City of Thieves

Tommy Thimble - thief/tinkerer - his shop - [IMG]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/28/28448.jpg?1544422605[/IMG] CherryRoseLotus [IMG]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/27/27968.jpg?1544816186[/IMG] Lunarelon_

Tommy lean over his table to glance at the schematics. He carefully took out a pen and scribbled some notes onto the paper, but in all, the plan was untouched. He quietly muttered to absinthe so the other customer wouldn't hear "now you see..." he glanced over at the other women, patiently waiting, "I wouldn't openly carry these things around, people might be... suspicious" he fake coughed, he was honestly a terrible liar, but it would have to do. He then threw his pen behind him. He didn't need it anymore. "I can get you some of these parts but some you'll need to ask a scavenger to get," He then pulled up some old gears and scrap metal from under his desk. "Now I will make this one free, since I like your idea" Tommy said.
Barry Klein - scavenger - northern gate -[IMG]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/12/12051.jpg?1489375393[/IMG] Demmy [IMG]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/27/27702.jpg?1536174183[/IMG] TheDevil'sGame

Barry hated mind games, he just like the straightforward thinking of some people. His first instinct was to smash this grey guy's head with his baseball bat, but he decided against it, Barry didn't want to make enemies with this strange character. He extended his hand. guessing now was a good time to introduce himself. "My name is Barry Klein, I'm the guy who basically lives outside of this city more than in it" He said. Barry didn't particularly care why this person was here. He just wanted to know if he could trust him out there or not. He then turned to Mellow, forgetting his original question of why they were going out into the wastes. "Let's get a move on shall we?" He said, straightforward as always.

Absinthe Varas - Thief - Streets/Tommy's Shop - @Wiggin @CherryRoseLotus

This was the first time Absinthe came up with something like this, it flattered her to see someone like her idea, and even do it for free. "Thank you, I appreciate it" she said. "But are you sure you don't want any sort of payment? Its the least I could do." She mumbled to him, while pulling out her wallet from her bag.

Lavonne Varas - Plant Shop Keeper - Her shop - Open

Lavonne read her book, quietly waiting for another customer.

The Amberess- Corrupted Noble- Tommy's shop- @Wiggin @Lunarelon_

-
She'd gaze back for a moment, and snickered slightly before shaking her head. "No payment required? Unlikely from a scum in this town." She spoke abruptly. The Amberess smirked at her own taunt clearly having no second thoughts about what she had said about them, looking over to the female once more and making a quick side glance to the shop keeper. She would walk onward towards the gun's section to observe the fine quality of the guns that they had to offer in this part of the city, "Hmm.. Impressive.." She muttered very quietly to herself, her already emerging smirk growing wider as a spark lit in her eyes over a passion of hers being done well and that was machinery of any kinds. It was like a dream for her.

Grey - Scavenger - Northern Gate - @Demmy , @Wiggin

"They call me, Grey." The strange character responded and gave him a careful but firm handshake but the moment was brief as he pulled his arm away. While they enjoyed teasing Melanie they didn't seem to particularly enjoy being touched themselves. Though they wanted to at least assure to this new character that they could at least be somewhat trusted as they began to take a more serious tone.

"As I stated earlier, if you need something sold, please come to me. I charge a fair rate and in this city that is something of a rarity. Though, if you need work, let me know. I may be able to provide a survivalist like yourself some good honest work. Don't be fooled though, the most dangerous places don't have to be the ones with fewer people. With my experience, the city is a much more dangerous place... And don't be too mad, this city is made up of lies, half truths and assumptions. I've decided to play the game and if anything it can at least help you better determine what's true and what isn't. Humans who always show the truth do not exist. They all wear masks to hide their feelings and thoughts from others. Even from those they love and trust. Remember that."

The thief looked upon Mel curiously as Barry wished to continue. He wondered what their leader would think of the speech as well as the new one to join their group. He was essentially an embodiment of his words. The mask he was wearing was simply a literal one but held the same purpose as the figurative ones other people wore. They couldn't tell what he was thinking nor who they actually were. Taking things to such extremes as well with their capability to alter their voice.

"Are we set then? You comfortable with this group for the job Mel? I shall bring us some equipment just in case. As always, you are the eyes. I'll be the hands and Barry... You can be the heart of this operation. Since it seems you've done a lot of rough work and have some charm to ya, I believe it makes sense. I am ready when you are boss." Grey responded as they accounted for what they possessed on their body as they awaited for the mission.

(Sorry for posting twice I just had an itch and don't believe it will affect much!)

Caramel - thief - street corner - @pbirds

Once she had lost sight of the man, Caramel turned and casually walked away from the corner, slipping her hands into her pockets as she walked. It took a while, taking sharp turns down winding roads before she stopped, but when she did, it was in a quiet alley. She turned to face the direction Mona was in. "Hello? Is someone there?"

Melanie (Mellow) Armali - scavenger - northern gate - @Wiggin @TheDevil'sGame

Melanie replied to Grey's words to her with an unamused look before turning back to Barry. "Simple but small artefacts. The buyer wouldn't give much detail but they're paying enough, so why not?" She then turned back to Grey. "Amd you. Stop messing around. I don't have sisters." About to agree with Barry, she paused, realising that she hadn't introduced herself. "Call me Mellow," she muttered," and yes, we should get started."

Emmett Shaulle - courier - upper streets - @Lunarelon

Finally, the courier reached the small flower shop amd stopped just outside, smiling down at the flowers by his feet. They certainly made a lovely and absently made a mental note to return after his route had ended to buy some for home. Emmett entered the shop, taking his hat off as he did so and ran a hand through his hand. "Miss Varas?

Oliver Pratchet - councilor - his office - @AliceFalling - open

Hearing the door swing open, oliver glanced over his shoulder. "I was going to pick it up," he mumbled, but smiled, pulling away from the window and sitting back at his desk. Once more he began going through the smaller pile in front of him. "It's nice of you to offer, but surely you have enough of your own work to do. I don't want to overwork you."

Grey - Scavenger - Northern Gate - @Demmy , @Wiggin

Grey stared blankly at her unamused look as the mask gave her reflection. It had a mirror like surface as it revealed her face back to her as the unamused look glanced back at her.

They waved their words off as they took it more serious as they listened to Melanie's words. "Fine then, but some lies can be useful... Though let us get on with it. I imagine everyone to be ready for the job and our goal is to retrieve the artifacts and receive our fair share. Don't let the others carry your weight of course and as always, dead bodies remain in the wasteland. We can't afford more energy on something that's already lost." He looked at the two as they retrieved the satchel from behind themselves as they latched it onto their shoulder.

"And Mellow, correct? Is it ever truly enough for what they give us to go out there? I know a lot of poor men in this city and if it ever was we wouldn't see the poor conditions in this city." He responded as he awaited their exit from the safe confines of this city. "Though I promise to make you a back scratcher Mel. If I can find the bits for it." He seemed interested and ready for it and was only waiting for the other two to join.

Last edited:

"Excuse me?" Absinthe softly said while turning her head towards the woman "Scum, huh?" she put her wallet back in her bag, approaching the woman saying "And who do you think you are?" she slowly recoiled, she regretted saying that, but she's also not one to stay quiet when someone taunts her like that, but she also didn't want to make a scene in the store, the shop keeper didn't deserve it. None the less, she still stood there waiting on a response.

Lavonne Varas - Plant Shop Keeper - Her shop - Open

Lavonne read her book, quietly waiting for another customer.

Tommy Thimble - thief/tinkerer - his shop - CherryRoseLotus Lunarelon_
Tommy sat back down in his chair, having it awkwardly creak in the middle of the two girls' conversation. He quietly reach his hand under his desk, carefully grabbing his small, two shot, silenced, pistol. fights usually happened in his shop, so he was always prepared. He waited to see if this was going to be one of those normal fights. He honestly didn't want it to start, because he liked how this one woman came in with schematics, but if anything started he would have to shoot someone in the leg. "look, it was probably just a small comment that mean't nothing, so lets forget about it for now" He said, trying to defuse the situation.

Barry Klein - scavenger - outside northern gate - Demmy TheDevil'sGame
The gate in front of the group seemed to be worn from the constant bombardment of sand and wind, Barry knew its look well. He gently pushed it open to reveal the wasteland beyond the city. Barry said nothing as he set down his modified skateboard and slid into the dunes. He was several feet away from the two other people in his group before realizing they didn't have the same mode of transportation. He waved for them to follow and then went back to skidding along the sand. He relaxed as he saw some ruins in the distance.

Once she had lost sight of the man, Caramel turned and casually walked away from the corner, slipping her hands into her pockets as she walked. It took a while, taking sharp turns down winding roads before she stopped, but when she did, it was in a quiet alley. She turned to face the direction Mona was in. "Hello? Is someone there?"

Melanie (Mellow) Armali - scavenger - desert - @Wiggin @TheDevil'sGame

Melanie frowned at those words, but didn't say anything. Though it was true that most scavengers were simply left when they were dead, she still felt it was wrong. Watching Barry zoom, she began after him, noting any tracks he may have left behind should they get separated. Though it was clear the boy wasn't used to teams. After trekking silently for a while, they soon came upon some ruins that had been unburied by the last storm. "I believe that's Appalak. Been buried for a while. A good place to start, you think?"

Emmett Shaulle - courier - upper streets - @Lunarelon_

Finally, the courier reached the small flower shop amd stopped just outside, smiling down at the flowers by his feet. They certainly made a lovely and absently made a mental note to return after his route had ended to buy some for home. Emmett entered the shop, taking his hat off as he did so and ran a hand through his hand. "Miss Varas?

Oliver Pratchet - councilor - his office - open

Hearing the door swing open, oliver glanced over his shoulder. "I was going to pick it up," he mumbled, but smiled, pulling away from the window and sitting back at his desk. Once more he began going through the smaller pile in front of him. "It's nice of you to offer, but surely you have enough of your own work to do. I don't want to overwork you."

Grey - Scavenger - Appalak - @Demmy , @Wiggin

"Don't worry Mellow. If it offers you any solace. I'll make sure to at least offer your body some solace. If I can cover it I will attempt to do so. Won't let the creatures of the desert take you. The best any of us can do is offer back to the earth what we have taken from it." Grey was at least trying to give comfort to the idea of returning to the earth.

Grey removed a long metallic prod from his satchel. He extended it to create a pole to use as a walking stick as he followed closely behind her. Giving her enough space that she needed but reminding her that there was at least another pair of eyes keeping watch. Their mask sheltered them from the sun but seemed strange they weren't overheating.

They also kept an eye on Barry as he rode with his board. They seemed interested but didn't mind giving him space. He knew he gave the two an odd feeling and a strange introduction on top of that. Though, it was their nature to make things uncomfortable.

They lived in an uncomfortable city with uncomfortable people after all.

"Should be a good spot. Anyone in particular keeping watch or shall we all cover as much ground as possible? Bandits, wildlife and the environment are all against our favor. We should have a good amount of supplies but the more efficient is always better." He replied as he made a way to the top of a dune. He curiously looked around as he took a look around the ruins. He pulled out what appeared to be chalk as he etched a cross on the nearest pillar as he looked at where they came from as he marked it towards the direction.

"There doesn't seem to be any signs of a storm but if such happens we need to know our sense of direction." He replied as he began to make his way through the place.

Absinthe stood silent. She's never been this intimidated by someone before, or even be slightly afraid. Something about this woman gave her odd vibes. She walked back to the shop keeper, apologizing for causing a scene.

Lavonne Varas - Plant Shop Keeper - Her shop - @Demmy

Lavonne jumped a bit, she got so entranced by her book she didn't notice someone coming into her store, but she noticed the courier with a package in their hands "Yes, thats me!" she said excitedly, but she was confused, it didn't look like the plant supplies she ordered, usually they're in a bigger box. She curiously asked "Oh? Is that from the book store by any chance?"

@Lunarelon_ @Wiggin
The Amberess
The Amberess almost laughed at the female's response, once she cleared up her giggles that slipped out here and there, she would finally snap back, "Who do I think I am?" She set one palm upon her right hip, continuing playfully, "A person who can get by without leeching off other's well earned possessions." She couldn't expect she wasn't going to get a response from either one and in fact was anticipating it. Don't get her wrong though, she didn't come in looking for a fight or an argument, but who is she to deny the excitement when it arises? She looked back at the shop keeper that was trying to rain out the flames, she frowned before barking, "Meant NOTHING? Nothing I say holds less than that of upmost value! Do I make myself clear?!" She shook her head, clearing her voice to calm herself down. She turned her volume to the female again, "And you should be sorry, trying to steal my right to speech now, too? Ridiculous." The Amberess had no clue if the person was an actual thief, but only made an ignorant assumption because of her standing up for the shop keep. "But I'm not here to fight, I'm here for business."

Tommy Thimble - thief/tinkerer - his shop - CherryRoseLotus Lunarelon_
"well if you're here for business then you should keep looking instead of insulting people" Tommy said to the strange woman, venom dripping into his voice and corrupting his words. Tommy had always had some nice quips here and there, but this wasn't one of the funny ones. "Besides... she brought in a schematic, and I give bonuses to people with schematics, but don't tell anyone" He winked and gestured with his free hand while keeping his other on the gun, wary of the future events. "Now she can go," Tommy pointed to absinthe "And get her other materials while you," he pointed at the woman "can look around and see if you like one of those guns"

Barry Klein - scavenger - Appalak - Demmy TheDevil'sGame
Barry watch the pillars pass by, not minding the old cobblestone of the, what used to be, temple. He headed towards the remaining intact structure, staring at its worn down bricks and the old carvings on the bricks. Slowly sliding to a stop, Barry waited at the old door of the remaining temple for the rest of the group. He took out his shotgun as he did so, cautious of any other creatures.

Melanie (Mellow) Armali - scavenger - Appalak - @Wiggin @TheDevil'sGame

"I'll be better if we stay together," Melanie replied as they reach Barry. "Leaving one person as watch would hardly be enough against any of the larger creatures and I very much doubt there would be bandits here. There's no access to water and I imagine it would be awefully hard to farm with those creatures about." She climbed up some of the rubble and crouched low, using the scope on her rifle to look around for any creatures. "There's a few Snapjaws to the East," she called down to them as they would not have been able to see from where they were standing. "And another group of somethings to the North. Too far to tell what they are."

Emmett smiled kindly at the shopkeep, placing the package on the countertop. "Indeed it is," he replied, noticing the confusion on her face, "Were you not expecting a package?" Whilst the answer didn't exactly matter to him, the courier was still curious to the answer.

After watching the pile of paperwork fall to the ground Oliver pinched the bridge of his nose with a sigh. There was no way he would be able to get through it all in one day. He'd just have to take it home. He pushed away from the desk, stood and stretched before he moved over to the window. It overlooked the centre of the city and gave a slight view of the desert beyond. And with it he could see the last of the most recent storm retreat over the hill.[/QUOTE]

Absinthe whispered to the shopkeeper "If you don't mind, ill come back later today or tomorrow. I want to talk to you about some things." she carefully tore the pages of her plans out of her book, and gave them to the shopkeeper. She swiftly turned around and began walking towards the door, before she left, she smirked at the shop keeper, then started walking down the street back to her apartment.

"Oh, no! I just wasnt expecting it to come to the store! Where can I sign for it though?" She said excitedly while grabbing one of her pens from under the counter.

Last edited:
Grey - Scavenger - Appalak - @Wiggin , @Demmy

"Safety in numbers but we must care for any ambushes then. I trust your judgement though and believe we should handle this quickly. Though, luckily I've seen some things that have grown out here. Even if it's nothing more than a few leaves and branches. Seeing life out here warms the heart."

He listened to her speak of snapjaws and something which remained too far for them too see. He noticed Barry removing his shotgun as he pulled out what appeared to be flares.

"Good way to lure things towards us but also capable of being used as a weapon. Let us just hope, that we won't need them here." He responded as he pulled out a gun which had an open barrel to place the flares into.

"You are our leader here, Mel. Should we inspect that temple?"

Barry Klein - scavenger - Appalak - Demmy TheDevil'sGame
Barry stared out into the sand to look for the nearby snapjaws. He flipped up his board to put it on a strap on his back. He then looked back to see Grey produce a weapon. Barry didn't trust this man the most due to his suspicious nature, but he would have to deal with Grey being armed. Barry loved killing these creatures, but it was Mellow's decision whether to fight them or not. "I'm able to take the snapjaws head on, but I don't know about you guys" He commented. Barry had no idea the skill level of his two companions.

Grey - Scavenger - Appalak - @Wiggin , @Demmy

"Don't worry, it's simply an explosive. If it misfired I'll make sure I'll be right next to you. I promise." Grey could obviously see the uncomfortable eyes that Barry gave him. He could tell that he wasn't enjoyed very much nor would be helped if something terrible arose.

He checked the body of the handgun and played with it before placing it along his belt. He only had a handful of flares and that didn't include any that were defective. He had clear memories of when the equipment went wrong and wouldn't appreciate getting such bad luck again.

Of course, that was for emergencies. He began to pull out what appeared to be a gun though this thing didn't seem particularly familiar. He assembled the stock to the body as well as the barrel as they screwed it in. It appeared to be a rifle but as they placed a cylindrical tube where the ammo would settle it was clear that it was something different.

"Look, while I may joke around I'm not going to harm you. I didn't come out here to make an enemy. It is simply to do business. I take great care in my work and unless if my job asks of it, I would be glad if the people I work with survive. Plus, while Mel may be cold too me. She knows to trust me with this sort of work at least. So have some faith in her." Grey turned to see what Mellow would offer as to accomplish next. He aimed his gun at the ground and fired a couple shots. Needles collided into the dirt before them as he carefully reached out and picked them up as he inspected them each. He then began to crank the weapon as it seemed to be ready to fire much more.

"So are we off?" He asked curiously. As he looked at the two. "If we gotta fight snapjaws get some clean kills and I promise to make you some nice jerky in return." Grey didn't seem too worried about fighting wild animals. They were simply doing the same things that the scavengers were doing. Trying to live in a harsh place though Grey didn't seem keen on just killing them, if anything they did seem serious in eating them.

Absinthe Varas - Thief - Streets/Tommy's Shop - Open

Absinthe walked home, contemplating if she should stop by her sisters on her way or not.

"Oh, no! I just wasnt expecting it to come to the store! Where can I sign for it though?" She said excitedly while grabbing one of her pens from under the counter.

Melanie (Mellow) Armali - scavenger - Appalak - @Wiggin @TheDevil'sGame

After she was positive there was nothing else moving in the sand, Melanie slid back down to the group and smiled. "I don't think it would be necessary to fight. Looks like they're moving away from this area. Fighting might only draw more." She replied, looking over her should at what could barely pass for an entrance to the ruins. "I think we ought to check it out. Been buried for long enough who know what we'll find. Bjt, that's only if you're both comfortable."

"Oh, of course," Emmett replied, pulling out a clipboard from his bag and placing it on the table next to the package. "Sign here, please. Your sister insisted I bring the package to you, er," he hesitated before finishing his sentence, "though she didn't pay the full amount for changing the location address."

After watching the pile of paperwork fall to the ground Oliver pinched the bridge of his nose with a sigh. There was no way he would be able to get through it all in one day. He'd just have to take it home. He pushed away from the desk, stood and stretched before he moved over to the window. It overlooked the centre of the city and gave a slight view of the desert beyond. And with it he could see the last of the most recent storm retreat over the hill.