Chosen of the Gods (Percy Jackson based rp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Dapper Mog

Original poster
So, the premise here is that during the events of the books, another group of demigods was out on a quest of their own, only to wind up lost. Presumed dead or worse, they have struggled to survive in a world filled with monsters, and have to bear witness to the signs of the dark times coming. While the Canon characters won't be interacted with, they will be mentioned. After a time, the group will meet up with another demigod on their own, and from there, their journey back to the camp begins.

Once we reach that, the events will begin to chance slightly to accommodate, but our characters will still be essentially side characters, dealing with other events and issues while the Canon ones handle their endeavors. As such, time skips will be a thing.

So, my primary Character will belong to a separate pantheon, and I'm sorry about this, will be a center for a portion of the plot here because of it. This doesn't mean they are any more important than your characters, just that they're more directly linked with it. Additionally, I've decided to wait to do the prophecy for now, and let you guys help me out by chiming in. This will help me, of course, but, it will also make tying in your characters easier.

Feel free to play a couple characters, but try to stick to Greek gods and goddesses, and avoid Poseidon, Zeus, and Hades, as well as primordial gods as parents, please.

More information and such presented with enough interest!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jessica
*raises hand* My interest has been checked, sir. Do I need to reserve a god/goddess for a parent? Or wait for the CS?

-Placing rainbows here-

Reactions: The Dapper Mog
You may reserve gods or goddesses, if you'd like. ^_^

Nearly any God except Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades. No Hera or Artemis, either. The Hunters of Artemis are pretty neat though.

Artemis sometimes finds young maiden demigods and gives them near-immortality to become one of her sisters in the hunt.

I reserve Nyx! She's the Greek Goddess of Night.

Sorry, sweetheart. Nyx is a primordial goddess. Is what I was going to say. Then, I thought about it, and I'm fairly confident we could work that into her character and the story.

As a child of Nyx, your character would probably be outwardly feared and probably seen as untrustworthy. The other gods, Even Zeus, fears Nyx, and your character would likely be a pretty powerful demigod. However, this means that their gifts and such would be strong but draining, useful, but probably dangerous, and it'd be like having a target on your back with a sign that said "eat me monsters."

As such, I'll definitely allow it, but, you'll be a beacon to monsters, and your drawbacks should be fairly considerable. Hope I didn't scare away your idea. Haha

Nemesis; Goddess of Justice

Thanatos; Personification of Death

(Was looking at those two; Not sure if either would be okay)

Both would be fine.

As a child of Nemesis, you'd be subjected to a principal of balance being enforced on every aspect of life. They often seem Judgmental, or at the least, very stubborn, and always have a strong sense right, wrong, and justice. Your powers, if any, would likely have to do with oaths, upholding and imposing them, while punishing those who do not. Children of Nyx are often great warriors or scholars.

If your mother acknowledges you, she'd likely test your resolve and your faith. If you succeed, she'd reward you, but always at a cost. For a child of Nemesis understands that nothing is free, and a balance must always be maintained.

As for Thanatos, being the god of death of course earns him the ire and fear of humanity. Death is seen as an end, and in some cultures, a new beginning. As a child of Thanatos, you understand that death is both. Thanatos rarely has children, as life isn't so much his forte'. However, when he does, he chooses mates who are steeped in death, those who are either the Cause of it, or are simply surrounded by it. A combat medic who lost too many friends on the battlefield. A funeral home owner, simply seeking to give the deceased a place to rest. A cold blooded killer who saw death as a necessary means to achieve their goals. Your powers, if any, would of course revolve around death. A sort of sixth sense about someone passing, the ability to smell the life of those around you. Or perhaps the ability to bring death to those around you with a touch of a finger. Of course, like all demigods, using your abilities would drain you severely, and using them too much or in too powerful a manner could have lethal repercussions.

That was kinda fun. Haha

I'll be signing on as a Hephaestus kid if ya don't be minding.

I'll be making up a Cs here soon for ya. I'd like to get another person before starting, though. Or two.

(Will use both of them for two characters)

I'm going to continue as Nyx's child. I have an idea in my mind. *lots of huggles* thank you for allowing that.

Appearance:
(A picture is preferred, and I'd prefer more realistic styles if you choose to use art. ^_^)

Name:
(This rp primarily takes place in the United States, where Mount Olympus now resides. Fortunately, America is enough of a melting pot that any and all cultures and ethnicities are fair game.)

Godly Parent:

(As a demigod, you are born of a god/goddess and a Mortal. Which God or goddess?)

Powers:

(Not all demigods have special powers, as not all Gods bestow their children with such gifts. Those who do are potentially powerful, but, every power has it's limits. Be careful with this, as it can be easy to go overboard with powers that are literally "god-like.")

Skills:

(Though not all demigods have mystical powers, most or all are blessed with skills and talents inherited from their godly parent. Though, remember that just because you are like your parents, it doesn't mean you can't have other skills.)

Gear:

(Half-Bloods are often in danger from monsters, which is a primary reason for Camp Half-Blood's existence. As such, they are trained to fight and protect themselves. Different people have different preferences and affinities for different Weapons, just like skills. So, choose wisely. Additionally, if you have already been claimed by your godly parent, you may start with a magical item given to them by their parent. Please, if you do this, have it make sense and make sure you can explain how and why they got it. Especially since most of the minor gods seldom claim their children, and even the major gods don't until after they've arrived at camp and been there for a bit.)

Fatal Flaw:

(Everyone has flaws, Demigods are no exceptions. In fact, what makes them so special actually makes it more so. A fatal flaw is a character defect that has the possibility of getting you, and worse, others, killed. An example would be Medusa's pride, and we all know how that turned out.)

Extra:

(This section is entirely optional! I'd just like to give you a place to put things like:

Fears
Hopes
Greatest Wish
Favorite Food
Favorite Color
Birthday
Favorite Music
Etc...

Also, just like to say thank you if you read this all. Have fun making your peeps!

I'd love to be apart of this, may I snag Eris's son/daughter, greek goddess of discord? :)

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Yes, you may. ^_^ Forewarning, your powers and such will have to be approved. Haha Glad to have you, though. Welcome, kupo!

Reactions: Ali
Appearance:
blacksmith_by_archvermin.jpg

Name:
Leonidus Valentino

Godly Parent:

Hephaestus

Powers:

Master Builder:
Leo has always had an innate knack for technology and understanding them on another level than most people do. He can always see a blueprint within any object he looks at which allows him to possibly mash-up things that normally wouldn't go together and make them work, or break down objects to find something more valuable than its original purpose. This leaves his mind constantly swimming with possibilities as he looks upon the world with a different view than most people.

Gear:

- A Great sword that goes by the name, "Nightingale".
- A tool kit that holds all his more valuable tools.
- A longsword he forged as a means of secondary offense.
- A shield he made which has the symbol of his house painted upon its face.
-His fathiful hammer, Ash, who has never left his side since the day they were united as one.

Fatal Flaw:

Leo has a rather blunt nature about him that causes him to be less receptive towards the feelings of others. He hates dancing around issues prefering to simply skip to the point and be done with the whole affair. This has gotten him into a fair bit of trouble in his life, as he treats everyone the same way with his attitude god, demigod, or human they're all on the same levels in his eyes.

Extra:

Smithing
Solitude
Training
Pushing the limits in everything he does.

Dislikes:
Long conversation
Being interrupted
Emotional beings
Being looked down upon
Those that pick upon the defenseless

Fears
Having to give up his forge
Losing those close to him
Meeting his father

Hopes
To have his works enjoyed by many.
To find someone to call his own.
Have his father finally acknowledge his skill, and maybe come visit.

Greatest Wish
To invent something that even his father must praise him for his efforts.

Favorite Food
Apples

Favorite Color
Red

Birthday
May 7, 1999

Favorite Music
None as he hops between genres.

Yes, you may. ^_^ Forewarning, your powers and such will have to be approved. Haha Glad to have you, though. Welcome, kupo!
Oh haha, I have no doubt things related to strife and discord would need approval - I'm excited to join :D Thank you!

Gonna touch up on these two sheets after some rest ^^

"I am the true descendant of divine justice."

Appearance:

CLICK HERE

Name:

"I am Historia, Historia Lyss..."

Historia Lyss

"Fourteen."

"Are you trying to tell me something?"

Female

Godly Parent:

"Nemesis; My mother is the Goddess of Justice."

Nemesis, The Goddess of Justice

Powers:

"No normal man can surpass my judgement."

Keen Judgement: Historia is capable of telling who is guilty and who is truly innocent by hearing both sides of the story. She does not make her decisions based on how relatable another person is or how much they are antagonized. Or rather, she listens to the tones of voices, has a sixth sense for finding contradictions, and pieces it all together and find out who the real culprit is. Only the greatest judge can rival her.

Skills:

"You can't fool me."

-Lie detection
-Can read a person's body language
-Memorized a good bit of the law
-Strong mindset
-Advanced swordsmanship
-Intermediate hand-to-hand combat

Gear:
-
A long sword that was a gift from her mother, which she calls "Justice"
-A judge's gavel given to her by the first court as a souvenir (for being the youngest and most helpful person on the jury)

Fatal Flaw:
Historia has a large amount of pride about her keen sense of judgement. She knows that she is right when it comes to her finding the truth, and cannot accept hearing that she's proven wrong. Historia accusing the wrong person will make her mentally breakdown and cause vulnerability. The only way she can get back on her feet would be to find anything to support her claim or ease herself through shock.

Extra:

Participating in court cases
Sorting out an argument
Being right
Sword training
Reading novels
Fruits of any kind
Stories in general

Dislikes:

Ignorance
Prejudice opinions
Bigots
Constantly changing story
Arguments contradicting hers

Fears:

Being killed
Accusing the innocent of being guilty
Being unable to live up to expectations

Greatest Wish:

"I can't defy what I'm destined to be."

Become the doyen of Justice

Favorite Food:

"Natural sugar is the best sugar."

Fruits of any kind

Favorite Color:

Gold

Birthday:

November 21st, 2001

Favorite Music:

Alternative Rock

Etc...

"Death's a pretty tricky thing, you know? Some people see it as the end of everything, and other people see it as this.. "new beginning", so to say. I-not that you care- I see as... both."

Appearance:
CLICK HERE

Name:

"Sephtis... Tell me your name, so it's fair."

Sephtis

"Sixteen. Not that it matters."

"I'm a guy.. obviously."

Male

Godly Parent:

Thanatos: Personification of Death

Powers:

"I can tell when someone died... Remember Lydia, your neighbor? Yeah, you should get the police in her apartment."

Sixth Sense: Sephtis has a sixth sense for death, even if the death is not near him. If someone he has met dies, he will be the first to know (or the second if the dead person was victim of homicide)

Black mist: Sephtis can disappear into his mist and use the wind to travel elsewhere. It is mostly to confuse his opponent or use this as an alternative method of transportation, but he doesn't use it all that often.

Skills:

~High reflexes
~Acrobatic
~Advanced in scythe usage
~Advanced in hand to hand combat
~Intermediate survival skills due to traveling
~Able to tell when a person is dead or is going to die in a situation just by sight

Gear:
-A scythe, appropriate for the son of "The Grim Reaper", or whatever they called his father.
-A chain cuff on his left wrist, to remind him of the fool they take himself and his father for.
-Backpack of snacks and bottles of water

Fatal Flaw:
-Sephtis can become incredibly angry when ridiculed about the rumors of his father or taking him for a fool. His temper can cloud his judgement to the opponent's advantage.

Extra:

Overpowering others
Training
Eating
Not being treated like a fool

Dislikes:

Sadness over death
Discrimination
Fangirls
People misinterpreting his father because of what was written

Fears:

-He will do something to embarrass himself