3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy. Supernatural. Magical. Modern. Medieval. Romance. Scifi. Horror....somewhat in that order.
Cirque de la Fée is a wonderful circus that's internationally known for its peculiar otherworldly atmosphere. True to its namesake, those who have attended claim that if one wanted to experience real magic, then making a weekend trip to visit this circus was a sure way to do so. They had it all: the tarot-reading, the fire-breathing, the death-defying… but also special attractions onlookers could get lost in for hours, beautiful areas that focused on all-things relaxing, and foods with exquisite flavor that, when eaten, would take consumers on dream-like journeys. However, entry is strictly limited, so one can imagine the price paid to experience such a wonder. Not that the circus sold tickets. In fact, entry was gained as a reward upon winning certain contests.

These contests varied in theme, but was open to all participants. Some countries have even made gaming shows centered around these contests, finding excitement in the feats accomplished, but also in discovering just who got to visit the circus. Upon return, winners were always interviewed but the best kept secret were the details of just what the circus had to offer. "Just something you're going to have to experience for yourselves." With no videos or pictures available to see what's on the inside (magic all on its own) and no one giving any details beyond simple basics, the hype of being able to visit such a place is huge.

So. Come one and come all. That is, if you can win.

~~~~~~~~

Beautifully exotic. Devilishly talented. Extremely deadly.

The Fae are beings known for their mischievous trickery, but living under the guise of a famous circus that has enthralled the entire world is on a whole other level of deceit. Various types of Fae all live and work at the circus campgrounds, but they do not consider it their home. Under the rule of the Prince of the Unseelie Court, they have been banished from the Otherworld and have since been trying to find a way back. In the meantime, they are still quite fascinated with humans and can't help but become involved.

Those unfortunate enough to pique the interest of the Fae are kidnapped (successfully replaced by a Doppelganger -- the only kind of Fae that actually wants to live in the human world) and are subjected to various unpleasantries, including but not limited to: enslavement, forced marriage, and sacrifice -- all for the purpose of keeping their Fae lifestyle going.

So, what becomes of your fate when you are the one that gets taken? Are you enslaved? Are you destined to die? Though the ultimate question: can you escape?

~~~~~

WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR:

6 participants total. Currently claimed spots: 6

• Participants must have at least two characters: one Fae (see below) and one human.

• Must write 3+ paragraphs for each post per character.

• NO SMUT, but romance/intimacy encouraged. RP rated R for violence and all other things.

• Strive to post within 4 days, the latest being a week on your turn.
RP CONCEPTS:
  • Turn based posts: we pick a number and post in that order (I will be #1 for obvious reasons lol). It will give people a chance to actually participate while navigating busy lives. Numbers will be picked during OOC discussion.

• Pairing: I think… I'm gonna implement a pairing. A Fae will be assigned a human. This will guarantee interaction, but interaction is obviously not limited to the pairing. Assignments will be given upon participant acceptance and CS completion.
THE FAE:
  • Are under a glamour that makes them appear human. This glamour becomes thin at night, giving the circus its famed otherworldly atmosphere.

• Have individualistic supernatural powers, some used for attractions at the circus.

• Interested in humans for one reason or another.
TYPES OF FAE:

• Satyr: part human, part goat. Loves luring people with dancing and feeds in a vampire-like fashion. However, can be kind and gentle toward children and the elderly.

• Goblin: thieves and overall villains. Are companions to the Dead.

• Ankou: think Grim Reaper.

• Elves : we are familiar with

• Kelpie: loves the water. Tends to eat deer, but do eat humans. Males can shapeshift to attract young women for consumption.

• Merfolk: we are familiar with

• Pixie: naughty, who like playing practical jokes on both humans and Fae alike. Loves flowers.

• Salamander: a type of Fae associated with the Fire element

• Create Your Own: approved by me first though, please.

If interested, please post a short, brief summary of the kind of characters you have in mind.

For human: gender, where they live and how they won a ticket to the circus.

For Fae: type, gender, what interests them most about humans/why they would be okay with kidnapping them, what they use their kidnapped humans for.

A more detailed CS will be asked for once accepted to participate.
:)

Last edited:
This seems really interesting! Before I tell you my character ideas I have a few questions.
  • Are Fae allowed to have more than one human (npcs basically)?
  • What type of face claims will we be using?
  • Can the contest that the humans win be anything? Such as feats of strength, show of intelligence, ect? Idk if I missed just what the contests were.
My Ideas
  • An Ankou who doesn’t particularly care for the human world in general but humans do pique his interest at times. He’s kidnaps one as source of amusement perhaps. He’d Use his human as a servant for the most part.
  • A female human from South Africa who won a ticket due to her intelligence and cunning ways.

This seems really interesting! Before I tell you my character ideas I have a few questions.
  • Are Fae allowed to have more than one human (npcs basically)? Absolutely! Only made it seem like one so it didn't seem overwhelming lol. There are certain type of Fae who would love more than one! Lol.
  • What type of face claims will we be using? I'm not going to restrict what kind is used. I personally lean toward using RL FCs, but I know there are RPers who enjoy using artwork. So... Really, whatever bests represents your character!
  • Can the contest that the humans win be anything? Such as feats of strength, show of intelligence, ect? Idk if I missed just what the contests were. Yep! I left it open, so you can think of something your character would be good at and could potentially win. For instance, the human I may be creating is going to win a violin contest lol.
My Ideas
  • An Ankou who doesn’t particularly care for the human world in general but humans do pique his interest at times. He’s kidnaps one as source of amusement perhaps. He’d Use his human as a servant for the most part. Looovvveee it! That works.
  • A female human from South Africa who won a ticket due to her intelligence and cunning ways. Nice! This works too!

Replied above in purple. Let me know if you'd like me to mark you down for a slot! :)

Interested! Not entirely sure if I can commit, but here's what I thought of:

Human: A male human from France who is an expert at fencing.

Fae: A Salamander fire dancer, who thinks humans are beautiful in their own quaint way. She would kidnap one who seemed to have high creative potential to try and bring it out to be something beyond what they could achieve surrounded by humans.

I have a preexisting character who might be interesting for this game - a clockwork fortune teller who actually used to be human but was taken by the fae and transformed into a beautiful mechanical doll. How would that fit in?

@fish-writer Love! Your Fae would definitely have an interesting development in the storyline... Could expand on that. And your human... Already have ideas for him too lol. Let me know if you'd like to claim a spot. :)

@Ariel Verrrrryyy interesting... I imagine the doll would have to be owned by someone, especially for maintenance. So I would consider that character to be your "human" and, as such, will be pairing with a Fae. I'd love to see how it plays out. Though, I do ask that everyone have two characters. :) let me know if you'd like to claim a spot

• Love
Reactions: fish-writer
  • Are Fae allowed to have more than one human (npcs basically)? Absolutely! Only made it seem like one so it didn't seem overwhelming lol. There are certain type of Fae who would love more than one! Lol.
  • What type of face claims will we be using? I'm not going to restrict what kind is used. I personally lean toward using RL FCs, but I know there are RPers who enjoy using artwork. So... Really, whatever bests represents your character!
  • Can the contest that the humans win be anything? Such as feats of strength, show of intelligence, ect? Idk if I missed just what the contests were. Yep! I left it open, so you can think of something your character would be good at and could potentially win. For instance, the human I may be creating is going to win a violin contest lol.
My Ideas
  • An Ankou who doesn’t particularly care for the human world in general but humans do pique his interest at times. He’s kidnaps one as source of amusement perhaps. He’d Use his human as a servant for the most part. Looovvveee it! That works.
  • A female human from South Africa who won a ticket due to her intelligence and cunning ways. Nice! This works too!

Replied above in purple. Let me know if you'd like me to mark you down for a slot! :)
Omg I’m so late! I apologize. Yes I’ll take that slot!

@Ariel Verrrrryyy interesting... I imagine the doll would have to be owned by someone, especially for maintenance. So I would consider that character to be your "human" and, as such, will be pairing with a Fae. I'd love to see how it plays out. Though, I do ask that everyone have two characters. :) let me know if you'd like to claim a spot

Sure, and for the Fae how about a Rusalka, a water nymph?

@Arayvian Done. Welcome aboard! I can PM ya a CS to start working on, if you'd like lol

@Ariel Sounds good! I'm assuming you'd like to claim a spot?

Reactions: Momento Mori
@fish-writer Love! Your Fae would definitely have an interesting development in the storyline... Could expand on that. And your human... Already have ideas for him too lol. Let me know if you'd like to claim a spot. :)

I think I'm up for it! I've been wanting to do an RP with a set posting order. Count me in. :D

Reactions: StrangeVsWeird
  • Ah Seen It
Reactions: fish-writer
The posting order and assignments are ideas Ive been thinking that RPs need for a bit myself. Id like to try out too.

Human character is a man estranged from family after the death of his sister, has a nurturing personality and generally looks after others to feel validated. Got picked up by a Fae who played the part he needed really well who may or may not have liked the attention too much.

Fae would be a Pixie who fancies himself as a sort of psychoanalyst, who is deeply interested in human experience, who takes humans to explore in particular, their traumas. He both helps the circus and amplifies this "practice" through Illusion magic.

@PersonaWolf A psychoanalyst.... Excited to see that one play out!! Fantastic. Also, your human...soooo many things for him. Okay! Will assign ya a spot. I'll PM a CS later today.

@Ariel Good deal. I'll PM a CS later today.