Chronicles - The Mourn Wood Trail

O_____O

Get better Grumpy!! And you don't need to apologize about missing the game. @__@

Well bugger me.

Okay, time to plan the fastest session of my life.

*dons sunglasses*

Are people still coming tonight?

I have encounters. *holds up the shinies*

Then I welcome you all.... to the fastest D&D session I've ever planned.

When I logged in just now, Grumpy had maps and monster tokens set up. I've simply thrown together a plot from what I could see.

If it matches what Grumpy had in mind, then I am officially awesome and you must all line up to suck my dick.

I shall send Ya'al to suck in my place.

Hope you've had all your shots.

Also...

GENTLEMEN, IF I MAY MAKE A SUGGESTION?

Let Asmo have a shot playing a game instead of running one.

Thoughts?

You're a cunt. Those are my thoughts.

I -would- run a game, but it would have been very short notice, and possibly very bad.

I would, however, guest-DM in the future.

I wouldnt mind guest DM too, probably gonna be a while but already got my pad and scribbling down idea and plans for it.

I wouldn't mind if you guys played my game although being such a new DM, there would be a lot of hiccups. >.< I'm still learning after all.

Great session asmo, even better knowing how short a time span you had to prepare.

Yes, a good knee-jerk session. It's encouraging to know I can still wipe a party out, even if it is with four-armed gorillas.

Now.... I must inform you all of a very strange thing that happened at the end of the session, after most of you logged out. You will think that it's blatant husband-wife favourtism, but Frost was there to witness it, so he can attest that we actually rolled these actions...

The Dragon bit Soot, choosing not to harm her but instead infect her with its Lycanthropic curse.

Frost then reminded me that monks are immune to that.

So the Dragon spat Soot out.

Soot then sat up and punched the Dragon with her Vampiric Touch magic item, which sucked out some temporary hitpoints for her.

I then made the STUPID mistake of using my Breath Weapon, thinking it would be a stylish kill.

Soot then rolled a perfect dodge with evasion.

Soot then spent a ki point to increase her speed to 70 and promptly ran 280 feet directly away from the Dragon and into the forest.

I wasn't too worried, because I got an attack of opportunity, and with +21 to hit I was assured of a casual swipe kill.

I rolled a one.

Soot ran off into the forest.

Again, I wasn't too concerned, because the Dragon could use its bond with the forest to detect where Soot is and chase her down at leisure.

I then realised that Soot had put on the ring she looted from the bandit captain, which was... due to honest-to-God treasure rolls... a ring of Mind Shielding

-___-

So... Soot is still alive and running through the forest. I passed out in the midst of confusion and hilarity, and chose not to resolve the issue.

It's possible there's a mad, injured monk leading a Green Dragon straight towards our tavern...

Anyway, back to the main quest....

Hopefully with lack of survival they stay lost. Don't want to come back to our nice rebuilt Tavern only to find it destroyed

Was not expecting this. I made Soot to do one thing and one thing only: Punch stuff until it explodes. She has no knowledge nature, local or survival skills outside of her Drow society, because hey, she spent her life on the fringes of Drow society. Her only fighting chance is that she knows which path to take now and if she can find a place to rest for a while, she can regain her ki pool and some hitpoints.

Not holding out much hope for that, though. I'm leaving this decision entirely up to Asmo and Grumpy (since he was supposed to GM this bitch).

On the other hand, fighting a big ass dragon might be a great chance for some major XP for us. If we can get all of our heavy hitters to show up that night, I think we have a good chance of taking the fucker down. We've got near perfect synergy with this group.

Suddenly I'm reminded of why I was fucking terrified of hospitals when I was a kid. Lots of very bored looking medical officials with sharp needles: the NHS doesn't exactly fill you with confidence and reassurance.

Really, really, really sorry for disappearing on you folks last night, and big thanks to Asmo for saving the day. I think that's two guest GM sessions I owe you now, at the very least.

I can attest that the Monk vs. Dragon encounter happened exactly as Asmodeus and Tegan said it did, and it was hilarious.
Everything pretty much happened the way I hoped it would in that encounter. I imagine the dragon was so distraught from the loss of it's treasure that she wasn't really trying all that hard. My hope is that some of those diseases spread to the rest of her lycanthropic minions! While it's unlikely that the main group will ever go to that bandit camp to loot our ex-characters, the memory still stands (and I got to tell a great story to my IRL gaming group of how an Evil-aligned session is supposed to go/end.)

S'all good, Grumpy. It was still a good time, and people died. :D

... LMAO!

Nice going Tegan. And yay possible Dragon encounter!

Also I hope you're feeling okay Grumpy.