Chrysalia Chronicle (1x1 Qrow and Magissa Kei)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh~!" Lumin exclaimed, clapping as the ice began to form, slow at first, before completely encasing the stump in thick ice. "That's amazing!" It was even better than the graphics in the most high-end video game. Lumin stood excitedly, weary of standing too close to the stump, but getting close enough to get a better look at the ice. Smoke was curling off the stump shape in the coolest of fashions. Lumin looked to Cora, "Now I feel kind of bad. I was going to try and burn away the ice as much as I could." She let out a somewhat disappointed sigh. "Ah well, just don't hate me too badly for it." Lumin closed her eyes first. She was sure that her powers had been activated when she thought of heat and drew it out, just like she told Cora to do. At first, in her mind there as nothing but an empty darkness, and suddenly a light started up. First small and burning red, before growing larger and a very bright hot. Lumin was starting to see the heat she possessed, now she just had to pull it out and onto the frozen stump. Visualizing the stump, Lumin created a weird sort of inverted world in her mind. Colors were there, but in a way similar to that of a heat-seeking missile. She saw heat, she something, not in the stump though. When she opened her eyes, the world was still very much in this "heat-seeking" mode, and the stump, though outlined, was still dark. With a sharp intake of breath, Lumin touched the shape.

Once she had felt like she'd done it cora opened her eyes to see the stump in cased in ice "Oh" smiling taking in the ice but frowned as she noticed that she was slightly sweating and her body felt a but tired like she had taken a jog on the park. "I..thanks and it's fine" Taking a few steps back from the stump to give lumin some space and also since she liked not to be caught on fire or burnt. Watching lumin as she closed her eyes becoming more focused, after a few seconds lumin opened her eyes. Cora didn't realize it at first but she could actually feel some of the heat comming off of lumin, was this lumin focusing her powers but what if she lost control. Shaking the thoughts out of her head cora watched as lumin began to reach out to the stump as she neared it the ice was creating fog and mist but once her hand was on the stump it just melted the ice on touch it turned to water than evaporated into the air.

As the ice melted, Lumin's sight seem to restore itself, returning to normal from the infrared vision. In her over-excitement, Lumin let a premature squeal of joy, accidentally forcing her super-heated hand through into the wooden stump, and the smell of burned wood was strong for a good few seconds. Lumin jumped back, seeing the charred black of the wood at its center. "Oh~... That's cool too, I guess. But, look! I melted the ice! I can sort of control my powers! God, it was so cool. Everything was black and red and cold, and I felt like a heat radar, and- Wait, was there anything cool you felt or saw when you used your powers, Cora? Because that would be amazing. Think of all the scenarios we could use this in! We could..." and continuous rambling on an assortment of all the "cool things" they could do with their powers. Many of them being on the RPG game level, like solving element-based dungeons, and defeating element-based foes and puzzles. Lumin was one to geek out in these types of scenarios, and she was certainly cornering the market on "nerds with no real lives." at the moment. Like a child at Christmas, or that person in class who somehow manages to make a perfect score on a particularly difficult math test. Her previously short depressed mood on the burning wood paling in comparison to her newfound charisma.

Blinking with wide eyes as cora listened to lumin excitedly talk or more like excitability ramble about their powers, what they could do with them, use them, if she felt anything when she used them, form them, different scenarios. She had never seen lumin this excited before or even talk this much before even though they only met a day ago but it was different not in a bad way at all. As lumin continued to ramble cora found herself smiling as the other girl went on "So you have a few ideas in mind ?" Letting out a chuckle it was cute how excited lumin had gotten and began to ramble, she was deffiently the more outspoken of the two of them.

"What- Oh... Yeah, I was thinking about my... umm, video-games." Lumin immediately regained her composure as much as she could. "Yeah. Anyway...W-we should keep going towards the city. Or we'll waste all of our resources into the forest." Lumin let out a poorly contained laugh herself, moving towards the horses again. Climbing onto her horse, Lumin waited for Cora to get settled onto her own steed before starting their trek once more. "That was fun though, right? I've got a feeling that we'll get our powers under control soon enough." Taking the reins in a firm grasp, Lumin once again watched the scenery go by. "I mean, I know I wasn't the coolest of people back there, but these do somewhat classify as 'superpowers' I've always wondered how it'd be if I had powers. What about you?" Lumin decided to ask one more question, before they fell back into total silence again.

Chuckling as she walked back to her horse, climbing back onto the mount taking the reins in her hands "I hope we do I'd rather not ruin any more blankets from ice" as they continued onwards. Smiling as she recalled lumins excitement a few moments ago "Considering that you have powers I think your much cooler than other people" letting her smile fall as they passed the scenery back to the silence "I have wondered what'd be like to have powers but..." she couldnt find the words to say, when she was younger and with her mother she wished she had superpowers to help her mother, to make her better, what would it be like if her mother was still alive, would they be happy, scrapping by, it was a thought that cora liked to have.

"Yeah, I used to..." Lumin trailed off, remembering a much more naive version of herself, and exactly how similar she'd been acting to that self. Ending her incomplete thought with a smile and a nod, Lumin allowed her gaze to fall back onto the trail in front of them. The duo continued on the trail for a long time after that, the uneven ground oftentimes giving way to smooth plains and valleys. Lumin couldn't help but notice exactly how big this world was. She'd thought that her school was big, but it really didn't prepare her for how big an entirely different world would be. As she became caught up in the nature, she noticed a new form in the far distance. Rising smoke, thick in color. She would have thought it a normal fire, but something there had her thinking differently. The smoke smelled nothing like burning wood and animal flesh... It smelled more of bread, and horse dung. Not the most pleasant of smells, but it meant something. They had to be close to something. A large piece of private property, or a smaller town before they reached the capital.

Calling Cora's attention, Lumin pointed out the potential change in scenery, "I think there might be a house over there." As she checked, it wasn't entirely on the map, but if it were private property, there wouldn't have been a need to include it anyway. "We should be careful, but there might be a chance to get more supplies, or maybe even verbal directions to the capital. What would you like to do?"

Back to the silence again cora let's her eyes fall back onto the scenery as they continued onwards. Everything was so green and lush around then, it was nice to see instead of buildings all around even if it did make the trail a but difficult at times. Looking around glancing at lumin to see that the other girl was focused on something in the distance, looking in the direction lumin was she saw rising smoke but didn't seem like a wild fire more like a camp fire or what you'd see out of a chimney.

Looking back to Lumin than to then to the smoke thinking of what they could do, they could go to it but they didn't know if they'd be friendly or not but they could also get directions and possibly supplies like lumin had said. "I think we should see what it is, get some directions like you said but be careful just in case" Besides the village thisd be there second interaction in this world.

"Right. On we go then." Lumin took the lead, spurring her steed on towards the form in the distant. As the form grew closer, Lumin could smell the fire, clean if that made much sense. Not to mention the added scent of something savory. As the y form began to gain depth and detail, Lumin slowly began to form an idea as to why. The prior assumption of private property was grossly underestimated in the face of this large manor. Unlike the rural air the first village brought, this manor was obviously high class, and private was obviously the first of their priorities. High wooden fences, attempting to bring the friendly look of rural country life with the intense aristocratic reclusiveness that comes with this sort of thing. Lumin found that the smoke was still going towards the large manor beyond the fences, and there was a little opening in this barricade where Lumin was guessing they could ride on up to the manor itself and ask for directions.

Forcing down the knot trying to settle in her throat, Lumin followed the length of the fence towards the open gate, Cora in tow. "Here we are... I sure hope they don't mind us going to ask. It seems like they're eating..." Subconsciously, Lumin began to realize her vision slowly began to fade into darkness and various assortments of reds, yellows and oranges. Didn't this happen earlier? Oh! With the stump! But, Lumin didn't do this on purpose... Trying to focus on normal vision did little to correct the issue. Letting the matter drop, though she did curse under her breath. Lumin looked towards the house. The lavish details faded away in grays and blacks, but it led into something else. Small bursts of colors, the heat signatures... At least now Lumin could see the possible people inside, and the fire just a little further now. But, at the same time, she couldn't even see Cora or her own horse, all of them just becoming colorful blobs that take certain shapes. "Let's go..."

Giving the horse I gently kick following after lumin towards the cora assumed farm where the smoke was comming from. As they rode closer and it became clearer that it wasn't a farm at all it was like a mansion but it was obvious that who ever lived in it was rich or high in society and if they were would they be willing to help them. Swallowing as they rode along the high fence more nervous than before about asking them for directions but the smell from the food they were cooking was making her stomach rumble that's right they didn't eat when they stopped.

Nodding glancing at lumin as they rode through the open gate now finally seeing how fancy the house really looked, they must really be rich or high up than would they have guards since they are in the middle of no where and who knows what's in the forest plus it's on the main road.

Lumin nearly rode into a well-placed fountain just in front of the doorway, if it hadn't been for her stead. The horse pulled against the reins tightly, forcing Lumin to lurch forward and look around. Straining her eyes, she could see the vague gray outline of the fountain and sighed. "Well, let's see what we can do about this." Hopping off of her horse, Lumin attempted to inspect the doorway in front of her. In failing that, she turned to Cora. "Hey..." She didn't want to tell her friend that she couldn't see color or anything without a heat signature, but even the most semi-clever lie was escaping her. Without a reason, Lumin just reached her arm out as far as she could, "Do you mind if I hold onto your arm? This... this place is pretty intense." That way, not only would she be able to keep herself out of trouble, but also, she wouldn't lose track of Cora in this large mansion. Until, you know. she eventually let go and went on to her own things.

For now, though, Lumin just needed someone who could see in color. Like, not her. It also seemed that- wherever the door was- some heat signature was about to come through it. Maybe the guards that should be doing their jobs? Lumin didn't really know, but her skin bristled at her own helplessness, as well as the sudden feeling that everything was a bit too cold. "Someone's coming!" she whispered, trying to make heads or tails of the forming shape.

Pulling back the reins on her horse stopping it once they reached the doorway looking over to Lumin to see her and the horse close to the fountain 'horse must be thirsty' cora thought leasing her horse to the fountain as well. What wait? Hold onto me. "Oh um sure just careful I'm cold" steeping closer to Lumin offering her my upper arm to hold onto. Once she was sure lumin had a good hold she looked at the mansion again 'I mean as far as mansions go it nice but not astonishing' it was worrying to say the least, was lumin okay maybe it's just a bad reminder or could it be her powers they could be making her dizzy or something else she'd have to ask lumin later.

Quickly looking at the door as it began to open revealing a man who was frowning at them with a hand on the sword at his hip. He must be a guard from what he wearing, swallowing "Hello sorry to interrupt you but we were wondering if we could ask for directions...?".

"How'd you-?" The man's eyes looked between Lumin, Cora and their horses. "The gate must be open..." he mused in a very gruff voice. He began to rest the pommel of his blade in his own hand. "This manor will permit no trespassers, willing or none. I'm afraid you're gong to have to-" Lumin held a hand out, weary of the forms around her. "P-please!... Only a moment of your time, Sir. I-I'm blind..." Lumin winced a little, only imaging the facial expressions she was being faced with. "we followed my friend's instructions for a time, but were surely lost. We do not wish to intrude upon this land." The soldier's hand flinched away from his sword a moment, instead he took strong steps toward the duo. Looking them over with a sneer. "So you're blind? How am I supposed to believe that?" Lumin flinched in response, and keeping an steely gaze on his neck, she spoke, as if looking nowhere. " What do you wish for me to say, sir?" The soldier sneered once more, "How do you know where I am if you're blind."

"Y-you're in front of me, right?" Lumin stumbled over her words, on purpose, "... I can f-feel your breath on my face... A-are you tall?... And, umm... H-have you been drinking, sir?" The form of the soldier flinched away. "Gah. You, " he started, turning to Cora, "You keep this disabled freak in line, I wouldn't want to be the person responsible for messing up the Lord's things." And glaring back at Lumin, he poked her shoulder roughly, "And you. Don't think I don't notice those scales coating your face and neck. Your kind has a lot of nerve coming this far out to the ocean." Lumin only nodded, actually taken back by the comment. "Yes... Yes, sir." The soldier turned on his heels, marching back towards the door, before turning back, and glaring the girls down. "Come along."

Blind? So lumin couldn't see, was this because of her powers or was she simply just playing to get into the mansion it had worked but the cora didn't like how the guard treated lumin but they're was nothing she could do about it they needed directions. Following after the guard into the mansion and down the hall glancing over to Lumin than back to the guard making sure he wouldn't hear "Can you see?" Whispering over to Lumin as they followed the guard into the house passing a few doors than into what must be a living room though they're wasn't anyone in at the moment they must be outside or in another room.

As they were led in, Lumin turned to Cora as much as she could, "What?... I-" Before she could answer her, the guard had them stop in this large living room or sitting area. "I will... ah, attempt to tell the Lord of this Manor why you've come here. Sit here, and don't touch anything." That last part stressed in Lumin's direction especially, and Lumin sneered after the guard as he left. "Do he even know if the Lord of the House is here? I mean-..." She immediately remembered Cora's question. Hesitant, mostly because she didn't know how to answer, Lumin tried her best, "I-I... I can see, just not colors. O-or not many colors. It's just reds, oranges and yellows? But don't worry! I'm fine. It helped even!" Lumin tried to laugh it off, but it was a bit daunting to be sitting in a complete neutral-colored room, with only one bright-colored body right next to her to even register the simplest of details. And Cora wasn't exactly the brightest body, what with her being so cold, temperature-wise.

"Anyway..." Lumin cast her gaze off towards some random object, "The Lord of this house? You think he's going to be a cool guy? Cause I'm under the impression he might be. I mean, he seems to care about the disabled. That's always a good thing with these rich types."

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't see in colour? Looking around seeing a small love seat near by gently pulling lumin with her over to it sitting down letting out a sigh. So lumin really couldn't see or at least see in a different way, what did she say only in red, oranges and yellow it had to be related to her powers which were heat plus the scales so like a reptile "Your seeing the heat...like a..a reptile" That's how she knew someone was comming to the door from their heat but than could lumin even see her even if she didn't she was holding onto her.

Lumin brought up a good point what did he mean attempt to tell, was the master of the house busy eating, drinking, entertaining other people or did he have a disability, that might mean they could be here for a while though lumin could be right about him having a spot for disabled people or he might be bitter cora could feel a slight headache. "Hopefully he'll be understanding but that found smells really good" it wasn't unusual for cora be hungry since they didn't eat usually she could go well passed lunch but right now it felt like she'd hadn't eaten for a whole day was it because of the powers.

"Yeah, that's what I was thinking too." Lumin mused as she was led to sit down on... something. "It might just be about my powers though. I mean... Heat and fire go hand-in-hand, right?" Lumin was once again cut from her next ensuing thought by a voice coming from the next room over. "Presenting to the public, Lord Vaneus Cortwin!" Instinctually, Lumin stood, pulling on Cora's arm as she did so. The guard was scolded as he came into the room, "Wrong. Again. We've been through this. Just because you are my guard doesn't mean that you are incapable of introducing us the right way." the mysterious voiced sounded. Very powerful, very demanding, but with a very key flaw. Lumin winced. He was talking with the royal "we"? She was sure that he was just a lowly lord with large property... There'd been no "majesty" or "highness" in the guard's talks of him, however brief. That would equate to a god complex. Bad new bears for them. But maybe he would be... nice out of charity? A practitioner of philanthropy? Lumin hoped so.

The man that finally entered the room looked a heck of a lot like Legolas from the Lord of the Rings, except with darker hair. Other than that, pretty similar. Well... he might not be able to wield a bow either. "These are the guest that so unexpectedly visited our home? Welcome! Please, tell us what we can do for you?" Lumin suppressed a groan, "...Your Lordship. W-we were just hoping for directions to the capital?"

Nodding agreeing with what lumin had said and was about to respond when the guard started to announce his lord, luckily lumin had pulled her up when she stood. Flinching as the guard was yelled at for his mistake from the Lord as well as the phrasing he had used for himself even if he was a lord he must think very highly of himself.

Blinking as the Lord entered the room he looked very familar for some reason though cora couldn't put her finger on it obviously they'd never met before so maybe a book or movie. Swallowing as cora nodded her head agreeing with what lumin had said bowing her head to him "We're sorry for interrupting...my lord".

The Lord looked them over with a somewhat... indistinguishable look, walking over to them, flaunting his "noble" aura. Lumin wanted to sneer, step back as the elven form approached, but she was standing in front of the chair Cora had moved them to. Not to mention, Lumin could barely see the shapes around them. She was just going to have to deal with the haughty elf lord. Honestly, she felt worse for Cora, the poor girl got to see the man in all his glory. Lumin only saw unusual shapes.

Lord Vaneus Cortwin stood as proud as a male peacock, half-strutting, half-walking before them, and halting before the both of them. "Our humble abode is welcome to all. The House of Cortwin will be more than willing to- Oh!" He suddenly exclaimed, loud, growing closer than before in the blink of an eye. "How beautiful... How exquisite, divine... is this hair as white as snow." Before Lumin could even register what he was talking about, the Lord reached his hand out and gently picked up a piece of Cora's hair. "Rare...This color is like none we've ever witnessed before in a human? Are you human? Why, this color hardly exists among the Elves..." He looked to Cora with such an interest, "How did you ever come to possess this?"

Before Lumin or Cora could even voice their confusion, or uneasiness, the Lord had already taken up another train of thought. "Our good man, bring our guests to the inner sitting room while we prepare them a map... Why, for such a rare beauty we will prepare them a carriage!" He had already began to leave, his guard scrambling behind him, "Sir! You cannot be serious!"

"As a heart attack, my Good Man. Bring them now, or this will be the last task you ever attempt to do."

Cora didn't know what to do the Lord was touching her hair holding it between his two fingers, her body stiffened up she couldnt move or breathe. It wasnt threatening and only lasted for a few seconds before he let go but it brought up a fear that she was all to familar with, she could hear her heart beat in her ears 'Calm down..calm down your okay' without thinking she reached out over to Lumin and grabbed the bottom of the shirt gripping it tightly in her hand as little ice had formed.

Swallowing finally finding her voice "T thank you..my lord y-your to kind...my hair i-is naturally like t-this" shakingly following the guard to the inner sitting room as the Lord had called it.

Status
Not open for further replies.