Cirque du gothique (Gothic Circus)

She put the small bear back into her pocket. She looked up at another act, Angel, the illusionist. "Hiya," she said with a small smile. Quickly, she studied him, noticing the purple streak in his black bangs.

Angel turned and smiled at the escapist, "Hullo dear!" He waved to the other two he had tried to talk to, and leaped off the crates to land in front of her. He fanned out his cards and asked her to pick one, with a grin on his face and a twinkle in his eye as he looked her up and down.

She smirked as he asked her to pick a card. Chuckling slightly, she reached out and picked a card, studying it. "Oldest trick in the book, Mister Better-Than-A-Magician," she joked.

Angel closed the rest of the cards and asked her what card she got. "I assure you this is no trick."

Now grinning, Quil looked down, "Rex ligones. King of Spades." She looked closer, "Yup. King o' Spades."

Angel nodded, "Thanks dearie." He plucked the card out of her grasp with gloved fingers. Flicking his hair out of his eyes and slid it back into the deck and pocketed it. "Ya nervous about going out there?"

She laughed. "Nice." When he asked her about if she was nervous, she nodded. "Yeah.. Yeah. It feels.. Alienum. Strange. But, I'd prefer this to what happened to my sister Bellona."

"What happened to your sister?" He leaned against a post and rested his head on it.

"We came from poor family," She often missed out the 'a' before a noun, unintentionally, "so to make money, my aunt made her go into business. The business of meretricibus. Prostitutes. One night, we were walking past her workplace. We saw, through an open window, her master. He beat her to death. She was twelve." She shrugged. Her eyes showed no pain, no emotion at all.

Angel sucked air in through his teeth. "The world is a messed up place." He shook his head and frowned, "Now I regret asking." He closes his eyes and sighs.

"It is," she agreed. "Don't. You didn't know, I guess you do now, though. That's the entire reason I ended up here in the first place. To escape," she laughed slightly, at her unintended pun, "From the crazy shit that is, was, my family."

Angel nodded, eyes still closed. "My own family sold me into the circus." He smiled and opened his eyes, they glowed and he said, "But at least I get to meet people like you."

She smiled, nudging him with her shoulder. "Families suck. Major." She leant against the wall. "I wonder what it's like, not.. being a lusus naturae. Sorry. A freak. It sounds better in Latin. Not as.. Harsh."

Angel shrugs, "Look at the people out there, disgusting, discriminatory, but they can do what they want." He crosses his arms and shrugs again, "I don't know though."

"Haerent omnes asinos." She agreed, "They're all asses. Life as a freak.. It's pretty freaky. But I bet it's better than this modern world they live in." She re-plaited her hair as she spoke.

Angel nodded, "That may be." He waved a hand as he turned and walked off "Good luck with your performance."

"Thanks," she called, "You too." She smiled to herself, before studying the handcuff tattoo on her arm.

Not only were things lively on stage but behind it as well. There wasn't much else to do as of now, considering her act was over. Sophia left the back stage and made her way to a mirror. She woped off all of the make up and did something simplier. Because it was still early in the day they may be out there doing smaller acts to entertain the crowd. Plus she didn't know if there will be another show that night. For now Sophia was able to get her hidden book that was taped under the table. She was in the middle of drawing everyone as they were. But wasn't finished with all of them yet. She only had almost everyone except a few. Sophia didn't actally asked for anyone to pose. She sorta watched them and pretty much drew from memory. This was the one time someone stayed still. It didn't really seemed to bother anyone.

Quil sat atop a table, far away from most but close enough to know what was going on. She finished buttoning up her boots, knee high military style shoes, in brown, that fitted her feet rather well. She turned her plaited hair into a plait-bun (http://slodive.com/inspiration/black-braid-hairstyles/ Summer Bands minus the chopstick), then tied a yellow ribbon around the waist of her beige jumpsuit and sat up straight with a flourish. Aquila eyed the crowd, spotting Sophia, the contortionist. She enjoyed her act, watching as her body twisted and turned, as amazed as the audience. Ok, so the circus isn't that bad. The acts, at least. The actual place is a living hell.. She thought to herself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jamie said his his spot above the ring peering down at the preformers. The show was close to it end. His short Platinum hair blew in the breeze. This was the last act of the night and after this things needed to be backed up and they would travel once more. "Make this show worth it." He mutter watching the final performer. After the performer finished everyone got on stage and Jamie jumped down. They took a bow and thanked the audience before everyone left. "Get to work. We need to clear as much as we can out before midnight." Jamie says pulling off his hat and wig. Underneath his platinum hair that was short in the back and long in the front he had long black hair.

IMG_20141214_112438.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: