Chrysalia Chronicle (1x1 Qrow and Magissa Kei)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh, well. My bed back home feels exactly like sleeping on the floor, I guess. Because I didn't feel that different." Lumin shrugged, patting her horse reassuringly as the beast nearly tripped on some waylaying roots. Lumin looked around as the trot continued, taking in as much of the natural scenery around her as her tired eyes could manage. It was rather odd that, at that moment, a thought occurred to her. "Whoa...We really aren't on Earth anymore, are we? That's...well, I don't know what it is, but it's...well, I don't know." Turning in Cora's direction, Lumin continued, "Am I the only one still feeling shock over all of this?" she asked with a childish chuckle.

(Sorry for the late reply work has been very hectic)

Letting out a chuckle nodding her head in lumins direction "Your..not the only one, all of this feels...surreal like a dream but it isn't honestly I don't think it's really hit me yet" looking around at the scenery everything was so green and alive, the air was so fresh it was nice "But it's kind of nice I'm a way..not that I don't miss earth and everything...here it's just kinda new, stress free and..freeing in a way" would it really be so bad if they couldn't get back to Earth, sure it would be hard at first but they could learn.

Shaking her head of the thoughts turning to glance in lumins direction "Sorry I..don't mind me umm..." Even though she felt this way didn't me lumin had the same thoughts and she didn't want to make lumin mad or angry maybe changing the subject "So we don't really know anything about each other...how about playing twenty questions..if not that's okay too" swallowing looking down at the reins giving them a squeeze.

((Don'y worry about it friend))

"Twenty questions?" Lumin snorted, it wasn't actually a bad idea. Honestly it seemed like an interesting thing to do. "Okay, then. If you don't mind, I'll start." Lumin tapped her fingers against the reins in her hand, trying to think up a good question. Well, on the bright side, she'd never met Cora before, so there was a lot to ask her. On the other hand, that meant that there was a lot for Lumin to choose from, and she didn't want to be intrusive or nosy. After a good moment of silent contemplation, Lumin looked to Cora with a devious smile, it was the perfect starter question. "What do you do in your spare time?" Like, yes! That was a great question. so at least then Lumin would know something interesting about Cora and it might help stave off boredom in the future.

Nodding as she waited for lumin to think of a question letting out a breath of relief, glad that she had agreed to the game and they'd be able to learn a bit about each other as well pass the time even though the scenery was nice it got boring to look at after a while.

After a few seconds of thinking lumin seemed to have thought of something good given the smile that she gave cora "Hmm apart from school I like to listen to music, read books or graphic novels, umm go on hikes or walks with the dogs i volunteer with, and watch shows on Netflix or anime" rubbing the back of her neck at the last part a lot of people like anime but there a bit who don't and they like to voice it.

Lumin smiled, "Oh, cool. I don't really get to do much outside of school, but I do like anime and dogs. How-" Lumin was going to ask another question, about volunteering with the dogs, but she realized that she should probably wait until after Cora asked her question. "I'm guessing it's your turn yeah?" Odd, Lumin thought, she knew that everyone in school had similar likes outside of school but honestly it was always something to think about after hearing someone's likes and how similar they were to her own. Shaking her head free of that, she also recognized that no one could share the experience of having scales on their arms or hair turning snow white. Eh, the little things, she guessed.

Smiling holding back her chuckle as lumin stopped herself from asking more questions "It's okay more questions for later" Now what should she ask her, it was good that they just meet so there was a lot to pick from maybe something simple first to start off with "Okay what school do you go to and maybe what your taking if that's okay if not that's fine", both questions were close togethor in subject and be easier to say togethor but it was two questions.

(God, I'm sorry this took so long, I only had time to check in with SAT prep)

Lumin had to think about that question for a bit. She decided to try and answer this question as clear as she could, "Well, don't worry, I can answer this...I go to the Digipen Institute of Technology, I'm trying to get my Bachelor's in Animation." Lumin had to think over the answers, making sure she'd said everything right, because even after she'd been there for two years, she would still get it mixed up a bit. "My next question... hmm, I wanna know what you were doing in the mall the night we ended up in this world. If you don't mind me asking." Lumin even shrugged casually, displaying the relaxed atmosphere of the question.

(No problem buddy it happens, I also apologize I went away for the weekend so I didn't answer until I got back also I'm at work at the moment as soon as I'm off I'll give you my reply.)

(That's fine, thanks for telling me friend-o!!)

The school lumin goes to sounds relally familiar Digipen Institute of Technology I wonder why it sounds "OH your school is really close to mine" That's right our schools are pretty much neighbours except that it takes a fifteen minute walk to get to either one but that wasn't so bad maybe we could visit each other when we get back.

Swallowing she didn't expect lumin to ask her why she was at the mall but it should be fine just have to keep it simple that's all "I was handing out resumes..I'd like to get a part time job so my aunt and uncle can stop sending me money" clenching the reins in her hands embarrassed and anxious that was to much what happened to keeping it simple "What about you..why where you at the mall?".

Last edited:
"....Birthday..." Lumin spoke up, leaving the word hanging in the air as she suddenly began to think more and more about it. Her brothers' birthday presents, the expensive birthday presents that sent her out at nearly ten o' clock in the middle of the night, tearing her away from her test: both were lost in the body of water when Lumin and Cora fell into the sky. "...T-that is, I was looking for birthday presents for my twin brothers. My mom told me to get them something." Lumin sucked in air through her teeth. She hated so much that everything she'd taken out of her own precious food funds were lost to the sea... Inwardly cursing her luck, Lumin looked to the sky for a moment. "Well, whatever. I knew I shouldn't have gone anyway, now they don't get presents. When's your birthday, Cora?"

Tilting her head to the side while looking at lumin "Birthday?" Oh she must have been buying birthday presents for a family member or maybe even a friend but wait there wasn't any bags or even cora resumes in the lake they fell in than the gifts are still in the mall in the fountain. "Sorry that you lost the presents for your brothers...I bet they would have loved them though" hoping to cheer lumin up a bit "My birthday is September 13th. Do you have any tattoos?".

((Sorry about the delay again, I was somewhat distracted. Not anymore though, so I'll be ready to respond on time after this!!))

"Not a one." Lumin shrugged, looking over the side of her steed. "Not really interested in permanently marking my body." With another moment's thought, Lumin took out her map, making sure they were on track. They were still on track, thank goodness, for a moment she'd worried that they'd lost track in their conversation. "So, do you have any pets?" She remembered her question from earlier, about the volunteer work. She even prepared her next question in the back of her mind, storing it until Cora could answer and ask her own question.

(It's happens no problem buddy glad your back)

"Only one a family dog" smiling thinking about the big dog "His name is Benjamin, he's a Wolf hound but he's a big suck up I usually take him him with me when I walk the shelter dogs" bringing a hand up to block the sun from her eyes finally noticing just how much time had passed since this morning. Oh right it was her turn to ask a question now she didn't want to get to personal but she did want to know more about lumin "So do you have a boyfriend or girlfriend back on earth" Hopefully that wasn't to personal it was a general questions but what if she did, feeling disappointed and guilty. Wait what disappointed why would I feel that I mean I've only known lumin a day.

"...Uh, no. Life didn't exactly work in my favor that way." Lumin once again felt a shrug taking over her shoulders, shaking off the feeling of stiffness as best she could. "I'm too busy, I think. You know how life is for some people. They wait too long, and they miss out." Lumin was so excited, quickly disregarding her loneliness, "So, we obviously got powers from this world...Do you think we should be trying to figure out what they are?...Or rather, in shorter terms, have you done anything mystical recently?" Lumin remembered the warm glow she could create under her own skin, and for a little bit thee, she'd even been able to exert the heat onto other surfaces, as in the case of the food and keeping herself warm somewhat. Hell, even the burning of her original clothing, if one wished to count that horrible mistake. They had a pretty good opportunity to traverse the endless possibilities of being able to do magic! Practically magic! Of course, much of the excitement Lumin had for this scenario was due to her being mainly a geek, but still...

"Oh sorry to hear that me either" oddly enough she felt happy that lumin wasn't dating any one, but lumin had brought up a good question they didn't really know anything about their powers though he had said something about ice elementals and yeti's to cora. "Back at the village he said something about my powers belonging to ice elemtals and yeti's, like the white hair and ice powers but I'm not sure what else I could have that are from them to though back at camp I put out the fire by completely in casing it in uh ice."

We're there other things she might have missed the white hair was obvious, her skin was more paler, she hardly if even felt the cold, she was probably cold to the touch and if she got to upset or emotional her powers would react just like in the village with the blanket "Honestly I think we'd have to try them out to really see".

"Yeah... You think so?" At that exact moment, Lumin brought her horse to a complete stop. Eyes immediately wandering around the area, looking for the right... "Ah. Alright there we go." Lumin hopped off of her horse, turning back to Cora with a mischievous smile, and beckoning her on as well. "Let's try out our powers then... like on this dead tree." Lumin now stood right in front of a rather poor subject of a tree. Obviously dead, it's body was huge and splintered, gnarled and even the roots around it were beginning to pull up in an unnatural way. Lumin figured there'd be no problem experimenting with their powers on a tree such as this. It was... dead, from the looks of it, and they could even try and practice containing the area. I mean, they couldn't exactly assume every one they met would greet them kindly, and there wasn't a concrete rule that they wouldn't have to fight to go home.

"Would you like to try with me?" Lumin asked, actually very, very excited about the whole aspect. It would be like a training tutorial, but no voice in their heads that only they could hear.

Stopping her horse along side lumins "Wait you want to try right now" getting off her horse following lumin over to the dead tree as she glanced around the area. Well it wouldn't be a bad thing to try out their powers and lumin seemed very excited as well it they came across something it's be good to at least have an idea on how to use their powers.

Looking at lumin seeing how excited she was to try out their powers she nodded in agreement "Okay umm so how should we start" Hopefully lumin had an idea apart from the blanket she ruined and the fire she put out she didn't have any real idea on how her power worked.

"Well..." Lumin looked to the stump for a moment, attempting to sort the sentence out in her mind. "I was thinking we'd start with your powers first. They're a bit less... destructive" Lumin weighed the options of dealing with a frozen stump versus a wild forest fire. "Yeah, I... Maybe you could focus on just surrounding this stump with ice. Just, freezing it over? We'd have a good start there." Lumin tried to think up encouraging words, like her math professor would do when she needed to stay behind to go over the lesson. "I-I don't really have a good way with words...But I read somewhere once that powers like yours, they usually work when the user can think cold on the inside and then force that feeling out into the real world. Ah, maybe you should visualize the area first... Or maybe..." Lumin became quieter, immediately just pointing directly at the stump. "You know? It might just be better for you to do whatever feels natural and just ignore my musings. I'm cheering for you. Right over here."

As she said it, Lumin stepped away from the stump, sitting under the shade of another tree nearby. "You got this!" Her attempts at encouragement sounding as she held a triumphant fits in the air.

Smiling as she listened to lumin trying to give her the best explanation or at least the best she could come up with at the moment but she was trying. "Right okay" walking over to the stump looking it over it certainly was a dead stump.

Even if lumins explanation wasnt the best she did make a few good points, closing her eyes visualizing the ice around the stump. Once cora had a good picture in her head raising her arm to the stump remembering what she did to put out the fire but also what lumin said, focusing on the cold ice from the inside than beginning to move it outward to her arm, hand than outward to surround the stump in ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.