Cirque du gothique (Gothic Circus)

She smiled at him and leaned into him, "The masters are happier with us now. We have heating and cooling and Light!" She giggled cutely before looking at him, "That was really tough first show."

Sophie felt someone watching over her shoulder and it didn't surprise her at all. She nodded at Alexanderia's comment since she was nearly done. "Almost done with everyone's picture. Just have to get the detailing right or else it wouldn't be perfect." She said while finishing her shading. Hearing that their first show didn't go that well and being stuck in a snow storm reminded the girl of all the bad snow storms she was in. "I'm sure you two had plenty of good shows, hopefully no more bad ones after that." She said without looking up from her book. Sophie was almost done with the sketch of birdie during one of her shows.

"Well beating the shit out of the performers was rather enjoyable. Not like I had or have anything better to do. I'm in charge and if the masters want someone beaten guess who has to do it? Me. That's why I don't have emotional attachments to anything other then my violin. Also the reason Birdie doesn't hate me for beating her half to death in the beginning. In truth if you keep them happy you will save yourself pain and my time." He shrugs.

Quil had slid down the wall by the time Jamie had gotten to talking about how he had beaten Birdie in the 'beginning'. Her eyes were closed and she had rested her chin on her knees, drumming her fingers on her ankles. She began to hum a lullaby, a Latin lullaby to be precise. 'Naenia Prima ad Somnum Provocandum', it was called. She hummed it softly, swaying gently and barely noticeably.

"Me and you have been with the show a really long time it seems." She said with a fond smile, even though the beatings flashed thru her mid she never really dwelled on that, she was the happy one of the troop of performers.

Angel slept peacefully, as long as the track was smooth and the noise in the middle car kept down.

Jamie heard a sudden clicking and turned. "I'll be back. " he sighs.

Birdie nodded before taking off her pinned on top hat and ran her hand thru her short white hair. 'So many people have come and gone through this place. I will be here until I die.' She thought sadly.

A grin spread across the teens face and she slid completely out of the shadow. "A picture of everyone?" she repeated. Her skin reverted back to its usual pallor and she collapsed her form to sit cross legged near the girl. "Could you show me? After you're done?" she inquired, finally making use of common courtesy. Her black eyes darted to the paper and then to the performers face but she didn't attempt to take a peak a second time.

Her fingers tapped a furious nonsensical rhythm and she glanced at the pen again.

Slowly, Aquila opened her eyes and stood up. She slipped away as Jamie left, still humming the lullaby. She made her way around the train, to the cart just before the engine, where she twirled around.

"As soon as the shading is finished you can see it." She said while her hands continued to work on the picture. When Sophie felt it was completed she passed it over to the somewhat paitent girl. "All finished." She said with a small smile.

Alexandria grasped the offered item and swiftly pulled it towards her. Her eyes darted rapidly over the depicted scene; once, twice. A smile curled her lips. "It looks brilliant!" she complimented. Her gaze went over the lines again before handing it back. "You should definitely show Birdie and the ringmaster. They'll like it. Unless they don't like pictures in general...then they might not. Or perhaps they could look at it as more of a sketch? But they might not like art in general...that would be unfortunate. I've heard someone say that only the worst of people don't enjoy any sort of art." Her gaze slid to the side and her lips pulled down a bit at the notion before abruptly disappearing. "Nothing ventured nothing gained."

Last edited by a moderator:
After what seemed forever. Jamie came back into the social area of the train. His face was red and cut up along with other parts of his body. He limped slight and even weezed. He looked like shit with cuts and marks all over him. He was rarely seen outside of his room other then telling people what to do, checking on things or the rare accession of being sociable. He let out a groan in pain as he used the train seats as an aid to walk.

Birdie noticed him and squeaked running over to him. "Jay!!" She exclaimed putting his arm over her shoulder and helping him walk. "What happened?" She asked worriedly

Jamie looked at her and shock his head. "No need to worry Birdie. I'll be healed by tomorrow at most." He mutters weakly.

Birdie glared at him lightly, "You always say that Jay, lets get you back to your cabin." She said softly to him.

"Well its true." He chuckles weakly. "Its getting late. Tell everyone to get to sleep." Once in his room he cleans his wounds and lays down. It wasn't long before Birdie left and he fell asleep.

Birdie skipped threw the train telling everyone it was time for bed. She stopped at the car with Alexandria and Sophie in it, "Hello girls Jay has called for bed time."

Angel groaned and faded out of sight. A few minutes later his room door opened and closed, and his bed sunk under his weight. He would spend the rest of the night sleeping invisibly.

Her head whipped around to the door to the car at the words and she shot a smile Birdies way when her eyes came to rest on her form. "Beautiful performance today." She commented. With that, she rose up from her position on the floor and sidled into a nearby shadow. Not waiting for either girl to reply (the artistic one had yet to say anything to her since her one sided debate) she let the shadows take her away.