2. Female
Genres
~ Yaoi
~ Yuri
~ Modern/Slice of life
~ Modern Fantasy
~ Organized Crime/Yakuza/Mafia etc
~ Gods/Demi Gods
~ Vampires and Werewolf's(But nothing too Twilighty.)
~ Steampunk / Apocalyptic Steampunk
~ Apocalyptic/Post
~ Horror/Thrillers
~ Childhood friends
~ Best friends
~ Arranged Marriages
~ Incest
~ Online Dating
Since the holiday is coming around in almost three weeks, I thought it'd be cool if we shared some of our Christmas traditions! What do you do to celebrate the holiday? Do you do anything annual or do you try different things every year?

Here's some of my traditions:

Putting up the tree and decorating it the day after Thanksgiving.
Hanging up Christmas lights in my room and lighting candles
Binge watching Christmas movies on the first snow day while drinking hot chocolate
Wrapping Christmas presents a week before the holiday
Make a ham dinner on Christmas eve and then having a big home made breakfast with some family on Christmas day.

• Love
Reactions: The Devil
Family sits at home and eats, worrying about what to do for Chinese New Year.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Greenie
We have so many it would take a novel... But one of our longest standing traditions is Christmas Eve, everyone gets one pre Christmas gift to open. Warm cozy Christmas jammies :)

Well my birthday is on Christmas... So I've always had a few traditions regarding the holidays. When I was younger I always got my birthday cake and presents on Christmas Eve (unless a party pooper got me a Christmas AND birthday gift, then I had to wait. D:<) And like EJ we always open one Christmas present on Christmas Eve too!

For the past six years, my dad, step mom, and I have all drank a bottle of spiked eggnog on Christmas Day. >_>;;

• Love
Reactions: Elle Joyner
So many. Christmas is so important to me and my mother. The rest of my family loves Christmas as well, but it is particularly special to us. She has passed down her love of Christmas on to me, which she gained from her family. Every year I really miss my oma and opa who had such a special way of celebrating the holiday.

I'm not religious, but there are a lot of religious themes that invoke sentimental feelings in me. Namely the nativity. My grandparents had a spectacular nativity display. Ours is pretty great, too, though my aunt and uncle inherited the one from my grandparents. We always wait to put baby Jesus in the manger until Christmas morning haha.

Otherwise:

Christmas music! But not just any Christmas music. Very specific Christmas music. Specifically Boney M's Christmas (Zion's Daughter is a particularly special one), Nana Mouskouri (Old Toy Trains is basically my 'gonna start crying' sentimental song), and the Transeamus . There's also an instrumental CD, but I can't remember the artist. And Elvis Presley lol. But that's mostly just for my mother.

My mom decks the SHIT out of the house for Christmas. Like it is completely unreal. Not outside; outside you'd think nobody cared about Christmas decorating. Inside, it's like Christmas threw up everywhere. Except it's all very nicely coordinated and beautiful. She even wraps all of the paintings up in wrapping paper. I do this to a lesser extent, but probably only due to a lack of space and funds. :' )

My brother, dad and I all wrap our gifts on the 23rd or 24th. My mom has no time for this nonsense and always does it well ahead of time. Perhaps we could do it early, but I think it's kind of a tradition for us. Or maybe just me.

My family and I celebrate both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Christmas Eve is basically Christmas for my mom's side of the family, and same with me. It's more important to me than Christmas Day. The main lights are dimmed and lit with Christmas lights and candles when everyone arrives, though my dad insists on turning on the house lights after that. Christmas Eve dinner is basically my favourite meal: garlic pork roast, green bean casserole, red cabbage, sauerkraut (delicious, delicious sauerkraut, with bacon, nothing like the regular sauerkraut you'd see), potato dumplings, and gravy. Though I am in the process of cutting meat out of my diet, so we'll see how this goes...

My brother and I always got to open one gift on Christmas eve. Sometimes we still do this. It depends on how my mom feels haha. Christmas baking is specific at my house: lemon squares (my brother's favourite), poppy seed buns (my favourite), and German gingerbread. If my mom feels like it, sometimes we'll have shortbread cookies.

Even though I am now an adult living on my own, I stay over at my parents' house on Christmas eve, because...

Christmas Day begins by the family all gathering in the living room. Everyone opens their stockings first, and every year we each get a mandarin orange, a chocolate orange, and marzipan (despite the fact that neither my mom nor I like it? but she still puts it in both of our stockings cuz 'tradition'?), along with random goodies. After that, one person (usually me or my mother lol) gets to be the 'elf' and hand everyone their gifts. Then we go around in a circle opening our gifts until they're all finished.

Also because I am now an adult (not that this is a particularly recent development), my mom has tried Really Hard to make Christmas Morning Momosas a thing.

After this we visit my grandmother, and then dinner is spent with my aunt (my dad's sister) and uncle where we have the traditional turkey dinner. My aunt always gets my brother and I a teddy bear and a set of pajamas haha, even at 26 and 28 years old. I look forward to it every year. Christmas baking consists of butter tarts (CANADIAN BEST), mince meat tarts (gross no thank you) and then some chocolates. Especially brandy beans. Brandy beans are gross. The only one who eats them is my dad.

SIGH I REALLY LOVE CHRISTMAS CAN YOU TELL
The past few years have been difficult for me, however, because my mental health has been poor. However, I am feeling pretty good this year. I hope I will finally feel as warm and happy as I used to this Christmas. That would be awesome.

• Love
Reactions: rissa and TarotNoAi
We go through our stockings every Christmas Eve. Then we watch old christmas movies until midnight, even if they're old and boring. Gotta.

Family
- We always decorate the tree about 3 days after putting it up. It raises the anticipation of the holiday itself.
- We always have at least a 20lb turkey.
- Presents are just kind of opened spontaneously on the day of.
- I tried to do the whole "open on Xmas Eve" thing, but no one else would do it with me, so it felt self-serving more than anything.

Friends
- When we open presents it must go one-by-one in a circle so we can share the arduous journey of how we got these presents. After all, everything that can go wrong does go wrong during the Xmas season. One year we marked the gift opener with a Santa hat, maybe I should bring one this year...

Tree goes up. Presents go under. Big meal. We used to wait till 12 o'clock to open presents. But people got lives to lead and better things to do. So mostly we just wait till like 10. So some family members can leave. Unless it's just the immediate family. Then we might wait. Course I don't care about presents anymore. D:

We watch a Christmas movie of some sort every Christmas Eve. ^_^

For dinner on Christmas eve we always have Hawaiian toast. It's basically just cheese on toast with ham and a ring of pineapple slide underneath the cheese but it is a family wide favorite. My grandma saw the idea in good house keeping or some similar magazine back in the 60's when pineapple was a new and exciting thing and its stuck ever since.