Circus by Day, Assassins by Night

• Thread starter All My Love Is Books
  • Start date
"Probably something that looks like something that would come out of the ground, dirt and all." Markie muttered. She knew that his shoulder would hurt for a bit after, they always did, but he would just have to man up and deal with it. "Let's go anyway. I would rather eat dirt than nothing at all." Markie walked towards the rather large tent that housed all of their food needs. Already it was pretty busy with the performers who were already in costume. Nobody paid any attention to anyone so they were able to move about freely. They got their food and Markie took a seat near the back corner where she could watch everybody and the door in one sweep.

"Oh look.... looks like it came out of the ass of a horse." Markie muttered, poking at the weird looking "food" on her plate. "One day I will hire a real cook for us."

Logan forced himself not to look at the food, knowing that he would lose his appetite if he did. Instead, he focused on looking at Markie's face as he ate. He ate until he knew that he would be fine until dinnertime, right before the show. Frowning once he was finished, he said, "I think they're making me pull in for the contortionist. He screwed up some fire eating trick last night, and they want me to take his spot." He sighed. He didn't not like preforming, but he sometimes wished that he could have a night to himself.

"You.... doing the contorinist act. That I just might have to go and see." Markie muttered. She herself was due near the end of the performance as most tight walkers were. "Trying out our new routine tonight. I have to meet up with the gang in a bit so that way we can run through it a few more times before the show." She pushed her plate away and ran a hand across her stomach before turning to look at him. "What time are you up? I'll make sure that I am ready before you go up so that way I can come and watch." Even though more often than not, Markie did not come to see him perform she would on the rare occasion.

"I'm going up around nine," Logan said, trying to remember exactly what tent he would be in. He knew enough of the contortionist's act, but he hadn't preformed in a while. Normally, he was helping with setup and cleanup, but tonight he would have to show everyone how far he could bend his back. In the morning, he would definitely be feeling all the muscles he would pull on stage. He was a decent contortionist, he guessed, but that was being generous. Sure, he could do the motions, but he didn't have the liveliness that their regular guy did. He mostly went through the motions, nothing more.

Frowning, he rubbed his shoulder, wishing that he hadn't had Markie relocate it. Maybe then he could have called in sick...