pick up some scrap while we're here." While she spoke she picked up the pommel of a busted sword, inspected it and pocketed it. Looking ahead it appeared the trio was in a corridor where the rooms that had extended to the left and right were collapsed. There was, however, a door at the end of the hall.

Emmett nodded, pulling out the required coin and handed them to her. "I'll take two, then."

Oliver simply watched as they pulled apart the gun and then reassembled. "To be fair, it is hard to tell when someone is joking without being able to see their facial expressions. And of course there are those who are corrupt, like you said. But what you are asking is for leniency with the law and in return, protection for myself and the people?"

Absinthe slept away.

"Alright, sounds good! You can take those 2 if you'd like, unless you'd like me to grab a couple from the back for you!" She said cheerfully to the courier