Cirque de l'abattage

Shawn played the shooting game and within minutes he had won the game. The prize was a cute little bear and he handed it to Amelia as he saw the blush on her face. " Here this is for you". When he smiled he placed his hands on her's once more and then looked around for something else to do while they waited, since he really wanted to see the show and then head home, or hang out more with Amelia. " Any places you want to go?".

"Look at that! Master Zacharias does it again! Defying the laws of gravity and performing a perfect flip! Hear the audience roar in applause!" With a jump from a branch and a semi-howl of victory, Zacharias lept to the floor and opened his arms, grinning up to the sky. His chest rised and fell quickly, his bare torso was completely covered in sweat, as well as his back. The spear was between his hands, he surely would not let it go. Again, he had been fantasizing about himself being the perfect trapeze artist he knew he was. Childish they say? Pffft, yeah right. He rubbed the sweat out of his forehead with his forearm and sighed deeply. Letting out a low chuckle, he again fixed his eyes on the sky, distractedly thinking of his home country and the street life he had grown so used to before being in the Circus des Merveilles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, thanks." Amelia cuddled with the small bear and looked up at Shawn, surely not without blushing. She had to think twice before answering his question. Where do I want to go? Looking sideways and all around she tried to make a quick decision. To the right they could get a walk, to the left there were more games, and they could back to where they started, though the latter option wasn't that fun to do. "Let's go walk. We could, y'know, get to know each other. If you don't mind talking and walking that's alright with me." A nervous chuckle was the only thing she could manage after that.

Shawn was glad that Amelia liked the teddy bear he won from her. When she said she wanted to walk and get to know eachother he smiled and then nodded walking. " Um well today's my ninteenth birthday, and my parents forced me here because they thought it was nice although i haven't seen him anywhere since we have been walking around". Looking down the path they were walking he sighed. " Man i wonder when the circus act thing is going to start"

"Oh, well then, if that is the situation, I wish you a happy birthday." She giggled and looked up at him. "Happy birthday Shawn." The hesitanve of kissing his cheek or his lips lingered, so she just arranged her hair and sighed. She kept listening, though; the sound of his voice was one of those soothing sounds that made you happy. "Yeah, I wonder that, too. My dad is in the military, he's in Irak at the moment... my mom brings me to this kind of events to take my mind off him. Doesn't help a lot, though."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zacharias moved impatiently around, his spear seemed alive with energy, too. Impatience ran through his veins, the thirst for blood grew within him every second that passed. If the show didn't start anytime soon, or the time went as slowly as it was right then, he would surely just go and kill off people in town.