Chosen To Save The World (Luna Gillian)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derringer looks at her, "No it's not that, it depends on what the demon does. If it just blends into human society and doesn't do anything, then I leave it alone. But if it goes around killing, say like that one did to children...well then I hunt it down and kill it. But it depends on who or what it's killing. Say a demon was killing convicts, then I won't kill it either. Only because those humans deserve to die. And same thing with bad people, like mobsters and hitmen." He adds. "And I go by a set of rules and codes that I made up myself. And I try not to break them." He adds. He was silent once again and then stares out at the road. Rain had began to fall and hit the windshield. He turns on the wipers, soon that was the only sound that was filling the car. Derringer lets out a sigh and then winds down the window some. Then he rummages around in his pocket and pulls out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. Putting one in his mouth, he lights it. He had the window open, so the smoke could go outside the car. He didn't know if the smoke from it would bother her or not.

Luna nodded a bit at his hypocritical explanation to hunting demons and not humans , listening to his words, watching the rain fall down in a soft pitter-patter. Yet with the silence came worry, she rarely left home, especially when she hadn't had a chance to tell anyone she was leaving. Sure, an orphan with no family might have no problems leaving his home to aid some random person half way across America. But Luna had fish to feed, chores to do, an entire forest to protect from intruders and fire starters. Punk kids would come to her forest for sex games and starting fires and picking fights with animals, they she had no pity for no matter how high they screamed for their mothers. Drunken hunters would come, sometimes snapping pictures of her, claiming her a witch or siren. She couldn't let her forest be the attention of the media, especially in times like these where people are quick to jump at the slightest signs of so-called "big foots".

She had been alive so long staying hidden. Killing her finders. Keeping quiet. This mission put her entire life on the line in a way she wasn't used to. She glanced at him smoking, she'd heard it calmed the nerves but never tried it herself. "Hey," Luna asked, "can I borrow one of those?"

Derringer looks over at her, "You mean one of these?" He asks as he holds up the pack. He didn't ask any questions about it and just hands her one and also the lighter. And then he was silent and then goes back to staring out the windshield of the car. Lighting flashed acrossed the sky and thunder roared. "Ya know I don't even know why they chose me, they could have chosen a different person for this. I'm not exactly saving the world matieral." He says to her as he takes another puff from his cigerette. "They should have chosen someone else." He adds. "And ya know I don't see this ending very good for us." He adds.

Taking the lighter she flicked the flame and brought out a smoke, bringing it to her lips, "I find it weird as well," she admitted, bringing the flame closer, "I mean if they wanted people to save all of humanity they wouldn't have chosen me. And now that I think about it, how'd they find me and you and decided it'd be great to put two strangers together like this?" Eventually the cigarette was lit, taking in a puff she quickly shut her eyes. The brining sensation in her lugs made her gag, her eyes watering as her insides melted. Yet, for a moment, she at least wasn't thinking about or worrying about the future.

"Ending well huh?" She coughed and gagged, holding her cigarette in her hand as she spoke, "What do you mean?"

Derringer looks at her, "What I mean is, what if we both end up dying? Isn't odd? Why send two lowly half demons to take care of something that other beings could take care of." He says. "I mean yeah we have powers and all. But if we have to fight demons and other powerful creatures...shouldn't they have sent someone who is a pureblood of some sort that isn't human instead of a half breed?" He says. Now this was beginning to bug him greatly. "And we really don't know anything about those cloaked idiots...for all we know they could be in cahootz with who ever is trying to raise this so called 'dark entity' and just be leading us on a wild goose chase that will get us killed." He says. And he did have a point, this mission was just thrusted upon them with out an information besides the evil entity and the child that is supposed to save the world. He lets out a sigh and the flicks the butt out of the window. "So I suggest that we don't trust anyone, except each other, and be on our toes at all times. All I can say is this is going to be one hell of a trip," He says. The rain had finally led up and he turns off the wipers. It was still cloudy and gloomy looking out, but at least it wasn't raining any more. He had a feeling that something was up. He looks at her, "I mean it's being too easy...if these so called cultists are full of demons and such, they should know were coming..." He says.

Luna held her cigarette, quickly flicking the whole thing out the window when he wasn't looking, nodding at his words. "Okay, from now on we trust each other. And I am already distrusting of humans, and you hunt demons, I think together we can be okay with trust but... If those cult guys can teleport around whenever they want then.... do you think they could follow us?" She asked, quickly glancing out the window to see the side view, checking for any cars or wagons or demonic dragons following her.

"I mean, if we step out of line or go off the path what if they show up and do something to us? Or listen in on us....? Why are we doing this again?" Luna questioned a bit, then again she knew the answer already: save the world or something or another. Her short attention span wasn't helping. "Forget I asked that, more importantly I suppose I can assume they asked for you because you hunt demons. But me? A pacifist against demons? A despiser of humans? I mean, you're right, this whole thing seems more fishy the longer I think about it."

Derringer nods, "And no I'm not paranoid either. Like you said this just sounds fishy." He says to her. He happened to glance out the rearveiw mirror and noticed that a black cadillac had been following them for some time. And he noticed that it was now hugging their back bumber. "Well I guess I spoke to soon. I noticed that this black car had been following us for a long while. I just thought at first that they were going the same way. But now maybe I am right, because they're basically hugging our back bumper." He says to her. "Either these are bad guys or they have a serious case of road rage." He mutters. "I'm gonna do something, while I do this, you will have to take the wheel. I don't care how you drive the damn thing, just don't make us crash into anything." He says. And then he looks at her, "Let me guess there is no garentee that, that won't happen right?" He asks.

But Derringer was right, the car was full of some of the lackies of the bad people. They had weapons of all sorts, ranging from hand guns up to explosives and they were told to take Luna and Derringer out. The two men in the back loaded up their guns and cocked them. The passenger did the same thing, the driver had already done it. Derringer then looks at Luna, "I'm going to use the shadows to see if they are bad guys or just an ignorant bastard with road rage issues. When I do this, I won't be able to see or hear anything. That is why I need you to take the wheel." He says to her.

Luna rolled her eyes not sure how dangerous a car could be but she trusted his judgement. "Alright, just move over a bit." She instructed, having never seen guns or other weapons in her life up close and in use, considering her isolation from humans and those she did see were usually drunken campers. Her hands gripped the wheel, swerving a bit, but her focus remained on the road.

"Uh, can you hurry?" She asked, quickly realizing that driving wasn't as easy as humans made it seem even when just on the wheel. "This thing is hard to control." She kept her eyes forward, not daring to taking her eyes off the road for a mere second, her heart thumbing in her head. Wonder if this is karma for laughing at the guy who got in a car accident... No! Focus Luna! Don't let your mind--hmm, wonder what kind of car these guys have. Can we drive that one? We could return this one to whoever owned it and take there car.

As her mind drifted the car swerved a bit, quickly making her head shake and come back to focus. "I need my music." She told herself, quickly turning her music up to keep her mind in check and focused. Without that, she was a mere jumble of thoughts and ideas and purely a mess.

Once she takes hold of the wheel, he lets out a sigh. And then he closes his eyes. It seemed to him as if he was floating outside his body and went straight into the car that was behind them. He saw that five men were in it and they had all sorts of weapons. Then he returns to his body. "There are five men in the car and they have all sorts of weapons." He says. "I can take the wheel now." He adds as he grabs the wheel. Just as he grabbed the wheel, the car behind them then rammed into the back of their car. "Dammit!" Derringer snaps as he swerves into the next lane. Obviously this wasn't shaking the men. And then the sound of gun fire is hear and the back window is shot out. "Dammit!" He shouts as he ducks. I hope this will loose them. He thinks as he swerves into the other lane and it was the lane where the cars were going the other way. He noticed that the black car did the same thing, and soon boxed them in behind them. The sound of a semi-truck blaring it's horn was heard and it was coming straight for them. "Hold on!" He says to her and swerves back into the right lane, clipping the side of another car. But the black car did the same just in time and rammed into them once again. Shots than rang out again and this time it hit one of their tires...

Luna screamed as the car swerved, her body producing shards of ice out of her arms and ripping through the back of her shirt. Like a frightened hedgehog, her body tried encasing itself in spikes of ice as she tumbled in her chair. "I hate cars!" She screamed, holding her headphones over her head, beginning to panic. Her father wasn't the only one with harsh mood swings.

"If you let me out this car I will fuck them up!" She shouted her ice shards coated in her blood as they stuck out her body. Her mind was rattling ideas, plots, thoughts, regrets, everything she could at once. She shut her eyes tight, trying to not let herself lose her composure, but the rattling and swerving, it was becoming too much. "Either get us out of here or I'm going to lose it," she leaned out the passenger window, her shards of ice on her right arm releasing and jamming into the front of the black car, quickly pulling herself back in, "whoa..." She panted, her arm bleeding on the car's passenger seat. "I'm getting dizzy..."

Her wounds froze over, helping to stop the bleeding, but the majority of the left side of her body still head shards, waiting to release them at a moment's notice.

"Will you stop with the damned screaming!" He snaps at her. He had tried stopping the car to the best of his ability and it fish tailed and went into a circle and then hit a guard rail. "Those bastards are going to pay!" He snaps and jumps out of the car. The black car had stopped near by and men got out with the guns and they all aimed them at Derringer. Derringer was highly pissed off by now and sometimes when he got a little too angry, he tended to loose control. "Like those guns are going to do any good against me." He snaps as the men. Who began to open fire on him, which was no use. It was like they were shooting through a shadowy mist. And he reconfigured himself behind one of the men and gutted him with his sword. The other four turn and aim all thier guns at his head. "Why must people always have to use guns?" He says as one of the men shoot him in the shoulder and actually manage to clip him. He jumps over their heads and lands where he was once before. Now that had pushed him over the edge, and with a roar he began to transform.

She took the wheel of the car again, her body growing weak, mind beginning to fade from the loss of blood. "Stop...." Luna told herself, but the ice shards growing out her left arm began to get bigger, she needed to get them out before they ripped her skin apart. Luckily her foot pressed against the brakes, keeping the car still and her body trembling. She turned the key and pushed the stick to park, shutting the car off and stepping outside.

Swinging her left arm out, her shards flew across the air, the ice puncturing the black vehicle causing smoke to appear. Her body tried to stop the bleeding, ice molding over her circular wounds, the music in her head keeping her calm. She watched as Derringer brought the attack, her vision blurry as she rubbed her eyes roughly. With the men distracted on him, she faced her palm out at them, forming shards of ice and thrusting them forward, stabbing some of the men in the back and legs.

The men let out screams of pain as the ice hit them in the backs of their legs. They then turn and aim their guns at her. With another angered roar Derringer completely transformed right before everyone's eyes. He stares at the men and seemed to let out an evil laugh. The men go to shoot at Luna and their guns seemed to turn into shadows and mistify away. Then the men let out screams of terror and began to run away. He then goes after the men and surrounds them in shadows. The men began to scream in terror and also sounded as if they were in pain too. There was also a lot of growling and screeching going on as well. Soon there was silence and the shadows disappeared. All four men were gone. And there was no sign of Derringer either. Then he reforms up on top of their car's roof. Covered in blood from head to toe. He blinks and looks around. "What happened?" He asks.

Luna blinked, her legs wobbling, quickly collapsing to floor unsure how to answer his question. She shut her eyes tightly as the ice began to spread thin over her wounds, beginning to mold with the flesh and stitch back together. Her body felt numb, already weak, eventually opening her eyes enough to glare at the sky. "I hate humans," she whispered to herself, her headphones playing soft music in her head, "with a passion.... What now?" She called out to him, lying on the street out of breath and bloody, not caring of the past now that it was over. Yet those men, they had to have had something with them that might have said who sent them, too bad they vanished away to who knew where. She glared up at him on the roof, furious at his nature for killing the humans not thinking to leave at least one alive to interrogate, but it was in the past.

"Well, we should check the car," she suggested still lying on the ground, "they might have some order papers or some sort of hint as to where they came from. Unless you want to send that away in shadows too."

He glares at her, "I didn't send those men away either, I devoured them from the inside out. I told you when I used my full demonic form and powers I loose control. So it's not really my fault that I killed the men." He says. "I think that is a good idea to search the..." was all he says as he trails off, his ears twitching. "Hold on a moment." He says as he walks over to the car. He opens the door and looks in and then smirks. "Well looky what I found. A coward." He says as he yanks a man up, who lets out a yelp of fear. Derringer then throws him to the ground. The man puts his hands over his head and yelps in fear again. "Please don't eat me! Please don't eat me! And don't kill me!" He whispers. He then continues to repeat that over and over. Derringer then looks at her and then at him. He then walks in front of him. "Well if you tell us what we want to know, then maybe...just maybe you can save your yellow hide." He says to him. "Yes! Please! Please! What do I have to do? I'll tell you anything you want to here! Please just please! Spare me!" He says as he latches on to Derringer's pant leg. He was begging for his life. Derringer looks over at her and rolls his eyes.

"Heh no it's someone else's fault you lose control," she huffed, "you should work on that. Would hate for you to stub your toe and start devouring bystanders." She laughed as she began standing up, her bones cracking a bit as she began to form herself back together. Luna dusted off her clothes, seeing the indeed coward, making her way over.

"Well, it's a human behaving like a chicken, your species can't make up it's mind on what it wants to be." Luna sighed, nudging the human with her foot like it were an interesting yet filthy new discovery, if she had one she'd have poked him with a stick. "So, you have a boss? A leader? A master?" She asked, crouching down to his height, patting his head, "A brain?"

When she nudged him with her foot, the man yelped in fear again. "I really don't know who they are. They were dressed like normal people and yet they had weird powers like you two have. And they told us to stop you at all costs and that we would be paid a hefty sum of money." He says to them as he continues to cover his head. "What are their names?" Derringer asks. The man began to panic and began to hyper ventilate. "I dunno...I dunno...they called themselves The Sons of Paradise." He says. "That is all I know." The man adds. Derringer didn't know if he believed him at all or not. But he looks over at Luna. He then scoffs, "We should just let him be. He's too pathetic to do anything to'em." He says. He looks at the car that they had been driving and also the car that had the other men in it. They both were out of commission. He sighs as he walks over to their car and grabs the case that had the money in it. "Well now, we need a new set of wheels." He says to her.

"Let him live?" Luna scoffed, forming a shard of ice in her hand, "So he can run to his masters and give them an update on what we are doing?" She laughed at the thought, running her shard across his face, gushing blood on the road as he screamed in agony. Another swipe across his neck, watching his grip his throat to try and stop the bleeding. Another thrust and her shard broke from her hand and remained in the side of his neck.

His squirming and begging ceased, lying in his own blood in the street. "There," she panted a bit, "now at least no one will be running back to anyone.... so, is this where we do that thing people do... Uh, hutch hiking?" She asked, shaking her hand out to restore feeling to her nerves.

Derringer wasn't paying attention to what she had done with the man. But he could care less at the moment. "Yeah...I guess...it's called hitch hiking." He says. And then he walks out into the middle of the highway. A car was coming straight for him. He sighs and concentrates and stops the car with his shadow powers. The person inside the car began to blare the horn at him. He the walks over to the drivers side and opens the door. Drawing his sword, he points it at the person. "Get out now! Give me the damn car and no one gets hurt!" He snaps. The person was smart, seeing a mad man with a sword. They raise their hands and get out of the car and and run to the side of the road. Derringer looks at Luna. "C'mon. Get in and hurry it up!" He says as he puts his sword away and gets into the driver's side. The radio was on and he turns it off. Once Luna was in the car, he pushes the gas pedal all the way down and speeds off.

Status
Not open for further replies.