Chosen of the Gods (Ooc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Dapper Mog

Original poster
Plot Overview

Into the wilderness, the demigods traveled, hoping to thwart an upcoming disaster that was veiled in secrecy. They questioned how they were supposed to prevent some unknown catastrophic event, when even the gods themselves were somehow unaware of it. Nonetheless, they ventured out. How long had it been now? How did the prophecy go? Things didn't look good, even after the hell they'd all been through in the past, it was only getting worse. Now, they had to find their way home.

This rp is, of course, based on Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Our story begins briefly after the beginning of the first book and will continue throughout. The events that transpire here are also Non-canon, obviously, and won't affect the original story and events. However, occasionally, Canon characters and events will of course be referenced and possibly seen.

Ruling Notes

The rp is presently full, but, more slots will be opened later on.

I'll be playing a single PC, while also functioning as a GM, doing posts for the players while they act. I'll be doing rolls routinely to determine outcomes and such, so, please bear with me if I say something unpleasant happens, or you wind up being hit or grabbed by something. Depending on the roll, it will either auto miss, auto hit, or give you a chance to choose yourself. I will trust your judgments, more often than not.

Character Sheet

Appearance:
(A picture is preferred, and I'd prefer more realistic styles if you choose to use art. ^_^)

Name:
(This rp primarily takes place in the United States, where Mount Olympus now resides. Fortunately, America is enough of a melting pot that any and all cultures and ethnicities are fair game.)

Godly Parent:

(As a demigod, you are born of a god/goddess and a Mortal. Which God or goddess?)

Powers:

(Not all demigods have special powers, as not all Gods bestow their children with such gifts. Those who do are potentially powerful, but, every power has it's limits. Be careful with this, as it can be easy to go overboard with powers that are literally "god-like.")

Skills:

(Though not all demigods have mystical powers, most or all are blessed with skills and talents inherited from their godly parent. Though, remember that just because you are like your parents, it doesn't mean you can't have other skills.)

Gear:

(Half-Bloods are often in danger from monsters, which is a primary reason for Camp Half-Blood's existence. As such, they are trained to fight and protect themselves. Different people have different preferences and affinities for different Weapons, just like skills. So, choose wisely. Additionally, if you have already been claimed by your godly parent, you may start with a magical item given to them by their parent. Please, if you do this, have it make sense and make sure you can explain how and why they got it. Especially since most of the minor gods seldom claim their children, and even the major gods don't until after they've arrived at camp and been there for a bit.)

Fatal Flaw:

(Everyone has flaws, Demigods are no exceptions. In fact, what makes them so special actually makes it more so. A fatal flaw is a character defect that has the possibility of getting you, and worse, others, killed. An example would be Medusa's pride, and we all know how that turned out.)

Extra:

(This section is entirely optional! I'd just like to give you a place to put things like:

Fears
Hopes
Greatest Wish
Favorite Food
Favorite Color
Birthday
Favorite Music
Etc...

So, since we're already full up, I'll just have you guys go ahead and post your sheets here, and I'll add a couple sections for you to add. These sections will be at the bottom of your sheet and inserted into the bottom of every post in spoilers. Please and thank you.

Items:
(This will be where you will list things like ambrosia, nectar, money, drachmas, and key items like keys or important relics.)

Condition:
(This section will keep track of how your character is holding up. It will in fact effect both story and rolls, while also giving other players a simple idea of how your character is looking if injured without you having to specifically describe it.)

Health: (Fine, Injured, Exhausted, Near-Death)
Status: (Any buffs or debuffs, as well as things like Polymorphed, Asleep, Crippled, etc...)

Additional Information

More will definitely be added. This is going to be our OOC, so, feel free to chat. Relevant information will be maintained on this first post. I'll try to update it regularly.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Appearance:
blacksmith_by_archvermin.jpg

Name:
Leonidus Valentino

Godly Parent:

Hephaestus

Powers:

Master Builder:
Leo has always had an innate knack for technology and understanding them on another level than most people do. He can always see a blueprint within any object he looks at which allows him to possibly mash-up things that normally wouldn't go together and make them work, or break down objects to find something more valuable than its original purpose. This leaves his mind constantly swimming with possibilities as he looks upon the world with a different view than most people.

Gear:

- A Great sword that goes by the name, "Nightingale".
- A tool kit that holds all his more valuable tools.
- A longsword he forged as a means of secondary offense.
- A shield he made which has the symbol of his house painted upon its face.
-His fathiful hammer, Ash, who has never left his side since the day they were united as one.

Fatal Flaw:

Leo has a rather blunt nature about him that causes him to be less receptive towards the feelings of others. He hates dancing around issues prefering to simply skip to the point and be done with the whole affair. This has gotten him into a fair bit of trouble in his life, as he treats everyone the same way with his attitude god, demigod, or human they're all on the same levels in his eyes.

Extra:

Smithing
Solitude
Training
Pushing the limits in everything he does.

Dislikes:
Long conversation
Being interrupted
Emotional beings
Being looked down upon
Those that pick upon the defenseless

Fears
Having to give up his forge
Losing those close to him
Meeting his father

Hopes
To have his works enjoyed by many.
To find someone to call his own.
Have his father finally acknowledge his skill, and maybe come visit.

Greatest Wish
To invent something that even his father must praise him for his efforts.

Favorite Food
Apples

Favorite Color
Red

Birthday
May 7, 1999

Favorite Music
None as he hops between genres.

Items:
- His Longsword
- His shield
- Ash
- His Toolbox
- 5 drachma
- 20 dollars

Condition:

Health: Fine yet Exhausted

"I am the true descendant of divine justice."

Appearance:

CLICK HERE

Name:

"I am Historia, Historia Lyss..."

Historia Lyss

"Fourteen."

"Are you trying to tell me something?"

Female

Godly Parent:

"Nemesis; My mother is the Goddess of Justice."

Nemesis, The Goddess of Justice

Powers:

"No normal man can surpass my judgement."

Keen Judgement: Historia is capable of telling who is guilty and who is truly innocent by hearing both sides of the story. She does not make her decisions based on how relatable another person is or how much they are antagonized. Or rather, she listens to the tones of voices, has a sixth sense for finding contradictions, and pieces it all together and find out who the real culprit is. Only the greatest judge or lawyer can rival her.

Skills:

"You can't fool me."

-Lie detection
-Can read a person's body language
-Memorized a good bit of the law
-Strong mindset
-Advanced swordsmanship
-Intermediate hand-to-hand combat

Gear:
-
A long sword that was a gift from her mother, which she calls "Justice"
-A judge's gavel given to her by the first court as a souvenir (for being the youngest and most helpful person on the jury)

Fatal Flaw:
Historia has a large amount of pride about her keen sense of judgement. She knows that she is right when it comes to her finding the truth, and cannot accept hearing that she's proven wrong. Historia accusing the wrong person will make her mentally breakdown and cause vulnerability. The only way she can get back on her feet would be to find anything to support her claim or ease herself through shock.

Extra:

Participating in court cases
Sorting out an argument
Being right
Sword training
Reading novels
Fruits of any kind
Stories in general

Dislikes:

Ignorance
Prejudice opinions
Bigots
Constantly changing story
Arguments contradicting hers

Fears:

Being killed
Accusing the innocent of being guilty
Being unable to live up to expectations

Greatest Wish:

"I can't defy what I'm destined to be."

Become the doyen of Justice

Favorite Food:

"Natural sugar is the best sugar."

Fruits of any kind

Favorite Color:

Gold

Birthday:

November 21st, 2001

Favorite Music:

Alternative Rock

Etc...

Condition:

Health: Fine

"Death's a pretty tricky thing, you know? Some people see it as the end of everything, and other people see it as this.. "new beginning", so to say. I-not that you care- I see as... both."

Appearance:
CLICK HERE

Name:

"Sephtis... Tell me your name, so it's fair."

Sephtis

"Sixteen. Not that it matters."

"I'm a guy.. obviously."

Male

Godly Parent:

Thanatos: Personification of Death

Powers:

"I can tell when someone died... Remember Lydia, your neighbor? Yeah, you should get the police in her apartment."

Sixth Sense: Sephtis has a sixth sense for death, even if the death is not near him. If someone he has met dies, he will be the first to know (or the second if the dead person was victim of homicide)

Shadow Travels: Has the ability to disappear within the shadows to his chosen location. Though the process is exhausting, which means it is limited to 2, maybe 3 times of usage at most.

Skills:

~High reflexes
~Acrobatic
~Advanced in scythe usage
~Advanced in hand to hand combat
~Intermediate survival skills due to traveling
~Able to tell when a person is dead or is going to die in a situation just by sight

Gear:
-A scythe, appropriate for the son of "The Grim Reaper", or whatever they called his father.
-A chain cuff on his left wrist, to remind him of the fool they take himself and his father for.
-Backpack of snacks and bottles of water

Fatal Flaw:
-Sephtis can become incredibly angry when ridiculed about the rumors of his father or taking him for a fool. His temper can cloud his judgement to the opponent's advantage.

Extra:

Overpowering others
Training
Eating
Not being treated like a fool

Dislikes:

Sadness over death
Discrimination
Fangirls (Because of appearance)
People misinterpreting his father because of what was written

Fears:

-He will do something to embarrass himself

Greatest Wish:

-To become the next personification of Death

Favorite Food:

Anything

Favorite Color:

Black and purple

Birthday:

December 2nd, 1999

Favorite Music:

N/A

Condition:

tumblr_nhofatbNE71s1p1odo1_500.jpg Appearance: (image credit to Oper on Tumblr)

Name: Natane 'Nat' Bell

Godly Parent:
Nyx the goddess of Night

Powers:
Creating shadow constructs, manipulating shadows/darkness; essentially umbrakinesis

Skills:
Nat has an odd knack for tracking things, as she is extremely observant and has a few overactive senses. She is also extremely disciplined in Karate, Judo, and Kung Fu. Finally, Natane is a gifted actress. Well, she has to be.

Gear:
A silver armband created to look like bats surrounding a star within a crescent moon. It was a gift from her mother that seemed ordinary enough. If anyone asks, Nat will tell them her father gave it to her for her 16th birthday. It is normally kept within a sleek, black chest with Nat's diary and her mp3 player. When worn, this armband will shroud the wearer in complete darkness, making them undetectable by scent, taste, sight, or sound.

A double edged short sword with a hilt carved out of obsidian

Poison darts w/ blowgun

An emergency pistol with silver bullets

Fatal Flaw:
Natane is quite impulsive, acting in the heat of the moment. She barely ever weighs out the consequences of her actions and jumps straight into things rather than thinking through them. That isn't to imply that she isn't intelligent, because she is, but she acts first and thinks later.

Extra:
(This section is entirely optional! I'd just like to give you a place to put things like:

Dislikes: Mornings, the Sun, Loud Noises

Fears: A lack of power, being a disappointment

Hopes: To be socially intimate with others, break down stereotypes, to be something worth being proud of (will change later on)

Greatest Wish: To belong and Be wanted (will change later on)

Favorite Food: Spaghetti

Favorite Color: Violet

Birthday: March 8th

Favorite Music: Indie artists like Halsey, Stephen, Melanie Martinez, Regina Spektor, Sia, Imogen Heap, Eden, LAUV, and others.

Theme song: Linkin Park- What I've Done

Items: mp3 player+earbuds, arm band, emergency pistol, poison tipped darts+tiny blowgun, a snack of wasabi peas, and a water bottle

Condition:

Last edited:
Appearance:
"Cute, right?"

ca00eb9a7df9d4397ff9bb20b408f248.jpg

Name:
"That's Princess Selena to you. Just kidding!"

Selena Amezcua

"I'm this many. Wait, I don't have enough fingers."

Female

Godly Parent:
"Daddy? He's the messenger of the gods, and also has a bunch of titles. Like god of trade, thieves, travelers, sports, athletes, border crossings, and even the guide to the Underworld. Suffice to say, he's pretty cool."

Hermes

Powers:
"No, I don't have any nifty magic powers. I'm just really good at what I do. Remember that if you wanna keep your pants up, 'cause i'll snatch your belt right off you before you even know i'm there."

None

Skills:
"Much like Daddy and my siblings, i'm kind of a jack-of-all-trades. I excell at a few things, and i'm really good at sports and stuff. Mostly though, i'm just good at taking stuff and being in places people don't want me to be in."

Acrobatic Skills
Highly Athletic
Great at Sports
Proficient With Daggers and Knives
Poor Swordplay
Decent Archery
Fantastic Pickpocket
Highly Stealthy
Efficient at Picking Locks
Can somewhat manipulate the mist

Gear:
"Just look at all my neat stuff! No touchy, though."

Pair of Celestial Bronze Daggers
Compass
Thieves Tools
Bandanna with Skull and Crossed Spears
Hair Ties
Harmonica
Various Odds and Ends

Fatal Flaw:
"Sometimes a girl just wants more."

Greed. Selena is prone to fits of kleptomania, and often times grabs things without thinking about it. On more than one occasion, she had taken valuables practically without realizing she had done so.

"I suppose I can share a little more about myself."

Parties
Conversation
Taking Things
Trinkets
Sports
Music
Information

Dislikes:

Fighting Needlessly
Quiet
False Information
Liars
Tamper-Proof Locks
Stupid People
Statues

Fears:

Being Petrified
Helplessness
Being Forgotten

Hopes:

To become a world renowned musician
To become the greatest thief to ever live
That her worth will never be dictacted by who she knows and not sho she is.

Greatest Wish:
To make her father proud.

Favorite Food:

Ice Cream

Favorite Color:

Yellow

Birthday:

December 1st

Favorite Music:

Blues/Funk/Rock and Roll

Items:
Digital Recorder, Harmonica, $50, 5 golden drachmas, lock picks, Greek to Spanish dictionary.

Condition:

@The Classy Mog
Ah excuse me
Do you remember me from the proto-thread
Well
I've decided to join, any possibilities for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.