Cirque de l'abattage

Stay calm, he's just a guy. A very good-looking guy and--oh damn he's looking this way! Amelia tuned her head towards the window and tried to hide her nerves. Other than the lady on the counter, they were completely alone, that made her a bit jumpy. Outside the traffic was moving in its usual style, quick and flowing, and so were the people passing by. Something caught her eye, a man in a peculiar outfit, handing out flyers to different people and he seemed to be pointing out instructions. Her gaze slipped a bit and she was again looking at the other customer of the café. She waved slightly and smiled. "Hey".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zacharias gave out a grunt. Nolita, the girl was agile with her knives in her act, but everyone knew that the Ring Master maybe had a soft spot for her. Not that he cared about it, she didn't interfere in anything about him, not even asked for something more to the boss. But still the slighest of jealousy lingered. He turned on his heel and stalked away from his companions, away to be alone until the show started. The corner of his mouth lifted slightly as he started to think about what he would do to impress the audience, then how he would come down at them and spill their blood. Unconsciously he touched his back, where the tiger stripes were tattooed on him. Every one of the, represented a different kill, and by the rate he was working he would later become one of tigers in the cages. He chuckled lowly and spun his spear above his head, slashing out at an invisible body.

Feeling bored and as lazy as she did every day, Emelia jumped up off the stands and headed off to the area where they kept all the animals. She passed by the various dangerous beasts without batting an eye, navigating the area until she came to the massive bird cage containing her flock of exactly twenty common ravens. Thankfully, the carrion that she had tossed them earlier in the day had long since been devoured, and the thick smell was gone from the area. Many of the birds began to caw and fly around excitedly as their master approached, eventually settling onto their various perches to watch her carefully. She smiled at them; they were such great birds. Smart, too.

Eager for the chance to waste some time away from everyone else, Emelia opened the door to the cage just a smidge and whistled once. One of the ravens flew out on command and landed on his master's outstretched arm. The color of the tag around his leg told her which one he was. "Hey Alleo," she said with a smile, gently stroking his feathers. The raven gave a loud caw in response.

Emelia stretched it on the bleachers like a cat when they had been completed; her laziness was, quite simply, annoying. Caimon's jaws parted slightly and he let out a deep rattle- also unamused, Luella noted with a grim smile. The odd pair were just about to walk away when Zacharias showed up, twirling his silly little stick and stalking through the stands like a restless housecat. The illusionist sighed. Would she get no peace today? Luckily, Emelia handled him well, and soon enough both performers had left the scene.

Luella nodded and turned on her heels, heading towards her small area beneath the big tent. She didn't need much, only a few props for Caimon and a smoke machine for her entrance; her clothes and personal items were in a large trunk in the trailer. The teen sat down by her few things and allowed Caimon to sit beside her, resting her elbow on his thick body. His tail swung back and both threateningly whenever someone walked by- he was a good pet. Together the two surveyed the goings-on, since there was really nothing left to do.

Shawn loooked over at the girl once more before looking and taking a sip of his coffe. When looking
up again he saw that the girl had waved his way and then he nodded and stood walking over to the
girls table and took a seat flashing a smile and then he tapped his finger on the table " hey there".

After a few more hours of handing out flyers Erik decided they'd distributed enough to get the word out, and although he knew they would need to leave he couldn't help but notice the persistent rumbling of his stomach. "I think this enough for now Nolita, let head back to the others. I'm sure Emila and Luella are more then ready to come out here themselves, but before that let's stop and get some food I'm pretty hungry. Did you see any food shops on the way here?"

"Hey". Don't repeat things. Just don't do it. Amelia played around with the straw of her drink for a moment before opening her mouth again, this time a real question to ask. "What's your name? I'm Amelia by the way." She smiled and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. This guy that was sitting just in front of her seemed nice. Her mom had always said 'Don't talk to strangers', but then again how was she going to make friends with people she didn't know? This time though she actually wanted to make a new friend. Or, if her brain didn't screw up, she could make a bit of flirting with him.

[Zacharias is somewhere. Someone want to crash into him?]

Shawn smiled slightly and then took another sip of his drink before answering her. " Nice name and the names Shawn ". He looked around and realized that they were the only two in the shop. " Hey want to go walk around before the show starts?"

"You too are going to the circus show?" This interested Amelia. Shawn was good-looking and not to mention he looked a couple of years older then her, she didn't think he would go to that kind of shows at such an age. Nontheless the invitation couldn't be pushed away. "I'd like to go with you. My mom was going to pick me up here, but I guess she won't make it. And having a friend around would keep her from freaking out." Amelia let out a small giggle and started to get up from her seat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was amazing, an espectacular view, it truly was. The humongous tent that looked like a bump in the middle of the plain vast area the circus had chosen to settle in. Lights were hanging on the entrance and adorned the corners of the tent, next to the power machine they carried with them and that was always turned on at night. Zacharias looked at it from a small hill, sitting with his legs spread and his spear laying at his side. "I suggest that if you want to surprise someone you really should not send your pets into the air, Emelia. That is not a good surprise element." His voice was both amused and serious as he looked up and saw a crow heading back down to earth from the farthest point it could go into the sky.

Emelia's head suddenly turned to face Zacharias. She hadn't heard him approach, having been caught up in playing with her birds. She rolled her eyes at his remark and held out her arm so the raven in the air could land gracefully on it. Emelia directed Alleo back into the cage and closed the door as he flew onto his perch. "Shows what you know," she shot back at him, sounding vaguely amused. "I bet someone saw him flying around and got reeallly curious what a big ol' raven's doing in the middle of nowhere." She smiled at her pets, enjoying their company more than Zacharias's. "Besides," Emelia added, "they need to play sometimes, or else they get restless, and you know what happens when a well-trained raven gets restless?" The pale-skinned girl looked back over at her companion, her grin taking on a more sinister edge, sharpened from years of practice. "They might just eat you instead!"

Shawn smiled when Amelia agreed to wlak around with him " yeah im going to the circus, my parents decided to take me for my birthday even though im 19 and dont find it intresting i was forced to go". He chuckled and headed out the coffe shop, he looked around and the people making preperations for the show and then he took amelia's hand and started to walk " can i ask how old you are?" he asked looking down at her.

Nolita nodded her head as she watched Erik outline their route. After they arrived at the place she got to work handing out a flyer to those who passed by, and she made sure to not miss anyone. How fast word spreads about their circus, but it made work a bit easier. Once people realized who they were, they were buzzing like flies to a light and wanted one. She couldn't help but let a smile plaster to her face. They only knew about the first act of the show, no one would expect the second act to be what they were expecting. All the performers though were always ecstatic about it, and each one of them couldn't blame. It was always a joyous ride.

There were a few times that she had to improvise about things, but they weren't lies. They were in fact true. After people heard about what would be witnessed at the show they all wanted to know the directions and where it'd be taken place at. It worked in the end and would get more prey to be there. This would be a blast for everyone to attend to, and no one should have a reason to miss it. And she was sure they would have a full house tonight, and that thought made her shiver with excitement.

After a few hours her ears perked up hearing Erik's voice. Turning her attention to him she never realized how hungry she was until he mentioned it. Letting her index finger tap her chin thoughtfully she tried to remember a food place. "There was one down the street from here." She thought Erik and her did a marvelous job, and they would continue getting people with Emila and Luella visiting to look out for prey. She found a few targets and she hoped they would arrive, if not there were plenty more to choose from. Everyone would have their fill.

"Ok then go ahead and lead the way we'll leave the van here for now though, I want to stretch my legs a little more before we have to go through another mind numbing car ride." Erik went ahead and loaded what was left of the flyers in the back of the van before locking it, he had left some rather unslightly "tools" in it by accident and didn't want someone to go peeking through their stuff. Luckly the rear windows were painted over so he didn't have to worry about people looking through the windows either, "Ok we're loaded up now lets go find the the restruant." All the while his stomach still making growling for more food.

"I'm only 17 years-old. My mom likes to take me out to this kind of stuff. Y'know, museums, movies, the theater...as you see it's the circus this time." Amelia giggled and gripped onto Shawn's hand tightly, not wanting to let go of that marvelous tall boy. She looked upwards to the sky above, estimating they had some time before twilight came and then night. "So? Where do we go from here?"

"Have you not heard that when you 'raise crows they shall eat your eyes out'? 'Cos I have and I really don't want to see that hapenning." He chuckled lowly and made a mental note to no longer do lame puns in front of people. He took his spear and dug the tip on the ground, only to make a leap with monkey-like grace and gripping the pole tightly as not to fall, as he was balancing on a 45 degree angle to look at Emelia. "Your birds are no fun. They only are when they start picking at people in the crowd." With all the force he managed he lept back, doing a backflip and clearly trying to show-off in front of his companion. One of his favourite things to do was that. Presuming until they looked annoyed or were about to kill him off. Zacharias could manage both of them well-enough. On top of the long pole rested his chin, his hands folded behind his back and a smugish grin playing at the corner of his lips.

Emelia's grin twisted into more of a snarl. She never did like to be around him very much. She wondered whether Nolita and Erik were back yet, though that was unlikely. The circus was really starting to come together; everything would probably be complete soon and the ringmaster was likely to stop by and make some huge announcement for everyone. As Emelia and Zachiaras talked amongst each other, a few of the birds in the giant metal cage began chattering with each other as well. They were very comfortable around all the circus performers by that point.

"They're not crows, they're ravens," Emelia said indignantly, crossing her arms as she watched Zacharias do his little flip. He'd definitely touched a nerve. "Ravens are way bigger and prettier and smarter and they live longer. Some of these birds are twenty years old and they do all kinds of sweet flips and dives and shit on command. What about you, monkey-boy? Can you fly? Maybe you should go climb a tree and jump out of it so we can find out."

Shawn laughed slightly as they walkied slowly taking the chance to look around at the people working and the kids and adults moving about/ " Wow seems like you enjoy museums and things like that". When he felt her hand squeeze he smiled and then stopped.

When he loooked around there was a split chose in walking. They could go left or right so he looked at her. " Which way left or right? we can go about anywhere to your liking. He looked around at the mini games and the outline but somethings didn't feel right in the pit of his stomach but he didn't say anything.

Amelia looked both ways and shrugged. It was her time to choose. Something in the back of her mind told her something was going to happen. Like a sixth sense, she knew that. Still, she wasn't sure if what might happen was going to be for good...or for bad. She signaled her head to the right, knowing it was bad manners to point with a finger, and smiled. "Let's go right. I feel lucky today." She giggled and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Ravens, crows, pigeons...they are birds. And I have my own way of flying, thank you very much." Now the girl had gotten herself into something. No one doubted what Zacharias could or couldn't do, maybe only himself. And he surely had his way of flying, he was a trapeze artist! Trapeze artists challenged the odds and the laws of physics as they were up, doing flips and the such. Not only did he appreciated his spear, his favourite of all the articles he used; he was in the tightrope, never fearful, and the trapezium, where he got his name as a trapeze artist! He crossed his arms and frowned, the way he was most of the time. "What do you plan to ask them to do tonight?"

"Crazy awesome stunts, duh," Emelia shot back without missing a beat, putting her hands on her hips. How dare he associate her ravens with common filth like crows and pigeons. Ravens were so much more graceful, and her particular unkindness* was even smarter than the average bunch. "I promise, it'll be even sweeter than usual. You'd better fucking believe I've got something up my sleeves tonight. What are you gonna do? All the usual flips and jumps and shit? Boooring." She sneered at him.

She really did have something special in store that night, but she didn't care how impressive the ravens' feats were, as long as she managed to at least unnerve the audience. Their reaction was all that really mattered to her. She still had an ego to protect, though.

*a group of ravens :P​

Shawn nodded and walked down the right path. It was the same as the main trail. Just lots of children and thier parentswandering about until the show started. Thier were people moving heavy boxes and shouting about. He watched only momentarially before walking up to a shooting game and he looked at Amelia. " Hey let me win you something". Flashing a smile he gave the man 2 dollars and started the game.

"Crazy awesomes stunts, eh? Cool. As long as you don't make a cliché entrance with them getting you on stage by gripping your clothes and the such and crap." Proceeding to check his scarred fingers, Zacharias grinned smugly and added in a sarcastic tone. "Me? Well, I plan on adding fire to the trapezium, not that that is really impressive. Oh, and I will try to get a shark to put under the tightrope. Believe me, that will make the audience scream and cheer sooo much." He tried not to roll his eyes, knowing he was just about to really cross a line, and he really didn't want to get into an intimate meeting with her ravens. Flips and stunts and shit...yeah sure, as if she could easily do that.

"Now, if you will excuse me, seeing as the Ring Master hasn't returned, I will personally find my own...audience, and have some fun for the while, lady." A mocking tone. That was the last he had to do and he turned on his heel, slowly walking away, just t annoy her even more.

Don't blush, don't blush, don't blush, you idiot.
Feeling her cheeks getting hot, Amelia tried to look away as Shawn gave money to a man in a shooting game. She had never gone out with a guy, she usually turned them down, most of them jocks, but...this time it was totally different. A smile twitched at her lips, it was something nice of him to do such a thing, win something for a complete stanger he had just met at a café. Watching intently what he was just about to do, she folded her hands neatly behind her back and waited for him to proceed.

Emelia's hands clenched into fists as she watched Zacharias walk away, but she didn't dare punch him like she wanted to. Oh how badly she wanted to just knock him to the ground and stamp a hole in his back with her shoe, but if she did that and triggered a much bigger fight, the ringmaster might catch her and fire her or something. Normally, she wouldn't have cared and probably just stormed off in a huff after flashing just about everyone a choice gesture, but tonight was special. She couldn't wait to pull the trick she had up her sleeve, and she wasn't about to be thrown out of the circus troop before the performance. Besides, she could always get her revenge later, in a much more devastating fashion than simple violence.

Her expression twisted into a frustrated snarl, she turned back to her birds and listened to them idly talk with each other. It always sort of fascinated her just how many different calls a raven could make, and watching them hang around with each other always sort of calmed her down. Hopefully her suddenly foul mood wouldn't affect her performance; the circus tent was nearing completion.