City of Thieves

D

Demmy

Original poster
Hi all. Just an idea I've had for a while. Simply put, the rp will take place in a city that is located in the middle of the desert. Nobody has returned from venturing too far, leading people to believe that there is nothing but death beyond the walls and that there is only this city. The city itself is vast and semi underground. There are farms to cater for food, a giant wall to protect from storms and an underground lake used for water. The city is run by a council of five and each councilers each have an assisstant. There are all sorts of lifestyles available including noble roles, couriers, guards and scavengers. And the thieves, of course, but more on them later.

Technology wise there are guns, though bullets are rare, vehicles are reserved for use by scavengers and there is no electricity. Low fantasy elements, but no magic is known to the people in the city. There are monsters outside of the walls and should this go ahead, I'll add more about them.

As for the thieves themselves, there is a guild that originally only had 50 members, but not as many anymore. Many believe they don't eaxist but in truth they have their headquarters underground and have been working on extensive tunnels that reach under the entire city. So e even lead outside the walls.

Rules:
- if you play a thief, you must play another 'job'. Meaning you will play two characters. Whilst the thieves will be a major role in the plot, it would be no fun if that's all there is.
- Remember, this is a huge city so not everyone will know everyone.
- An education is reserved for the rich
- Only scavengers have clearance to leave the city due to safety reasons.
- People are free to carry weapons but not to fight.
- There are no post length expectations. Write as little or as much as you want.
- Please don't express interest and then leave without a word. I will end up messaging you until I get a reply.

That's all I can think of for now but if anyone is interested, just let me know.

Oooh! I am a big fan of this kind of genre and certainly interested in hearing more and being part of this RP!

I'm glad to hear that. Should this not gain interest, though would you be interested in a 1x1?

Yeah! I hope it gets some interest in it, as it's a really good idea and could make for an awesome world and story. If not, then yes, we could do a 1x1!

I don’t get why there isn’t more interest, it sounds awesome! I’d love to hear more about this world.

Reactions: AliceFalling
I wouldn't mind playing a character or two for this

Oh, awesome. I'll set up the actual roleplay once I get home. If there are any questions or ideas you guys have, feel free to share them. Or PM

Yay!! I'm excited! I have some interesting ideas for a character already!

Heyo. I want apologise as I've been bombarded with a lot of things that need to be done by the end of the week. So, hopefully, I should be able to get the RP on the weekend. Again, I am so sorry.

Reactions: Poofy
I figured you rolled it to see your chances of getting the RP up by the weekend!! Haha! You're all good though, we know stuff happens!

• Love
Reactions: Poofy and Demmy