♦♛♦ Cirque De Mortifica' ♦♛♦

Status
Not open for further replies.
346365_1097471.jpg

Top of the train.
Childish.

The cold fast breeze of the air that was conducted by the moving train was very, very, VERY relaxing. Margaux made no comeback to Morticia's little tease, instead, she played along with it. "Please do." And like that, most of the crew went back into the train for a well-deserved rest. Except for a particular one. One the female ringleader had never seen before. The figure was on its knees with its hands clasped together in fright and agony. Was she really THAT scary? Margaux crawled on all fours to get a closer look at the begging figure in the night. It was a creature, with claws. So fascinating. But the begging was way too much. Post begging, he began to ask about joining the circus, but his cries were the only thing on her mind at the moment.
"Oh shut up. Quit your begging alrea--- Wait, what? You want to join Cirque De Mortifica'?"
Just like that, Mar started to crawl around the stranger like a little baby, eyeing the creature up and down in analyzation. She was struggling just a bit with her movements, as the train was surely going at a pretty fast speed, so she fumbled in a circle, bumping into the creature just on occasion. Somehow, it was funny to the female, so she began to giggle tremendously, tripping over herself even more now. Mar felt like a child, so she began to turn into one. Her height began to shrink and her facial features began to morph into someone COMPLETELY younger. Margaux looked about seven now.
Aryana-as-Max-in-Orphan-aryana-engineer-18911512-400-266.jpg

Right after she turned into a child, she saw her husband on the roof. Margaux held her arm out, wiggling her fingers around excitedly, one, because she wanted to hold his hand, and two, because she wanted to share the news.

"Thomas! Were you here to hear it? This man wants to join the circus!"
Her voice was high pitched and quite cute due to the excitement in her tone. Before long, the child snapped her head towards the stranger, eyeing him with a fearful and commanding glare, but it looked so cute, because she was a tiny little baby child. Someone could never take her seriously when she was like this.
"What's your name? And what can you do that could even POSSIBLY make us consider you a member of Cirque De Mortifica?"

@Crono@Ali

• Love
Reactions: Ali
Untitled.png

NAME: Morticia Crevan
MOOD: A bit mad and irritated, but still crazy as always

Morticia ignored all the sounds around her and crossed her arms around her chest, her palms touching her shoulders. She only got a few hours left before they arrived at their destination and she wanted the rest of her time sleeping and dreaming about the souls stored in her ring. Oh, how nice to replay all their screams and reactions before reaping their souls. It's both a dream and a nightmare~ This is what Morticia thinks about whenever she's going to sleep: Death or the souls she reaped.

As she began to fall on her deep slumber, she can hear her coffin lid being pried open and upon hearing a male's voice, Morticia quickly snapped open her green eyes that's now filled with irritation and madness. All she wanted is to get some decent sleep. Is that too much to ask? Smiling very, very creepy, Mortica quickly grabbed Nico's hand and pulled him inside the coffin. If he's going to play hide and seek, he should also be hiding right? The lid then closed atop of them, trapping them inside. "My~ I wasn't expecting such a kid like you to assault me while I sleep~" she teased. The coffin was only made to fit one so their bodies are extremely close with Nico's face buried deep in Morticia's well endowed chest, not that she minds it. She was a bit mad and irritated that someone wake her up again, but maybe it only means that she shouldn't sleep. Maybe the souls she reaped doesn't want to talk to her for now?

Morticia then stayed inside the coffin for a while, wrapping her arms tighter around Nico and trying to suffocate him with her breasts but eventually, she let him go. The ring master would be mad at her if she killed one of their acrobats. She then pushed Nico out of the coffin before knocking on Mina's coffin. "Mina, be a dear and tell your brother that I won't be merciful next time he tried to wake me up, okay?~ I may be dead but I still need sleep, you know~"

On her way out of her compartment, she tipped her hat upon seeing Mr. T's shadow, a custom or habit she does whenever she sees him or even his shadow. The others find her odd for knowing everyone even by just their shadows, but she didn't mind. Motticia is creepy after all. Smiling to herself she heard Ms. Margaux calling for her husband which made her giggle a little. Right on cue, Ms. Margaux, and I was thinking about having a nice chat with Mr. T. Well, not that I don't want his arms around me but.. as I guessed, Ms. Margaux is watching. Better do it some other time~ She then curtsied before heading towards the kitchen, looking for something to drink.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ali and Jihae

ZoyWgkt.png

{ Prince Ashworth }
`Location: On the way to the Kitchen◞ ♦ `Mood: Neutral◞

Apparently, Prince wasn't the only who thought about heading off to the kitchen. He saw the circus doctor, Morticia Crevan, traversing the same hall and seemingly heading the same direction as him. Wondering if the woman was indeed the same direction, he walked up to her to ask. Prince gave Morticia a small wave before tilting his head to the side and gave her a 'questioning look'. He then reverted back to his regular expression and pointed an index finger at her; 'you'. Prince then looked towards the direction of the kitchen and directed his pointed finger at it.

'Are you heading to the kitchen?' was what he tried to ask. Prince could only hope the girl understood; he never was communicating via miming when off stage. In fact, Prince would've probably avoided the encounter and saved him the trouble. What compelled him to attempt to communicate to the girl, Prince didn't know. Though he figures it might have had something to do with him cooping himself up in his cabin for as long as he'd done. After all, one could only seclude himself from everyone else for so long.

Interacted with
Morticia Crevan (DANAsaur)

i3z8k3.png

Nurturing and Happy
Roof Of The Train
48520a37-24cd-4e43-9c25-cd74a7b43fa2.png

T began slandering his way in Margaux's direction, finding his eyes rest on the odd begging man next to her own body. His curiosity peaked immensely as he watched his wife get on all fours, and haphazardly (not to mention clumsily) crawl her way closer to the man in question, or... beast? T wasn't exactly sure how to define such a strange being. As he reared closer to the two, his eyes widened in surprise, before a classic and typical grin pulled high on the Ringleaders lips; Margaux, his generally angsty and rather aloof wife had transformed herself into a child, one T was all too familiar with. Though as a child, Margaux still possessed the intelligence and dexterity of her former and adult self - she just played up the puppy dog eyes T fell for so hard in this form, and it was practically impossible for him to say no to anything she begged of, or even just asked for whilst in this form.
With a sigh of contentment, the tattooed man walked up closer towards Margaux, noticing her little tiny hand reach out, T gripped the small appendage lightly as to not crush her adorable fingers, holding close to the girl. He smiled, feeling a wash of emotions much akin to nurturing come over him - his wife was nothing more than an adorable child to him at this point, and all he felt for her was love. He knelt down in front of the two, eyeing the creature and his wife in her child form.
"Thomas! Were you here to hear it? This man wants to join the circus!" These exasperated and excitable words came from the small girl before him. T simply sat down, watching the two interact, specifically Margaux fumbling up against the man with little to no care for his odd appearance. T then looked to the new-comer, a slight twinge of anger invading his features before it was gone entirely, consumed by the loving nature he had for his wife once more. He looked to the man, "Normally we don't allow stowaways, however, Margaux seems quite adamant and excited with the possibility for a new member to our circus...".

T looked to the little girl, a playful grin growing on his face; he lunged forward, landing on his knees before grasping the girl at her waist and hoisting her up and over his head, gently placing her on his shoulders. "What does it look like from up there Miss M? Do tell!". T's eyes fell from admiring his wife's own child-like nature, back to the man before him.
"What's your name? Or should we just call you Beast? It seems rather fitting with your appearance." T boasted a hearty laugh, thick like his accent; smiling all the while.

Characters Interacted With
@Commander Cheesecake
@Crono

• Love
Reactions: Jihae

[fieldbox="Dolores ♙ Lafayette, Gold, solid, 0, Georgia"][dscroll]
The Acrobat | ☆☆☆☆☆
WITH: Alfie S. Ketell | WHERE?: Inside the Train ; sitting | FEELING?: Drunk, Sad, & Confused

"I CAN'T { CHANGE } THE WAY I FEEL.

I'LL —L I V E» WITH IT INSTEAD.

I'VE ♥•LOVED•♥ YOU THEN, I'LL L♥VE YOU NOW--

I'LL L♥VE YOU WHEN I'M DEAD. "
❧❧❧

"...Why the hell are you naked?" Asked alfie."Nevermind, don't even answer that question. The real question is why are you on the floor?" the male inquired, sitting across from where she originally was on the booster."FREEDOM!" She shouted, placing the wine bottle over the table of sweets and slowly climbing herself up just to sit across from Alfie. He was a special romantic friend of hers, they didn't go out really but they did play 'couple' here and there. Flirting, holding hands, and quick kisses once in a while even. But thats just about as far as it goes--Nothing but 'romantic friends' as Dolores described it. Suddenly she sat up straight again, and eyed the eclairs on his side."I'm soooo confused.." She whispered looking at the table full of desserts, candy, chocolate, and just about any other sweet thing you could think of."Oh my gosh, Alfie...." The girl said as her face contorted into a look that signaled she was about to cry any second now. She took an arm out from under the blanket, while the other one remained inside and placed it over her forehead as she leaned over the table."I am so confused..." She shook her head with worry."Oh my god--The show is tonight... And i am a wreck!" She said rather worriedly."My hair... My clothes--And.. And.." Dolores' eyes watered."I have a headache and i'm dying..." She yelped quietly crying to herself."Margaux is going to kill me." She uttered brokenly, pronouncing Margaux's name wrong."Ahhhhh...." She lowly screamed to herself."I have a headache and i'm dying." She repeated through her sobs.

The girl looked down at her pie and grabbed the fork she had before, reaching for the chocolate cake in front of Alfie and slicing a piece with the fork, pointing it at him."Want some?" She asked wiping her tears away and smiling."We can get.. Chocolate wasted together!" She gasped as the fork was facing him.
[/dscroll][/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: Ali and T E R R O R
Untitled.png

MOOD: playful and mischievous with a dash of crazy

Morticia eyed the mime curiously, giggling to herself as she tries to decode his hand gestures. Its been a long time since she'd seen Prince and she finds it terribly funny that he's not speaking to her. "My dear Prince, don't tell me your tongue fell off while you were hiding in your cabin?" she asked with a hint of amusement in her voice. The last time she'd seen him was months ago when she had a general check up to the circus performers. Since then, she thought Prince went misssing, or better yet, went dead.

"Ahh, such a shame to see you alive and kicking. I was hoping that you're dead, but.." she then took a step forward and let her hand rest on his chest, his other hand slowly creeping up to his face until she's cupping his cheek, her eyes staring intensely at him. She was standing at the tip of her toes, but she didn't mind. "...wishes don't come true, do they?" she continued on, pushing him towards a wall and trapping him with her body. Oh boy~ Its so fun to tease people. Especially the silent ones. "No matter, I'm sure your soul will be incredibly delicious once you've died. I can see it in your eyes.~" she cooed, finally pushing away from him and letting out a loud, hysterical giggle. Morticia thinks that those who stays quiet knows a lot of secrets and hides them until it lingers to their souls. Ah, how delicious his soul would be! I bet it will be as dark as obsidian. Oh~ just thinking about his soul makes me hungry!

Morticia then remembered the question, or rather, the gestures he's making earlier. He was pointing at her and then to the kitchen so it only means one thing. "Yes, I'm heading to the kitchen to get something to drink.. Maybe something to eat too. Want to accompany me, my dear? Or would you prefer me to eat you?~" she teased, her eyes twinkling with mischief and delight. If she's not getting any sleep then it would be better if she had a little fun, starting with Prince.

The Twins

ps03.jpg

Nico

"Oh...Woops! Sorry Mortic--!"

Smiling very, very creepy, Mortica quickly grabbed Nico's hand and pulled him inside the coffin. Nico heard the lid close over both of them, trapping him inside. "Ummm...."

"My~ I wasn't expecting such a kid like you to assault me while I sleep~" she teased. The coffin was only made to fit one so their bodies are extremely close with Nico's face buried deep in Morticia's well endowed chest.

"Morticia, I had no idea we were so close." Nico bantered back, his voice muffled by her clevage. Morticia wrapped her arms tighter around Nico and squeezed him in a suffocating manner. "You know, the thing about hide and seek is that somone has to do the seeking..." His voice trailed off as he fought for air. Breasts were a positive thing but at the moment they were doing the opposite of livening him up. Then suddenly he was assulted by dim light and fresh air as Morticia vaulted Nico out of her coffin. Stronger than she looks...

Tap, tap, tap. "Mina, be a dear and tell your brother that I won't be merciful next time he tried to wake me up, okay?~ I may be dead but I still need sleep, you know~"

Nico was gratefull that the candels were so dim because he was feeling rather warm and flushed.

Mina

"A-ha! Oh...Woops! Sorry Mortic--!"

Giggle.

Swoosh.

THUNK.

Mina arose from her own coffin just in time to see Mortica closing the lid over Morticia and Nico. Mina giggled herself. This was perfect. As silently as she could she slipped out out of her coffin and slid the lid tightly in place. She scurried over to the corner and hid among the darkness and Morticia's clutter. It was time to turn the tables, or should she say...coffins. Mina carefully wrapped Nadya's scarf around her head and face, leaving just her eyes peeking out the top and hair out the bottom. She then grabbed the closest item to her, a skull.

The coffin lid shot off with Nico close behind it. Morticia slid out gracefuly and creeply. Tap, tap, tap. "Mina, be a dear and tell your brother that I won't be merciful next time he tried to wake me up, okay?~ I may be dead but I still need sleep, you know~"

Silence. No voice or movement came from the coffin.

"AHHHHHAHHHHAHH!" Mina did her best impression of a witchy, demonic scream. Nico turned around in fright just in time to see a gypsy like figure with a skull for a face jumping out of the darkness and womping right into him.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh!" Nico yelled himself, soundling truly frightened. His eyes widened and he landed flat on his back with the skull face gypsy inches from his own face. Then skull face started laughing, an impossible feat for anyone who did not possess vocal chords. Mina pulled the scarf away and the skull tumbled down.

"HAHA! I got you SO good! I win, I win!" she grinned devilishly.

"Have you forgotten that I was the one who was suppose to be seeking?" he said condesendingly.

"Well you were the one who switched to hideing!" Mina looked toward Morticia. "See, Morty, I told you it would be fun to play!"

"You roped her into this?" Nico sounded both disbeliving and impressed. He switched his voice to a low, evil growl. "You both will paaaaay...Starting with YOU!" He grabbed his sister and began tickling her mercilicly. Mina yelled and fell over backwards.

Mina inched away from her brother and looked toward Morticia for back up, but she was alreeady gone. Mina picked up the gypsy scarf and replaced Morticia's skull. "Well, what now?"

Nico shrugged. "Let's see if my cabin is vacant." The last he had checked Dactrin had been his rooms' only occupant and had been fast asleep. "Maybe we can play cards."

• Love
Reactions: Justin and Ali

ZoyWgkt.png

{ Prince Ashworth }
`Location: On the way to the Kitchen◞ ♦ `Mood: Flustered → Somewhat Calm◞

Prince stared at Morticia wondering if she was serious about him 'losing his tongue', he was a mime after all. He couldn't remember if he'd used his voice at all since he arrived. As far as he could recall, he didn't. Then again, it has been a while since he's encountered Morticia seeing as he preferred to stay in his cabin during his spare time. There weren't many places inside the train that Prince could scurry into due to still having only a level 1 dog tag. It wasn't like he was the adventurous type anyway. The only places he recalls ever going to are his cabin and the kitchen for food, tea and the occasional coffee.

"Ahh, such a shame to see you alive and kicking. I was hoping that you're dead, but.." he heard her say before moving in closer to him. The proximity was bordering what Prince deemed to be an 'alright' closeness. As Morticia placed a hand on his chest and another one to cup his face, Prince began fluster. Her eyes made contact with his own. Green to blue and blue to green. He knew he could've always looked away, but a part of him didn't want to. The intensity in her eyes captured his attention; he couldn't look away. "...wishes don't come true, do they?" Prince shook his head at the statement as he began to walk backwards, led by Morticia, ill he felt his back hit the wall. He was trapped now. His heartbeat, which he knew Morticia could feel but hoped she wouldn't point out, increased in pace. It was like he was running a marathon. "No matter, I'm sure your soul will be incredibly delicious once you've died. I can see it in your eyes.~" Her last statement sent a shiver down his spine. Finally Morticia backed away, releasing Prince from the uncomfortable and awkward position he found himself in. As soon as she did, he let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding.

The girl was toying with him; he huffed with indignation at the realization. Perhaps Morticia didn't understand what it was he was trying to say. Before he could proceed to trying different actions in hopes he'd get it right the second time around, the girl answered his unvoiced question. It sent a wave of relief through his body. Though he didn't appreciate the last remark Prince nodded his head in response to the question preceding it. In a rather gentlemanly fashion, Prince offered his arm to Morticia. Company along the way was very much appreciated.

Interacted with
Morticia Crevan (@DANAsaur)

• Love
Untitled.png

MOOD: ecstatic and deranged

Morticia giggled to herself as Prince offered her his arm. "My, what a gentleman you are." she giggled before giving him a curtsy, tipping him her her hat and linking her arm with his. She finds it quite funny that she's playing along with the mime. Well, not that she got anything else better to do.

Upon arriving at the kitchen, Morticia quickly let go of him and ran towards the stove, excited to brew some tea. "Ah, a freshly brewed cup of tea is perfect for this wonderful night, don't you think?" she asked the mime as she took out a cremation urn from the cupboards and scooped some of her special blend, smiling like crazy. "Hehe~ would you like to try my special blend, love? Its Earl Gray with powdered human bones and blood droplets."

Morticia has a peculiar taste when it comes to food. She does eat normal human food, but since she's been a grim reaper for God knows how long, she developed a really distinct palate that no one can ever understand. As she heard the kettle whistle, she quickly grabbed her favorite beakers and made tea for the two of them, her creepy smile never leaving her face.

"Tada!~ Tea is served." she exclaimed excitedly, setting the beakers on the table with a smile. "Oh, don't worry, love. I haven't stored dead people's organs in these beakers for..hmm.. two days?" Morticia said to herself, thinking if it really was two days. She always used the beakers she had on her clinic as her tea cups. It just sort of became a habit of hers, not that everyone is complaining about it. "Hmm.. I'm not really sure. Anyway, come and have a drink~" she offered to Prince as she giggled like crazy.

Sipping the freshly brewed tea, Morticia realized that she's missing something. "Cookies!" she exclaimed, jumping off of her seat and reaching for another urn in the cupboards, setting it on the table as she opened up the lid. "Dog biscuits~ well, not really for dogs since it's my own recipe. Want to try it? It has human blood, bones and organs in it. Ooh~ I'm sure you'll find this very delicious. Come on! Eat~" Morticia then took one of the bone shaped cookies and took a bite of it, savoring its peculiar taste and giggling even more. "Ahh~ its so good!~"

NAME: XAVIER GEMSTONE
MOOD: ENTHUSIASTIC

Xavier had made it inside the train, just before Margaux and T started talking to the screaming guy. His wit and charm got him out another situation...thank the Heavens he was born so smooth. Xavier was in the hall of the train, watching as they flew through England, they would be at their destination soon. Most people were practicing now or doing something else, but Xavier didn't need to practice...he had his routine down exactly. Most of the time he would usually just have new and creative things in his routines, so would be no point of him practicing if he was going to change it in the middle of the show anyway. "Well, great. I thought I was tired, but I'm not." Being a Level One, Xavier didn't have a lot to do or places to explore...he couldn't wait to level up or whatever. After the show, he would take down one of the "jobs", he needed some fun in his life...and the list of people deserved everything coming at them.

While exploring he noticed Mina jumping into one of Tish's coffins, which made him laugh. He watched as Nico came into Tish's room...going to the wrong coffin. Xavier started to crack up laughing as Tish came out her coffin. When that whole fiasco ended, he heard Nico and Mina talk about playing cards. He thought that would be fun, Nico and Mina were the two people he got the closes too, being that they were near the same age and what not. He walked into the room, looking straight at Mina. "I would love to join your game of cards, if you don't mind a third?"

I: @ILovePandas
M: @Commander Cheesecake @Ali @DANAsaur

The Twins
ps03.jpg

"I would love to join your game of cards, if you don't mind a third?"

"Xaaaavierrrr!" Mina darted foward and tugged on Xavier's arm persistantly. "Yes, yes, join us!" Mina smirked, pleased to have him all to herself.

Nico shrugged again. "We wouldn't mind a third." He said as if Xavier had presented him and not his sister with the question. He was indifferent towards Xavier but liked him more than most and Mina seemed to have dubbed the dragon as her new favorite toy.

"Yaaaaaaaay!" Mina took Nico's arm with her spare one so that she was now linking arms with both boys. She did a little hop-skip and began leading the males toward their cabin.

They tiptoed down the corridor after Margaux had yelled at everyone, doing their best to be silent for once. But the twins kept cracking up and giggling at everything particularly when they sneaked past Nadya's comartment and Nico vaulted the promised scarf toward the back of Dactrin's head. The twins bent over double cackling, dragging Xavier dangerously close to the ground with them. Mina towed the two boys into their compartment and slammed the door behind them, safe at last. She fell onto one of the cots with the two boys then released their arms and relaxed her back against the wall of the compartment, feet sticking straight out. Nico shuffled around his things, grabbed a deck of cards and laid it on the cot in front of their trio. "So, what will it be?"

Shuffle, shuffle. Shuffle, shuffle.

Dactrin L. Cooper - Madam Nadezhda's cabin on the train - Calm, At Ease

The edge of Dactrin's lips curled upward at Nadya's laugh, a small smile spreading across his own face as he listened to her soothing voice. Her accent was as enjoyable as her features. His smile faltered though at the mention of his alcohol, his eyes turning to watch her pour them both a cup of her tea. He inwardly and silently agreed with her about the alcohol but said nothing, allowing her to continue on. His drinking habits and poor choices were no secret to the group. Always a multi-tasker, Nadya scribbled a few more notes between her words. His eyes followed her hand as she pointed to her herbs laid out, explaining a bit more to him as to why he should consider taking them. His eyes looked over the different herbs displayed and, to him, they all looked just about the same. He did notice the strong smell wafting from the plants but he wouldn't be able to explain which herb was producing which smell. She was skilled in her work and although he was impressed by Nadya, he was also on edge with her and her gifts. He had no current reason to fear her intentions but he knew everyone in this circus had their own private agenda, himself included. He would always maintain a wariness about his co-workers, alert if anyone should try to turn against him. Madam Nadezhda, performer and herbal scientist, master of calming and alluring others, one of the first to reach out with a friendly gesture to him in this circus, besides Margaux who had brought him on board in the first place as a performer with open arms. If anything he owed Nadya something due to her kindness, a feeling he had for Margaux, grateful for allowing him to join.

With a final flick upwards and a steady catch of the handle, Dactrin pocketed his knife and used his free right hand to reach out and take hold of the black tea Nadya had offered. He raised the cup to his nose and inhaled deeply, allowing his heightened sense of smell to try and detect anything other then what she claimed it to be. He looked at Nadya from over the rim of the cup, eyes twinkling slightly with a grin creeping back to his face. He did not care if she thought he was looking for poison. He knew she had a good head on her shoulders and wouldn't take offense rather, understand his position with possibly a little humor.

Nadya read Dactrin well and tried to verbally reassure him the tea was clean. Taking the chance that there were no odorless herbs present, Dactrin took a small sip, savoring the rich flavor. The warm liquid was comforting as it slid down his throat, soothing him from the inside out. He took another sip from the cup, a bigger one, enjoying the aroma and flavor of the tea.

"What do you say, Dactrin? Would you care for a reading?"

Nadya's familiar offer, one she had tried a couple times before and failed to get him to take. He was a private person and, allowing her to step so close in to his world felt obtrusive. He set the cup down on the table, but before he could even open his mouth to speak, Nadya was right up close to him, her thin hand grasping his chin with a surprising strength. He widened his eyes, staring in to her deep dark orbs set so close to him. His left hand had reflexively moved towards one of his holstered knives but he held himself back and never withdrew it.

"Your eyes tell their own story. If you are not careful they will tell me your deepest darkest secrets." she purred.

A moment of stillness as she stared deeply in to his eyes. He let his eyes shine in their full brightness for her, the light dancing off of the blue hues brilliantly. He had to stop himself as he realized he had reacted for her without thinking. Women in general were a weakness of his but she did something different to him. He blinked, dulled his eyes, and pulled back the moment she let go, clearing his throat as he refocused himself. As long as he could maintain his control he would play her game. If he felt like she was invading him too much he would simply pull back and leave.

Slowly, he lowered himself down in a seat in front of her desk, leaning back in the chair with his arms crossed, waiting for her instructions. "Alright, I give in Nadya." He exhaled softly and gave her a coy side smile. "Let's see what you have to say about my future. I am curious to see just how well you do your job. Just do me a favor, and predict something good, huh?" he joked, as if her work was a choice rather than a gift.

With no sign or reason to distrust her yet he decided to finally allow her to perform her work on him. On their last performance he had bought a small silver dollar coin; he kept this coin in his top dresser drawer, ready to pocket it at any moment. If Nadya gave him any reason to distrust her he would not hesitate to use this. He made a mental note to search for a pure silver blade on their next outing as well, just in case.

@ILovePandas
@Commander Cheesecake

Attachments

• knifethrower22.jpg
    knifethrower22.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 76
  • sippingtea.png
    sippingtea.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 76
  • smirk.png
    smirk.png
    197.2 KB · Views: 76
image.jpg
- Name: Nexxus "Nexx" Amadeus
- Mood: Nervous and confused

The woman's words were met with instant obedience. Nexx silenced himself and sat up straight. His one functional eye followed the strange woman as she circled him on all fours as his other one, slashed though with a black scar, stared off into nothing. Every time she bumped into him the creature moved to help upright her, until she turned into a small girl.

"Umm..." Nexx felt entitled to inform the woman and was about to do so when a man he recognized as the other leader of the circus walked up. The girl who was a woman (or was it a woman who was really a girl?) told the man about him wanting to join, at which he smiled with his sharp, jagged teeth and waved to the man. "Hi."

What those two shared just then reminded Nexx of Emma. Oh no, Emma. Not dead. Not dead. Couldn't happen. A sharp sting in the front of his cranium, he held it with one clawed hand before he was snapped out of his thoughts by the two speaking to him.

"Uh... I'm Nexx. But you can call me Beast if you want to, it's just..." Sort of mean. Nexx reached to his back as if trying to get an itch, and retrieved a file folder marked, "Patient 101." "I'm not good at talking. I hope this will tell you what you want to know. I'll wait here if you want to read it in your monster." He pat the top of the long beast and held out the folder to the man, exposing a bloodstain in the corner.

image.jpg

Name - Callic Mac Williams
Location - Conductor's Cabin, Inside of Train
Mood - Humorous

"Sir, so long as yer paying me, your not a goofball in my opinion." Callic scoffed, sending a lazy ball of smoke floating upward to flatten and dissipate on the ceiling. She took her normal position when speaking to superiors, leaning on the engine in a way that said, 'your my boss but you still can't touch it.' There was no offense meant, T, being one of the few people on her train who she truly trusted, had nothing but respect from her.

The conductor nodded at his next words. "Yessuh. Will do." Callic nodded and watched as he climbed out of a window without another word. She clapped her hand to her head, there was a emergency exit two feet away. Ah well, never will truly understand that guy any way. She chose to keep the window open and slowly turned a large lever, gradually increasing the train's speed.

346365_1097471.jpg

Roof of the Train.
High on Wind.

Once her husband grasped her hand she clung to his leg, snuggling it a little. She knew that a lot of people were going to make fun of her adorable demeanor later, but she didn't care. It was probably the fast paced wind that made her act like a child running on six cans of Dr. Pepper on a Saturday night.
When the child mentioned the possibility of a new member joining the circus, she looked up, only to find her dearest in a brief state of anger. The tilt of her head didn't stay too long to see T's expression change, as she moved her head to nuzzle against the tall man's legs.
Soon after, Mar let go and continued to wibbly wobble around in a circle, surrounding the beast until she was swooped up and put on T's shoulder. She squealed in excitement, as all young children do when being swept up by someone they care about. "What does it look like up there Miss M? Do tell!" The little ringleader held on to the other with a firm grip, looking out into the fast-moving area to try and answer his question. The look on her face was filled with wonder, like she was a baby that just came out of a womb, with her first sight ever being adorable giggling octuplet babies in space, bouncing around in zero gravity like a popcorn air popper. The female ringleader reached her index finger out and pointed at the whizz of landscape moving too fast for her eyes to comprehend. The only sounds that came out of her mouth were small gasps and giggles that the wind picked up and blew away, making them almost inaudible to the people below her.
Margaux then proceeded to crane her neck closer to her husband's face, at the same time he burst into a buoyant laughter. T's laugh made Mar laugh for absolutely no reason. Maybe it was just the wind.
Then, Margaux decided to do something completely random, but necessary. Margaux pushed a Quiet Coyote towards her husband's lips, followed by a sinister, "Shhhh.." The female ringleader snapped her head to the side, in perfect alignment with Thomas' ear. She began to whisper, clearly loud enough for the stranger to hear. "Are we gonna tell him about the killings?" Mar said this with a chime in her tone, it was almost maniacal. She turned her neck around to face the "Beast" and shot him a smile that was not meant for a child. Margaux moved her Quiet Coyote gesture towards the stranger and also gave him a small, "Shhhhhh.."

Just because she was cute and cuddly only made her ten times more creepier when she needs to be.
Post sadistic child mode, Margaux was engulfed with the love she had for her husband. She doesn't usually feel like this, but the day was going fairly well in her favor, so she might as well savor it. Margaux then proceeded to.. Well.. Nibble on the ringleader's ear quite gently. Only because she was hungry. Not because she was feeling lust. She was a child for gods sake.
Looking towards the newly named Beast she smiled at him with her eyes before he pulled out a folder. The child stopped nibbling and gasped in curiosity. She held her head up high, like she was high and mighty, reached out, and grabbed the folder before her lover could take it.

"Well, Patient number 101. Nexx. Beast. You're so full of names it's ridiculous. I'm sure we will look this over in an instant. Thank you for your uhm.. Time."
@Ali@Crono

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Blox, Crono and Ali

[fieldbox="Alfie S. Ketell, brown, dotted"]
Area with Dolores|Neutral
▂ ▃ ▄
tumblr_n2t3yjS2XA1rtjkxko1_250.gif
♢​
tumblr_n2t42ntXUt1rtjkxko6_250.gif
▄ ▃ ▂

#470c61
♢​♢​♢​♢​
Alfie sighed and ran a hand through his hair then over his face before looking at Dolores again, she was in one of her weird moods again. He grunted and took the wine bottle away from her, not like there was anything still remaining inside of it anyway. He sat it next to him on the other side and looked at her while his hand was in his hand and arm propped up on the edge of the table. She confused him sometimes simply because he didn't know what they were to each other. Sometimes she would act like he was her boyfriend or something, but then she would start acting as if they were just friends...maybe even rivals at times. He didn't understand her and even if he want to, he had a feeling that he would just fail. "Confused about what...?" he asked her raising an eyebrow. She took a while to answer, but it wasn't the answer he was looking for. "Wha...?" he sat up straight and tilted his head a bit trying to figure out what was wrong with her. Oh, that was right, the female was drunk and out of her mind. He smirked at her and listened to her freak out about her appearance and how one of the leaders were going to jump on her for that. So she had a headache to? Well, he thought about it for a moment and decided that he would just be nice enough to heal her. Taking his hand, he pressed it up against her forehead a little while letting a bright light glow from his hands before he moved it away. "There, now stop acting so god damn weird." he told her bluntly. She then began to search on the table for a dessert to eat, nothing wrong here..so he must have worked, at least he hoped. He sighed and decided to eat the piece that she offered him while glancing at her for a few moments. "You should at least get some clothing on though. Not that i'm complaining, but seriously.." he said truthfully.
[/fieldbox]

Mentioned: Dolores
Interactions: Dolores @N/A

Last edited:
  • Love
OC: Loooong post here. The plot point involving Captain Guryon Boswell (The One Eyed Pirate), Wolfgang (Callic's father) and Alessandro (The Twin's Uncle) Is in the very last post by Nadya.

Joint Post Between
Blox & ILovePandas

Nadya & Dactrin

Nadya

Nadya smiled smugly. At last he'd given in to her. Nadya finished the last of her tea then cleared her desk of unnessicary clutter. She reached up on a shelf and pulled out an ordanary wooden box. She placed it on the desk. Inside the box was a set of cards resting on velvet lining. It was accompanied by various gemstones. Nadya closed the box and and carefully pushed it aside. She held her hands out palms up on the table in front of them, inviting him to do the same.

"Let's start with the palm reading." She prompted.

Dactrin

Dactrin's eyes followed Nadya's delicate hands as she swept away her items, clearing the table between them. He could tell she was excited, probably feeling like she won the stand off, which she essentially did. When Nadya placed the box of cards on the desk Dactrin leaned forward, unfolding his arms to get a better view of the items inside. He looked over the curious looking cards and gemstones held within. They had an essence of history about them, as if they had been used many times across many lands with a myriad of different people. Dactrin's previous misconceptions of Nadya's validity were slowly starting to fade away. "Let's do this" Dactrin said softly, laying his arms down on the table in front of her, palms up, mimicking her move. He looked her in the eyes, his curiosity starting to rise.

Nadya

Nadya looked back into his eyes, pleased at his change in mood. He was going to make this much more exciting. She was glad to be in her element once more. Nadya slowly took his hands in her own, getting a feel for them, then looked down at them. She took his dominant hand in her own two and pulled it closer to her eyes and the candle light.

Nadya traced one finger over his head line. It was a short line which ended near the center of his palm. She mulled over it for a second, continuing to trace over the line with her finger as she tilted it closer to the candle light. Nadya spoke, "With a quick and focused mind like your's, it's no wonder you throw your knives with such speed and acurcy."

Next was the heart line: again, it was a short line, straight, and ending between his middle and index fingers. "I see you are a free spirit, Dactrin. I like a free spirit. I'd say you need your space and freedom and don't like to weigh yourself down by getting attached to others. But don't let that discourage you from any relationshps. You do and can love deeply, but you show this through your actions rather than words. On that note..." Nayda paused and looked at his other hand. The line was different here, long and curved, arcing up and reaching the base of his middle finger, indicating something different. "Your passions and desires drive you, that is clear for all to see. You are very passionate and can be loyal when you create a strong bond. But, you fear losing the ones you care about, and so you prevent yourself from forming these strong bonds. I presume this has something to do with your past."

Last but not least was his life line. She took his dominant hand once more. It was somewhat inconclusive, somewhere between long and short, affected by something. Nadya frowned, thinking. She glanced back at his other hand once more but the results were much the same."Hmmmm, this line is muddled somewhat. It's clear you like to stay active in both body and mind, especially when you face troubles which I can see are constantly on your mind. It is clear that by nature you should be a pillar, a rock that others look to and depend on: but are you always? No. Your issue with alcohol is disruptive to your personality, Dactrin."

Dactrin

Dactrin leaned forward slightly when Nadya took his hands within hers. Her touch was soft and smooth in contrast to his, which had a slight roughness from years of knife play despite wearing gloves during his deadly shows. Relaxing his hands within hers now he allowed her to turn them as she pleased, using the light to search for the stories that were etched in the lines of his skin. When she used a finger to trace the lines in his palm he felt a shudder fall down his spine, unsure what caused the feeling.

When finally, Nadya spoke, Dactrin lifted his eyes from her hands to meet hers, grinning softly as she complimented his work. It seemed to be a fairly obvious conclusion of his personality, revealed perhaps from their moments together on and off the stage. He wasn't impressed and more amused, if anything. "I'm impressed already Nadya" Dactrin laughed. "I'll let you work on me any day if it means I'll get compliments like these" he said with a chuckle.

As Nadya continued she spoke of his free spirit, his detachment from others. While he had enough time to get acquainted with most every member of Cirque De Mortifica he didn't remember ever divulging this personal issue of his, nor did he have the time to show this through relationships as he was still getting to know everyone. His grin faltered, his face becoming more serious and attentive though still curious. With no witty come back he said flatly "It's pretty obvious I haven't opened up about my personal life here, but I can be a romantic. Free spirit? Yes. And I don't like people telling me what to do...or what they think will happen." he added the last few words as a small jab to her, a smug look and a smirk laying across his face again. He still wasn't taking her seriously.

When she moved to his other hand he exhaled softly, waiting for her next explanation. At her last words something about his past Dactrin stiffened in his chair, his arm muscles tightening. She would feel his hand twitch with the sudden desire to yank out of her grasp, fingers edging to curl in to a fist. No one knew of his past, not even Margaux. He hadn't felt comfortable enough with anyone to share this painful part of his life, the scars that made his back a disgusting map of marks. He said nothing, unsure what to say in response, the invasive feeling creeping up in his chest. He tried to rationalize to himself her words. Anyone can reference to the past so vaguely. He calmed himself down within seconds and forced his arms to relax again, though his body remained more upright in his chair, stiff.

Nadya moved back to his dominant hand, spending more time this time around with a furrowed look of...frustration? Concentration? Her last revelations brought the tightness in his chest deeper as the feelings of anger and indignation swelled up inside of him. Troubles constantly on his mind? What the hell did Nadya know about my troubles? Nadya's last two sentences broke his silence and his anchor, causing him abruptly jerk his hands away from hers and stand up straight, glaring down at her, seething inside. When he spoke his voice was lower then before, his jaw tight as he seemed to speak in a manner that forced him to control what he would say or do next.

"Do you enjoy making fools out of people, Nadya?" Dactrin snapped, glaring at her. "I'm not another idiot client of yours that you can get away with your normal tricks and gimmicks." His eyes remained locked on hers as he reached behind him, knocking the chair over and sending it tumbling a few feet across the floor behind him. "I'm not going to be blinded by your compliments and praises, only to let you sneak in like a snake with your filthy lies about who you think I am or should be."

His emotions were strained, conflicted because what she spoke of him was true, right down to the alcohol, which was his constant demon.

Nadya

Nadya sat up a little straighter and folded her hands in front of her on the table but but otherwise did not react to his outburst. She was use to this kind of reaction. It was the most common reaction among all. Something about truth frightened people very much and fear made people very angry. She didn't even jump when he defaced her chair.

"The only people who are fools, Dactrin, are those who see the truth and hide from it." She returned his retort with short carfully chosen words, holding her own. She made no physical show of temper as he did, but her eyes blazed with the same hot fire almost as if they were a dark mirror reflecting his own. "As for tricks...do you really think anyone on this train could be a fraud? Hmmmm? That any of us would have gotten where we are today by faking who we are? The banshee, the phycsic twins, the fairy, the demon, the leviathan, the dragon child, the child of death, the simple but essencial human kind, the zombi? Do you accuse them also, or is it just me?" She herself was getting riled but the only physical signs were her firey eyes, her clasped hands with white nuckles, and her voice which was now clearly ssarcstic and as cutting as Dactrin's knives. "Tell me, which of their abilities do you scorn? Or is it only mine? What part of me is it that you so distrust? The woman? The wolf? Or the gypsy?" she hissed, "Yes, that's it clearly my skills are lies simply because you don't like what you heard."

She let the sting fall. He was silent for another second so she continued, this time in a calmer, more even voice as she attempted to point out the phalicies in his thinking. "To condemn anyone of us is to damn us all. We are of the same mold here. There is no judgment among equals. Now!" she changed her tone slightly, reverting back to her buisness like, coy Nadya tone. She tried to ease the tention in the room with her dark voice and and eyes. "What I said just now was purely my opinion but what the cards have to say, and what your palms had to say, is not my opinion or judgment. It is only based on the energy that comes from you, right here, right now. I do not write the signs, i simply have the power to interprt them. What you do then with that knowlege is your own buisness. Nothing is set in stone. Readings are only based on the conflicts occuring within you at this very moment. Only you have to power to make the readings come true, or choose to make your own future." She sat back now in her chair and seemed back to her relaxed and unproturbed self, now that she had let off the steam that Dactrin had sparked.

"So," She continued as if nothing at all had happened. "Would you like to finish the reading?" She gestured to the tarot cards in the velvet linedwooden box.

Dactrin

Dactrin's chest rose and fell as he glared at Nadya, listening to her speak while adrenaline rushed through his veins, pulsating throughout his body like a wild fire. His blue eyes were shining brightly, his Takarin side turned on, and he was ready to react if needed. He had no qualms with taking down a woman, even if she was attractive and enticing. But Nadya did not react the way he expected, which frankly took him off his guard for a moment. His hands curled tightly in to fists as she spoke of their team, how flawed his logic was to think she was the only fake in the group, or perhaps he thought the entire group was a fake. Obviously, if Margaux and Thomas caught word that a team member doubted their show in any manner they would not be happy. And Dactrin wasn't interested in finding out how they would react when they were unhappy with a performer.

His face began to flush, his anger minimized by the sickening realization of the reality of her words. If he was being honest with himself he would agree with her but he was fighting it so hard. Nadya didn't give him much chance though, forcing him to swallow his ego as she verbally assaulted him. She had peeled layers of him that he had kept hidden for so long, leaving him feeling raw, exposed, and too vulnerable. He didn't like what he heard, especially coming from her. And while he didn't usually care what people thought of him, Nadya was someone he did try and put is best foot forward for. The thought of her thinking less of him made his stomach sick. He reacted the way he did because she was right and he hated that truth for what it was.

Dactrin couldn't look away as she continued, her burning eyes locking on him. Already his face was showing signs of giving in. When she finished he lowered his head finally, staring at the ground for a moment, a small sign of his defeat. He could feel her intense stare on him in that quiet moment...patiently but firmly waiting. Dactrin brought both of his hands to his face and wiped them up to his brow and to the sides, trying to clear his head. He looked back up to her when she spoke again, her voice commanding his attention despite the calmness back in her voice.

Nadya spoke of her gift, how the outcome was not final. But despite her explaining how her abilities worked he felt no more comforted. He still felt like he had been skinned. More than that he doubted his ability to change what had been foreseen.

Dactrin's eyes moved to her tarot cards as she pointed them out, looking back to her as she offered for them to continue. It amazed him how calm she remained despite his loss of control with his anger and how she wanted to continue as if nothing had happened. He stared back at her for a moment, brow furrowed, still and silent as he made his decision. His breathing was slowing as he regained his composure, chest rising and falling softly now as his fists began to uncurl.

Was it worth it? Did he want to keep going and learn more about himself or his future when most everything he had heard so far had left him sick to his stomach? He didn't agree to let her perform on him only to have himself possibly ostracized by the revelations. He stared deeply in to her eyes, trying to read her expression. She was not giving him much to go by as she sat quietly and calmly, patiently waiting for his answer. "I'm sorry..."he finally said. His tone was rough but low and much calmer. It was a reluctant, yet honest apology. With that he turned his back to her and walked away.

His shoes padded softly across the train floor, feeling the movement of the cabin as the train rushed forward. Had they picked up speed? After a few feet forward Dactrin stopped, bent over and grabbed the back of the chair that lay on it's side on the floor. He lifted it up right and turned back to Nadya, walking back to her to place the chair where it belonged, upright in front of her table.

He looked at her, his brow furrowed but his face clearly devoid of most of his anger, leaving him with a frustrated and defeated look. He was fucking curious.

Dactrin sat himself back down in the chair and looked to Nadya. "Let's just finish this" he said in a milder tone. What was it about her that made him follow her lead so easily? "I have nothing to hide, Nadya. Do your worst."He didn't smile, he was rather serious, staring at her expectantly. He didn't believe she could think any less of him now unless she happened to see his bare torso, riddled with scars, his back a tortured mass of broken and healed tissue. He doubted she would desire to get to that point after all of this anyway so, really he had nothing to lose. He reminded himself that Nadya had been a constant companion in this circus so far and she deserved more trust than he had been giving her. It frustrated Dactrin, the emotions she ignited inside of him, something no one else in this sick family of performers had managed to do yet. Right now he could feel fear creeping down his spine, crawling across his skin as he stared at the tarot cards set before them.

Nadya

Nadya waved her hand as if shooing a fly, "No need to be sorry. Save your apologies for someone who needs them." This one really was taking her for a ride, jerking her every which way with his torrent of emotions. First nonchalant, then daring, then angry, and now contrite. Nadya guessed that it was indeed his fear of emotions that made him so emotional. She decided, however, to keep that revelation to herself. But ah, to be as free with her emotions as Dactrin was, to feel every sting. However if she had ever allowed herself to be as angry as he had been now, he and half the train might be dead at that moment. She almost envied what he had. This was truly a man's world where women were thought to be inferior, weaker, too emotional. But it was of Nadya's belief that men were the more emotional of the the sexes, hard on the outside but tender within. One only needed to break the outward shell which clearly Nadya had done now completely by accident. Women felt a constant buzz of emotions that they could spill out at will but for men the emotions built up until they burst forward from their chests, overflowing like a dam. It was these concentrated flood of feelings men could feel that gave Nadya her belief.

But now Dactrin was seated again, looking as contrite as dog who had disobeyed it's master. She was use to her customers hanging on her every word, sometimes in delight and sometimes in disgust but she was not use to the loyalty he was portraying. It gave Nadya the feeling that he actually cared about her, about how she felt about him. Was he this way with all of their colleagues, she wondered, or just her? This puppy dog facade was a new display of emotion for him. Yet, he needn't worry. There was definitely more of him she wanted to see. He could never scare her away. But she wondered if she could scare him.

Nadya laughed when he told her to do her worst. "My dear, it does not quite work like that. This time, you will get to ask the question." She held out the magnificent hand painted deck to him, face down. "If you will shuffle several times please, and think of the questions you will want to ask. Oh and Dactrin," reassurance of privacy was something she offered her customers and usually didn't need to bother with her associates but under the circumstances she thought it best to reassure him. "If anyone asks, you were only here for tea." she hinted that she would conveniently forget any questions he asked. She did not want him asking her phony questions just to protect his pride.

"Have you been thinking of your question? Good. Keep shuffling while pondering it. Word it any way you like. Take deep breaths and try to feel at ease. You'll need to be calm for us to gain proper insites. Remember what I told you before, the symbolism of the Tarot can provide an insight into the events and feelings in your life but it provides guidance, not answers, but another perspective on your situation. I think we will use the intermediate spread. Five cards. Lay out the five cards in an upright arc Left to right. Each card will represent your Present Position, your Present Desires, the Unexpected, the Immediate Future and the Outcome, respectively. Now cut the deck and ask your question then lay out the cards face up how I have instructed."

Dactrin

Dactrin tilted his head just slightly when Nadya told him he was now the one to ask questions. He wasn't sure at first what kind of questions he should ask and, as he thought this over, Nadya continued to explain.

At her request to shuffle Dactrin reached forward and grabbed the tarot card deck in his hands, beginning to shuffle them as he continued to think of what he would ask. At the mention of his name he looked back up to her, listening as she ensured his privacy. It was all just her word but he thought she meant it. He definitely did not want anyone else in the group to know the details of what happened between them, his loss of control, his exposure. He would have to rely on her word that their visit would always be simply tea and small talk.

He nodded when she asked about his questions placing the cards face down again as he finished shuffling. Guidance not answers. That sounded an awful like like being told what to do without a true solution. He inhaled through his nose and exhaled softly through parted lips, keeping himself focused on the cards to avoid a rise in his anger as before. Dactrin followed Nadya's instructions, cutting the deck. The most burning questions he could think of, what he wanted to know the most, was first, what had happened to his sister? But asking such a question would reveal a lot about himself and he wasn't sure if he was ready to go down that path with Nadya. Then again, during this reading, he wasn't sure what would come out of all of this. He worded his questions to maintain at least some of his privacy for the moment.

Staring at the cards, Dactrin asked "will I ever see my family again?" This way he might find an answer about his sister as he knew his parents were dead. Nadya didn't know about his family. If she revealed anything about his parents seeing him she was a liar, though she had made it clear this was not possible, or he himself would be dying soon. Dactrin continued Nadya's direction and laid out the cards accordingly. He looked back up to her as it was her turn to interpret them.

Nadya

Nadya laid her forefinger on the first card. "The Devil, upright," She announced. "Your present position. The Devil is an inner force within each of us. He represents our fears, addictions, and other harmful impulses and often reflects actual addictions and dependencies in your life." Nadya decided not to name alcoholism. "He is a master of deception and creates the illusion that you are involuntarily bound to him. A sense of hopelessness can accompany the Devil. You feel despair and have a pessimistic view of life because you feel that so much is outside of your control. You fear the worst, and this means that your fears have a hold over you and prevent you from leading a more fulfilling and optimistic life. However, the figures in this card are free to remove the chains from around their necks, indicating that they have freely given the Devil any power he has over them. Likewise you have the power within to free yourself from the bondage of the Devil."

Nadya looked toward the second card. The Lovers, upright. She folded her hands in front of her. "Your deepest desire...The Lovers, interesting. The bond that the two lovers has created is incredibly strong and is often reflective of very intimate and close relationship. The Lovers can also indicate a very strong sexual connection that goes beyond instant gratification and lust to suggest a very deep desire and passion that exists between two beings. Perhaps your deepest desire is to be to love someone truly, without fear, and to experience intimacy. "

"The unexpected card, The Six of Cups, upright, can represent a return to a familiar environment or to a childhood place. You may return to your home town, to your parents' house or reunite or reconnect with a childhood acquaintance, a past lover or perhaps a long lost family member."

"The Intimidate future, The Knight of swords, reversed, a sudden arrive of a bad man with an evil intention. You are at odds with this man, he is someone from your past, a rouge. His presence is sudden and unexpected If he is hurtling towards you at great speed and you will have little time to prepare for his arrival."

"The outcome..." Nadya's finger touched the final card. "When the Tower card lands in the upright position it forewarns of a sudden crisis, an unseen danger. A destructive or catastrophic influence is at play here. Your Evil Knight surely has something to do with this."

Dactrin

Dactrin watched Nadya begin her work, his eyes dancing between her fingers as she trailed them along the respective cards, to her concentrated face, her intense eyes holding depths of information he was eager to hear.

The first card was the Devil, upright. Dactrin's eye brow raised, unsettled slightly by the impact of the first card, but pushed away by it. The theme of being involuntarily bound intrigued him. He thought of the most obvious demons in his life: alcohol, seclusion, grief. A lack of control was felt in the presence of the Devil, something Dactrin could relate to. And yet with all of his demons, burdens upon his back, he felt as if they were his driving forces in his ultimate goal in life: to seek out the pirate who ripped apart his family and enact his revenge, slowly and mercilessly. It was all connected and, as he kept thinking deeper in to these revelations, he could see how he used alcohol to keep himself both pushed away by others and unable to deeply connect with them either. The alcohol was a catalyst for his reclusive nature, helping him avoid his greatest fear of losing another person he loved. Not allowing someone to love him or himself the desire to love was simply a casualty he had to accept. After so many years of practice, he had become numb to the feeling of loneliness and used alcohol to lift his spirits, distract himself, focus on the present moment of fun and enjoyment, thus perpetuating his vicious cycle. His grief gave him a motivation for pushing forward in life and in his search. His vendetta needed to be fulfilled before he could swiftly let the grief disappear.

Dactrin's eyes had widened just slightly at these inward revelations. He looked to Nadya quizzically, unsure if he was making these deep realizations himself or if she was spurring them with her magic. Perhaps his subconscious had known this all along but he refused to acknowledge it.

Nadya continued to the second card laid out: The Lovers, also upright. He inwardly laughed. He hadn't truly loved someone in a very long time. Ah yes, intimacy. What was that feeling like? He wasn't sure. He found himself staring at Nadya for a bit longer this time before blinking, catching himself and turning his eyes back down to the cards.

The third card was the Six Of Cups, again upright. representing a return to a familiar place or place from childhood. He didn't desire to go back to his family's house. Nothing good would come of it. Reconnect with someone. Who could he reconnect to? His parents were dead. He had no friends that he had kept in contact with, and his sister...well, she was probably dead too. Not knowing what happened to his sister was killing him slowly from the inside out; it was a more poisonous death than his alcohol yet slower, and much more painful. He wasn't expecting to see anyone from his past. He blinked, staring at the card, unsure what to think of it.

The fourth card was focused on next: the Knight of Swords, reversed. She spoke very little, describing someone bad hurdling his way. The one eye pirate was the only bad man in his life he could think of and he didn't think the pirate knew that he was alive. Did this mean he was getting close in finding him? He didn't need much time to prepare. He was ready every day for that moment to arise. he felt uplifted from this card, not intimidated, but also frustrated with how vague it was.

Nadya turned to the last card, which was the Tower card placed upright on the table. A catastrophic disturbance at play. Dactrin could only think that perhaps their next performance would lead him to the scarred, one-eyed pirate. Perhaps the pirate would be in the audience, an oblivious observer, only for Dactrin to recognize him quickly and take him for his next private deathly performance. In his mind he only saw the scenario that made the most sense, the pirate in his near future where he would come upon him. Dactrin wasn't giving it much thought and didn't think of the other situation that could be at play, that the pirate was searching for him, hot on his heels and getting ready to attack Dactrin from an unexpected angle.

When Nadya finished, Dactrin leaned back in the chair, staring at the cards. They had laid out a story of his life quite well. He looked to Nadya and said "I'm impressed." He wasn't joking, he wasn't angry, he face was only strained with thought and some worry, as he had taken her tarot reading to heart. He continued saying "do you have any more information on the reversed Knight of Swords? I'm not sure how this works but, well it's pointing out a lot of possibilities but leaving me with a lot of indirection. I feel even more frustrated with...things in my life...then before we started." He wanted to share his life with her but he was afraid. He looked Nadya in her deep, dark eyes, hoping she would have more for him. If she had a crystal ball, this would have been so much easier. And yet, after so many years of searching, he felt he was much closer then ever to finally getting revenge for his family and...perhaps finding out what happened to his sister.

Nadya

Nadya inclined her head at his praise, placated. She of course appreciated when others appreciated her and her gifts but to her they were not much of a 'studied accomplishment' like in the case of Dactrin's knife discipline, they were just a part of her something she could control about as much as her hair color or gender. It was just who she was and did not require effort on her part. She folded her hands and leaned forward, listening to and understanding his next request. The card reading could leave one often more confused than when they arrived and some additional clarification was usually wanted. Many had not reacted to the card reading as well as he was now though, especially considering his earlier outburst. He seemed to accept it and ponder it but he looked very pained, as if his shell had been cracked even more. Nadya wondered what on earth in his past could merit such passion, or maybe it was simply who he was.

A reserved expression crossed Nadya's face as she briefly avoided eye contact with him for the first time that night. She slowly and gingerly pulled out another velvet lined box, this one was perfectly square. She opened it to reveal a small silk square hiding something circular underneath. "There is one other part to the reading: the crystal ball." Her voice was soft and low, and wary with earnest. "Do not expect some ultimate revelation. The ball does not foretell a detailed future: it is like a door I can open to see into your subconscious. Intimate, yes, but the images I see will be for you only and will mean nothing to me."

After giving her orientation Nadya whipped the small piece of silk away revealing the contents of the box, a crystal ball. It was actually made of quarts and not clear like glass but swirled cloudly and milky. Nadya set it on the table, balanced on its stand. "Now, like I said the ball is like a door into your subconscious, the past present and future. You'll have to relax and open your mind and there is no telling what or if I will see anything." Nadya reached forward and placed her hands on the quartz. She looked deep into the ball, relaxing her own mind. "Now, look into the ball and relax your mind, but think of any questions you wish to voice."

Nadya breathed deeply, inhaling the many sents that filled the close space. Herbs, spices, parchment, dust, tea, the perfume of her hair and the more unfamiliar sent of the man before her. She closed her eyes briefly as she breathed slowly and evenly, steadying her heart and mind. Then her eyes snapped open as she stared into the ball. She could see the bright blue eyes and distorted image of Dactrin's face, inverted from her side of the orb. She began thinking of Dactrin's Knight of Swords just as he must also be doing.

Suddenly, Images began dancing across the round surface, distorted and misty. Then the images began to take shape. A tall, broad shape. A dark, hefty man with only one mean, brown eye. It was a dark night and there were three bodies in a massive pool of blood. Nadya gasped involuntarily at the carnage. Nadya saw them clearly a woman, a man with the same bright blue eyes as Dactrin that were even now fading, and a youth, a young man. And the one eyed man was just leaving the freshly killed body of the youth. Nadya decided to start relaying this information before the images began to fade. "There are three bodies in a pool of blood, a couple and a young man, I can't see his face. But a large man appears to have just killed them. He's very tall and very broad with dark skin and a dark eye--he only has one." Nadya continued as the vision began to progress. "And there is a girl with him now, pretty, light brown hair. She is small and has blue eyes...there is a freckle inside one of them. The man appears to be kidnapping her, at any rate she's trying to resist him." Nadya had no time to stop and ask what this meant to Dactrin because the visions kept changing. "I see another girl, now. No, wait! The very same girl as the first image. She's older now, a blossoming young woman. I see something different about her...she has two long scars, one on her shoulder the other on her back. She is at some public gathering. A market place. There's a crowd... she is dancing to a crowd and the men are ooing and aweing. But she seems to enjoy it. There he is! The same tall one eyed man is behind her." The images began to swirl and shift again and Nadya managed to glance upward at Dactrin's expression. The images changed and zoomed onto the one eyed man. "The one eyed man again! He's...." The image broadened and another figure came into view. "He's....talking to another man. Dark, handsome. Both men look to be in their fourth decade. They are plotting something...something evil..."

Then suddenly a torrent of images hit Nadya like a pile of bricks. The image broadened even more to reveal a third evil plotter, a man with a tall hat and a glass eye, standing away somewhat from the first two. Then she saw something very, very unexpected. The tents and the train and the members of the very circus she was a part of. And then, the three other men, the ones with destructive intentions were there among the circus and its members. She saw the one eyed man attacking Dactrin, the man with the glass eye was on Callic's trail, and the dark handsome man was corralling Mina and Nico. The image flickered and changed once again to show...

All the members of the cirque savaged and bloody, dead in pools of bright blood red. Nadya began to convulse. She tried to let go of the ball but her hands seemed seered to the surface. The image of body's marinated in blood reminded her of the very first image she had seen, the one with the couple and the youth dead in their own blood. And just as if Nadya had summoned the image, it reappeared, even clearer than before. The man and the woman and....the young man. As she looked he sat straight up, clearly alive and not dead as the image had implied before. Then, the young man turned.

Nadya shot upward from her chair and it fell over with the power of her movement. She was gasping for air and she realized that her lungs had stopped working all during the last sequence of images. She stared at the man before her, heaving for air. For his face, just as the face of the young man from the vision, was burned into her eyes and mind. For the face was one and the same, a face she was beginning to become so familiar with.

"Dactrin..."

Last edited by a moderator:
The change in Nadya's demeanor was subtle but Dactrin took notice. His eyes had been so focused on her in this intimate and up close setting that he had begun to take notice of her features even more and all of the exquisite details that lay within. He noticed how smooth and clear her skin was. Her complexion was pure as porcelain and he could begin to see the evidence of her inhuman self.

Dactrin watched as Nadya pulled her eyes away from him for what he believed was the first time as he had always been the one to break the eye contact first. As her demeanor changed, her face tightening in a manner of concentration, she turned to grab something, bringing up to the table a box and setting it in between them.

He leaned forward when she spoke in a softer, lower tone, eager to hear what every word she had to say, a stark difference to how their reading had began. With a flick of her delicate wrist and a silent whip of the satin, the crystal ball was revealed before them. Dactrin's eyes navigated towards the strange yet enticing orb, studying the way the light played within the solid piece. Relax. Open your mind. Ask your questions.

Nadya's eyes were focused on the ball before her. Dactrin turned one last gaze from Nadya back to the ball, fixating his eyes on it as well, putting his full focus and concentration in to it with her. He could almost feel both of their energy in the room. All senses outside of the ball seemed to have faded as Dactrin could no longer notice the sounds of the train, his comrades yelling or laughing, or the air rushing past the windows. It was as if they were in a tunnel and all he could notice was Nadya's controlled, deep breathing. He tried to match hers, inhaling deeply. His mind began to focus on the answers he was looking for. What happened to my sister? Is she alive? Is Shaylyn healthy and safe? If she died, was it quick and painless? Who is the one-eyed pirate that destroyed my family? Is the pirate the the Knight of Swords? Will I find this fucking bottom-feeding shit pile of rocks and get the chance to slowly peel his skin from his muscles, tendons, and bones? He could feel his anger rising again, bubbling from the pit of his empty stomach and burning up through his throat. A vein was tightening at his temple as his blood pressure began to rise once more. As he felt the heat of his anger begin to flush his face, Dactrin noticed how he began to hear the sounds of the train again, subtle and in the distance but closing in, threatening to drown out what Nadya was trying to show him. Afraid to lose the moment, Dactrin put his full focus back to his composure. He took a deep breath through his lips, exhaling through his nose, eyes dilated on the ball before him as it began to shift. The noise of the train dissolved once more as Nadya and Dactrin sat focused as one on the crystal ball, watching images begin to appear.

Dactrin couldn't see anything in the ball. Nadya was already beginning to shift slightly in her seat, a sign that she was seeing something. He was eager to hear what it was and kept his eyes on the ball, trying to maintain his focus on his questions, keeping himself relaxed. Then, in an unexpected moment that broke the stillness, Nadya gasped, causing Dactrin to snap his head up quickly and look at her. She had seen something and he felt his chest tighten with excitement and curiosity. Her eyes were wide, focused, seeing something that appeared to be important, or shocking. Dactrin spoke in almost a whisper, saying "what? What is it? What do you see, Nadya?" At her lack of response, he remembered he needed to stay focused on the crystal ball. He quickly returned his attention back to the orb she held, watching it fiercely as he waited for her to speak.

"There are three bodies in a pool of blood, a couple and a young man, I can't see his face. But a large man appears to have just killed them. He's very tall and very broad with dark skin and a dark eye--he only has one."

Nadya's first sentence brought a cold chill down Dactrin's spine so quickly he let out a small breath of air, disbelief expelled from his slightly parted lips. "How do you...." he started to say, looking back up to her. Her eyes were still wide as she kept talking. Fearing he would disrupt her vision he forced his eyes back to the orb and clenched his jaw, forcing his mouth shut tight as he listened to her continue.

"And there is a girl with him now, pretty, light brown hair. She is small and has blue eyes...there is a freckle inside one of them. The man appears to be kidnapping her, at any rate she's trying to resist him."

Dactrin had only one word in response. "Shaylyn" he said softly, a reflex to Nadya's next description of events that she saw. There was no other way she could have known of this event. Of his sister. It was such an intimate moment in his life that she was bringing up, he felt the most vulnerable he had ever felt. And yet, he felt connected to his sister. As if she was close enough to reach out his hand to her and pull her to him, to safety. He wanted to hide himself from Nadya but his desire to learn more kept him seated, arms on the table now and leaning forward, his blue eyes locked on the crystal. He wished he could see what Nadya was seeing. He wished he could see his sister again. Nadya kept going as if the images she saw were swiftly and constantly changing before her. Her voice was clear but urgent as she tried to get the information out for Dactrin to hear.

"I see another girl, now. No, wait! The very same girl as the first image. She's older now, a blossoming young woman. I see something different about her...she has two long scars, one on her shoulder the other on her back. She is at some public gathering. A market place. There's a crowd... she is dancing to a crowd and the men are ooing and aweing. But she seems to enjoy it. There he is! The same tall one eyed man is behind her."

Dactrin had pulled himself closer. He sat hunched so close over the ball he could have bent an inch or two to kiss it with his lips. He stared in disbelief, in shock, as Nadya spoke of his sister, implying she was alive. She's alive! Nadya spoke of her being with the one-eyed pirate. She was still with that rotten piece of flesh and yet she was ALIVE! Dactrin's eyes were wide, shimmering with emotion as he felt such passionate yearning to see his sister, to know that what Nadya was saying was in fact their reality and not a false hope. If only he could see her as Nadya did.

But Nadya moved on. "The one eyed man again! He's...." "He's....talking to another man. Dark, handsome. Both men look to be in their fourth decade. They are plotting something...something evil..."

Dactrin barely heard what she had said. "Shaylyn!" he cried out loud. "Shaylyn, I'm right here!" Dactrin reached out his hands to the orb as if he were reaching out to grab hold of his sister. His hands cupped the small ball where Nadya's hands weren't touching, leaving all four of their hands on the crystal ball for a brief moment.

Dactrin's eyes blazed with his Takarin blood, shining more vividly then they had ever before, an almost blinding brilliance shining out from his face. His hands felt attached to the ball, as if he couldn't pull himself away even if he wanted to. His back arched, his neck tilted and his face looked up to the ceiling. His lips parted and the view of the train around him seemed to disappear.

A rush of energy shot through Dactrin's veins, pulsating throughout his body, his body trembling that left his chair rocking on it's legs. He felt a shock of slight pain then.....he saw Shaylyn. She was standing before him, smiling brightly, eyes alive, body in tact, and healthy. She was a bit older but still seemed like a child to him, his baby sister. The image of Shaylyn reached out her arms towards him. He thought he could hear her soft, musical voice calling out to him, calling his name, asking him to come to her. "S-Shay" Dactrin muttered through clenched teeth. A tear fell from the corner of his eye, sliding down his cheek, his body still rigid. And in the next moment a burst of energy shot him backwards, hands breaking free from the orb as if some invisible entity had ripped them away. He fell backwards and the chair tilted with him, crashing with him to the hard floor below, one of the legs of the chair breaking under his tumbling weight. The image of his sister was gone.

Dactrin rolled to his side, gasping. He was back in the train. "No...no, no, Shay! SHAY!" He yelled out towards Nadya and the crystal ball, desperate to see her again, desperate to feel the warmth of her body in his arms and to know she was truly alive. He quickly stumbled to his feet, feeling slightly off balance, and looked to Nadya, who was still focused on the orb, as if nothing had happened with him. She was more entranced then he had ever seen her before. What was she seeing? He wondered. He stared down at the orb with her, hoping to help her with the images. But it didn't last long and without warning, Nadya was flung upward from her chair, breaking free from the power of the crystal.

Her dark eyes, still wide, moved to him, staring at him with such an intensity he had never seen or felt before. His chest was rising and falling heavily, hands pressed down on the table as he stared back at her.

She said his name. That was it.

"Nadya..." he said softly, a slight tremble to his voice. "What else did you see?"

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: Jihae and Ali
Madam Nadezhda

"Nadya..." he said softly, a slight tremble to his voice. "What else did you see?"

"I..."Nadya was shocked, stunned, even scared. She, the great diviner and powerful wolf was scared. Never before had she experienced a reading as powerful as that. He had, somehow, inserted his energy into the mix, supercharging the quartz and sending a torrent of visions through her head. What she had seen was...terrible. But the power he had shared with her.... was exhilarating. She was still breathing heavily, the breath moving the hair in front of her face like the wind moved the waves out at sea. They were both leaning heavily on the table that lie between them but it was like no barrier separated them at all. Their fingers, pressed against the wooden surface with the weight of their upper bodys, almost touched. Their faces, filled with the emotions they felt, were inches away from one another and Nadya realized that it was his panting and not her own that disturbed her long, now slightly disheveled hair. Their eyes were the closest of all staring, burning into one another, brilliant blue reflecting deep brown, dark reflecting light. He was staring at her with earnest, longing. Her finger twitched so that the side of her hand was now brushing his. She leaned forward ever so slightly and parted her perfectly sculpted lips...and exhaled sharply. Then with an inhumanly quick motion she withdrew until her back was all the way against the back of the compartment. Her face hardened and one final short cold breath of air escaped her lips before they closed, tightly, pursed. Her dark locks obscured her face, separating them even more, but it was nothing compared to the invisible wall of iron that she allowed to close off her eyes. They were now harder than ever. Unblinking, she opened her lips once again...

"Nothing." the word came out as somewhere between a hiss and a snap. She wasn't sure exactly what had prompted her sudden change of mood. Maybe she didn't want to scare him even more by getting even closer to him? She didn't want to drive him away? But that was nonsense, and she knew it. In that moment he had been more open than ever, hanging on her every word and motion, completely bended to her will. She could have said anything to him, made him do anything as was so often in her power to do. And yet...she withdrew from him in every possible way. Physically and....emotionally. Had she even been close enough emotionalyl to be able to draw away? She pursed her lips even further. Now, it seemed, it was her who was hiding from her emotions, her who was acting like a child. What was it about him that made her react like that? And yet, all those thoughts were suddenly replaced by the remembrance of what she had seen. Carnage, doom, distruction. The Tower. It all made sense now, and yet was even more criptic. And somehow Dactrin was at the center with this one eyed man that was clearly haunting him. The one eyed man and the other two, the glass eyed man and the dark man. What did it all mean? It seemed to have something to do with Dactrin, so surely he had a right to know? She must surely tell him. But...not yet. No, the vision had been too much. It clearly depicted a possible future, something that was cirtenly out of Dactrin's knowledge and even out of her own. She must study this more, consult the cards and the ball and turn to divination if she was to sort out what it ment. No need to burden Dactrin's already burdened mind with unrefined information. She would discover what it all ment first and then, then she would tell him. But not now.

A painfull silence had filled the room. Nadya could hardly stand the look Dactrin was giving her now.

"Nothing..."

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Ali and Blox

ooc: I AM SO SORRY FOR GETTING THIS OUT LATE DANA D:
ZoyWgkt.png

{ Prince Ashworth }
`Location: Kitchen◞ ♦ `Mood: Curious → Disgusted◞

As soon as they got to the kitchen, Prince watched as Morticia made a beeline for the stove. It amused him to see this side or Morticia. He never once pegged the woman as a tea fanatic like himself, though he figured he was never really around any other of the circus members for too long to actually get to know them well enough. His amusement at Morticia's actions were reflected on his face. But this didn't last long. Prince's expression shifted from amused to surprise with a hint of panic when he saw Moritica take out an urn from the cupboards. He tried to calm himself down; reasoned with himself. Though he found that there was no need for it. Morticia revealed that the urn was merely storage for her special blend of tea, definitely not what he thought it was... or was it? When it came to Morticia talking about the dead and humans, Prince could only wonder if she was joking or not. He's leaning more towards the latter.

The mime let out a soundless sigh. Morticia had already prepared him a cup as well. Initially Prince wanted to reject her offer, but before he could even act to stop her from pouring a cup for him, it was too late. Would be a shame to let it go to waste. Apart from that, there was also that part of him that was immensely curious as to what Morticia's blend tasted like. Before he could change his mind, Prince walked towards the table where Morticia had set down the cups -- or rather beakers -- and took a sip out of the one laid out for him. The taste was odd... alright, it tasted awful in his opinion. Prince didn't like how the citrus flavour of earl grey didn't blend in so well with whatever it was that Morticia had blended in. Not wanting to seem rude, Prince did his best and tried to mask the disgust he felt. Instead, he gratefully smiled at Morticia.

When she offered him some of he cookies, Prince immediately shook his head. Feeling he seemed quite rude just now, he rubbed his stomach and shook his head again hopefully properly convyeing that he wasn't hungry -- which wasn't exactly a lie. He then raised his beaker of tea with a smile. Tea was enough for him.

Interacted with
Morticia Crevan (@DANAsaur )

Last edited:
Dactrin L. Cooper - Nadya's Cabin on the Train - Feeling Frustrated

There was a moment where he was staring at Nadya's strained face, and in those still brief moments he realized something was different about her. He saw fear in her face, her deep truth-seeking eyes, and she seemed to be at a loss of words. This intrigued Dactrin as Nadya was a calculating woman and did not scare easy. He had no idea the significance of the energy that shot through both of them when they joined hands on her crystal ball. What he did know was that she had seen something at the end. Why else would she be acting the way she was? Ah, but she had seen pieces of his past and had described them to Dactrin in such horrifying detail. Surely she had seen his family's death, his own brutal stabbing and vicious blood bath. Perhaps the scene shocked her, especially if she saw him as a younger man getting ripped to pieces by the pirates. If she knew it was him on the floor, she would know he was scarred from it. Dactrin could only imagine the judgements and assumptions that were running through her mind at the moment after seeing all that she had seen. It seemed that all of his secrets were out in the open for Nadya to see and hold. He could almost feel a piece of himself get wrapped up in her grasp, held tightly in her fist.

When Nadya responded it was in such a curt tone that Dactrin straightened himself up, slightly taken aback. She repeated herself, as if to ensure her answer had been heard. Dactrin had heard her quite clearly the first time and didn't buy her response. He believed she had seen something else in that ball and for whatever reason she was holding it back from him. "I'm sorry you saw that" he said quietly, referencing to the blood bath. He wasn't sure what else to say. It was a moment etched in his mind, something that tortured him every night, and he never wanted the burden on anyone else. Did she want to see his scars to prove it was indeed his past? He thought about stripping down to show her but also to ensure her he was fine, that all he wanted now was his sister and revenge. But he re-focused on what she was holding back.

Dactrin stepped back from the table, moved around to the side, and walked over towards Nadya. He gently but firmly placed his hands on her shoulders, guiding her back a few steps until her back pressed against the side of the train wall, both of them swaying slightly as the train gave a slight shake with it's momentum changing. His hips pressed forward and leaned against hers. He looked deeply in to Nadya's eyes. "I'm not a fool Nadya, I know you saw something. I...I know you saw my family. You showed me what I hoped to see, my sister alive and well. If you saw anything more about my family I deserve to know." His hands dug deeper in to her shoulders, pressing her backward as he held her firmly against the wall. "It's my future, not yours Nadya, and I..." his voice faltered slightly. "I need to know what you saw." He urged her, a desperate tone resonating in his last words. Was it more information about Shaylyn? The pirate? His parents? His focus was on his family and he wasn't thinking of her revelation being of anything else. He had no idea that what Nadya saw would impact every performer on this moving train in the near future.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.