City, Farm, wherever you are, I'm there. (Closed to Juneberry)

Sierra shrugged.
"I don't know..."
She looked around and then sighed.
"They're comin' off and breakin' anyway."
She said as she pulled them off, one by one.
Some of them, she scrunched her face up at, obviously in pain.

He frowned in an awkward motion. He wanted to know why she had them on, but didn't want her to take them off as he was certain that it'd hurt her. He moved to take a light grasp of her hand, shaking his head. "You shouldn't do this on your own. It's not like you put them on on your own, right? There's usually special methods for everything."

Sierra shrugged.
All the nails were off now.
"They were coming off anyway.. And I'm sick of them."
She wasn't wearing her makeup much anymore, and the tan she had was fake, so it was basically gone too.
She looked like a human again.

"I don't want to be fake out here.. I love it here, it's real, and I want to be real too."
She looked up at him- he was still holding her hand. She grasped his back.

Conan's frustration faded slightly. He was generally a rough person, but he meant well, and it seemed easy to note that he was feeling more comfortable now with her based on the last statement.

"You shouldn't have to be fake anywhere. Each place is a real place, it's just different. It's easier on the body if you stay yourself too. Using all that stuff that covers you up isn't healthy. Unless you get the special stuff that no one really notices anyway because it's mostly a mineral mask, it has a lot of chemicals that can cause irritation and hurt your health." He looked at her, adding, "And you can take care of your nails easily enough with just some of that polish stuff, which makes them stronger too. I'm surprised you don't lose your actual nails with that glued on stuff."

He turned to work with one of the animals again. "I'll teach you to ride after we finish here. Well, unless you wanted to play with the chickens. They're expecting you, but they'll wait."

Sierra laughed.
"I'll play with the chickens. I love them."

Being here really made her different, her eyes sparkled, and she looked healthy.
She was happy.

Her healthy appearance and generally cheerful nature made him both happy and concerned. Which was the real Sierra? She'd changed her general actions and persona rather fast, so he was wondering what was an act and what was real. However, it was in his nature to give people at least a chance. So he'd do so, even if he was still rough about it in the process. "Well then, let's finish here, then we'll check in with the chickens. I'll teach you to ride after lunch." As he spoke, he was getting close to finishing his work- he was fairly fast and efficient, having done it a long time. He wouldn't admit it, but her help with the horse seemed to be quite useful as well. Once he felt they were done, he took a basket from nearby which had a few animal goods, but had plenty of room for more. Turning to her, he mused, "The coop is close, so let's go ahead there now. Be ready to be bombarded with little birds."

Sierra giggled in delight- she loved chickens.
"I'm so excited." She whispered, looking at him happily.

"And- I know that I seemed pretty fake when I got here. I'm sorry. I feel better without my tan."
She laughed quietly.

He looked at her curiously. "So is this the real you then? To be honest, it's hard to tell which is which when someone changes suddenly so much." He shrugged it off however, beginning to lead the way to the chicken coop. Inside, there were hens of varying colors from white, to brown, to even a few black ones. A couple of roosters sat in the front, seemingly trying to protect the hens and the chicks that had hatched recently, all of whom were otherwise trying to enjoy their meal before the two had come.

When the two entered, one of the roosters started pecking at Conan's sneakers, but he managed to calm it down. Turning to check on the other chickens and the other rooster, he noted that the rest seemed rather calm. "Alright, looks like they're on their best behavior today. As I said, they were excited to meet you. Why don't you play with the chickens while I gather the eggs?"

Sierra followed him, and then smiled when they got to the chicken coop.
She clucked at the chickens, laughing happily as they clucked back curiously.

She gave a few of them small pats, and giggled.
"They're so dang cute."

Her use of the word 'dang' surprised him, causing him to chuckle a bit. "They are. But be careful, 'cause on a bad day they're dangerous. They peck. Hard." He smiled as he worked on collecting the eggs. "You seem more like a natural with farms than originally...Is it possible you've been to a farm before and just are hiding it? Or don't remember?"

"I.. I was on a farm.. when.. I was fourteen.. Um, with my uncle.. B-But let's not talk about that.."

She whispered- the light from her eyes was gone and her skin was pale.

He frowned slightly. "Something happened...That explains a lot." He didn't need her to go into details, as he already had a bad idea in his head, and wanted to avoid it being proven as true. Instead, he shook it off and held out a chick. "Instead of that topic, how about this one? Guess how old this chick is."

Sierra smiled slightly.
"Um, I don't know? Um.. A month?" She said, looking at it happily.

"Well, you're close." He mused, thinking. "That one's Fiona- Sophie named her. She was born two weeks ago." Smiling slightly, he turned over to the feed holder while still holding the baby chick. "Sometimes, when a chick is this young, we'll feed them by hand to give them more interaction. Want to try? It'll tickle though."

Sierra nodded happily, and held out her hand.
"They're so cute!"
She squeaked out, blushing.

He was careful to give her bird feed, before the chick moved to eat from her hand, taking food from her hand into its beak. "I think all animals are cute. Humans included. At least some are."