Chronicles - The Mourn Wood Trail

For those who couldn't make it, allow me to recount the Character Deaths in order of falling!

- Lily: After playing her music for as long as she could, a Gorillon charged and swiped her. It's assumed her neck shattered on impact.
- Venevale: After a close-range lightning bolt channeled through his dagger, a second Gorillon grabbed ahold of him and tore him apart.
- Kyras: Putting up a good fight against a third Gorillon and a Wererat inside one of the bandit's tents, he was not expecting Ya'al's first Negative Energy Burst, which ended his life.
- Ya'al: On his dying breath, surrounded by enemies, Ya'al let loose his final Negative Energy Burst, hitting himself with it as well - falling to dust in defiance.
- Orrs: Having started to flee before Kyras and Ya'al's deaths, he was a pretty good distance away. However, he was quickly followed by the four final lycanthropes and made his last stand against them.

The F&S Guild will find the camp next session. It's on the way to the Southern Battlements.

So yeah... we'll have to have Alaistor deal with the diseases or something...

It was pretty cool how Kyra basically went full Legolas on those Gorillons. Soot was having a hard time against just one of them before realizing that this wasn't the task she had signed on for and left everyone to die. So props to him, may he burn in Hell.

If we're lucky, the party members that went "last stand" will end up as summoned enemies later in the game. I figure we must have impressed -something-.

It was pretty cool how Kyra basically went full Legolas on those Gorillons. Soot was having a hard time against just one of them before realizing that this wasn't the task she had signed on for and left everyone to die. So props to him, may he burn in Hell.

Im not entirely sure i was doing it right. Never used ranged combat before. Either i was doing it wrong or i had made a perfect archer class for inflicting dmg.

Playing a ranged combatant is sorta like playing a sniper.

Pick the biggest, nastiest-looking motherfucker on the opposing side, then shoot him in the face.

by doing a full attack i was shooting off 3 arrows doing on average about 50-60 dmg a round. Was buffed with gravity bow and aspect of the hawk. It felt too strong for a level6

Ahhh, you were using your ranger spells? Yeah, that makes sense for what else you've done.

You think ranger is bad? I really do suggest you take a look at an archer-based rogue. Or worse, the thrown weapon rogue.

Funny you say that Frost. Last night while watching Kyra, I made the same remark about making an archer/rogue. XD

Tempted to take Lorn in that direction, after the next level up.

Plan it out before you decide to head in that direction so of the Archer feats have high perquisites for class other then a Ranger. Improved precise shot being one. But a sneak attack short bow attack :p

If you're thinking of making Lorn into an archer or thrower, check out the Sniper and Knife Master archetypes. Both of which have gotten me very far. If you're curious, I have a Rogue that's a Knife Master - a "thrower" rogue. Lobbing out four or more knives per round, dealing sneak attack damage every time. She lobs daggers when enemies move nearby. She's pretty much a storm of knives. Much pewpew.

If you're thinking of making Lorn into an archer or thrower, check out the Sniper and Knife Master archetypes. Both of which have gotten me very far. If you're curious, I have a Rogue that's a Knife Master - a "thrower" rogue. Lobbing out four or more knives per round, dealing sneak attack damage every time. She lobs daggers when enemies move nearby. She's pretty much a storm of knives. Much pewpew.

Frost tahts a very unhelpful suggestion. Who is going to find all the nasty traps Asmo throws at us, unless Torrim is just gonna stumble around setting them off :)

Please dont do that. The group will be dead in a matter of days as we wouldn't have anyone for trap searching and disarming :(

Unless we take a NPC rogue with us every time we go into the castle, or stock up on a shit load of magic scrolls could work as magic can replicate most abilities to some extent

Torrim's thick skull can handle those traps. =]

Why? Lorn can still trapfind. In fact, any class can with Perception. Any class can disarm traps with Disable Device. The Trapfindinf rogue ability in Pathfinder is just a minimal little bonus to those skills. Losing it isn't really all that special.

Why? Lorn can still trapfind. In fact, any class can with Perception. Any class can disarm traps with Disable Device. The Trapfindinf rogue ability in Pathfinder is just a minimal little bonus to those skills. Losing it isn't really all that special.

Im still set in my 3.5 ways and sterotypes :)

Retraining to a new Arch type doesn't take that long, and having Lorn as an archer would be a benefit to the group.