Chrysalia Chronicle (1x1 Qrow and Magissa Kei)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lumin hissed, feeling something cold on her shirt. What- Was that Cora? Lumin looked over for a moment, before the guard called their attention again, practically a reminder to mind her manners. "...Hey, umm...I'm gonna need to not-" Lumin stopped herself before she could finish her thought, "I-I mean, we need to get going. The Lord is going to help us.That's good." The place where Cora had touched her shirt slightly disappearing from her heat vision, before returning. Lumin felt bad. Obviously Cora seemed a little freaked out, and with good reason. That Lord was a pretty creepy dude. One could tell he's got something for presentation. Rarity, might be the key word there, as Lumin remembered, the white hair color was more fitted with yetis... Not sure if it was true, but that would explain the rarity of it all. The novelty couldn't have been lost on the Lord, it would be the first thing he noticed. It was the first thing everyone noticed, even Lumin herself. She sighed as they stepped into the new sitting room, far more extravagant than the one they'd been in. The Lord spoke even as he began to sit in one particularly large chair, "Natural? Impossible." Lumin had to bite her lip in an effort to not retort with a sassy remark as the man continued. Especially in that fake way of speaking he did, "Tell us exactly where it is you lovelies would like to go. And we will do all in our power to make sure that it can happen."

Leading herself and lumin over to a fancy couch opposite of where the Lord had sat down. Quickly letting go of lumins shirt "Sorry..I didn't mean too" quietly saying to Lumin, she hadn't meant to grab onto her or use her power. "Where headed t-to the capital...my lord " Hopefully he'd move away from her hair now and focus on the map instead maybe when they get to the capital she'd get a hat or hood to cover her hair up if it brought this kind of attention to herself "a.and we have horses..we don't want to burden you..or your men".

"Oh we don't mean to take away your noble steeds, M'lady." Lord Vaneus bowed his head, humbly. "We will only provide you the necessities, Madam. Oh, and maybe something a little more pleasant to attach that horse to...And a guide to help you along the way. Something a little more reliable than those old maps. Things never help much if you really see where you're going on the map." The lord began to prattle on about more useless knowledge. At the very least, Lumin was glad to see the Lord had agreed to help him. And despite Cora's resignation, Lumin was glad enough for Lord Vaneus' excess. It gave them more chances to get to the capital, and in style, no less. Lumin sighed, no longer able to stand by while the man talked. " We are most grateful for your kindness, Lord Cortwin. Though I'm sure both my compatriot and myself are more than restless to be on the road again."

Vaneus looked over the girls, as if finding the admittedly taller Lumin for the first time. "Ah, of course. We will get our men on it as soon as possible. You... You've got scales covering your face." Lumin looked the Lord up and down for a moment, somewhat unsure what his sudden change of focus would mean. "Umm... Let us go and inform our best to guide you in your journey. Ladies." The Lord immediately stood from his seat, casting a forlorn glance towards Cora, as well as a bow before exiting the room, with a quick, "We'll only be a moment, so don't go anywhere!"

Letting out a shaky sigh when she was sure that the Lord was well gone from the room, running a hand through her hair where the Lord had touch it "Sorry..about before" glancing over at lumin than to the door "I-I didn't mean to..he scared me I didn't except him to..touch me" Hopefully they'd be able to leave soon being in the presence of the Lord was uncomfortable even if he was helping them.

Lumin shrugged her shoulders, trying hard not to wince once she caught sight of the frozen part of her shirt. "No, yeah I understand. Vain-eus over there seems like a real neck-beard. Not really surprising that any physical contact with him would make you lose control of your powers. But hey, you should make your body temperature really cold, I'll bet it won't happen again." Lumin looked to the guard, who looked torn between keeping an eye on the two of them, and following the douche-bag of a Lord. He eventually chose the latter, groaning as he attempted to follow Vaneus before he willed his estate away to the pretty girl with white hair. "I won't touch anything." Lumin mused to herself, as the man as he gave one last look towards them. "Hell, I can't even see anything." Looking around the grey and black room, Lumin actually considered taking something. There was probably something of value around here, and if she hid it well enough, they could sell it later for a profit... but, well... that was video game logic. Lumin shirked the thought from her mind, once again returning the vacant look in her eyes to Cora. "...They, well...t-they keep saying I've got scales on my face. I can no longer deny this fact, but... Is it that noticeable?" She already knew Cora's white hair was a defining feature. She was probably literally one in a million. But the mentioning of the scales had her off-balance. At least, the continued mention of it. Her "skin disease" was progressing unusual fast without reason, this was going to have to be the focus of her attention for now.

Making my body temperature lower hmm I wonder if that would work it was pretty low already so if I made it lower would it be good on my body, when they get to the city maybe she could find a book about yeti's or something. Looking over at lumin as she spoke surprised and curious it wasn't often that she had heard lumin stutter or fumble her words. Turning herself so she was facing lumin to get a better look at her face, seeing what they were talking about they looked like small patches but not overally noticeable unless the light was reflecting them "Unless the light is reflecting them or your really looking for them they're not that noticeable".

"Oh." Lumin left her response simple. She lifted her hand to her own face, feeling the distinct texture of scales interacting with one another. It was like taking a leather glove and rubbing it against a crocodile-skin bag. Uncomfortable to a fault, but there wasn't much that she herself could do about it. She began to wonder exactly what everyone was comparing her to, and why they had the reactions they did? She was even wondering if this had anything to do with the progression of her powers. She'd originally assumed that perhaps the stronger her and Cora's powers became, the more it would become physically apparent in their appearances. She had a lot of evidence to back this theory up now, something she could probably take the liberty of learning more about in the capital city though. Because, she obviously didn't trust the Lord Cortwin to know anything about the condition. Besides, she wasn't very sure about the look he held in his eyes when he saw the scales. That man was weird enough with his fascination with Cora's hair. She honestly hoped that she wouldn't be pulled into his "quirkiness" as well.

"Again, we've been left to our own devices in this large mansion. I'm honestly surprised." Lumin laughed, "Fun, but we are at the mercy of the Lord of this House. Oh, how I hope he doesn't do anything to our horses. But that carriage bit did sound really nice, huh?"

Smiling at the thought of riding in a carriage instead of saddle did sound much nicer "Yea a carriage does sound nice and he did say something about a guide too" having a guide would be a lot of help than they'd know where they are and how long until they'd get to their destination, they could also ask questions about this world "If we do get a guide maybe we could ask them questions about this world, the capital and which raves our powers come from". How close where they from the capital and when they got there what would they do first, who would they go to. Did they even really have a plan at all, they had to find information about Hader but that wouldn't be easy and why would anyone give them information at all or for free, did that mean they'd have to work and what about their powers they're both different than anyone in this world the Lord had pointed that out he may have liked the difference but what about other people. The guard and lord pointed out lumins scales and how dare she come here different races were going to problems with each other and they had no way of knowing what those problems were so how could they look out for them.

"Ha! I agree." Lumin nodded about the carriage, because unfortunately, she was beginning to develop a severe case of discomfort from riding saddle. To be expected since she'd never ridden a horse so long over such unfavorable terrain before. And the guide would be useful as well. "Yeah, I never thought about that, Cora. Good on you! The guide could double as our official instructor for this world! Especially if he doesn't have a choice otherwise, being assigned to us by his lord and all." Lumin's eyes practically gleamed, brain going over all the possible actions they'd be able to accomplish, and how much easier it would be to find Haber if they had someone who could teach them what they should be doing! How much quicker they'd be able to go home, too! Though she did have a sudden, sinking suspicion that just like the others on this land they'd encountered, their guide might favor Cora over herself for visual preference. At the very least, Cora would be kind enough a soul to relay any important lessons, information, or the like to her. Subconsciously, Lumin felt for her sleeve, attempting to pull her arms in and cover the appendages.

The guard from before, Lumin had nicknamed him Failure thanks to Lord Cortwin, entered once again. This time, the larger man seemed slumped over, visibly disheartened, probably due to something Lord Cortwin said. "Allow me to... lead our guests towards the courtyard. Lord Cortwin waits eagerly for you there. We've even got your horses prepared and fastened to a carriage." His voice was gruff, and riddled with pauses. He was obviously reluctant to be serving them, but Lumin appreciated the fact that he was trying. "We should probably go then, right Cora?" Lumin offered, fully rising from her seat, and turning her head towards the larger heat signature.

The guard led them to a very large and beautiful courtyard, with a beautiful full garden, and dozens of plants neither girl could recognize. As well as a large road that seemed to lead back around the manor towards the front, and to the gate from earlier. There stood one eloquent coach, a decent size for the girls, and their stuff relocated to the top of the coach as well. Lord Cortwin waited patiently, in front of five other men, all lined up, and turned away from the girls. "Our guests require your utmost care and patience, your loyalty, and chivalry. Treat them as you have always treated me. And know that whoever among you they chose, any unsavory actions will find their way back to my ears." His little speech certainly seemed to command attention, until the Failure led Cora and Lumin onto the courtyard. "Ah, I take it that your new cart pleases you? And here, we have a pick among the five best of our own servants. Choose among them who will serve as your guide, driver, protector, ad any other needs you may have."

The five servants did their best to stand tall and brave in front of the guests. All of them seemed rather elegant, like the lord himself, some more so. But one of them... was drastically shorter, and smaller in build. He couldn't have stood to any of these elves taller than their thigh. And Lumin felt and odd mix of sympathy and humor at watching him attempt to stand on the tips of his toes. Trying to look just as imposing. Though all Lumin could see was a tottering small shape among the larger, more balanced shapes. Leaning to Cora, Lumin whispered, "I don't very well know which you would prefer as a guide, but the smaller among them seems to me the most down to Earth. I think he's our best option."

(So sorry for the late reply work has been so hectic lately the last two days people kept calling in sick)

"Hmm oh yes" pulled out of her thoughts quickly standing up with lumin before following the guard out of the room and out of the Manor leading them to a large court yard as well as a garden filled with different flowers and plants she'd never seen before but we're still very beutifal to look at. Following the guard as they walked on a path that lead them back to the front of the Manor where she was a carriage with their horses attached to and their belongings on top of. As they walked closer she was the Lord in front of five people who must have been his servants that he had gathered to become they're guide. Cora's thoughts were correct as they got closer to them, hearing the Lord speak to the servants listening to his speech before they arrived and the Lord was done speaking to them.

Blinking as cora looked at the servants who stood straight up and stiff, they all seemed similar to the Lord in appearance though the last one was shorter in height and his build to but that didn't stop him from trying to stand tall like the others were. Listening to Lumin and nodding her agreement "I think your right he seems different than the others but in a good way" saying to Lumin before looking up to the Lord "We'd like him to be our guide" motioning to the smaller one at the end of the line "If you'll allow it my lord".

"Ah! As you wish, M'lady." Lord Cortwin stated, bowing in a perfect 90 degree angle, before standing straight up again and turning to the servants. "You there, at the end. Feel free to step up and properly introduce yourself to our guests." The small man nodded eagerly, stepping out of line quickly and carefully, and practically skating over to the girls. "Hullo, Misses. The name is Sauyer. 's a real pleasure to meet you." Lumin nodded, bowing as the little man did. "Why thank you. My name is Lumin, and this is Cora." she looked to the carriage, "Thank you for being our... guide. I hope we get along well together." Lumin said, looking over the man to see the Lord's face. No malevolence was noted, but she was unsure if there meant there wasn't any there. He might have been really good at acting. Suspicious feelings aside, Lumin was practically resigned to let that matter drop. It wasn't lile tey would have to worry abot him after this anyway.

Looking over to Lumin than to back to sauyer giving him a smile "Thank you sauyer and thank you my lord for being so generous and kind to us" turning to the Lord bowing her head to him, "As lord it my honor to help such exquisite beauty and know that you are always a welcome guest in the house of cortwin". Resisting the urge to frown at the Lord instead smiling at him as she gave lumin a small tug on her shirt making her way to the carriage, sauyer quickly following after running ahead to open the carriage door for them. "Thank you" saying to him as she stepped into the carriage sitting down on the cushioned seat "We'd like to head to the capital sauyer" saying to him as he nodded his head.

((Gosh, I am so sorry. Last exams out of the way, so there should be a lot of free time on my hands to respond!! As for this next scene, I'm gonna need your help with answering Lumin's questions. We can talk about in our conversation if you want.))

Following suit along Cora as the icy girl tugged on her shirt, Lumin took her leave of the assembled persons with a bow, nodding with a very grateful smile at both the first guard, Failure, as well as Lord Cortwin. Though, in all honesty, that latter smile was a bit forced, even if the sincerity behind it seemed otherwise. Lumin sighed as their carriage slowly slipped away from view of the manor Cortwin, especially as they took a road Lumin could only describe and a clean, smooth country road. She was surprised this road actually even existed. Lumin found that this was actually much easier for their journey. She made sure to thank the small man known as Sauyer, and she would probably be doing it very often. This was better for conversation though, as she was able to talk with Cora, or maybe even Sauyer, without any of them really having to focus on where they were going. She took this opportunity to ask their faithful guide a few questions, sending a somewhat mischievous look towards Cora before doing so. "So, Sauyer isn't it? Thank you so much for your help. I was wondering if you'd be able to assist me as I ask a few questions?"

The man, though he was't very well visible on the front of the carriage, could hear well all the same. In a court, quick manner, he responded, "Do as you please, Ma'am. My only job now is to be all that you wish of me, until you've no longer a use for my skills." Lumin snorted at that, "Ah, right then. Is there anything you can tell us about the area we're in right now. This nation, Slunt."

Sitting straighter up in her seat so cora would be able to hear sauyer better "Aye miss the nation of slunt is home to elves and dwarfs though that don't mean other people don't live there. The capital is very big, it has a harbour for traveling by boat and bringing in materials, people from all over come to sell their goods or to buy, though it be mostly famous for its schooling, libraries from the elves and it iron working, smithing from the dwarfs, has lots of homes, shops, taverns, people and oh is run by the Council that be made up of the leaders of both the elves and dwarfs with others as well miss."

"Thank you sauyer" saying as cora relaxes in her seat taking in all the information sauyer had given them about the capital. If they had schools there perhaps they could find someone to teach them about this world, their powers or even about Harbert, but they had to find a place to stay though they didn't really have any money maybe they be able to find some work.

Lumin smiled widely at Sauyer's information. "Thank you, Sauyer, sir!" The man shrugged the thanks away, "Ain't much misses, just doing my job. I take it this is your first time in Slunt?" To which Lumin responded with a slightly resigned sigh, "Yessir. First time in this country..." Lumin wasn't entirely sure that she should tell their new guide everything about their little journey. So, for the time being, until this Sauyer's loyalty could be tested, Lumin was going to half-ass a random story from bits and pieces of what they learned or what they already knew. "Sauyer? Is it alright if I ask more questions now, or do you need to focus?" Lumin continued, to which the man just shrugged his shoulders again, turning his head back somewhat so that he could see the girls slightly, "As you please, Miss. The horses are doing all the work, anyhow." Lumin tilted her head somewhat, "So...the capital is where everything's going on, yes? Do you think that anyone there would be willing to give us information?"

"Information on what, Miss?" Sauyer responded, he actually seemed interested, probably because Lumin hadn't specified what she needed. "Umm... An old "buddy" of my old teacher. He goes by the name Haber. Supposedly he stole something, and I was tasked with getting it back, met Cora along the way.That was a good season ago, though." Lumin watched Sauyer's face carefully, aside from the surprise at the name "Haber" there were no red flags that she'd said something out of turn, or incorrectly. "Must have been quite a journey for the two of you to run into Lord Cortwin..." Lumin nodded, "I'm thankful the Lord Cortwin was so eager to help us." Sauyer nodded, though the look on his face was somewhat clouded, like he didn't really believe what he was agreeing to. "You're looking for Haber? Does your teacher even realize what they've got you attempting to track down..." Lumin laughed it way, presenting a somewhat nervous facade, "We've handled ourselves pretty well so far. Whoever this Haber is, he'll get his, and we;ll return my teacher's belonging in no time."

"...If you're sure. However, as your guide and protector for the foreseeable future, I cannot allow you to go in blind or misinformed." Sauyer turned his head towards the road in front of them. "I know a few who would be willing to help you. They know quite a bit about Haber, more than most folks. Though I doubt they'd be into releasing this information for free." Lumin sat forward in her seat, "Of course! I'm pretty willing to do most anything for that information! Thank you, Sauyer!"

"...Let's not worry about thanking me." he murmured.

(Sorry for the wait, Christmas is so hectic)

Letting go out a sigh feeling her shoulders relax hearing that sauyer knew some people that would be willing to help us about information about Haber but it still worried cora that they'd have to do something for the information hopefully the requests wouldn't be to bad.

There were still a few questions that she wanted to ask sauyer but she didn't want to sauyer to get suspicious about them. Oh, looking up at roxy from her own seat in the carriage "How's your sight? Can you see you anything yet"? Lowering her voice so that sauyer wouldn't be able to her ask lumin. So far this was the only time that she knew that lumins powers had interfered with her eye sight so she didn't know how long it would affect her and be back to normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
((Oh, don't worry about it! I hope you're having a good holiday week anyways! Also, it says Roxy quite a bit in that last post...))

"My eyesight?...It's..." Lumin was hesitant to say normal. She was still only seeing in heat signatures, and while that technically meant that her eyesight wasn't normal, she didn't really want Cora worrying about it. Besides, Lumin was beginning to to adjust to this. It was really cool, if not a little disorienting at times. "It's fine." she stated, immediately afterwards changing the subject, "Hey, we've got ourselves a nice new plan for what we're going to do now...And I hope you don't mind that I lied to Sauyer there for a bit. I figured it was a need-to-know. He's cool for helping us and all, but he still doesn't really need to know." Lumin had a sudden thought occur to her, and though she didn't voice it, it made her laugh quite a bit, like- what if her eyes were just like Cora's hair now? What if it never turned back to normal? She had twin brothers, she would never be able to tell them apart. And trying to find friends or family in busy places. no forget that. Lumin laughed, shaking her head as her gaze searched out the window, as dark as it was, she could feel the temperature dropping, signifying that daytime was surely coming to a close.

(Hey, Merry Christmas hope you had a good one and sorry about the roxy name is didn't realize it had autocorrected.)

"Oh no, I understand you were right to" looking at lumin than looking out the window of the carriage rubbing her hands togethor. "I'm glad your eyes are fine...do you..think we'll get more abilities..or you know changes?" It worried cora that they're could be more changes she didn't even know what yeti's or ice elementals were like, did they have a temper, could they speak, would she get dumber or grow more hair, get angrier maybe she could ask sauyer what they were like but would that suspicious.

"Don't you think..sauyer might know what yeti's or ice beings are like?" She wanted to find out but she didn't want to make sauyer suspicious but she could say she never met that parent so he could think it was just curiosity but that wouldn't be far to Lumin if she did ask. One person asking about a half a species they are is easy to pace off but another person asking about they're half species would be more difficult.

((Ah, don't worry about it!! I figured it was auto-correct or something. I just like teasing people. I hope you got everything you wanted for Christmas!!))

"More abilities...Probably. In these types of situations, it would make more sense to assume that the longer we stay, the more our so-called 'Mana' will grow, and the more we will change to fit this new world." Lumin hadn't thought about that so in depth until Cora brought it up. It only added to the reasons of why they should leave. Lumin didn't want to have to hide her skin everyday, or get a walking stick because of her eyesight... And there was Cora, who had been called a Yeti half-ling upon their first arrival. Lumin didn't know much about Yetis, except that they were the mountainous version of Bigfoot. Cora looked nothing like Bigfoot, and Lumin could only suspect that the girl wouldn't like it very much if her appearance changed to match the creature.

"Sauyer... Yeah, he seems really knowledgeable. Plus, he kind of has to help us out." Lumin chuckled, "If you ask him I'm sure he'd respond with as much as he knows about the species..." Lumin somewhat trailed off upon seeing Cora's face, as the girl seemed rather lost in thought about the subject. "Do...Do you want me to ask Sauyer for you? Or make it easier to bring up this subject?" Lumin laughed a little more, and in a quieter voice, added, "I mean, if we have to lie, we should probably try to get our stories sorted properly, yeah?"

Running a hand through her hair as she nodded to Lumin "I'd...like to ask but we should get our..stories right before we ask it'd be easier for later umm.." playing with her hair between her fingers noticing it was more softer but thicker than before. "So you said we had a master..so we could say he's a..sorta foster father..took us in as he traveled, taught us.." There were defiantly holes in the story but it wasn't to bad of a story maybe lumin had something better for them to go by but at least it was a start for them.

"Sorry if it's not the best..it was the only thing I could think of at the moment...did you have anything?" She didn't want to dismiss anything lumin had.

Status
Not open for further replies.