Chronicles - The Mourn Wood Trail

Seems grossly unhelpful to party dynamics.... We'll have to put you in a separate part of the battlefield at all times.

o_O

Well, I imagine it'll just be anything adjacent to him (within 5ft). So it's not as dangerous as you'd think unless you really feel the need to hug Ya'al.

im gonna have to carry a scroll of cure disease with me all the time just in case Obamacare doesn't cover it when i get infected :D

Maybe I'll have "Avoid Contact With Skin" written across Ya'al's chest piece.

*gives up trying to find tokens that look like the character pictures*

*hides from Zen under the duvet*

Sounds like zen knows what's she's doing with roll20.

Vote for zen as next guest GM

Would perhaps something like these fellas work?

tokens_zps8d9910c5.png

Those are what I use for my game Grumpy! Although my friend makes them for me so I don't know how to do it myself... XD They're very handy though and I have a huge collection of NPCs and monsters.

You kids and your computers. Those are pretty boss, though. Most of our eyes were trained to look for our specially marked square of paper on a cardboard map. Good times.

Almost done with my sheet. Just need to finish buying gear and fix one massive oversight I made last night.

Last edited by a moderator:
>_> Depending how helpful my bard is in this game, it may become one of my favorite classes. YAY SUPPORT!

Bards are amazing, and don't let anyone tell you any different.

It's one of my personal favorite classes: the ability to specialize in one aspect of an adventuring party (combat, stealth/skills, healing, buffing, combat magic) and still be decent at the other types is a glorious thing. While it is a 'joke class' to a great many people ("I walk into dungeons and sing at people"), the reality is that it's one of the greatest classes available, and it has been for quite some time. In Pathinder, the ability to pick up an Archetype to really focus your bardic abilities opens up a great deal with it: I have an 'Arcane Duelist' character who's an eight foot tall amazonian woman and the party's melee.I also have a narcoleptic catfolk bard (Sandman archetype) who's crowd control is amazing, putting enemies to sleep and ripping enemy spells out of mid-air.

In 3.5 have Smiling Dreamer, the young coyote-folk in the longest running game I've ever been in (and one of the games I got to play from beginning to end). Sweet little Smiles just picked up whatever the party needed at the time, while acting as their healer. He became the party's favored ally, which was nice.

Frost is the Bard as Cerulean is to Cleric. I love'm. Before Kiyoshi, my original thought was to create a bardic support character, but went with the wizard because I felt the party needed one. With all the hell that Kiyoshi puts Asmodeus through, as well as my own fun levels, I regret not going with my original (musical) choice.

>=[

Finished DMing my first combat encounter. My party busted through everything so now I must make things much harder. They will regret this wish.

Edit: Although on the plus side, two of my party have contracted an S.T.D.

Last edited:
That's how Manson kept people in line.

And yeah, I've found decent enough icons to represent our characters, so we don't have to use FACE-COINS unless you want to.

*peeks behind the DM screen at Grumpy's maps*

HOLY SHIT

*rushes to re-draft his character but is struck down by a god bolt*

x__x

Well, chums and chumettes, I'm afraid I have some bad news.

I'm about to have to go and pay a delightful visit to the hospital because mah face has decided to swell up like a fucking beach ball. Given that this is probably something to do with an infection I'm already taking antibiotics for, they're probably gonna be keeping me in for the night to pump me full of delicious drugs.

This puts a bit of a dampener on tonight's plans, I'm afraid. I do apologise most profusely, guys. We can maybe see about re-arranging the date to tomorrow night, or sometime this week?

S'all good, Grumps. It's very difficult to DM when your face doesn't really want to. /nod