City of Ember RP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LittleRedPanda

Original poster
It's been a bit since I did any roleplaying as I got super busy this semester. Hoping to jump back in. I just watched the movie of The City of Ember, having read the book long ago in my youth. The idea always fascinated me. Unfortunately I just now found out it was a series so I haven't read any of the others. I wondered if anyone would be interested in doing a RP set in Ember? If you have never read the books and/or seen the movie I would be happy to give a quick synopsis:

Ember is a post-apocalyptic underground city, fully functioning and self sustaining as it has been for 200 hundred years. More or less. Ember was only supposed to exist for 220 years. At which point the people would return to the surface to start anew. However the instructions and foreknowledge of a surface world even existing which were passed down from Mayor to Mayor were lost to time. It is now year 241. Ember is starting to fall apart, the generator is having blackouts that last longer and longer each time. Time is running thin. However, knowing no other life the people go about their daily lives normally. Each year a new set of youth graduate school to attend a ceremony where they are assigned a job at random that they must perform the rest of their lives. Everyone must stay within the light and safety of Ember. They are taught that outside the city limits there is nothing but darkness forever. It is illegal to go there.

A map I took from the book:
map2-279ebvw.gif

As a fan of the city of ember, I shall join o-o

Status
Not open for further replies.