What should the posting requirements be? (choose 1 frequency & 1 writing level)

• 1 post/week (frequency)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 posts/week (frequency)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 3 posts/week (frequency)

• 1-2 posts/week (frequency)

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Beginner/1 paragraph (writing level)

• Intermediate/2-3 paragraphs (writing level)

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Advanced/4+ paragraphs (writing level)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichigo

Edgepeasant
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
Online Availability
Evening to Early Morning - EST
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
I love everything, but right now want Sci-Fi and/or Horror.
This is going to be a cross of a modern version of the show Salem and American Horror Story: Coven. The most important idea of this is that there will be a circle or a coven of witches and warlocks. As far as the age for the rp, I want it open to everyone. As much as I love the adult nature of magic, I want to give more people a chance for this rp.

Basic Idea:
For centuries the Coven/Circle (unnamed right now) has remained hidden, even during the times of the Puritans. As families expand and grow their branches, magic grows stronger in the bloodlines. Most are no longer pure witches/sorcerers, but the main families have remained so. As the world becomes more advanced, so too does the magic and the way it is used. Slowly but surely there is unrest and distrust grows within the Coven/Circle. Rebellion and danger lurk within their own ranks. There is a threat to all within and few can escape that threat, no matter how small it may be.

Magic:
There will be little no limit for the type of magic, it just needs to be based on a few factors: age, family, bloodline, and rank. Limitations will also be put in place for the type(s) of magic practiced by the family and/or bloodline as well as your character's personality and interests.

Families and Bloodlines:
While there will be at least two main bloodlines and families planned out, there will be a chance for you to create your own.
Witches/Sorcerers:
Perkins
Towne
Parker

Ranks:
As far as the ranks go, there will be a fairly simplistic hierarchy. Those positions will be opened to anyone that joins.
Here are some of the ranks so far:
High Priestess/Priest - leader of the Coven/Circle
Priestess/Priest - 2nd in command
Elders - counselors and advisers
Historian - keeper of lore, history, records, and members
Acolyte - prepares rituals, ceremonies, etc.

Witch Hunters:
Of course there will be witch hunters. They will have their own bloodlines and major families as well. While some may not always believe in what they hunt, there are also some that turn to hunting because of their experiences and relationships. Hunters do not have to be from a major family or bloodline, they can be the first one in their family to be a witch hunter.
Major Families/Bloodlines:
Hathorne
Hopkins
Nowell

More to come as I see more interest.

Last edited:
Glad to see the interest! I also decided on the location and some of the major families. Definitely going to be in Salem. And I'm adding the notable families to the first post as well.

Ooooo, this looks interesting! Quick questions though. How often are we expected to post? Do we need to watch the shows to understand the rp? Real life faces, semi realistic art, or anime? What's the posting expectation level (e.g. advanced, beginner, etc.)?

You're only going to be expected to post 2 times a week. But that could change depending on the people interested. And the shows are only listed to give a better idea of what I have in mind. So no, you don't need to watch either of them. And I would prefer real life or semi-realistic art. But I know you can't always find what you're looking for with those, so anime would be fine, as long as there's no unnatural colors. And I was wanting intermediate for the level, but that would depend on the people that are interested in the rp.

I'm going to put a poll up for the level and posting frequency in a bit.

I'm interested

I'm definitely interested in this. Count me in!

I'm going to have this be modern. It will make the interactions of the characters with their own lives and the world around them just as interesting as their interactions with other characters.

And I'm putting up the poll stuffs now.

Consider me interested. c:

This could be fun. I'd be willing to give it a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.