Christmas Gift Peeking

Have you ever sneaked a peek at your presents?

• Yeah, and I even got away with it!

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Yeah, but I got caught...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope. I've thought about it though

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No way! Who would ever do that!?

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • We don't celebrate Christmas in my house.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Delnoir

A Relic of a Bygone Era
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
The topic says it all. Simple and to the point people: Have you ever sneaked a peek at your Christmas presents before Christmas Day?

I personally have. And have gotten away with it. Feigning surprise is harder than I thought though.

'Course I have... every year.... was never caught but everyone knew anyway... it was kinda expected.

Yeah, I looked every chance I got. It wasn't very hard, considering my parents weren't really observant. xD

I never really needed to. They always asked me what I wanted and I was like "This and this are pretty cool." What do you know I get them that day. All the suprise in our Christmas has been taken away while it is more of a feeling of, hey we are all nice to each other for at least 24 hours.

When my parents celebrated Christmas I was too young to even think about looking for presents. I still thought Santa brought all of them. XD

And then when I found out about Santa was the same time we stopped having Christmas. t___t

The Christmases I have had here in Arkansas, the first one was a surprise and the others I don't even try and sneak a peek. XD I like the surprise even though it drives me crazy.

Once when I was younger. Funny thing though, I later found out the toys were for charity.

I felt oh so much better upon learning that the T-Rex that was in the bag wasn't bound for charity but for my toy corner.

Sure it doesn't roar any more and one arm was chewed up by my dog but it's still bad ass to look at.

Jess.... You made me have warm fuzzy feelings again.... DAMN YOU! HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME FEEL HUMAN!

Yeah, I've peeked. And you know what? It's kinda overrated.... I mean.... I'm good at acting surprised. Just forget how big the item is, and then you've got a couple ambiguous items in front of you and you have no idea which is which... But still... I never got caught, but the way my parents always acted was "She never would have guessed!" so I stopped, besides, my brother got caught a lot, so the hiding places started to change.... EVERY YEAR
Still happens.

Hell, this year I KNOW EXACTLY what I'm getting.... they're still going to hide mine.... save for the copic markers... They're on the table, fresh in from the factor.... though I don't know which colors were purchased.... CRAP YOU GUYS MAKE ME WANT TO PEEK!

Yeah, I didn't get a chance to peek this year either but it was easy to figure out.

New slippers: Shook the box.
Xbox Live Gold Card: Felt the plastic.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and WoW Time Card: They tried to trick me by wrapping both together, but the rattle of a wow card in its box is too distinct. Then I stacked a Xbox 360 box on top of a wow card box I had and did a comparison. :D

I never tried to peek, maybe shake a box a little, but we used to have a kind of 'tradition' about getting to open one of our presents up at least 1 day ahead.

ONE TIME I OPENED ONE UP AND UNWRAPPED MY MOST FAVORITEST GIFT OF ALL TIME. A BEDTIME TROLL.

I know people thought they were ugly and stuff BUT I LIKED THEM ;_;

HE WAS HUGE, TOO!

After I think about it, I don't think it was really all that much of a "tradition" as it was my cousin and I were just bugging the hell out of the family too much. OUR PERSISTENCE WAS REWARDED.