Cirque du gothique [OC]

I think I forgot to mention that Brare has multiple snakes she'll perform with Dourado is just the oldest and closest to Brare (they're practically partners).

Guys if I don't answer for long time just pm me. Sometimes I don't get the alert but I always get the pm.

Hmm, is this roleplay still accepting characters by chance?

Alright, I know there's bound to be some editing required. I apologize in advance, my muse got away from me and it's been so long since I let it roam I felt too guilty to lock it back up.
blackbird_by_mezamero-d4albr9.jpg

Name: Alexanderia
Name pronunciation: Al-ex-zan-d-ree-ah
Alias/Nickname: Echo, Nightmare
D.O.B: December 12
Role: Security/Sideshow (fill in)
Sexuality: Straight
Blood type: AB-
Ethnics:

Hair color: A faded charcoal grey, not quite black
Hair Style: Mid back length, no bangs or layers
Eye color: Her eyes are black in color save for when she passes through a shadow (see abilities)
Body Type: Ectomorphic; very slender to the point of almost looking unhealthy with delicate bone structure.
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 115 lbs

Markings: Black veins that show through the skin from the center of her chest spreading outwards until it fades near her collar bone and the edge of her ribcage. Does not reach back. Similarly there is a black uneven tinge to the skin around all of her nails (finger and toes alike).
Personality: For the most part Alexandria is a very open person and never bothers to filter any of her reactions. She always has a certain air about her that she is not quite 'here' and is actually floating off somewhere else thinking or dreaming about something completely different. She has never really cared or understood such social rules like 'personal boundaries' and 'human rights' meaning she's bound to get into trouble for snooping or vanishing someone into a shadow because they're being bothersome. She never intentionally hurts anyone save for intruders or threats to the circus (perhaps for people she is close to but she has yet to grow any deep personal ties) who she has no mercy for and her well-hidden vicious side comes out to play. Living proof that not everything innocent is all bunnies and flowers.
Stereo Type: Daydreamer/ Bookworm
--Pops up randomly to comment on something and can usually be found observing others. Has all sorts of
peculiar ideas on things that tend to only make sense to her. Extremely innocent or childlike viewpoints.

Family History: No family BIO available. Her first memories consist of an orphanage.

Personal History: Grew up in orphanage and never quite understood why she was so different. Ended up causing numerous accidents involving children and was sent first to an insane asylum and then to the circus. She actually enjoys being part of the circus for the most part especially because she can shadow jump whenever she pleases.

Abilities: Alexandria has abilities having to do with shadows and the like.

On a physical level, she can make use of any of the shadows cast by non-motile things (Ergo, things that cannot move on their own. ex: Trees, buildings, and clouds are fair game but people and animals are not) to 'jump' from place to place.
---Limit to this is that both the entrance shadow and exit shadow must be in the same area (ex: she can jump
shadows to any place on the second floor of a building but to get to the first floor she would have to jump
shadows down a stairwell and into the next floor).

With the physical attribute of her power she can also 'vanish' people and things into the shadows as well. Of course in doing so limitations come into play as it's against the natural order of things for things and people to dwell in shadow.

1) People cannot be moved between shadows: they must remain within the very shadow they were vanished into. Items can only be moved between shadows if it is carried by her.

2) Expiration times: each thing pulled into shadow has an expiration time. Inanimate objects last longer than people and people last longer than animals.​
Key of Average Expiration:
Money/wood/metal/etc: 2 weeks max
Food/Water/etc: 1 week max
People (Depends strongly on strength of mind): 5 days max
Animals: Hours max​
*Please note that certain side effects may apply and that just because something does not expire does not mean that it necessarily survived, at least in whole.
Side effects include, but are not limited to: Severe mental trauma, insomnia, loss of control of motor functions, atrophy, loss of ability to speak, spots of dead/dying/decaying flesh, dizziness, pneumonia, frostbite, vomiting, and hallucinations.

Alexandria cannot utilize her own shadow to jump or vanish anything but she can use it in one or two ways.
1) Fear Mirror: What a person fears most is reflected onto her shadow and it becomes whatever they see. (Can only be seen by victim effected person and is not tangible, though if the persons mind believes it is certain side effects may occur.)
2) Physically binds a person with shadow: Not a wise choice, as it is a will power vs physical strength ordeal and quite draining on user. She can only stand to do this for two minutes.

Side effect of abilities on her: Every time she passes through a shadow her skin greys and becomes almost translucent and her eyes glow an eerie orange.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, I know there's bound to be some editing required. I apologize in advance, my muse got away from me and it's been so long since I let it roam I felt too guilty to lock it back up.
blackbird_by_mezamero-d4albr9.jpg

Name: Alexanderia
Name pronunciation: Alex-zan-d-ria
Alias/Nickname: Echo, Nightmare
D.O.B: December 12
Role: Security/Sideshow (fill in)
Sexuality: Straight
Blood type: AB-
Ethnics:

Hair color: A faded charcoal grey, not quite black
Hair Style: Mid back length, no bangs or layers
Eye color: Her eyes are black in color save for when she passes through a shadow (see abilities)
Body Type: Ectomorphic; very slender to the point of almost looking unhealthy with delicate bone structure.
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 115 lbs

Markings: Black veins that show through the skin from the center of her chest spreading outwards until it fades near her collar bone and the edge of her ribcage. Does not reach back. Similarly there is a black uneven tinge to the skin around all of her nails (finger and toes alike).
Personality: For the most part Alexandria is a very open person and never bothers to filter any of her reactions. She always has a certain air about her that she is not quite 'here' and is actually floating off somewhere else thinking or dreaming about something completely different. She has never really cared or understood such social rules like 'personal boundaries' and 'human rights' meaning she's bound to get into trouble for snooping or vanishing someone into a shadow because they're being bothersome. She never intentionally hurts anyone save for intruders or threats to the circus (perhaps for people she is close to but she has yet to grow any deep personal ties) who she has no mercy for and her well-hidden vicious side comes out to play. Living proof that not everything innocent is all bunnies and flowers.
Stereo Type: Daydreamer/ Bookworm
--Pops up randomly to comment on something and can usually be found observing others. Has all sorts of
peculiar ideas on things that tend to only make sense to her. Extremely innocent or childlike viewpoints.

Family History: No family BIO available. Her first memories consist of an orphanage.

Personal History: Grew up in orphanage and never quite understood why she was so different. Ended up causing numerous accidents involving children and was sent first to an insane asylum and then to the circus. She actually enjoys being part of the circus for the most part especially because she can shadow jump whenever she pleases.

Abilities: Alexandria has abilities having to do with shadows and the like.

On a physical level, she can make use of any of the shadows cast by non-motile things (Ergo, things that cannot move on their own. ex: Trees, buildings, and clouds are fair game but people and animals are not) to 'jump' from place to place.
---Limit to this is that both the entrance shadow and exit shadow must be in the same area (ex: she can jump
shadows to any place on the second floor of a building but to get to the first floor she would have to jump
shadows down a stairwell and into the next floor).

With the physical attribute of her power she can also 'vanish' people and things into the shadows as well. Of course in doing so limitations come into play as it's against the natural order of things for things and people to dwell in shadow.

1) People cannot be moved between shadows: they must remain within the very shadow they were vanished into. Items can only be moved between shadows if it is carried by her.

2) Expiration times: each thing pulled into shadow has an expiration time. Inanimate objects last longer than people and people last longer than animals.​
Key of Average Expiration:
Money/wood/metal/etc: 2 weeks max
Food/Water/etc: 1 week max
People (Depends strongly on strength of mind): 5 days max
Animals: Hours max​
*Please note that certain side effects may apply and that just because something does not expire does not mean that it necessarily survived, at least in whole.
Side effects include, but are not limited to: Severe mental trauma, insomnia, loss of control of motor functions, atrophy, loss of ability to speak, spots of dead/dying/decaying flesh, dizziness, pneumonia, frostbite, vomiting, and hallucinations.

Alexandria cannot utilize her own shadow to jump or vanish anything but she can use it in one or two ways.
1) Fear Mirror: What a person fears most is reflected onto her shadow and it becomes whatever they see. (Can only be seen by victim effected person and is not tangible, though if the persons mind believes it is certain side effects may occur.)
2) Physically binds a person with shadow: Not a wise choice, as it is a will power vs physical strength ordeal and quite draining on user. She can only stand to do this for two minutes.

Side effect of abilities on her: Every time she passes through a shadow her skin greys and becomes almost translucent and her eyes glow an eerie orange.

All is good just no vanishing people. And if so only for very short time like an hour or less.

Alright, this has been bugging me for a while but I was hoping to see if I could avoid bringing it up if the rp progressed in more detail but it hasn't so I'm going to ask. How exactly is the train set up? Since our characters will be traveling on it for a week in rp time it would be beneficial to know at least the basics. Is it set up similar to a freight? Or a passenger train? Both? I may be a bit slow today but I'm having a little trouble pinpointing players and their movements in accordance with each other and other players aren't acknowledging their presence so it's even more difficult.

My apologies for any inconvenience, I don't mean to be a bother!

Last edited by a moderator:
Think it as both. We for most part are in passenger sections and our own rooms.

Think it as both. We for most part are in passenger sections and our own rooms.
Aa. Understood. Are these rooms on the same segment of train? Or in different segments? And if so, are they separated by any boxcars or clustered together on one side of the train?

Aa. Understood. Are these rooms on the same segment of train? Or in different segments? And if so, are they separated by any boxcars or clustered together on one side of the train?

Rooms are on same segment the things that arent would be the animals or the other circus equipment.

A few questions.
First off, are you still accepting new characters?
And if so, do you just make up your own role? Or do you have specific roles that you want to be filled...?
Lastly, so is everyone supposed to be humans in this RP?
Like, no special powers or anything... or what?

Ah, sorry if all these questions are annoying and that the answers should be obvious... but figured I should double check anyways.